Author Topic: Bye bye, loyal subjects!  (Read 47053 times)

Jari

Bye bye, loyal subjects!
« on: 2007-06-03 04:13:04 »
J/K

Although I am going to stop moderating, which is why I posted this. I have requested for my privileges to be removed and regardless of whether they will be, I will stop using them. As it never said 'Mod' under my name - which was fine by me - it's not apparent that I'm not one anymore, either... which is the reason for me posting this, as I hate to be blamed for something that is not my fault.

So, if you think that moderators are not doing their job, don't whine to me, not my job anymore. :-P

I have my reasons, but let's just say that from now on I'll let better people do the job. Holier people. People who are always right and know what is best for other people. :)

Don't worry, you ought to be happy with them, since they make no mistakes. :)

PS. And why am I keeping my account then, you ask? Because they'd like me to leave altogether. It'll be a thorn in their side, and that's just the way I like it. :-D If someone thinks that they can threaten me to leave, they'll be oh-so-wrong, as they have found out.

PPS. Waiting for the snarky posts with great anticipation here. I know you wanna do them. :-D But wait... you can't do it behind my back now!!! Oh noes, you'd have to actually show that you are petty, little people. That would be so bad for your public image, wouldn't it? :-D

PPPS. If you don't get some of the things I talk about, just ignore them. In that case they are not directed at you.

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Re: Bye bye, loyal subjects!
« Reply #1 on: 2007-06-03 08:05:49 »
Wait, Who wants you to leave?

;_;

Jari

« Reply #2 on: 2007-06-03 08:25:25 »
That is a good question, right there.

While I know what the people in the know - or at least people who claim to be in the know - say about the hints of this person's identity, I'm not sure at all anymore whether I should believe them. I suspect that I've been taken for a ride. But the fact remains, someone went through a great deal of trouble to try and make me leave, whether it's the person all the leads I've been told point to, or someone else.

And well... regardless of that, certain people would rather not have me here, for various reasons.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-06-03 08:29:08 »
Because they can't stand the fact you probably proved them wrong on a thing or two?  Fuck 'em, Stay.

Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2007-06-03 08:34:19 »
...it's more complicated than that. The actual reasons vary by person, and in the case of the person behind all this... well, they'd have to depend greatly on who that person actually is. Meaning that even I am not sure about them.

But not to worry, I am going to stay, I just won't be moderating anymore. :)

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-06-03 08:37:52 »
Winner :D

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #6 on: 2007-06-03 09:53:29 »
If my pm was part of your reasons, i'm sorry because i always thought you are a good Mod and you've always done well here with telling people what they're doing wrong.
Anyways, thanks for everything you did in this forums as a Mod and I really understand that because being a Mod is much work sometimes.

Jari

« Reply #7 on: 2007-06-03 10:12:30 »
Awww, don't worry, your PM was just fine; I thought that it was a perfectly appropriate for the situation.

For that matter, I've gotten bunch of PMs that were less appropriate too - usually happens when someone grows a set of balls and decides to whine to me instead of the administration - and they are not the reason for this, either.

Like I said - or at least tried to insinuate - the exact reasons behind this are more complicated.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-06-03 12:55:27 »
Wow, this is so "Deja-vu".

Jari

« Reply #9 on: 2007-06-03 13:05:18 »
I <3 you too. :-D

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-06-03 13:41:27 »
I <3 you too. :-D
I wasn't being negative man, but why want mod powers anyway? Only gets trouble.
Just annoy newbs with the normal "user" powers! *grin*

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-06-03 15:45:56 »
Wait, Who wants you to leave?

Why, me of course. I hate that Jari-Mod-from-hell-possibly-the-antichrist-killed-my-father-and-some-of-my-other-family-and-is-actually-Hitler bastard~  :wink:

At least you're sticking around this time?

Jari

« Reply #12 on: 2007-06-03 15:52:58 »
Kekeke :-D

Of course, as it will no doubt annoy the hell out of few people. :-D

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-06-03 16:50:57 »
Kekeke :-D

Of course, as it will no doubt annoy the hell out of few people. :-D
Who? (i really wonder what happened behind the scenes :P)
I do get scared a bit 'cus of your avatar though :(

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007-06-04 00:39:14 »
Oh noes now with out your uber powers the noobs might start coming again and asking questions on less than legal subjects, OH THE ANARCHY IT WILL BE :-P.
Seriously though I don't know why people would want you to leave your a great mod, or rather you where. This has to be the cleanest forum I've ever seen while I'm sure the other mods play a big role in this I like to think of you as the driving force.
One thing though who could possibly make you want to leave your mod position like this.
I'm kinda hoping for some more Jari vs the people flame wars, will we ever see any again?
Anyhoo you've been a great mod and I know I'll miss your modshipness anyway.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-06-04 15:09:09 »
Where have I seen this before?
Jari, don't give in! The job of moderating involves being hated and ridiculed, but you can take heart from the fruits of your labour!

Jari

« Reply #16 on: 2007-06-04 15:52:05 »
Oh, no no no, I don't have problems with the members I moderated, their response has been as expected (and I do enjoy pissing of trolls, in which case worse the response, happier I am).

It's someone else entirely that I do not agree with, and who have apparently turned out to be not quite what I expected.

But no more of that, it's complicated, like I said. And in any case, my privileges were taken away as requested, so I'm a rather regular member now. :)

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-06-05 02:32:57 »
Yeah we can troll this topic then  :-D

Jokes aside, I wonder who can want (er, I don't think it's gramatically correct?) , who wants? you to leave???  :?

If it's not a member moderated/banned.... Or a group of these....

And if it's in the "underground" of the forum ....

THEN , maybe it's another moderator or an administrator? Don't know, but as I saw a little War on  FESS forum (Fire Emblem Sanctuary of Strategy), where the current administrator tried to boot the mods he dislike, and finally get banned ... Strange but true.

Maybe it's the case here. I sense a bit o sarcasm in your initial post .. But I feel it is above "normal" users...

Maybe i'm wrong.  :roll:

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-06-05 03:49:04 »
In the profile settings you could just choose to have a user's posts not display.  If someone holds such contempt for someone, that would seem easier than going to all the trouble of getting the person to leave.  Don't let all my silly "reasoning" stop the "Underground's Master Plan."  :-D

Jari:
You were a great mod, and kept this the cleanest forum I frequent.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-06-06 00:49:13 »
Jari:
You were a great mod, and kept this the cleanest forum I frequent.

Exactly what I thought, a bit harsh mod, but the greatest mod of all forums i frequent (i go to) ...

I don't think it will be alot "worse" from now on, with lots of newbies/guests posting and so on, since there STILL are some mods (in mind: Alhexx, and another one i lost the name lol) and admins (admins can moderate, right?) ....

It is not as if people don't post there aren't still active . Wait and See...

Is there anychance  you come back Jari? Loved your sarcastic comments to calm down people hé hé lol

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007-06-07 03:11:46 »
So whats happening? Why can't you expose what those who want you to leave are telling you or whats happening? I saw you moderate one topic, the topic i though shouldn't have been moderated (grammarless discussion about sprite extaction, i thought that the extractors deserved to say whatever because of their great work) but then again this isn't my forum. See you.. uhh flame?  :|

So my questions are:
1. Are you going to stay or leave?
2. Who do you think wants you gone?

See yah

Decayrate

• I will be in my LABORATORY
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007-06-07 22:32:43 »
Thank god, you were starting to piss me off, with those all mighty (mod)power's

Joke off  :-D

I have seen lots of you, I kinda admire you :D (you were one of the reasons why I joind tEh forum :D)

KUTGW, or should I say good posting!

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007-06-08 08:04:49 »
Jari
I know we don't see eye to eye on some-thing's, but i think you was a good mod.

I did not have much to say just showing my support.
I think we need a mod like you, to keep some people in line.

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007-06-09 20:39:42 »
so I'm a rather regular member now. :)
I'm having a hard time swallowing that one...

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007-06-10 06:25:14 »
Personally, I am extremely satisfied.