Author Topic: A few random ideas I have  (Read 3340 times)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
A few random ideas I have
« on: 2008-12-26 03:37:19 »
I have a few other mod ideas besides my zack one I recently posted.

-Red XIII replaced with grunt RedXIII from going on shinra ship scene. I think this is possible both on regular scenes and battle. For battle it is basically replacing redXIII with a grunt form and actions. Maybe some edits to limit breaks and the like. Just that the grunt has redXIII tail.

-Crisis Core Music replacement: Sorta goes with my zack mod idea but I just like crisis core music over regular gameplay. I can probably try and do this one and update the board on it.

Fill in the last space for bizzarro sephiroth: I cant believe no one has tried to fix this. You know how you can get three groups to fight bizarro sephiroth and the last group has only two fighters. Need that space to fill in with third fighter. Who to fill it in with is hacked or modded character (reinsert aerith maybe)

-Extra party members: People that can be added to the PHS after certain trigger in the game. These people will be various NPC's with their map and battle forms. They all get basic dialogue for story scenes or they dont show up at all for story scenes (Probably have a default party reset trigger at the start of certain events to stop ff7 from crashing)

More and edits as we go.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: A few random ideas I have
« Reply #1 on: 2008-12-26 06:31:22 »
Grunt Red XIII? That shouldn't be too hard to do on the field, but there are no battle models for him, so you'll have to make those yourself or hope that someone else is willing to make some. i gather that it takes quite a bit of time to make good battle models.

Putting Crisis Core music in the game shouldn't be hard at all; FF7 music can substitue any mp3s you want for the tracks that play in the game. You could make Aqua's "Barbie Girl" play during the Safer Sephiroth fight if you wanted to do so. If you edit the field files, you should be able to customise the music even further. See this thread for some information on my fumbling attempts in this area.

If you have nine party members at the end of the game, I can't see why you couldn't have three parties of three fighting Bizarro; it should just be a matter of field editing with meteor.

Making new playable characters might be harder. Replacing playable characters with others is fairly straightforward if a little time-consuming, but actually adding ones sounds like quite a task. Someone else will certainly know far more than me about this, as my expertise is mainly in the kernel.bin and scene.bin files rather than the more complex things involved in doing this. So, does anyone who (unlike me) knows whereof s/he speaks have any ideas on the feasibility of this?

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-12-26 07:40:10 »
Yeah, I wasnt sure it is possible either. At least not for someone that doesnt have a team and everyone is willing to put in the effort and time. Since FF7 mods are just hobby deals cant depend on people going gung ho at a project like putting together new characters. Not from scratch mind you, I was thinking of taking characters like dyne, palmer, rufus, random soldier or grunt, etc. that have both field and battle models. Dont know what to do with limit breaks but I bet most of anything else should work alright.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-12-26 23:25:37 »
About you Zack project: have you heard of the Zack patch, which is now back online? Perhaps if you ask Scorpicus she might let you use it as the basis for any Zack mod that you might make. I actually don't think you'd have to edit that much dialogue to make a good Zack patch; obviously the stuff about Cloud's past will have to change and the relationship with Aeris will be different, but Zack already has a reason to fight the Shinra and hate Sephiroth and one could change the story to make Hojo's experiments on him have gone differently in order to explain why Sephiroth has such control over him.

NameSpoofer

« Reply #4 on: 2008-12-27 00:11:00 »
don't use scorpicus's zack model, the hair looks really bad and not true to the original, plus that the model is original field model. I suggest you use this zack patch http://www.mediafire.com/?zypgdjldtiz. Its by a guy called Bringhate and its made from the NPC reconstruction patch so the zack model is high res.

to change limit you have to use hex editor to change the AI in kernel.bin3

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-12-27 02:25:59 »
Not true to the original?
Anyways I'll check out both. I have ways of running at least 3 or 4 different ff7 games from off my computer and flash drives. Try out different mods for each one yeah. If I can get both Scorpicus and Bringhate's permission I'll probably rip both patches apart for resources.

Please carry further discussion of my Zack Patch to the Zack thread. I thank you for the information as of far but I think that having one main thread for the Zack patch will help in gathering ideas and such.