Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Project AngelWing v3.0 - Field Upscale  (Read 207597 times)

Devina

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Project AngelWing v2.0 - Field Upscale
« Reply #75 on: 2019-01-17 00:02:44 »
Thanks, didn't see it. I'm still concerned since it seems the maker says they put it on hold, and Fated hasn't commented in that topic yet.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #76 on: 2019-01-17 00:24:07 »
Oh, I've seen it. And like Covarr said, there is already a thread for it. Been keeping an eye on that, too. I'm actually running my own tests with the one used in the FF7 thread (Gigapixel). Things look promising and it doesn't seem to create much false detail like the others.

Also I tend to talk/post about my tests on my Twitter these days. Kind of silly of me not to post about them here. :P
« Last Edit: 2019-01-17 01:07:39 by FatedCourage »

Haarhuss

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2019-04-05 20:41:53 »
I'm having this kind of problem:

And my folders look like this:

Any ideas on how to proceed?

PD: Steam overlay is disabled
« Last Edit: 2019-04-05 20:44:41 by Haarhuss »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #78 on: 2019-04-06 09:00:17 »

Haven't come across that issue in my testing... But, uh... I have to ask because of how your setup looks to me. Is this a cracked version of the game or an official one? If it's cracked then I can't guarantee there aren't compatibility issues and I can't help you. Not saying it is, but I feel like I need to point that out. As far as files go, everything looks right.

Edit: Actually, no. Your files aren't correct. AngelWing Spanish is just a necessary add-on. You're going to need the English AngelWing hashmap, too.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-06 12:26:17 by FatedCourage »

Haarhuss

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2019-04-06 12:15:15 »
I have the two, the official and a cracked version, I've modded the cracked version cause I'm a bit clumsy when messing with folders and didn't want to break nothing in the official one

2-versions" border="0

If you can assure me that I've put folders and files in the right place I'll start with the official  :-D

Edit: I've tried modding the official, and nothing works, no mods are working, and in the cracked they work, now I am confused  :(

Edit again...: Silly of me, I was missing some .dll, now the mods work, but the previous problem persists
« Last Edit: 2019-04-06 13:26:48 by Haarhuss »

M4k0

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Project AngelWing v1.0 - Field Upscale
« Reply #80 on: 2019-04-29 18:50:09 »
First of all, hello everyone and thank you FatedCourage, for all your effort.

Now, I have to say I can't get spanish version working. English works though.

I'm having the same issue that Arson had.
All my files are placed properly.

Problem seems to be related to "ProjectAngelWing_hm - Spanish.csv" due to it is working perfectly if I'm not using this file.
Besides, I can't get the directory sign working wether using english or spanish versions of the mod.

« Last Edit: 2019-04-29 19:56:00 by M4k0 »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #81 on: 2019-04-30 01:41:03 »
Your files are not placed properly.  hash2map and collisions need to be in the MAIN tonberry folder, NOT in /hashmap -- that folder is only for specifically named hashmaps. the hash2map and collisions files are needed for main tonberry functionality and they belong in the parent FINAL FANTASY/tonberry folder.

ALSO - make sure you have ProjectAngelwing_hm.csv AND your spanish CSV for the file. it's not like the other mods where you only use the specific language hashmap.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-30 01:43:36 by Mcindus »

M4k0

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2019-04-30 10:19:39 »
Hello, Mcindus. All my respects for you ^^.

Your files are not placed properly.  hash2map and collisions need to be in the MAIN tonberry folder, NOT in /hashmap -- that folder is only for specifically named hashmaps. the hash2map and collisions files are needed for main tonberry functionality and they belong in the parent FINAL FANTASY/tonberry folder.
I want to say thank you for that quick reply.
However, as I said, my files are placed correctly in the proper folder, as you are saying. "hash2map" and "collisions" in the MAIN tonberry folder. That's why I can run the mod using its english version, but I'm not able to do it using spanish version.

Above screenshots are Arson's. I just quoted it because my artifacts/broken textures problem is the same.
ALSO - make sure you have ProjectAngelwing_hm.csv AND your spanish CSV for the file. it's not like the other mods where you only use the specific language hashmap.
I have "ProjectAngelwing_hm.csv". Otherwise the mod won't work even using just english version.
As I said, if I keep the spanish file aswell, it won't work. As soon as I delete it, it works.
Just posting in case that there is an issue or something so you guys can fix it.

By the way, I'm using steam genuine version of FF8, of course.

Thank you again!
« Last Edit: 2019-04-30 10:24:49 by M4k0 »

Dakuryon

• The Magus Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2019-05-02 07:55:09 »
Thank you so much for all the hard work you do to make one of my favorite games all the more stunning! Keep up the amazing work!

Toxsick

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2019-05-11 13:56:41 »
Hello and thank you for this work :)
I have a little issue :
https://imgshare.io/image/pn187

You can see on my screen that the result isn't has smooth as on your original post and in the reply to ff7maniac.
Do you have any idea on the problem ?

Guille

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2019-05-25 12:20:07 »
Hi!

I'm new, and first of all, thank you for the mod.

I have the same problem with Spanish version. The main problem are artifacts in the mirrors or other crystal objects (like lift doors, for example).

I put the mod files like this:

- Collisions.csv and has2map.csv in tonberry main folder.
- All textures folders in ...FinalFantasyVIII/texture folder
- ProjectAngelWing_hm - Spanish and ProjectAngelWing_hm in ...FinalFantasyVIII/tonberry/hasmap folder.

If I delete ProjectAngelWing_hm - Spanish, the mod works partially (the half background appears moded, and the other half appears unmoded?. And if I left only the spanish hasmap version, the problem persist and the mod doesn't work.

If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks again for the mod and i'll be waiting for update or fix!

ehs03y3ol

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2019-07-01 00:46:08 »
Thiere is an obvius error on ecmall1_22, but there are more obvius errors on rest of ecmall declarations on ProjectAngelWing_hm - Spanish.csv couse deleting them all fixes all the issues. I had generall issues with icons, status and others.

Can you please check what are wrong with those files?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-01 01:09:18 by ehs03y3ol »

Soliad

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2019-09-07 18:18:12 »

I have excatly the same problem, but i think i have the files in the correct folders:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FlWjudI9IolNwWG5U_qM6VgCs-_-i5Ze/view?usp=sharing

I hope you can fix it soon  :roll: . I will play in english version for now!

Thanks for this great mod!!  ;D ;D

Samiiya

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2019-09-08 06:09:08 »
Thank you so much for the mod, its great!
I have a question since I have been using your mod for really a long time but in FF8 Steam PC, now they just have released the FF8 Remastered Steam PC just few days ago. Can I still use your mod in FF8 Remastered Steam PC? ^^

IFireflyl

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2019-09-08 20:58:11 »
Thank you so much for the mod, its great!
I have a question since I have been using your mod for really a long time but in FF8 Steam PC, now they just have released the FF8 Remastered Steam PC just few days ago. Can I still use your mod in FF8 Remastered Steam PC? ^^

Not currently. The games have different file structures, and work still needs to be done on the Remastered version before we have mod support for it beyond "simple" mods like Triple Triad that are found in a textures folder.

Samiiya

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2019-09-09 04:41:54 »
Not currently. The games have different file structures, and work still needs to be done on the Remastered version before we have mod support for it beyond "simple" mods like Triple Triad that are found in a textures folder.

I got it, thank you so much ^^

JvFox

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2019-09-10 23:49:18 »
Regarding the Spanish version, I wanted to put the funds of the mod gum and I have used the files of this mod to work in the Spanish version.
It worked but it gave me the mistakes you talked about here, I have removed the file "ProjectAngelWing_hm - Spanish" and now it works fine, although in some funds some strange lines are seen so I will mix the angelwin funds with those of gum.

JvFox

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2019-09-11 15:50:35 »
I rectify what I said, if you remove the file it does not look good, there are areas that look pixelated, but I have found the solution.I only tried at the beginning of the game I can not ensure that errors do not arise later but the errors of the captures from previous messages it solves them.
You open the file "ProjectAngelWing_hm - Spanish" with the excel and delete cell number a-122 with the entry "ecmall1a_22,18446744073709551615"

Vivifellow

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2019-09-11 22:35:36 »
I rectify what I said, if you remove the file it does not look good, there are areas that look pixelated, but I have found the solution.I only tried at the beginning of the game I can not ensure that errors do not arise later but the errors of the captures from previous messages it solves them.
You open the file "ProjectAngelWing_hm - Spanish" with the excel and delete cell number a-122 with the entry "ecmall1a_22,18446744073709551615"

I have the same problem with the Spanish version, I modify the file, there's no bug, but the mod doesn't work. I hope there's any solution with this version.  :(

JvFox

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2019-09-12 23:26:27 »
I have the same problem with the Spanish version, I modify the file, there's no bug, but the mod doesn't work. I hope there's any solution with this version.  :(

What version of the game are you using? I use the original steam. Before modifying the file, if it works for you?
In this forum you cannot send private messages?
que version del juego estas utilizando? yo utilizo la de steam original. Antes de modificar el archivo, ¿si te funciona?
En este foro no se pueden mandar mensajes privados?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #95 on: 2019-09-13 20:20:55 »
I used @JvFox recommendation and deleted the entry that is (18446744073709551615) -- THIS IS A BAD HASH CODE

Here is the 'fixed' file for you Spanish users.  REPLACE the current file in tonberry/hashmap/ with this one:
https://mega.nz/#!f9YTGIwQ!ZcTpxCQToWFWBYL0nIqdzpqYGrVOMj9I3mOgbUpxB-g

Vivifellow

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2019-09-14 20:57:28 »
What version of the game are you using? I use the original steam. Before modifying the file, if it works for you?
In this forum you cannot send private messages?
que version del juego estas utilizando? yo utilizo la de steam original. Antes de modificar el archivo, ¿si te funciona?
En este foro no se pueden mandar mensajes privados?

También uso la versión de Steam (la antigua), con el nuevo archivo que ha pasado Mcindus funciona, quizás modifique mal el archivo. Aun asi, gracias a ti y a Mcindus!  :)

asaz989

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2019-09-25 23:14:04 »

Do you know where that work is going on?

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Project AngelWing v3.0 - Field Upscale
« Reply #98 on: 2019-11-18 08:54:26 »
Updated. People can now use field textures upscaled with Gigapixel. Currently in the "testing" phase and hoping to have a finalized version in the future with smoother edges. Current version will have a few lighting issues and problems fields which will hopefully be sorted out soon. Will also be implemented into the remaster if and when possible. ...Think that's all.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Project AngelWing v3.0 - Field Upscale
« Reply #99 on: 2019-11-18 16:07:05 »
YES!

::DOWNLOADING::

I'll let you know how it goes :)