Author Topic: [PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.54)  (Read 487005 times)

anime

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.49)
« Reply #725 on: 2015-11-10 06:19:45 »
When i try to open up 7 Heaven     it say this                                       System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
   at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 47
   at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)                                    How do i fix this                                                                                                       

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #726 on: 2015-11-10 07:32:23 »
Check out the 3rd question in the FAQ section: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.msg218297#msg218297

What the message says is that you typed in a wrong path in the Settings.

MegaSmash185

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 2015-11-25 07:53:44 »
Hello, I have a problem, i'm getting 2 errors when i try to launch the game, the first is from the converter and says "Unable to locate registry key. Please re-install Final Fantasy VII." The second is from the game and says"Please insert FF7 Game Disc 1, 2, or 3 and try again." Any idea of what i could do? I have the steam version (just got it a few days ago) if that helps.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2015-11-29 03:52:25 »
You need to get the disc mounting if you converted it.

Delian

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2015-12-12 14:13:36 »
Hey!
Is the MEGA link broken? If I want to download the 7thHeaven.zip MEGA tells me that a download is "temporarily" not possible - this "temporarily" is now more than 2 hours  :-\

Is there another source for this file?

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2015-12-12 20:16:11 »
New version 1.50:  https://mega.nz/#!yAl3mBZB!Xx7YcDefzDaC6k6_qj65qcu7YYGfirXNN4J9k8ZDj8A

-Support for mods to have 7H specific plugins
-Fix one or two minor crashes

The main feature is that now the mod can have DLLs included that are either loaded into FF7 or into the 7H. If the DLL is a .NET assembly then it is given an object that lets it load files from the mod (even if they are packed into a IRO). So your plugin can access files that are included in the mod. There is a text file (and a example plugin) included in the download.

Also I added a command line tool to create/process IRO archives, which may help make creating them quicker for mod authors, you could eg. make a batch file to create the archive.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.50)
« Reply #731 on: 2015-12-12 20:48:15 »
Is this somehow useful to pre-set the control?
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16501.0

Nice you are back :)

By the way is it possible to add nexus support?
http://www.nexusmods.com/games/?

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #732 on: 2015-12-13 12:15:54 »
Brilliant, that's just what I needed. I've added 7H plugin support to Ultrasound so it's easier to distribute mods using it (needed some manual setup to get things working, previously.)

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2015-12-13 16:46:10 »
Is this somehow useful to pre-set the control?
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16501.0

It is a start although it does not contain enough information to completely decode the file. What would we use it for, a key configuration screen in 7H?

By the way is it possible to add nexus support?
http://www.nexusmods.com/games/?

??? How would that work? What would 7H do?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2015-12-13 18:40:32 »
What would we use it for, a key configuration screen in 7H?
Yes it would be nice if we could do that. Not a must have, but a nice addition.

How would that work? What would 7H do?

The Nexus has its own modmanger maybe this helps you:
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1327971-start-here-and-faqs/

I would like Nexus support because files are save there, have a fast download speed and because it is a huge moding community it is some kind commercial for FF7 moding. The problem will maybe the need of an account on the Nexus. But it is up to you if you add it or not.

One last thing: the design.
The Custom GL config button isn't needed anymore. The right info column is also useless for the most and could be hided (maybe a setting to hide/unhidden it?).
The arrows to move a mod up and down could be made smaller and placed on top of each other.
I have seen Insight has made a nice UI for Bootleg (until I bombarded it with my concerns...  :-[)
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15391.msg217139#msg217139

Maybe he could help you to give it a more professional look (get me right the tool by itself is very professional).

Overall I would like to have it looks like the menu from FF7.  ::)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 2015-12-16 10:21:34 »
The Nexus support would be amazing, but I can certainly see some issues with mod compatibility.

I like everything about the current built-in subscription catalog to 7H except that hosting on Google Drive and MEGA has been a bit cumbersome. It's not a deal breaker for me, but Nexus servers would allow for an infinite amount of space to host whatever quantity and size of mods. I think download speeds could potentially be faster on average as well.

Welcome back Iros. You sure know how to make people worry with your many-month breaks you take :)

Noctis_Caelum

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2015-12-17 02:59:21 »
hey guys, new to modding ffvii. I saw this message when i tried opening the 7th heaven application - "System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Iros._7th.Workshop._7HPlugin' from assembly '7thWrapperLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary..ctor()
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Program.Main()"

(without quotes of course)

I was following the step by step guide, successfully ran the game converter patch, and when i clicked the program it just gives that "oops" message.. I probably messed something up but if anyone could just spoon feed me I'd really appreciate it. :-\

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 2015-12-17 17:26:06 »
Yes it would be nice if we could do that. Not a must have, but a nice addition.

The Nexus has its own modmanger maybe this helps you:
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1327971-start-here-and-faqs/

It is still not clear to me what their modmanager does. Is it a download tool that downloads mods and installs them? If yes, I'm not sure how this would work with 7H - because 7H needs to do things like manage the mod configuration as well.

If they have an API to allow searching and downloading mods, I could integrate that. But I haven't seen a thing like that.

One last thing: the design.
The Custom GL config button isn't needed anymore. The right info column is also useless for the most and could be hided (maybe a setting to hide/unhidden it?).
The arrows to move a mod up and down could be made smaller and placed on top of each other.
I have seen Insight has made a nice UI for Bootleg (until I bombarded it with my concerns...  :-[)
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15391.msg217139#msg217139

Maybe he could help you to give it a more professional look (get me right the tool by itself is very professional).

Overall I would like to have it looks like the menu from FF7.  ::)

If somebody wants to make a new design, I can look at it and see if it can be made, certainly.

hey guys, new to modding ffvii. I saw this message when i tried opening the 7th heaven application - "System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Iros._7th.Workshop._7HPlugin' from assembly '7thWrapperLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary..ctor()
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Program.Main()"

(without quotes off course)

I was following the step by step guide, successfully ran the game converter patch, and when i clicked the program it just gives that "oops" message.. I probably messed something up but if anyone could just spoon feed me I'd really appreciate it. :-\

Are you sure you have downloaded and unzipped all the files properly? It looks like a file is missing or not the right version?

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 2015-12-18 20:34:41 »
I've been trying to get Satsuki's texture packs to work today and since I did that 7th heaven has stopped working. I get the message "Windows cannot access the specified, device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them." It then deletes the 7th heaven exe, or it dissapears somewhere. So i extract a new 7th heaven exe, same thing happens, then I deleted the 7th heaven folder, made a new 7th heaven folder, extracted into there, same thing happens.

Edit:So I placed Satsuki's textures into the mods folder under a folder named SWY because that's how it does it with his installer. When I moved the SWY folder out of my ff7 folder and onto my desktop I could run 7th heaven but then when I click launch it says please insert ff7 disc 1,2,3. I already have the disc 1 blank iso mounted. Kinda confused.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-18 20:44:24 by olearyf2525 »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 2015-12-18 21:09:12 »
So I decided to re-install from scratch ff7, removed the keys, reinstalled steam, and when I run the converter I'm getting this message "The paramater is incorrect". When I run as administrator I sometimes get this message instead "you may not have the appropriate permissions."

So apparently moving the converter to the desktop allowed me to run it, and everything is working fine including the mods.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-19 05:48:25 by olearyf2525 »

Noctis_Caelum

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 2015-12-19 05:39:22 »
It is still not clear to me what their modmanager does. Is it a download tool that downloads mods and installs them? If yes, I'm not sure how this would work with 7H - because 7H needs to do things like manage the mod configuration as well.

If they have an API to allow searching and downloading mods, I could integrate that. But I haven't seen a thing like that.

If somebody wants to make a new design, I can look at it and see if it can be made, certainly.

Are you sure you have downloaded and unzipped all the files properly? It looks like a file is missing or not the right version?

well i mean, i did what the person in the video did, but i kept getting that error. T-T

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 2015-12-20 13:19:15 »

Since Kaldara asked me, i will reply to this thread as well.

Getting things straight: i did abandon bootleg not because of the concerns of Kaldarasha, but instead of acknowledging 7th heaven as the future mod managing tool and it was going well, so why should i interfere. both approaches (7th and bootleg) had the right to exist, but 7th made its way to the top, so ... ;)

I responded to Kaldarasha that i would be willing to help, if you ( the community ) want(s) my help and want a redesign that suits 7th heaven. I dont have my tools from work, but i can provide with basic free frameworks a decent ui overhaul.

The choice is up to you.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-20 14:39:10 by Insight »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 2015-12-20 13:35:54 »
Getting things straighter: 7th Heaven is the future of FF7 mod management; Bootleg is part of the past ;)

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2015-12-21 17:03:25 »
I responded to Kaldarasha that i would be willing to help, if you ( the community ) want(s) my help and want a redesign that suits 7th heaven. I dont have my tools from work, but i can provide with basic free frameworks a decent ui overhaul.

The choice is up to you.

Sure, I would be interested to see what other designs someone could make. Design is not my strong point so I don't think the current layout is great, it is just what I came up with while writing the code ;)

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 2015-12-21 23:02:06 »
Sure, I would be interested to see what other designs someone could make. Design is not my strong point so I don't think the current layout is great, it is just what I came up with while writing the code ;)

That is just the ordinary case. 7th heaven is working and that is the most important part. I take a look and come back to you.

Btw, you are using Windows forms, right? I am using wpf and mvvm-pattern. Hope it doesnt conflict. Wont use any source files from yours, since i would need to start from scratch anyway (when it comes to UI).

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 2015-12-22 22:45:12 »
Is it possible to devide the kernel also in chunks?
http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Kernel/Kernel.bin

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 2015-12-22 23:27:24 »
Kernel chunks would great, if possible.

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 2015-12-23 10:41:26 »

I created a simple UI with not much functionality (but you can click on everything, its just a suggestion at all). Just take a look, share your ideas.
I made a minimalist approach and similar like the existing 7th heaven client. I'd keep it simple and clean.

https://mega.nz/#!dkEyQbrJ!mE8-LTrV8wCxYlo2lBvAuNnbdEno3evrNh560esYENs -> password is tifa.

You need to have .Net 4.6 btw.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-23 11:21:43 by Insight »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 2015-12-23 10:55:58 »
Insight did a rough draft for a new Tifa's Bootleg UI last year when the project was still alive. He did an amazing job (imo), and I would 100% endorse his work. Iros, you would be in good hands if you choose to work with him :)

@Insight - I typed in tifa for the decryption key but the page refreshes and continues to ask for a key.

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 2015-12-23 11:21:05 »
oh, the password for the zipfile is tifa. didnt know i need a decrypt key for accessing the download. i edit the dl link.

thx for endorsing me :D
and like the last time, its a draft again.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-23 11:22:53 by Insight »