Author Topic: [FF7PC] [7H] Enhanced Stock UI (2.0)  (Read 172805 times)

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] [7H] Enhanced Stock UI (1.0)
« Reply #25 on: 2019-11-22 15:42:55 »
Congrats on the release! How would one go about using this with R06? Is it not possible atm? The only thing I wish Reunion still had is the Menu Overhaul.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2019-11-22 15:47:18 »
Right now it cannot be used with R06.  I had no knowledge of the R06 modding framework so as such I couldnt develop for it. For the future I dont know.

Also thanks to both of you for the praises.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 16:11:25 by Chrysalis »

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2019-11-22 16:57:02 »
i TOTALLY LOVE this mod. one question: for 7th heaven i need to use basic ff.exe or the BC one like menu overhaul mod? thanks in advance for reply!

i ask because i did not understand
Use a clean executable
this
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 16:59:47 by Asherdoom »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2019-11-22 17:04:56 »
I will expand on it tomorrow as I am tired now, basically a ff7 exe that's not had custom patches applied to it, so the one generated by the ff7 convertor tool here "step 1". 

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

The mod relies on a lot of hext editing, so a modified exe could cause this to fail.

Use the basic ff7.exe.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2019-11-22 17:09:38 »
I will expand on it tomorrow as I am tired now, basically a ff7 exe that's not had custom patches applied to it, so the one generated by the ff7 convertor tool here "step 1". 

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

The mod relies on a lot of hext editing, so a modified exe could cause this to fail.

Use the basic ff7.exe.
https://imgur.com/efaXlv4

which EXE ya want me to use? XD sorry but i am totally ignorant in computing :D

i got heaven installed with some 7th heaven mods enabled already

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2019-11-22 17:10:46 »
ff7.exe

Asherdoom

• View Profile

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2019-11-22 17:18:44 »
The top one, ff7_bc.exe is not ff7.exe.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2019-11-22 17:21:49 »
The top one, ff7_bc.exe is not ff7.exe.
thanks for reply and sorry for bothering i will use the topmost ff7.ece (the one created by 7th heaven mod,

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2019-11-22 17:23:00 »
no problem, I hope you enjoy the mod.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2019-11-22 20:07:57 »
got a bug to report:

when fight neds i get this screen: the exp bars looks always full /weird/not moving when i click ok button to show exp gain progression. The status in this image of cloud / aeris / red XII remains exactly like this all time

https://imgur.com/hH4wdBD

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2019-11-22 20:14:55 »
Congrats on the release, Chrys! I am a little confused, though, because earlier in the thread, when I asked, you said a modified .exe (such as being changed by White Chocobo or TouphScript) can be used with this mod. But just a few posts up, you said it can't. So which is it? And I still think you might want to provide a non-7H version as well. Not everyone uses 7H, and forcing it to go through there alone cuts off those people who don't use it who might want to try out the mod. The choice should be up to the user to decide how they want to install it.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #37 on: 2019-11-22 21:52:36 »
Congrats on the release, Chrys! I am a little confused, though, because earlier in the thread, when I asked, you said a modified .exe (such as being changed by White Chocobo or TouphScript) can be used with this mod. But just a few posts up, you said it can't. So which is it? And I still think you might want to provide a non-7H version as well. Not everyone uses 7H, and forcing it to go through there alone cuts off those people who don't use it who might want to try out the mod. The choice should be up to the user to decide how they want to install it.
I don't mean to speak for Chrysalis, but the person who created the mod gets to decide what they want to support.  Not you.

My interpretation of what he said was you can change the exe if you want but that doesn't mean you should nor does it mean it is supported.  Give it a whirl, see what happens, but just know you do it at your own discretion and risk of it not working properly or it looking weird.  Many modders are moving away from hacking exes nowadays, which is a good thing.  There are better ways.  With that said, if you're only changing shop data, and the integrity of the rest of the exe is intact, it will probably work fine.

Nobody is forcing you to do/use anything.  The choice you have is what modding platform or method you use.  There is nothing stopping you from applying the assets from this mod into your preferred platform/method if you choose to take the time to do so.  Maybe you could be less demanding and instead suggest ways and offer help on how he can support your setup.

White Chocobo has been long abandoned.  If you're going to cheat in the game, why not just use other methods?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #38 on: 2019-11-22 22:06:21 »

I'm sorry but your wants don't dictate our time and effort to spend. That is acting entitled to something you haven't put any work into yourself. If you want more out of it then open up the modding tools section and get crackin'. Modders are much more inclined to teach others how to mod then to simply bend to everyone's requests.

The reason there isn't a non 7H version is because it's not feasible right now. This is not something you can just request and we whip it up on the spot. If that were the case, then it would have already happened.

This will require only the FF7.exe. The days of using modified exes for certain mods are over.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2019-11-22 23:35:07 »
so I managed to solve my issue with exp bar stucked: After installing the mod via 7th Heaven, close all including 7th heaven. Re open it and put this mod in bottom of the loader. Now to me is working great with no more exp bar bug/glitch/whatever. I leave this reply here hoping to help in troubleshooting section :D

to mod author: this mod is not good, it is GODDAM GOOD! nice work the game looks very neat with those panels. VERY nice job mate,.

on side note: is possible to add this mod to 7E catalog via link?= :D

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2019-11-23 03:02:21 »
I am working on a mod, actually. Have been for a while, just haven't put anything up yet because I wanted to have a sizable portion of it done first, which I'm just about to that point. And I'm sorry for coming across the way I did. I didn't know White Chocobo was deprecated. How are we to make changes to ff7.exe now for text and shops and such? I've been using TouphScript and MakouReactor for dialogues, but they don't edit shops. Are they still viable tools, btw? What tool do we use? And I was only trying to say that it might not be a bad idea to consider multiple release options just as a matter of courtesy and flexibility. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do. I've seen on the boards that not everyone likes or uses 7H. How do you launch the game through it from a shortcut for use through frontends without having the 7H window coming up first? And I'm not arguing, just trying to understand. How is a non-7H version not feasible? And the process for making an IRO seems very involved and complicated, from what I understand, involving XML and hex editing in addition to putting things in the right folders, though that could just be my inexperience at making them and in those things, I'll admit.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-23 03:08:36 by Jairus »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2019-11-23 04:06:40 »
Its as unab0mb said, I will rephrase the first post, you can do what you want in your own ff7 setup, but rather we can only support problems on a standardised executable.  If the patch only adjusts shop prices, it might be ok, but its for you to try and see.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2019-11-23 05:37:15 »
Is it safe to enable other mods that modify the .exe like the Animations mod for example? As long as it's nothing Menu related? Thanks again for the awesome work. I finally got it working in game by itself and it looks fantastic.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2019-11-23 05:52:27 »
yeah those are fine, 60fps fine, always run fine, fmv skip fine.
All field/world/model textures fine.

However if reporting battle issues I prefer 60fps disabled prior to submitting report.

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2019-11-23 07:07:02 »
Its as unab0mb said, I will rephrase the first post, you can do what you want in your own ff7 setup, but rather we can only support problems on a standardised executable.  If the patch only adjusts shop prices, it might be ok, but its for you to try and see.

I guess I can understand that. I also made text changes to ff7.exe in addition to adjusting some shops for my mod, which also uses a modified version of the MO (to implement Xbox and PS buttons), so I'm not sure if those would be affected as well if I were to try swapping out MO with this. I guess what I'm trying to understand is, if we can't modify the game's files anymore (to avoid overwriting the originals), how do we make mods? How do we save our changes as we go along while making said mods?

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2019-11-23 07:35:04 »
The buttons would be affected.  But you can redo that modification the same way as you did on the old MO.

You can patch the game using hext patches.  Its a way of patching the game code without overwriting the actual executable.

If there is no guide for doing this on qhimm, I will see if one can be posted.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-23 07:38:38 by Chrysalis »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2019-11-23 07:48:44 »
@Jairus 7H mods can be pretty simple. Usually it's enough to have the files in there folders. With the XML you can make more elegant and complex mods, and hext patches are only needed if you plan to edit ff7.exe.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-23 08:32:24 by Kaldarasha »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: 2019-11-23 09:05:12 »
Is it safe to enable other mods that modify the .exe like the Animations mod for example? As long as it's nothing Menu related? Thanks again for the awesome work. I finally got it working in game by itself and it looks fantastic.

It's safe to enable any mods that don't alter the same hex values as in this mod. Pretty much anything not related to the menu should be fine (TM).

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2019-11-23 12:26:39 »
problem came back again. exp bars are going all aroud the world: any one can hel me fix this?

https://imgur.com/a6tJYgh

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2019-11-23 15:22:21 »
bump. any help :D