Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838403 times)

iDerek759

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5425 on: 2017-06-10 22:18:33 »
However, I have just gotten to Disc 3, and none of the endgame mod content seems to have activated? I have been to Nibelheim to play the piano and visit the basement, to the weapons shop guy, and to the Battle Square, and they all act like they did normally. I also can't seem to change lead party members. I can visit the North Cave and fight 'Ruby'. Any idea why this is and/or a fix?

Reaching the 'point of no return' when descending the north crater should activate all New Threats, totally unmissable.

jamtoad

• View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: 2017-06-10 23:16:13 »
Reaching the 'point of no return' when descending the north crater should activate all New Threats, totally unmissable.
Oh thanks!! Guess I was too eager to try these out.

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: 2017-06-10 23:33:50 »
Does anyone here know if New Threat included with 7th heaven is latest version? It does not say anything about 2017 updates in the readme.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5428 on: 2017-06-11 00:50:23 »
It's not the latest update. I will update it when v1.5 is released.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: 2017-06-11 02:05:20 »
Does anyone here know if New Threat included with 7th heaven is latest version? It does not say anything about 2017 updates in the readme.

If you want to use the latest version of New Threat, then you'll have to download the IRO for it. I have a list of mods that go with it with minimal problems. The only problem I've had so far is some graphical errors with Clouds face and Tifa's arm cause of the Minigames Collection. I like to refur to them as Quasicloudo and Half Rayperson Tifa:

Miscellaneous - Team Avalanche Fields
Battle Models - Weapons
Battle Textures
Field Models - Objects
Animations
Field Textures - (your choice)
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
Media - Movies
Media - Music and Sound
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
Minigames Collection (Causes graphical problems with Cloud and Tifa)
Spell Textures
World Models - Vehicles
World Textures
FF7 NT IRO 25th February 2017

Once 7th Heaven updates to 1.5 however, this'll be outdated.

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: 2017-06-11 02:05:35 »
 if i download the individual New Threat IRO (latest version,) and place it in the  same folder as the rest of my IROs , will it show up  in the mod list or is there a special method to using new threat in conjuction with the other mods from 7th heaven?

Btw thank you for replying to all my posts to help me.. thats very kind and appreciated (EQ2Alyza)

and thank you strife98

also the 25th february 2017 isnt the latest version i thought.. i noticed a version from  april 2017..... which is the correct version to use?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/87iuzaz1uzlv2jb/FF7_NT_IRO_25th_February_2017.iro
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vidp2b30curmvpm/FF7_NT_IRO_14th_April_2017.iro

I am guessing the april one... but ive been wrong about obvious things before so id rather make sure before i waste bandwidth downloading with my data plan (I wish i could use public wifi to download mods.)
« Last Edit: 2017-06-11 02:11:01 by ZaruenKosai »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: 2017-06-11 02:17:57 »
Huh.....I didn't notice the April one.....I mean, I don't think there will be much of a difference in order. Use the latest one

Oh, and you have to import the IRO. In the Library tab there is an Import button. Click it, then click the From IRO archive tab, and hit the ... button. Go to where you have the IRO on your computer and select it, which, unless you moved it, will probably be in your downloads folder. Then click OK. It will then be in your library.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-11 02:30:19 by strife98 »

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: 2017-06-11 03:04:12 »
Thanks for the tips, sounds easy enough!

not nearly as difficult as modding gta V

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: 2017-06-11 03:35:41 »
No problem Zaruen, I like to help when I can.

Hey Sega, trying to figure out some strats for Omega Weapon (not asking for strats yet, I got some pretty good ideas.) Just want to check something, if I have a character with the max amount of Counter Attacks, and I start the fight defended, does he stay defended through Counter Attacks, or does countering negate the defense state?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: 2017-06-11 05:17:40 »
No problem Zaruen, I like to help when I can.

Hey Sega, trying to figure out some strats for Omega Weapon (not asking for strats yet, I got some pretty good ideas.) Just want to check something, if I have a character with the max amount of Counter Attacks, and I start the fight defended, does he stay defended through Counter Attacks, or does countering negate the defense state?

They stay Defending; the same should be true of all counter types.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: 2017-06-11 05:28:04 »
Ok, so it has been a while since last I played. RL and all that. Anyways, I downloaded all the appropriate DL's, and installed them in the order of "NT 1.4 Build Download - 6th January 2017 (Mk.2)", "NT 1.4 HotFix Flevel - 25th March 2017", and "NT 1.4 Scene.bin HotFix - 18th January 2017".

Started a New Game to see if I could spot any issues. Found one pretty much right off the bat, though it was minor. The 'Guard Hound" enemy that appears alongside the MP's right after the train in the New Game? The model for that enemy is missing, and it moves the "Enemy Arrow" to Cloud (meaning attacking the hound will result in Cloud taking damage). Thankfully that does not last for long, especially after the MP is dead, but yeah, had to say something. Not sure if it was an issue due to installing the "HotFix Flevel" before the "Scene.bin HotFix", but yeah, that's a thing apparently.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: 2017-06-11 11:53:49 »
I finally did it!!! I'm so freaking happy. I beat Omega Weapon just barely. Once I got his pattern down it was just a matter of, "Defend until he uses Tera Break." I had to prepare a lot beforehand though.

Spoiler: show
I'll tell ya, having Tifa's and Barrets Ultimate Weapons helped a TON. Tifa's more so, cause once I maxed out her MP She did TONS of damage, and combined with 4x Cut she was doing over 5k a hit with Barret following up with a modest 1k+ per hit (all my maxed all's were being used for other things or else he'd have nothing but alls and counter attacks.) Then Aerith went from being my original damage dealer with Mp Turbo, Magic Counter, Quadra Magic Comet 2, and Quadra Magic Bahamut ZERO, to hey, just kinda chill while they kill Omega, and heal once your ult gives way, and try to keep everyone alive, and that worked fantastically. I just barely survived Tera Break thanks to Tifa, used Life 2. Omega then uses Ultimate which Aerith barely survives, and uses Life 2. He physically attacks which double Cover Barret takes to the face like a piece of paper gently caressing his nose, and then Megalixers. Tifa Walls, and then we continue. Tifa finished him off right after he used Meggido Flame the second time, and I was so dang happy!

Such a good fight, good job on that. Now I just have to deal with his big brother in Platinum Cup!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: 2017-06-11 12:48:55 »
Ok, so it has been a while since last I played. RL and all that. Anyways, I downloaded all the appropriate DL's, and installed them in the order of "NT 1.4 Build Download - 6th January 2017 (Mk.2)", "NT 1.4 HotFix Flevel - 25th March 2017", and "NT 1.4 Scene.bin HotFix - 18th January 2017".

Started a New Game to see if I could spot any issues. Found one pretty much right off the bat, though it was minor. The 'Guard Hound" enemy that appears alongside the MP's right after the train in the New Game? The model for that enemy is missing, and it moves the "Enemy Arrow" to Cloud (meaning attacking the hound will result in Cloud taking damage). Thankfully that does not last for long, especially after the MP is dead, but yeah, had to say something. Not sure if it was an issue due to installing the "HotFix Flevel" before the "Scene.bin HotFix", but yeah, that's a thing apparently.

Very bizarre, I fought the enemy and saw what you mean. It's like a teleporting shadow.

I finally did it!!! I'm so freaking happy. I beat Omega Weapon just barely. Once I got his pattern down it was just a matter of, "Defend until he uses Tera Break." I had to prepare a lot beforehand though.

Spoiler: show
I'll tell ya, having Tifa's and Barrets Ultimate Weapons helped a TON. Tifa's more so, cause once I maxed out her MP She did TONS of damage, and combined with 4x Cut she was doing over 5k a hit with Barret following up with a modest 1k+ per hit (all my maxed all's were being used for other things or else he'd have nothing but alls and counter attacks.) Then Aerith went from being my original damage dealer with Mp Turbo, Magic Counter, Quadra Magic Comet 2, and Quadra Magic Bahamut ZERO, to hey, just kinda chill while they kill Omega, and heal once your ult gives way, and try to keep everyone alive, and that worked fantastically. I just barely survived Tera Break thanks to Tifa, used Life 2. Omega then uses Ultimate which Aerith barely survives, and uses Life 2. He physically attacks which double Cover Barret takes to the face like a piece of paper gently caressing his nose, and then Megalixers. Tifa Walls, and then we continue. Tifa finished him off right after he used Meggido Flame the second time, and I was so dang happy!

Such a good fight, good job on that. Now I just have to deal with his big brother in Platinum Cup!

Congrats, Nemesis is similar in that he has a pattern. Checking the wiki for FFX Nemesis' AI, attacks, etc. should help.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: 2017-06-12 00:50:34 »
Hi SegaChief,

Thank you for the worthy new game.

I would like to track the Gold Saucer/affection point values as in days of yore. I'm on the NT Steam version, and since I understand they can change in other ways under your systems, I'm trying to isolate the characters' current affection values' address with Cheat Engine. Cheat Engine scans a running program for values, then can do further scans to narrow them down.

So, for instance, I searched through here and found that everyone starts out at 0. After a number of failed experiments, I thought maybe something I said before meeting Tifa might have moved her value from there. So I have scanned all values between -10 and 10, then scanned those for values increased by 5 after the flower and "Gimme something hard." There are, apparently, no values which meet these criteria. Could you provide any info which would help me find and track these values with Cheat Engine?

Thank you for your time!

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: 2017-06-12 01:41:41 »
Hi SegaChief,

Thank you for the worthy new game.

I would like to track the Gold Saucer/affection point values as in days of yore. I'm on the NT Steam version, and since I understand they can change in other ways under your systems, I'm trying to isolate the characters' current affection values' address with Cheat Engine. Cheat Engine scans a running program for values, then can do further scans to narrow them down.

So, for instance, I searched through here and found that everyone starts out at 0. After a number of failed experiments, I thought maybe something I said before meeting Tifa might have moved her value from there. So I have scanned all values between -10 and 10, then scanned those for values increased by 5 after the flower and "Gimme something hard." There are, apparently, no values which meet these criteria. Could you provide any info which would help me find and track these values with Cheat Engine?

Thank you for your time!
I would suggest you use the "Black_Chocobo" program (it modifies savefiles). :shrugs:

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: 2017-06-12 01:43:53 »
Oh, good idea. You happen to know it works with NT saves, then?

That worked. The choices don't increase by the old values anymore.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 02:28:56 by Vir »

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: 2017-06-12 02:37:41 »
Oh, good idea. You happen to know it works with NT saves, then?

That worked. The choices don't increase by the old values anymore.
Well, I'm pretty sure that Sega Chief used the "Dating Points" system in the game for dealing with and increasing character stats, and messed around with the coding to allow him to tie it to all the characters. :shrugs:

The "Gold Saucer Date" you get is optional, and not tied to that point-system. :shrugs again:

That said, the early choices that were tied to the date in the canon game does benefit various characters in New Threat, allowing them to increase their stats if done right.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 02:40:54 by Robo Jesus »

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: 2017-06-12 02:44:53 »
It's the combination of those, the "gameplay" of playing with the stats (even though I could do it without) in the new way and the "roleplay" of choosing the date in the old fashioned way, that I want to track the points. Thanks for the help!

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: 2017-06-12 03:02:16 »
Just wondering, is there a particular reason why New Threat does not combine with Because Retranslation by DLPB?

I was under the impression that New Threat does not really change the text of the game (except perhaps cleaning it up...) but if one was to use both, couldnt you modify the load order so that all changes from new threat take priority over the ReTranslation , and use the retranslation for wherever is not affected by new threat... or is that not how it works?

« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 03:04:06 by ZaruenKosai »

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: 2017-06-12 05:32:03 »
Just wondering, is there a particular reason why New Threat does not combine with Because Retranslation by DLPB?

I was under the impression that New Threat does not really change the text of the game (except perhaps cleaning it up...) but if one was to use both, couldnt you modify the load order so that all changes from new threat take priority over the ReTranslation , and use the retranslation for wherever is not affected by new threat... or is that not how it works?
New Threat adds a lot of new content, and that in turn creates the need for text for some of that, which is then listed somewhere in the textfile lists and data. So it's likely the two mods are having a bad reaction to eachother due to both using the same list in different ways, creating conflicts as a consequence.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5445 on: 2017-06-12 07:13:47 »
It's also a fact that I fixed many of the fields - and any that conflict with NT will cause crashes or other problems.

Ice30

• View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: 2017-06-12 14:56:30 »
Really enjoying this mod.

So I was trying to get a second master magic materia, but I realised I have no shield materia left because the one that was dropped by diamond weapon was already mastered... Is this intended? I kinda want to be able to get a set of master magic...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: 2017-06-12 15:17:05 »
It wasn't intended to keep Master Blending for the current build but it snuck in when I restored the field at some point. The plan for the new build is that you can blend for Master Magic without consuming your current Materia but that it can only be performed once.

Ice30

• View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: 2017-06-12 15:24:30 »
Okay fair enough I can see why. I just feel like i haven't completed ff7 until i have at least 3 of each master magic and command materia lol. I'll try and get used to it. Thanks again for all your hard work the mod is fantastic. Can't wait to play the 'hard' difficulty of it!

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: 2017-06-12 17:26:15 »
You know Sega, I've seen a lot of things in this mod. The Cait Sith Tank, Fluffles MKII, Omega Weapon and Nemesis, however all of that pales in comparison to the New Threat Temple of the Ancient boss. I...I don't know what was going through your head when you made that, but you are a sick, twisted, beautiful man, and keep that up cause that was the best thing I've ever seen. It just....it was just so good actually started laughing when I saw it. And the story before it just fit so well. Just beautiful.