Author Topic: Error while Downloading Mods  (Read 2075 times)

OceanGroupGamer

• View Profile
Error while Downloading Mods
« on: 2020-02-10 20:37:28 »
Hello sorry to be a pain but whenever i download any of the bigger mods it gets so far then freezes on the same kb/s then crashes with this error.Please help.

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.BackgroundCatCheck(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: Error while Downloading Mods
« Reply #1 on: 2020-02-10 23:57:33 »
A lot of people have been trying to download larger mods and over-running the bandwidth quota lately, so this could be related, though it seems more like you've run out of local resources (either disk or ram).  What are your system specs, and how much free drive space do you have?

OceanGroupGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-02-12 18:22:41 »
Hello and thanks for the reply,ive looked at simillar posts and your right.Ive only had this problem with the larger mods.I have a lenovo y520T legion desktop running on an I5 Processor ,about 700GB free space, 8GB of RAM and im running an Nvidia 1060 Graphics card

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-02-13 02:20:05 »
Well, plenty of space (both disk and ram)... what happens if you try downloading a mod from its release thread here on the forums (which is typically mega) rather than the catalog (google drive)?

OceanGroupGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-02-15 19:47:11 »
I havent tried that yet as im unsure where to find them?Would i still need to put the mods in order for it to work?

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-02-15 21:32:27 »
I havent tried that yet as im unsure where to find them?Would i still need to put the mods in order for it to work?
Where to find them:  Here on the forums ;)  Published mods (and even work-in-progress like Project Edge) will have their own release threads in the related sub-forum (e.g. FF7 Graphical Releases)

Where to put them:  In your library folder (generally something along the lines of C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\mods\7th Heaven)