Author Topic: Bye bye, loyal subjects!  (Read 47027 times)

Jari

Re: Bye bye, loyal subjects!
« Reply #25 on: 2007-06-10 09:21:44 »
Yeah, I'd imagine so. Less need to whine to admins, right? :-D

Oh damn, you know what? I'm going to make you a t-shirt. Just for you. :-D I <3 you so much. Ok, I lied - it's for all "*sniff* Jari is so 3v1l"-people. :-D

Well, not actual shirt, but high-res artwork, so you can print it and do the heat transfer shit or have an actual printer1 print it.

Notes

1. A person or business who prints stuff, not the device.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007-06-10 09:29:51 »
Maybe one day when the time is good you can come back and mod the forums, and we can have lots more noob vs jari conflicts.
Is there any chance you will come back at all?

Jari

« Reply #27 on: 2007-06-10 10:29:10 »
As a moderator?

There's always a chance, but I'm afraid it would require certain things from certain people, and I don't see that happening.

Anyway, a design for a t-shirt, as promised:

Print quality PDF, made to fit A4 (as it's smaller than Letter and just about any inkjet should be able to print on it) with 5mm margins on all sides (note that I haven't had time to calibrate colors on this system, so they are not accurate... but then again, the colors are not that important in this case).

You are free to use and/or distribute the design, but you can't make money from it, and you can't alter it without my permission either.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007-06-11 03:07:20 »
hahalol u cant tuch me no mor lol wut kan u do agaist my bad gramer n... aww damn I can't do it. I've never posted like an idiot and I never plan on doing it either... BTW your smilely looks a bit faded already...

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007-06-11 05:30:43 »
I also don't like messages with awful grammar and/or written in SMS style for that matter.

The problems with Jari were others: extreme rudeness and omnipotence delirium plus the congenital incapacity of distinguishing harmless and civil topics from those that had real reasons to be locked. The antithesis of a good Moderator.

Luckily now Jari's permission is needed only for making money out of those "oh so funny" shirts of his.

My thanks to whoever decided for the removal of his admin powers.
« Last Edit: 2007-06-11 05:33:55 by Salk »

Jari

« Reply #30 on: 2007-06-11 13:15:09 »
The problems with Jari were others: extreme rudeness and omnipotence delirium plus the congenital incapacity of distinguishing harmless and civil topics from those that had real reasons to be locked. The antithesis of a good Moderator.

Translation: Boo hoo, Jari hurt my feelings here, when I didn't get my way, boo hoo. After which I tried to whine to an admin by PM, but when that was ignored too, I became really enraged!

Pretty much a

situation, in other words.

Luckily now Jari's permission is needed only for making money out of those "oh so funny" shirts of his.

Too bad that the same admins who ordered that precious thread closed will still boss you around. :-D

My thanks to whoever decided for the removal of his admin powers.

So... that would be... nobody? As I've never had admin powers in any live version of this forum.

Anyway, like I said, the people you are trying to thank are also the source of your angst. But by all means, don't start being logical now. I like you more when you don't make any sense. :-D

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007-06-11 13:24:12 »
Translation: Boo hoo, Jari hurt my feelings here, when I didn't get my way, boo hoo. After which I tried to whine to an admin by PM, but when that was ignored too, I became really enraged!

Pretty much a

situation, in other words.

Ahahahaha quality.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #32 on: 2007-06-11 23:29:23 »
@Salk & Jari:
Please do not let this discussion escalate, okay?

- Alhexx

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007-06-12 01:03:44 »
Hey Jari,

Like Ice_cold I can't say that I always have agreed with you on some things.  But lately I was pleased to see how you turned out.  It's just a shame that you where removed from your status just as it happened.  Anyway, to be honest, I really think the forums will miss a moderator like the one you turned into the past few months.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007-06-12 03:03:30 »
Jaris lucky that this is the type of forum it is... He would be terrible crown control and his words would fall on deaf ears were they in some of the forums I went to. At least over here we are intelecual enough to read posts, and anwer them with correct grammar. Jari, you make others feel sorry for the people you attacked, and thats why people disliked you...

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007-06-12 04:04:55 »
@Alhexx:

Hi. No intention to escalate to anything. Just expressing my point of view here since it seems everybody posting - as usual when such things happen - seem to weep and glorify the deeds of a former Moderator.

I just wanted him (and the others) to know that there is one person that has no problem writing his content about it. I'd enjoy more saying it face to face to see if Mr. Tough Guy have the guts to repeat some insults then. You know, from behind a keyboard insulting is cheap...

Well, at least one person is grateful here.

@Jari:

I have no problems with Moderators doing their job (translation to make you feel happy: boss me around). I had a problem with you only. Problem gone. And be thankful I didn't whine to other ears so that you won't have more legal problems (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6708.0).
« Last Edit: 2007-06-12 05:49:29 by Salk »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007-06-12 05:28:38 »
Wait so you started that whole legal thing Jari was going on about.??

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007-06-12 05:54:04 »
Not at all, squeeble.

I just said that offenses on the Internet can be legally accounted for and become a serious problem for both the author and the site hosting him. That's why I hinted he can be glad to have no more than one legal issue going on (perhaps).
« Last Edit: 2007-06-12 06:06:24 by Salk »

Jari

« Reply #38 on: 2007-06-12 07:22:44 »
@Alhexx:

Hi. No intention to escalate to anything. Just expressing my point of view here since it seems everybody posting - as usual when such things happen - seem to weep and glorify the deeds of a former Moderator.

HAHAHAHA!

Thank you for the money. :) See, I made a bet after seeing Alhexx' post, that you'd post soon after, saying basically that "It wasn't me! It wasn't me!". You are pretty predictable, you see.

Oh yeah, a translation of Salk's post above: "I'm really bitter". :P

You know, from behind a keyboard insulting is cheap...

It is, isn't it? And from behind a pseudonym, no less. I'm pretty sure that you are not called Salk, while my name actually is Jari - majority of people here even know my last name, for that matter. So there, Mr Internet Tough Guy. :P

And be thankful I didn't whine to other ears so that you won't have more legal problems (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6708.0).

and

Not at all, squeeble.

I just said that offenses on the Internet can be legally accounted for and become a serious problem for both the author and the site hosting him. That's why I hinted he can be glad to have no more than one legal issue going on (perhaps).

Oh, Salk, Salk. Now you really have to put your money where your mouth is, if you don't want to be seen as a crybaby. Since you are the first person - ever - to accuse me of breaking a law here, prove it or apologize. And grovel real good too, buster.

Or you might some day find out that accusing someone of criminal activity falsely is one thing that is considered libel even without ever having to prove that the statement was meant as defamatory, under US system that is. And since almost all other systems are much more strict - in favor of the plaintiff - forum shopping would yield even better results.

If you are referring to a libel under either US or Finnish jurisdiction, you can just point me to the topic as I seem to be nowadays pretty well versed in knowing what is libel and what is not (go figure). If you want to use some other jurisdiction, you'd have to point me to Internet resource I can check, or at the very least specify which country we are talking about, so I can check for myself.

So, let's see it then. Either produce proof of me breaking a law, or apologize.

PS. You do understand that in the case I talk about in the topic you linked to I am the plaintiff, yes? That means the person accusing someone of breaking the law, not the person being accused of it.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007-06-12 09:34:44 »
@Jari:

you have repeatedly - during your time as Moderator - made use of injurious words and uncalled personal attacks. Such behaviour is not tolerated by most jurisdictions including the U.S. and incurs defamation (http://www.expertlaw.com/library/personal_injury/defamation.html)

Your accusation of libel against me is risible as my statements can be easily proven true (http://www.cyberlibel.com/defences.html) and truth is the first mean of defence. If you think otherwise, please go ahead and take the necessary legal steps. I will happily produce the proves already collected in case you would do it.

The only apologies in order here should be yours. And not only to me.

By the way, Salk is my pseudonym. I have no problems using one since I never happened to use it for gratuitous insolence. Should we enter legal actions you will have the pleasure of finding out about my real name. I still wonder if you'd dare repeat your insults face to face.

In respect of Alhexx's request, this is also my last message in this Topic.
« Last Edit: 2007-06-12 10:35:24 by Salk »

masteraden

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007-06-12 09:58:29 »
You have loyal subjects!!!!!!!!????Anyway I am happy with your choice you were not cut out to be a mod. like I said some time ago you still have nothing actually useful to say or contribute...

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007-06-12 10:12:03 »
Who cares it's hella fun to watch. As I see it it's the internet and the only way I'd reply to such "injurous" statements is if I actually got pissed off by what some guy somewhere on the other side of the planet actually thought of me, and noticing almost all of jaris posts are attacks rather than defense it seems like hes having alot of fun picking on people stupid enough to get offended on an internet forum.
I mean hey I sure enjoy watching it, I wake up check my frequented forums nothing interesting, then go onto Qhimm and waddya know Jaris havin it out with a few noobs on grammar. Great funn for all the family, coz if it was me I'd proably just put something up like.
I don't care Jari and move on, then if he attacked me in another thread on the same matter then he would look stupid, (not that your that petty jari).
But thankfully  you will probably get pissed off at what he says then retort then so on and so forth.
But as for starting a case on internet libel well pffft thats just ridiculous really unless they've actually done something really bad like digging dirt up on your real life and posting it up on the net rather than hey fuck tard use some grammar or I'll delete your topic, then replying OMFG you nazi moderator sort of crap.
aah anyway my two cents.
Whats that saying....

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007-06-12 10:19:18 »
You have loyal subjects!!!!!!!!????Anyway I am happy with your choice you were not cut out to be a mod. like I said some time ago you still have nothing actually useful to say or contribute...

He's done a damn sight more for this community than you ever have/will do mate.

masteraden

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007-06-12 10:38:14 »
I'm not saying he didn't do his part he just wasn't cut out to be a moderator even he thinks so and he doesn't need you to defend him if there is one thing Ive learned on this site is that jari can defend himself...MATE.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007-06-12 10:45:55 »
Who said anything about defending him? I was merely stating a fact.

masteraden

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007-06-12 10:53:12 »

He's done a damn sight more for this community than you ever have/will do mate.

This IS defending him his keyboard works let him reply.Jari fanboy look at all of your posts on this thred thats all I have to say.
« Last Edit: 2007-06-12 10:54:56 by masteraden »

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007-06-12 11:10:00 »
What, because I expressed that I didn't want him to leave?  Yeah, really makes me a fanboy and not a concerned friend

ChaosControl

• ยค
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007-06-12 12:14:17 »
And it's escalating!
*Does a dance*

Jari

« Reply #48 on: 2007-06-12 13:07:02 »
Kekekeke :-D Yeah, this is getting really hilarious.

you have repeatedly - during your time as Moderator - made use of injurious words and uncalled personal attacks. Such behaviour is not tolerated by most jurisdictions including the U.S. and incurs defamation (http://www.expertlaw.com/library/personal_injury/defamation.html)

Waiting for an example here. Don't bother quoting the law to me, believe it or not, I know quite a bit about it.

Remeber, it must be false, it must be defamatory and it must cause damage to the plaintiff (except for the few specific cases I showed you). Personal attack - whatever you might mean by that, since you can't seem to be able to provide an example - is not necessarily any of those things, and in fact pretty rarely is actually defamatory - and even less often causes damage (note: hurt feelings != damage). You seem to be under the impression that you can sue just about anyone for anything; you can't. Well, technically you can try, as libel falls under civil law under most western jurisdictions, but nothing much would come of it if you don't have a real case.

But talk is cheap. Example, or apology.

Your accusation of libel against me is risible as my statements can be easily proven true (http://www.cyberlibel.com/defences.html) and truth is the first mean of defence. If you think otherwise, please go ahead and take the necessary legal steps. I will happily produce the proves already collected in case you would do it.

Yes, truth is the only certain defense in a libel case - in US (in some other jurisdictions even truthful remark can be deemed libelous). Like I said, I know quite a bit about this. However, you seem to be having great difficulties in presenting even one example of this proof you supposedly have.

What you actually mean by all those words is that you don't have proof of any kind. You could have just said so, you know. :)

Like I said earlier, talk is cheap. Example or apology.

By the way, Salk is my pseudonym. I have no problems using one since I never happened to use it for gratuitous insolence. Should we enter legal actions you will have the pleasure of finding out about my real name. I still wonder if you'd dare repeat your insults face to face.

You just libel others from behind it. :-D

We can always hope. :-D

Hello masteraden, how are you? Still as stupid as you were when you were known as MasterAden? :P

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007-06-12 14:14:22 »
Kekekeke :-D Yeah, this is getting really hilarious.

Yeah  :-D

We can always hope. :-D
Yeah, I don't think this is over for now  :lol:

Hello masteraden, how are you? Still as stupid as you were when you were known as MasterAden? :P
Loved this topic  :-P
You see, you said Jari was useless, but no need to change your nickname, you'll still be found out...

Tremendous :-o