Author Topic: other platforms  (Read 3446 times)

Spaz_o_mataz

other platforms
« on: 2006-11-11 18:29:57 »
hi i've been watching this for quite some time now and have been looking for a couple of answers to a few questions hope you could give me and probbably some other people some insight.

1. i know this is being done so we can play nativly on other platforms. will this include one with smaller resolutions such as pda's,gp2x and such with resolutions of roughly (or usually) 240x320 this means portable q-gears and more interest of there respective fan bases?

2. also kinda related to question 1, will this be ok to port to xbox if someone offered to? that would bring another big fan base in to help.

3. will the character naming screen stay faithul to the psx one were the keyboard is onscreen? this would kinda help with console ports if they were ever done.

4. will the required spec to run this on be high, or as low as possibe since the psx only had a 33mhz processor and the pc spec is 166mhz.

gigaherz

• View Profile
    • gigaherz's shitty stuff
Re: other platforms
« Reply #1 on: 2006-11-13 00:34:03 »
One of the coders is trying to make it work in a pda, but I think the rest of us jsut want to play ff7 in their favorite os and cpu (I dont' really WANT to play ff7, I just enjoy coding).

I suppose so...

If the psx version has it scripted that way, it will work that way, I suppose.

This will be seen when it's working, but probably depends on the target cpu, gpu and optimizations. They don't plan to make it "improved" xcept in screen resolution, so the requirements shouldn't be much higher than the original ones...

Micky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-11-16 17:09:26 »
I have a very low priority plan of porting to GameCube. Maybe you've seen the stage viewer I made some time ago?
As this will require some tweaking to run off a SD-card I don't plan to do it for the foreseeable future. And I imagine the project will be in too much of a danger if I do it anyway.
What would be amusing would be an N64 version... But that would require quite a lot of pre-processing and tweaking to render scenes with the N64 gpu.

gigaherz

• View Profile
    • gigaherz's shitty stuff
« Reply #3 on: 2006-11-17 01:11:29 »
Yeh, ports to xbox, psp and even dreamcast would be cool to see too, but I don't have any of those consoles so I wouldn't be able to use them.
I have a nds tho, but I think the nds screens are too small if the game had to be single-screen (256x192 or something like that), and using 2 screens vertically would make it too tall (and obviously doing it rotated would be even move annoying), that's if the nds hardware can run it...

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 2006-11-17 01:48:18 »

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-11-17 16:59:31 »
Yeah Fice has been working on that, he seems to be having fun :D

So I wonder if he's using one of those flash cards for data storage... hmmm.

Cyb - paletted textures is an interesting developement.