Author Topic: Issue with speakers and headphones [Not related to any game]  (Read 3757 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Title says most, but let me elaborate. If you can't be bothered to read skip the next 2 paragraphs.

Recently, I tried to put headphones to listen music and talk with other people without disturbing anyone. With headphones I didn't notice at first, but then someone pointed out that sound was still coming out of the speakers. This annoyed me but I had to deal with it.

Yesterday, I tried to connect something to my PC, but about 99% of the sound was still coming out of the speakers. Turning up the volume to the maximum made a very small amount of sound to come out by the speakers connected on my PC (not the build-in ones) and a lot still come out by the build-in ones.

To sum it up : When I connect headphones next to nothing comes out in it but it still comes out of the PC's speakers.

Windows 7 64 bits (laptop).
ASUS AMD Radeon 6570M/5700 series
Intel Core i7 CPU, 1.73 GHz (8 CPUs)
About 13 months old.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
Any recent damage? I had an issue like this once and had to replace my headphone jack. Dirt and shit gets in there once and a while and that causes problems. Otherwise run diagnostics on it and see if it's a driver issue.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
If you got windows then you could try clickong on that sound thing on the bottom right and go somewhere i think its called "advanced options/mixer" whatever then click on the speaker and change to headphone mode and save
« Last Edit: 2012-01-30 18:37:26 by e1sunz »

Swayless

• "Cake is a lie and you know it"
    • View Profile
More than likely guitar dude hit the nail on the head.  You can try a dry qtip, or some canned air, but more then likely you'll have to replace the jack itself.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
I'll try a dry qtip. This might work. Otherwise I hope the warranty's covers this. The first 12 months cover everything, but the remaining 12 months cover most of the things. I hope this gets in...

Edit: qtip did nothing. Now canned air time... once I get some. I have to remedy to the damn occasional overheat also.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-01 12:37:51 by Vgr »

Swayless

• View Profile
Sorry to hear it.  Hopefully you'll be able to get it fixed

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Got a can of comprimed air. Didn't fix it. But man, there was more dust than I could ever think in my laptop o.o

Swayless

• View Profile
Lol I got you beat.  My laptop actually has been to iraq.  Bought it off my brother (Marine), right after I got it from him, I popped it open, laughed my ass off when about a half oz of sand came out

ThomasAnderson

There is a option in the sound device software for example, in realtech you can find two options:
1. Separate the front and back audio jacks, which cause both the jacks to work.
2. Use as single jack, Now when you plug the speakers to back side jack the front doesn't work only one jack will work.
if you have still problems then  you need to take help for windows drivers update from the technician to fix your issue.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Note: The issue was fixed already, just telling what it is.

I had the bad habit of already shutting down stuff when booting up my computer, which included Realtek (thought it served no purpose...) so it was as stupid as it could be x_x