Author Topic: FFVII PC crashes.  (Read 6885 times)

pidey

FFVII PC crashes.
« on: 2005-11-05 23:09:20 »
Hello, I am having problems playing FFVII for the PC.

Whenever an attack is done in combat (combat starts fine), or I open the menu, the game crashes.

I have the FFVII platnum edition that is updated to 1.02 (bought from friend), and I also downloaded the Ultima edition, same problem.

Computer stats: Windows 2000, 3.2mhz PIV with HT, problem occured both on integrated Intel Extreme graphics and a GF6600

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nighthawk

• View Profile
FFVII PC crashes.
« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-05 23:47:41 »
First off: check the cleanliness of your discs. A similar thing happened to me, but a quick wipe with a cloth sorted that out ^_^.

Next, it is widely known that Windows 2K creates problems with FF7. Have you been able to play it without problems before, or has it always happened like this?

pidey

FFVII PC crashes.
« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-06 02:23:09 »
It has always happened like this, and I know its not the disks because there is never a physical disk used when I installed the ultima edition.

Nighthawk

• View Profile
FFVII PC crashes.
« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-06 02:43:38 »
Mmmm. Try re-installing it. Do you have the Maximum Install for your basic copy? I am very inexperienced with the Ultima edition  :-?
If that doesn't help, I can't help you. Sorry  :(

danknugga

• View Profile
FFVII PC crashes.
« Reply #4 on: 2005-11-06 04:01:39 »
the problem is you're using the ultima edition.  there are way too many bugs in it, there's no reason for you to be using it, it creates nothing but problems

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
FFVII PC crashes.
« Reply #5 on: 2005-11-06 04:10:48 »
This is not the place for this thread and we do not support downloaded copies of this game (not to imply that you are asking for help with the pirated version, if you own a real copy, but we still don’t support downloaded copies).

L. Spiro

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
FFVII PC crashes.
« Reply #6 on: 2005-11-06 07:40:33 »
Here is a tutorial on how to make ff7 running (without crashes) under Win2k. It says that you don't need the 1.02 patch installed in order to play.

dziugo

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
FFVII PC crashes.
« Reply #7 on: 2005-11-06 12:41:57 »
Topic moved and locked.
No support for downloaded copies here.

- Alhexx

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
FFVII PC crashes.
« Reply #8 on: 2005-11-06 14:20:03 »
Topic unlocked again, he does say he owns an original copy as well (borderline case I know). Anyone with ideas to get the legal version running, feel free to reply.

(pidey: Ultima edition contains some nasties anyway, so you're more likely to get some progress from your original discs.)

pidey

FFVII PC crashes.
« Reply #9 on: 2005-11-06 19:05:30 »
Thank you dziugo, that fixed my problem.

I never thought that using a downloaded copy even though I have a legitimate one just to check if it was the CD's problem would be such a big deal.  :-?

Again, thank you.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
FFVII PC crashes.
« Reply #10 on: 2005-11-06 19:13:32 »
pidey: Sorry.
The reason why I decided to lock this topic was because this board was flooded by requests for support of downloaded copies the last few months, and we had to get rid of all that.

As Qhimm said, it's a borderline case here. When he says that it's okay in this case, then you do not to worry.

- Alhexx