Author Topic: Open Chat  (Read 56833 times)

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
Re: Open Chat
« Reply #50 on: 2010-05-25 08:32:32 »
Yeah you are out of luck then. The materia are on the same texture sheets as a bunch of other stuff.

Well that I know.  The problem is that I can't install those texture sheets alone.  If I could just install everything but say the text, I'd be happy, problem there, is if I install everything and remove what I don't want, the default text glitches like crazy.  Another mod I'd like to be able to install stand-alone is the new map that looks like parchment, but, no dice, it seems.  I'd just inject it into my LGP, but I don't know how I would go about converting it to a .tex

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010-05-25 08:43:11 »
Nope, just all the cool people are located in canada

Since i'm not canadian or american, can any of you from there explain me why americans have all these jokes against canada?

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010-05-25 09:30:03 »

Since i'm not canadian or american, can any of you from there explain me why americans have all these jokes against canada?
Me too I'm not from any of these countries but I see or hear some of these jokes. Was their something bad happened in the past??

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-05-25 12:22:25 »
More likely that Americans just enjoy teasing the country next door.  The same way some British people enjoy teasing the French and the same way some Spanish people enjoy teasing the Portuguese.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010-05-25 15:12:02 »
the jokes go both ways. one of the running jokes is that all canadians live in igloos (snow houses) and just drink beer, watch hockey and... yea i unno nothin else or something.

in other nooz i just gawt up! :D day off fer the win...

@SL you've seen her stuff, liek yuffie! ... guard hounds has like... 10 polies right now :P.

@ the alcohol discussion, most booze will taste a little better the more you drink it... except cheap vodka, that seems to get worse. (also, bad beers tend to loose their good taste by the end of a bottle or so)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010-05-25 15:49:51 »
Yeah you are out of luck then. The materia are on the same texture sheets as a bunch of other stuff.

Well that I know.  The problem is that I can't install those texture sheets alone.  If I could just install everything but say the text, I'd be happy, problem there, is if I install everything and remove what I don't want, the default text glitches like crazy.  Another mod I'd like to be able to install stand-alone is the new map that looks like parchment, but, no dice, it seems.  I'd just inject it into my LGP, but I don't know how I would go about converting it to a .tex

Well aali has this nice feature called mod path that you could use. Once you set it up properly it will only load png's that you have in your modpath folder. So you could download the avalanche stuff and just insert the png's that you wanted to use.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010-05-25 20:35:50 »

Well aali has this nice feature called mod path that you could use. Once you set it up properly it will only load png's that you have in your modpath folder. So you could download the avalanche stuff and just insert the png's that you wanted to use.

I guess it's finally time to check that feature out, eh?

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010-05-25 21:02:13 »
Sorry for being a noob but how do you use mod path??

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #58 on: 2010-05-25 22:21:54 »
More likely that Americans just enjoy teasing the country next door.  The same way some British people enjoy teasing the French and the same way some Spanish people enjoy teasing the Portuguese.

You hit the nail on the head there. I'm from the US but have no problems with those from our frosted hat.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010-05-25 22:29:31 »

Well i could tell you, but the path to becoming a non noob involves you being able to figure things out yourself. I will give you a hint though. It is turned on in ff7opengl.cfg. I also suggest turning on the diagnostic messages. I think it is the last option in the config.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010-05-25 22:48:42 »

You hit the nail on the head there. I'm from the US but have no problems with those from our frosted hat.

Yeah, same here.  I have no problem with Canada, but I quite enjoy making fun of America Jr.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010-05-25 23:40:25 »
I've been going out with girls and all of them says that I should stop worrying about a useless game?? Damn.. Hope someday I'll find a hot chick who also likes FF7 or just someone who doesn't bug me too much.

My gf has an account here, and is working on some mods :P (not very complete:P).

There is a lot to be said for a partner who greatly shares similar interests ^^

Aww... ty T_T I really need to finish my yuffie don't I...? and get started on my guardhound. @__@ And start Sephi cuz I totally shotgunned him rait?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010-05-26 00:18:03 »
I've been going out with girls and all of them says that I should stop worrying about a useless game?? Damn.. Hope someday I'll find a hot chick who also likes FF7 or just someone who doesn't bug me too much.

My gf has an account here, and is working on some mods :P (not very complete:P).

There is a lot to be said for a partner who greatly shares similar interests ^^

Guardhound first!
Aww... ty T_T I really need to finish my yuffie don't I...? and get started on my guardhound. @__@ And start Sephi cuz I totally shotgunned him rait?

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010-05-26 00:34:21 »
But... but... Yuffie remains headless... and I feel bad. :< Didn't someone mention not to just abandon the projects they were working on and to finish them first before just jumping to something else? :P :P

Or whatever, I really don't care what I work on next. I've just been busy with the end of school, and being a musician I've been even moar busy with music projects and concerts after school finished. T_T But most of it's over, I'm gonna have a bit of spare time as of now to work on some mods, n maybe try to find a job also while I'm at it...

/ramble :D

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010-05-26 00:36:40 »
guardhound needs work first :P

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010-05-26 05:07:06 »

Me too I'm not from any of these countries but I see or hear some of these jokes. Was their something bad happened in the past??

I'm from the U.S. and as already stated, no special reason(except I think its partly because canada has never done anything militarily, yet we are a superpower)
Never heard of the igloo thing, thats eskimos lol. You do hear a lot of bear drinking jokes, pot jokes, hockey related stuff, and in almost every tv show making fun of canadians they talk like
So are you aboot to get on the truck ehh?

For some reason aboot(replacement for about) and ehh(pronounced with long A sound)are the only word jokes, Nut theyll make a character say aboot and ehh like a million times. Sometimes 2 actors will have a dialog and at one point itll be all
Actor 1: Ehh?
Actor 2:Ehh?
Actor 1 Ehh!
Actor 2 eeehhhhh!

Its sorta dumb lol.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010-05-26 05:16:36 »

I'm from the U.S. and as already stated, no special reason(except I think its partly because canada has never done anything militarily, yet we are a superpower)
Never heard of the igloo thing, thats eskimos lol. You do hear a lot of bear drinking jokes, pot jokes, hockey related stuff, and in almost every tv show making fun of canadians they talk like

For some reason aboot(replacement for about) and ehh(pronounced with long A sound)are the only word jokes, Nut theyll make a character say aboot and ehh like a million times. Sometimes 2 actors will have a dialog and at one point itll be all
Actor 1 Ehh!
Actor 2 eeehhhhh!

Its sorta dumb lol.

1. Its a sad day indeed when people forget about the world wars and the sacrifices many countries (including canadians) made
2. Bears dont taste very good :P
3. Not really sure why the pot jokes, it is illegal here as well. We just dont get thrown in prison for years if we get caught with it.
4. We really do talk like that eh

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010-05-26 05:29:38 »

Actor 1 Ehh!
Actor 2 eeehhhhh!

Its sorta dumb lol.

1. Its a sad day indeed when people forget about the world wars and the sacrifices many countries (including canadians) made
2. Bears dont taste very good :P
3. Not really sure why the pot jokes, it is illegal here as well. We just dont get thrown in prison for years if we get caught with it.
4. We really do talk like that eh
[/quote

Please educate me on canadas place in the world war...I can't remember at all.I'm not trying to sound like an ass, I legitamately want to know from someone who lives there so I don't make stupid comments again lol.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010-05-26 05:37:35 »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Canada_during_the_First_World_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Canada_during_the_Second_World_War

And thats not to mention the brunt of our military manning the front lines in Afghanistan right now, of which my brother was a part of.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010-05-26 05:41:43 »
Well that just sucks, I can't believe the citezenry was FORCED to fight, I guess thats another american misconception about canada. I gaurantee you many ppl I know would not know that canada has ever been active militarily(besides for having a defensive army) They don't even print that stuff in our high school history books(Believe me, I read every page of mine)

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010-05-26 05:48:03 »
Well you are supposed to be learning your history, not mine  :P

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #71 on: 2010-05-27 03:33:58 »

You do hear a lot of bear drinking jokes

???

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010-05-27 03:41:16 »

???

Well that does appear to be a bear drinking. XD.
It looks rather stuffed though. o.O.
Now i am hungry, it made me think of Yogi the bear, and picnic baskets. XD.

Anyways, my contribution to this thread. I just finished writing chapter one of my mini novel, getting it edited, fun stuffs when your editor tears apart all your hard work... But I am the type who craves constructive criticism, so I love it.

Other than that, my quest to learn 3D is finally taking off :D. I have been practicing for an hour each day. ^.^.

Mostly school though; and lots of procrastination. ;).

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010-05-27 04:50:37 »
what else are editors for? but gratz on 3d I expect some ultra 1337 HIrez backgrounds uber quick! :P

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010-05-27 08:05:58 »

Well i could tell you, but the path to becoming a non noob involves you being able to figure things out yourself. I will give you a hint though. It is turned on in ff7opengl.cfg. I also suggest turning on the diagnostic messages. I think it is the last option in the config.
Well I've been searching the .cfg files but I can't find any. I assume its on the latest driver but I use 0.7.6 since it does not have problems like the latest so I'll think I'll wait for 0.7.8 version. Thanks for the info though. :D