Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 845048 times)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.41c)
« Reply #1700 on: 2020-04-21 18:53:42 »
Ah, indeed, sorry ^^"

The Moguri mod changes that part of the DLL a lot, yes.
So, you need to modify the Assembly-CSharp.dll that is used by the game, which should be Moguri's DLL. But then, you also need to change C# code that is externalized inside simple text files.
The content of the class "btl_calc" in Memoria is splitted at two places:

(1) Pretty much all the methods except "CalcMain" were transported to the following classes that you can access using dnSpy: "Memoria.BattleCalculator" (ie. "BattleCalculator" inside the folder "Memoria"), "Memoria.BattleUnit", "Memoria.BattleTarget" and "Memoria.BattleEnemy". They have different names and are reorganized, but they serve the same purposes (for instance, the method "Memoria.BattleCalculator.WeaponPhisicalParams" (sic) in Moguri's DLL is similar to "btl_calc.SetupBaseAttack8" in the "Source_BtlCalc.cs" that I provided).

(2) What should have most interest for you: the main method, "CalcMain", that contains the bone structure of spell effects, is written in the .cs files that are inside the folder "StreamingAssets\Scripts\Sources\Battle". The names of the files start with the same numbers as the "case" number inside the "Source_BtlCalc.cs" that I provided (for instance, the "case 9: // Magic Attack" is in the file "0009_MagicAttackScript.cs"; Albeoris and I didn't always use the same names but it shouldn't be to hard to go from one to the other).

For these other files, you don't need dnSpy a priori. Albeoris made it so you can simply change the scripts using a text editor but it comes with costs...
- It's not obvious of what methods you can use in these text files. If it's not something too complicated, you can copy/paste things from different scripts to get what you want. For a complete list of methods, you have to check the methods in (1) using dnSpy though.
- Editing the script files is not enough: you need to compile them afterwards in order to generate a "Memoria.Scripts.dll". That can be done, hopefully with no error, by running the program "Memoria.Compiler.exe" that is found inside "StreamingAssets\Scripts\Compiler". Running that program either generate a "Memoria.Scripts.dll" or display errors.
- Now, with the Moguri mod, there's a new layer of difficulty: you see, the program "Memoria.Compiler.exe" will read the scripts that are inside the folder "..\Sources\Battle" relative to the compiler's path and also need the DLLs from the folder "..\..\..\x64\FF9_Data\Managed" relative to the compiler's path. That means that you need to do the changes on "Assembly-CSharp.dll" before running the Memoria compiler in order to have compatible DLLs, change the script text files and run the Memoria compiler that are inside the game's folder. But once this is done and you have a proper "Memoria.Scripts.dll", you need to move that DLL to the Moguri's folder where there are a lot of duplicates and where the game modded by the Moguri mod go fetch the files inside a "StreamingAssets" subfolder.

This last difficulty, I think, comes from the fact that Albeoris did something quite obscure for making battle scripts more easily moddable when he did his tool "Memoria". But then, Ze_PilOt used the tool "Memoria" to do his Moguri mod and didn't get what that "Memoria.Scripts.dll" was and thus his mod duplicates it and moves it to another folder without realising that it doesn't fit Albeoris's way of doing things.

Congrats if you've read and understood this far!
I guess that HW is not such a difficult tool to use, right? :p

EDIT: One last things. Albeoris also added a "Spell rate" feature: apart from the method "Perform" that you can find in the battle scripts, you sometimes have a method "RateTarget" that returns a Single (number) and is added when the class derivates from "IEstimateBattleScript". This method is meant to somehow measure the usefulness of an ability in a given situation. I am not sure if that feature is working (maybe it is used when the player turns Auto-battle on?) though, and you can ignore it if you don't care.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 19:07:50 by Tirlititi »

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: 2020-04-21 20:41:59 »
Hi, I tried different versions of Hades 34-41s, none of them could open the psx image, I don’t know the original ones, but I definitely don’t open the Russian images
writes: cant scan as ff9 binary file.

also some hope and wait for the export of text scripts in memoria, I hope I live to see this day
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 20:43:51 by shikulja »

DV

• View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: 2020-04-22 17:19:23 »
Thanks for his explanations Tirlititi ! Trying to understand everything you tell me ahah

(2) What should have most interest for you: the main method, "CalcMain", that contains the bone structure of spell effects, is written in the .cs files that are inside the folder "StreamingAssets\Scripts\Sources\Battle". The names of the files start with the same numbers as the "case" number inside the "Source_BtlCalc.cs" that I provided (for instance, the "case 9: // Magic Attack" is in the file "0009_MagicAttackScript.cs"; Albeoris and I didn't always use the same names but it shouldn't be to hard to go from one to the other).

Oooohh.... ok !  :o Why didn't i see that before lol

Congrats if you've read and understood this far!
I guess that HW is not such a difficult tool to use, right? :p

HW is a pretty cool software, i respect you (and others modders) to make this kind of tools !
Very easy to edit spells, skills, items and of course... ennemies and IA ! (Didn't test yet model import or background, i will see that later but i success to change content and location of somes hidden chests ^^)

Vive la France !  :-D

For these other files, you don't need dnSpy a priori. Albeoris made it so you can simply change the scripts using a text editor but it comes with costs...

Maybe i will try to make a hard mod for FFIX (because... why not ^^ it's my favourite FF), that's why i need to access all code on the game. That's will be a long project so i am patient !

I finally create my first edit for Vivi's focus : he lost some HPs to earn some MPs... yeah it's nothing but that's was my first step :D

Spoiler: show
Code: [Select]
using System;

namespace Memoria.Scripts.Battle
{
// Token: 0x0200002D RID: 45
[BattleScript(44)]
public sealed class FocusScript : IBattleScript
{
// Token: 0x0600005C RID: 92 RVA: 0x000023E0 File Offset: 0x000005E0
public FocusScript(BattleCalculator v)
{
this._v = v;
}

// Token: 0x0600005D RID: 93 RVA: 0x00004384 File Offset: 0x00002584
public void Perform()
{
this._v.Target.Flags |= (CalcFlag.HpAlteration | CalcFlag.MpAlteration | CalcFlag.MpRecovery);
short num = (short)(this._v.Target.MaximumHp >> 3);
this._v.Target.HpDamage = num;
this._v.Target.MpDamage = num;
}

// Token: 0x04000051 RID: 81
public const int Id = 44;

// Token: 0x04000052 RID: 82
private readonly BattleCalculator _v;
}
}

However... i have MORE questions !

Tirlititi :

- It's a mess to search something on .ddl : for example, i want to edit Vanish status. How did you search function of this status on DnSpy ? It's seem the software can't search string  :-\
I search on btl_stat or btl_cmd but can't find (or i search on wrong files)

EDIT : Maybe i got something. I found theses lines on BattleTarget +  SBattleCalculator on Memoria folder

public void PenaltyBanishHitRate() // i don't understand why Banish, maybe Vanish instead ?
{
if (base.IsUnderStatus(BattleStatus.Vanish))
{
this._context.HitRate = 0;
}

if ((v.Command.Data.aa.Category & 8) != 0) // if attack is not magical ?
{
v.Target.RemoveStatus(BattleStatus.Confuse);
v.Target.RemoveStatus(BattleStatus.Sleep);
}
if ((v.Command.Data.aa.Category & 16) != 0)  // if attack is not physical ?
{
v.Target.RemoveStatus(BattleStatus.Vanish);
}

- It's possible to remove paralysis status on Venom ? I remove Venom from SetCounter & SetEnemyCommandBySequenc but that's not enough it seem ^^

EDIT : I think i found it... on btlseq (folder {-} on assembly) but big pain to edit that, so much error CS0266

public const BattleStatus ANIM_STOP_STATUS = BattleStatus.Venom | BattleStatus.Stop | BattleStatus.Freeze;
- On HW, i see somes unused effect : i want to make a special effect for Freya's Reis's Wind.
If i create a new script on Memoria.Scripts.dll with an ID which is unused on HW, that's will work ?

EDIT : Yes you can ! ;D But i found another issue....  :'( Try to apply White Wind effect on Flee for example : that's apply only on first character... wut ?
EDIT 2 : Ok seems that Flee is special, i can add White Wind effect on Vivi's Fire => Works perfectly but impossible with Flee (test with Chakra too)

I have more questions but that's will be enough for the moment ahah, i will continue to understand theses .dll files.

PS : I will EDIT my questions if i found it.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 06:40:05 by DV »

DV

• View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: 2020-04-25 06:22:35 »
I found a bug : when you editing Garnet animation resources (from Prison Cage or if you add her on another battle), HW load few seconds and close.

EDIT : Another question (again !  :evil:), any way to delete file added on assets with UAV ?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-01 17:35:02 by DV »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: 2020-05-01 20:03:36 »
So, sorry for the late answers.

PenaltyBanishHitRate
Indeed, there are a few "typos". There are a lot of mistakes like that in the Memoria's battle CS files but also in the normal source code sometimes. It indeed concerns Vanish there.

The "Command.Data.aa.Category" corresponds to the following flags in HW:
v.Command.Data.aa.Category & 1 -> "Reflectable"
v.Command.Data.aa.Category & 2 -> "Silence"
v.Command.Data.aa.Category & 4 -> "No M-Sword"
v.Command.Data.aa.Category & 8 -> "Is Physical"
v.Command.Data.aa.Category & 16 -> "Is Magical"
v.Command.Data.aa.Category & 32 -> "Short"
v.Command.Data.aa.Category & 64 -> "Hit Anim Off"
v.Command.Data.aa.Category & 128 -> "Returnable"
Flags are checked like that (it was the standard thing at the time). They use bitwise operators like "&" or "|" to manipulate flags and powers of 2 for the different flags.

In order to remove paralysis on Venom, you indeed have to do a lot of modifications. I think that these would be enough:
- In btlseq, you don't need to change the field "ANIM_STOP_STATUS" because it's not used anywhere in fact (you can check that by right-clicking on it -> Analyze -> Read By -> it gives nothing). You need to change the methods "SeqExecEnd" and "SeqExecWaitAnim" though: in both cases, remove the "BattleStatus.Venom" in the first part of the comparison (the second part is ~(... all the statuses...) which corresponds to "0" but it's not decompiled nicely with the BattleStatus type).
- In Memoria.Data.BattleStatus, remove the Venom flag from different status lists at the end:
NoInput = 1107434753u,
CmdCancel = 134401u,
Immobilized = 33558529u,
FrozenAnimation = 1107300353u,
NoMagic = 318905609u,
CannotEscape = 1107431745u,
CannotTrance = 33575233u,
BattleEnd = 4353u,
NoReaction = 1107300609u,
- In the class btl_cmd, remove Venom from the disabling list in the methods "SetCounter" and "SetEnemyCommand[BySequence]".
- In FF9.btl_abil.FindStrongestDefender, remove Venom in the list (for characters who can't cover),
- In FF9.btl_sys.CheckBattlePhase, remove Venom from the list that triggers Game Overs (more specifically for the proc of Phoenix).
... and I think that's all. Not the easiest thing to do.

Flee is actually not a multi-target spell animation, but single-target. If you go in HW's panel "Environment -> Spell Animations -> Flee-Skill -> Edit Spell Sequencing", you can see that the damage point and effect point only apply to the 1st target. Change that to apply to all the targets and you'll be able to use a multi-target White Wind with that (I am not 100% sure of the effect on fleeing though; it might bug to trigger fleeing several time simultaneously but I don't think so).

No, you can't delete files added using UAV and actually... you shouldn't add files either as it bugs and somehow I was never able to make it so new files can be used by the game (it just doesn't find them).
Replacing existing files is okay. Sounds and images are converted back and forth to standard file formats (the raw files couldn't be opened with pretty much all the sound/image readers). 3D models and their animations can be exported to correct FBX files (you need to export the "GameObject" that corresponds to the model, not the "Mesh" entry that usually has the same name and you need to export the textures separatly; sometimes they are not refered automatically correctly in the exported FBX). However, you can barely replace 3D models as it would usually consist of creating new files that the game wouldn't recognize... Using custom 3D models would better be done by reading them out of any archive inside the DLL (last time I've checked, though, I didn't find C# methods for importing FBX models... maybe big libraries like UnityEditor.dll would be required for that).

Thank you for the bug report. Maybe her model's resources are not referenced correctly in HW.

DV

• View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: 2020-05-02 04:50:35 »
So, sorry for the late answers.

Np, was discovering HW waiting yours answers :)

About Vanish & Venom, thank you for his details !
At this moment on my project, to early to use Vanish/Venom so i will see later :) I take note !

Flee is actually not a multi-target spell animation, but single-target. If you go in HW's panel "Environment -> Spell Animations -> Flee-Skill -> Edit Spell Sequencing", you can see that the damage point and effect point only apply to the 1st target. Change that to apply to all the targets and you'll be able to use a multi-target White Wind with that (I am not 100% sure of the effect on fleeing though; it might bug to trigger fleeing several time simultaneously but I don't think so).

Ooooohh.. ok ! I understand why some ennemy animations can't be cast Multiple (for example : Rainbow Storm to make an Aero spell, only works on single target)
That's interesting... maybe i will check inside this "Spell Sequencing" but i am afraid to break some ennemy attack lol

No, you can't delete files added using UAV and actually... you shouldn't add files either as it bugs and somehow I was never able to make it so new files can be used by the game (it just doesn't find them).
Replacing existing files is okay. Sounds and images are converted back and forth to standard file formats (the raw files couldn't be opened with pretty much all the sound/image readers). 3D models and their animations can be exported to correct FBX files (you need to export the "GameObject" that corresponds to the model, not the "Mesh" entry that usually has the same name and you need to export the textures separatly; sometimes they are not refered automatically correctly in the exported FBX). However, you can barely replace 3D models as it would usually consist of creating new files that the game wouldn't recognize... Using custom 3D models would better be done by reading them out of any archive inside the DLL (last time I've checked, though, I didn't find C# methods for importing FBX models... maybe big libraries like UnityEditor.dll would be required for that).

It's very sad that you can't add music on the game... it seem simple but too bad if game didn't understand.
I try to search on .dll files about how game find BGM during battle : what a mess ! :-o
I tried to invert ID Music without using btlencountbgmmetadata.txt or wldbtlencountbgmmetadata.txt but didn't find the right files.... I found an ID Music List on "FF9DBall" : nothing happen when i invert some music... Same thing on "AudioResources".

I want to understand how that's works !!  :P

Besides, how can we read "AssetBundle" on p0Data61 ? I am interesting to see what there is inside (i think i got some idea but i am too curious  ;D)

Thank you again for yours precisions Tirlititi.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: 2020-05-02 08:15:07 »
Enemy attacks are indeed determined to be multi-target/single-target by several things: the spell animation, the target type/amount (but that one is mainly used to determine whether "Cover" should trigger or not, so it's not very important) and the SV_Target inside its IA. It is perfectly safe to use as a single-target a spell animation that can be multi-target though (the other way around requires changing the spell sequencing and even then, the effect itself will usually be displayed on a single target despite affecting all of them; Flee-Skill is a special case in that regard).

Memoria adds a way to import new sounds through the class Memoria.SoundImporter. It requires the sound to be in .ogg format and I guess that you need to setup a "SoundProfile" yourself (setup an unused soundID and the proper SoundProfileType, etc). It must be possible and easier than importing a new 3D model in any case, but don't try to add it inside the archive, only in a sub-folder of the game (or Moguri mod's folder if it's inside "StreamingAssets").

Musics played in battles are indeed in these .txt files. They consist of a list of field IDs (or World Map IDs) and for each of them, a list of battle IDs encountered in these fields and the music linked to it. If the battle is not present, then the music is uninterrupted.
For my mod, I simply didn't change these files but I've put a line "Play Music" in the field scripts right before triggering some boss battles (something like "RunSoundCode( MusicID )" although I don't remember which "RunSoundCode" alternative should be used). That solution doesn't work with random encounters though.

"AssetBundle" is pretty much the first file that the UAV seeks in an archive: it contains the full paths of some files and IDs and things like that. I don't think that any program can read such a file and display it in a proper way; it's like a part of the archive's header informations.
You can open it with an hexadecimal editor though. Its structure can be found there (in the method "UnityArchiveAssetBundle::Load").

DV

• View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: 2020-05-02 17:11:39 »
Memoria adds a way to import new sounds through the class Memoria.SoundImporter. It requires the sound to be in .ogg format and I guess that you need to setup a "SoundProfile" yourself (setup an unused soundID and the proper SoundProfileType, etc). It must be possible and easier than importing a new 3D model in any case, but don't try to add it inside the archive, only in a sub-folder of the game (or Moguri mod's folder if it's inside "StreamingAssets").

... I just forget export/import option on Memoria.ini  ;D

But, how convinient, Memoria can export all folders EXCEPT... Music...

On Memoria.log, no AudioResourceExporter called... wut

02.05.2020 06:42:17 |M| [TextResourceExporter] Pass through {Configuration.Export.Text = 0}.
02.05.2020 06:42:17 |M| [GraphicResourceExporter] Pass through {Configuration.Export.Graphics = 0}.
02.05.2020 06:42:17 |M| [FieldSceneExporter] Pass through {Configuration.Export.Field = 0}.
02.05.2020 06:42:17 |M| [BattleSceneExporter] Pass through {Configuration.Export.Battle = 0}.
02.05.2020 06:42:17 |M| [ResourceExporter] Application will now quit. Please disable Configuration.Export.Enabled and restart the game.
02.05.2020 06:42:17 |M| [ResourceImporter] Pass through {Configuration.Import.Enabled = 0}.
02.05.2020 06:42:17 |M| [GameLoopManager] RaiseQuitEvent

Maybe i will try later with an another fresh Memoria instance.

EDIT : I can import music with Memoria but export didn't work.... idk why. I will continue my test with import but i see Memoria create a similar file with .ogg file but i can't read this (no extension and have same name)

EDIT2 : With a HEX editor, i see it's an .akb file but there is a way to read the AKB Header ? I know the size is 304 bytes but there is a way to read this header clearly or extract his informations ?
(Thanks for this answer btw ^^)

EDIT3 : I make some test how we create LoopStart and LoopEnd on .ogg files with Audacity... check !  8-)
I think i finally "decrypt" this akb head with AKB2Header on Memoria.Prime.dll : I didn't find what I was looking for but i learn something.

Spoiler: "Here is an image about AKB Header details • show

I don't know why some values are null but works perfectly with .akb files from UAV !

Red for constant or optional.

Musics played in battles are indeed in these .txt files. They consist of a list of field IDs (or World Map IDs) and for each of them, a list of battle IDs encountered in these fields and the music linked to it. If the battle is not present, then the music is uninterrupted.
For my mod, I simply didn't change these files but I've put a line "Play Music" in the field scripts right before triggering some boss battles (something like "RunSoundCode( MusicID )" although I don't remember which "RunSoundCode" alternative should be used). That solution doesn't work with random encounters though.

I already figure that with theses explications you provided : List of Music ID & Changing the battle music of specific battles (Steam).
I read a lot of informations provided on first page, very usefull for beginner like me ^^ (specially IA, content chest, status and so many things !)

But the point is, i didn't figure how the game correlate "this List of ID Music" on p0data61.

For example, you provide us Dark Messenger's ID is 134. In my research, i found theses lines on FF9DBAll :

// Token: 0x04001E7E RID: 7806
public const int SNG_MUSIC095 = 131;

// Token: 0x04001E7F RID: 7807
public const int SNG_MUSIC096 = 132;

// Token: 0x04001E80 RID: 7808
public const int SNG_MUSIC097 = 133;

// Token: 0x04001E81 RID: 7809
public const int SNG_MUSIC098 = 134;

// Token: 0x04001E82 RID: 7810
public const int SNG_MUSIC099 = 135;

// Token: 0x04001E83 RID: 7811
public const int SNG_MUSIC100 = 64;

// Token: 0x04001E84 RID: 7812
public const int SNG_MUSIC101 = 71;

// Token: 0x04001E85 RID: 7813
public const int SNG_MUSIC102 = 77;

SNG_MUSIC098 = 134 (Dark Messenger). And MUSIC098 on p0data91 for Dark Messenger is number 98.

But nothing happen if i change this value... so with your previous answer, i suppose Memoria ignore this file and make this own method (this file seem useless because nothing use it)
But still : if i change 0 to 134 value on a field battle, how the game know 134 = Dark Messenger ?

EDIT : I try to use an unknown ID Music (exemple : 149) on btlencountbgmmetadata.txt and i get theses logs on Memoria.log .

03.05.2020 09:02:01 |W| [SoundLib] Music Id: 149 has Exception: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
03.05.2020 09:02:01 |W|   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,System.String].get_Item (Int32 key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
03.05.2020 09:02:01 |W|   at SoundMetaData.GetSoundProfile (Int32 soundIndex, SoundProfileType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
03.05.2020 09:02:01 |W|   at AllSoundDispatchPlayer.CreateSoundProfileIfNotExist (Int32 soundIndex, SoundProfileType type, .OnCreateFinish onFinishDelegate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
03.05.2020 09:02:01 |W|   at AllSoundDispatchPlayer.FF9SOUND_SONG_PLAY (Int32 ObjNo, Int32 vol) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
03.05.2020 09:02:01 |W|   at FF9Snd.FF9AllSoundDispatch (Int32 ParmType, Int32 ObjNo, Int32 Arg1, Int32 Arg2, Int32 Arg3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

However, i didn't know what is this "Dictionary" : i suppose that's call kind of DB from SoundProfile but i have no idea where to find/consult that or i didn't understand this part... (i just begun C# since few days xD)

Final edit : Ok... i think i found how to add new OST with Memoria :D (without replacing the existing ones)

I will make more explanations after my little nap but i finally found the file which read IDs Music, it's located on resources.assets (viewed with Unity Assets Viewer) => embeddedasset/manifest/sounds/musicmetadata.txt.

Spoiler: show
{
  "data": [
    {
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music000",
      "soundIndex": "5",
      "type": "Music"
    },
    {
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music001",
      "soundIndex": "6",
    },
    {
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music002",
      "soundIndex": "3",
    },
    {
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music003",
      "soundIndex": "4",
    },
    {
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music004",
      "soundIndex": "1",
    },
    {
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music005",
      "soundIndex": "2",
    },
    {
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music006",
      "soundIndex": "0",
    },
    {
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music007",
      "soundIndex": "10",
    },
etc....

On this file, you can add new OST for the game, i just test quickly : seem to work !

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear...  :-\ and thanks again for your quick answer  :)
Sorry for that slightly confusing post  ;D
« Last Edit: 2020-05-03 08:34:19 by DV »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: 2020-05-03 13:35:58 »
You keep getting the answers to your own questions, congrats! :)

Indeed, since the port to Android/PC kept many parts of the old engine, they had to keep many numerical IDs used in the PSX version and add translations with other - new - IDs. So there's quite a lot of IDs in the end. Many of these IDs can be found in DLL's "FF9DBAll" or "FF9BattleDB", but also in these meta-data files in the "resources.assets" archive.
A dictionary is a C# standard structure that links a "key" to a "value". You can find many of them in "FF9DBAll" and it allows to use lines like "if (model_dictionary["GEO_MAIN_B0_000"] == 568) ...".
In HW's source code, you can find many of these useful databases in the files "Database_XXX.h" (this one for instance).

Adho

• View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: 2020-05-05 13:33:58 »
You need to use the Unity Assets Viewer for that.
Open the resources.assets archive, search for the file "BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt", export it, modify it and then re-import it.
Inside that file, there's a list of field IDs (so the Queen's Chamber in which you fight Beatrix is 1223) and for each field, a list of battles that can trigger in that field with the music ID of the battle ran. If a battle is missing there, the ambiant music doesn't stop when entering a battle.

So just find the field (1223), the battle (73) and put the correct music ID for it (117, "The Wavering Blade").

Here's a list of music IDs. I don't think that you can actually see it in Hades Workshop (only in the UAV when you open the music archive p0data62).
34: Zidane's Theme
70: Unrequited Love
9: Vivi's Theme
82: Black Mage Village
76: Fleeting Life
10: Steiner's Theme
62: Steiner's Delusion
29: Garnet's Theme
113: Melodies of Life
69: Over the Hill
77: Awaking Song // A Song from Her Memory, probably sung in Dali
115: Zidane and Dagger's Song
106: A Song from Her Memory
59: Distant Memory
124: Light of Destiny
32: Freya's Theme
68: Burmecia
50: Unforgettable Silhouette
15: Quina's Theme
88: Eiko's Theme
139: Girl of Madain Sari
2: Amarant's Theme
116: Roses of May
117: The Wavering Blade
125: Protecting My Devotion
30: The Evil Within
53: Court Jesters
133: Cid's Theme
118: Master of Time
84: Pandemonium
95: Kuja's Theme
96: Desert Palace // Kuja's Theme, played during the exploration of the Desert Palace
97: Devil's Ambition
98: Bahamut is Summoned
94: Wicked Melody
134: Dark Messenger
73: Moogle's Theme
4: Danger in the Forest
60: Ice Cavern
3: Village of Dali
67: Beyond the Twilight
74: Lindblum
49: Out of the Frying Pan
57: Qu's Marsh
108: South Gate
85: Dark City Treno
92: Cleyra's Trunk
80: Cleyra Settlement
91: Gargan Roo
79: Fossil Roo
90: Conde Petie
99: Before the Altar
130: Ruins of Madain Sari
81: Eidolon Wall
109: Iifa, the Ancient Tree of Life
112: Aboard the Hilda Garde
144: Esto Gaza
110: Mount Gulug
129: Daguerreo, the Hermit's Library
87: Bran Bal, the Soulless Village
132: Memoria
121: Crystal World
24: Aloha De Chocobo
100: Ukulele de Chocobo
22: Vamo Alla Flamenco
58: A Place to Call Home
36: Oeilvert
105: Chamber of a Thousand Faces
103: Ipsen's Castle
101: The Four Mirrors
131: Terra
44: Outlaws
138: Peaceful City // Outlaws, when controlling Vivi early disc 3
18: Swords of Fury
27: Find the Princess
20: Eye to Eye
17: The Fateful Hour
33: Thy Warmth
25: Tragic Love
143: Star-Crossed Lovers
41: Kiss of Betrayal
145: I Want to be Your Canary
142: Inseparable Hearts
65: Prima Vista Orchestra
75: Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony
12: The Meeting
140: The Black Waltz
83: Eternal Harvest
7: The Extraction
141: Foolproof Love Letter Scheme
86: Look Back, See the Frog!
146: Broken Spell, Healed Hearts
72: Guardians
48: You're Not Alone
147: Assault of the Silver Dragons
1: Unforgettable Sorrow
89: Mourning in the Sky
45: Another Nightmare
52: RUN!
111: Hunter's Chance
66: Tetra Master
0: Battle
35: Boss Battle
61: Faerie Battle
71: Final Battle
5: Victory Fanfare
6: Game Over
156: Prelude
148: Doga and Une

Hi Tirlititi and other members!

Beatrix Alexandria Battle was one of the fights that I wanted to change the music for. 
I would also like to change six others:
- in the fight against the guardian of the earth, I'd like it to be the guardians' music that keeps playing.
- when fighting the Nova Dragon , I'd like it to be Assault of the Silver Dragons that keeps playing.
- the four guardians in memoria, once again I would like the Assault of the Silver Dragons to be launched instead of the classic boss theme.
I understood that each location had its own ID and each fight in a location had its own ID. So I have to find the ID of the place (temple of the earth for the first one, memoria for the second one) and then the ID of the fight in question (a priori there is only one for the temple of the earth but several for memoria) to replace the ID of the music (35 -> 72 for the guardian of the earth, and 35 -> 147 for the Nova Dragon and the 4 guardians).

But Idk how to find the IDs of the locations and the fights.

In fact I even wonder: for the 3rd fight against Beatrix, I managed to change the music following your instructions but first I wanted to search by myself in the "BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt" looking where the "117" of Beatrix's theme appeared. I thought I could find the ID of the fight against Beatrix in Bluemecia and Clayria, and thus find the ID of Alexandria (if the "fight against Beatrix" IDs were the same from one area to another). And in fact, the ID "117" of her theme didn't appear anywhere. I think it's simply because in the first two encounters with Beatrix, the music was already playing before the fight started.

If my reasoning is right, if I replace the "35" with "72" and "147" in the fights that I'm interested in, the music will start playing again from the beginning when the fights start and it won't be great. So how do I fix that? For the 4 guardians in memoria, it's no problem to replace "35" by "147" because the music begin at the same time of the battle, but for the two others (earth temple and nova dragon) Idk how to prevent the music playing from the beginning (if my idea is correct about how "BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt" works)...

Finally, one last question, for the 6 fights, I would like that the victory music does not start at the end of the fight and that the music of the fight continues until the end of the table of gains of experience, objects, etc.. Checking the "Don't Stop Music" box for each fight will allow this, right?

I hope I made myself clear ^^'?
Anyway, ty for your amazing works and ty in advance for your response !
If other people have the answer to my questions, thank you as well, of course!
« Last Edit: 2020-05-05 13:39:28 by Adho »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: 2020-05-05 20:00:44 »
Hello Adho,
You can see the IDs of the fields in HW by checking "Option -> Show field IDs". Then, fields are listed with their IDs in the panel "Environment -> Fields".
Indeed, the Beatrix theme starts before the battle for her encounters in Burmecia and Cleyra, thus nothing is listed in the "BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt" in order to not interrupt her theme. For her 3rd battle though, it's the usual boss battle that is played, which is why you couldn't find any instance of the music "117" in the .txt file.
Unfortunatly, I don't think that it is possible (without modifying the engine) to disable the victory fanfare and still have the post-battle rewards. I think that both options are tightly linked in the engine but the best is to run tests to check that.

Hope that helps.

Adho

• View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: 2020-05-06 10:34:06 »
Hi Tirlititi,

Ty for your answer ! Ok for the IDs, I turn the option ON for both fields ans ennemies so I've found where to change the music ID in the "BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt" :

Earth Guardian :
   "2553": {
    "2": "35"
  },

Nova Dragon :
  "2756": {
    "931": "147"
  },

Maliris:
  "2904": {
    "932": "147"
  },

Tiamat:
  "2908": {
    "933": "147"
  },

Kraken:
  "2915": {
    "934": "147"
  },

Lich:
  "2919": {
    "935": "147"
  },

But I have 2 problems :

1 - As expected, in the case of the Earth Guardian and the Nova Dragon, the music starts again from the beginning. So in game, here's what's going on: the music plays and the events run smoothly, the music stops as the fight starts, the music starts again from the beginning and the fight begins.
Now, I'm trying to figure out how to make sure the music isn't interrupted when the fight starts (like it happens during the hunting in Lindblum, against Beatrix during the first two fights, against the Silver Dragon at Pandemonium, etc.) and stop when the fight is over.

2 - I've tried to remove the fanfare song for these battles by checking both "Disable Rewards" and "No Victory Animations", but in these case, Idk why but the battle never end : the boss dies, the black screen appears, but the music continues and the black screen never leaves... 

Concerning the fanfare music, I thought it was possible to remove it because at the beginning of the game, after defeating the first boss, the Spider Plants don't play fanfare music but still bring back rewards.
But one problem at a time, for now I just wish that the launch of the battles against the Earth Guardian and the Nova Dragon wouldn't make the music start all over again, and that the removal of the rewards wouldn't softlock the game. So if you have any idea/advice, I'd be very grateful.

Ty again for your answer, and ty in advance for the future help :)

Adho

• View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: 2020-05-06 11:22:32 »
I tried something out of simple curiosity: I deleted the line corresponding to the fight against the Nova Dragon thinking that if the game didn't launch a new instruction for the music, it wouldn't stop. So I have this:
  "2754": {},
  "2755": {},
  "2756": {},
  "2800": {},
  "2801": {},
  "2802": {},

Instead of this:
  "2754": {},
  "2755": {},
  "2756": {
    "931": "147"
  },
  "2800": {},
  "2801": {},
  "2802": {},

And I've tried with the "Don't Stop Music" box checked or not. In both cases, the fight begins correctfully but there is no music at all :'( I thought I was on the right track but in my opinion the solution can be found elsewhere than in the "BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt" file. Or rather both in "BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt" and in another script file.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: 2020-05-06 14:48:44 »
1) As said, you must remove the entry in the .txt if you don't want the music to change when entering the battle.
Earth Guardian:
   "2553": {},
I guess that the music stops for Nova Dragon because there is a script at the end of the cinematic to stop the music.

2) Indeed, you can decide not to stop the music after the battle and still have rewards. I forgot that the "You're not alone" sequence does that. Simply check the options "No Victory Animations" and "Don't Stop Music". Do not check the "Disable Rewards" option if you want the fight to give exp or AP or gil or items... besides, as it says when you hover your mouse over that option, it would require slightly changing the "Main_Init" function.

Adho

• View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: 2020-05-06 17:37:22 »
Hi Tirlititi,

1 - I've tried for the Earth Guardian too but the result is the same as for the Nova Dragon: if I remove the combat and music IDs, there is no music during the fight. It has to be scripted like for the Nova Dragon. Well, at worst it's not that bad :)

2 - Ooooh OK ! I thought that "Don't Stop Music" acted quite differently: In fact I thought that, in a given environment, the background music was stopped when a fight started and started again after the end of the fight. And I thought that this "Don't Stop Music" option just allowed to resume the background music as if it had continued to play (but mute) during the fight. So ok for this point, with "Don't Stop Music" and "No Victory Animation", the fight music continues until the end of the rewards. Thank you very much!

Ty for your answer !

Weisshuf

• View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: 2020-05-08 19:54:34 »
So I saw that you pinned the "status immunity" post on the first page, but i only saw that you could replace something. I, for example, would change body temp that it includes Berserk immunity, but I cant for the love of god understand how

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: 2020-05-08 22:12:39 »
@Adho: I don't know then :/
There must be a flag or something for not stoping the music at the start of battles... or maybe they happen only with a few specially handled fights.

@Weisshuf: The best is to use dnSpy there instead of the CIL code. It makes things much easier to understand and change.
dnSpy is a tool that can open some DLLs. In particular, for doing what you want:
1) Open the game's Assembly-CSharp.dll using dnSpy,
2) Search for the class "btl_abil" that can be found in the virtual folder "FF9" of the DLL,
3) Inside that class, you should see the method "CheckStatusAbility"; right-click and "Edit method" on it,
4) Depending on whether you have the Moguri/Memoria mod installed or not, what's next will be different:
4-a) If you have the Moguri/Memoria mod, you'll see the line "btl.ResistStatus |= (BattleStatus.Heat | BattleStatus.Freeze);"; simply add " | BattleStatus.Berserk" in the parenthesis,
4-b) If you don't have it, it will take the form of numbers instead: "btl.stat.invalid |= 50331648u;", which corresponds to 16777216 | 33554432, so you just need to add the status ID of Berserk to add immunity for it: write "btl.stat.invalid |= 50333696u;" instead and you're good,
5) "Compile" then "File -> Save Module".

Weisshuf

• View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: 2020-05-09 08:42:13 »
@Tirlititi Big thank you. Never thought it could work out that easy.

Adho

• View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: 2020-05-09 13:39:39 »
Hi Tirlititi and others !

No prob for the music, it's fine despite the restart !

I just have another question (w/o link with music this time): while modifying some of the game's dialogs, I noticed that sometimes there were lines of dialog (which were not in the basic game) that were not read. The added dialogs like the discussion between Freya and the King of Burmecia inside Cleyra's temple works perfectly, but I don't understand why some isolated lines are skipped in other scenes, as if the added dialogs weren't all taken into account.

In the image I'm using as an example (in french, sorry but there's a discrepancy with the English dialogue here), the underlined lines do not appear in play :

I know there are some manipulations to do when you want to add lines of dialog (and it's explained in one of the forum section) but for lines already present I found it strange.

Weisshuf

• View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: 2020-05-09 14:15:05 »
Well i got another problem. I dont know where this bug came from, but now the game has missing letters in the dialogues. Verifying my steam data didnt help. Is my save corrupted?
I also got the bug with "ZidaneZidane" and so on. I dont really know what this is causing it

Even after a clean uninstall and even after setting it to german, some letters are missing in some dialogues. Does someone has a savegame for that part so I can check that?

« Last Edit: 2020-05-09 14:31:08 by Weisshuf »

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1720 on: 2020-05-10 16:30:57 »
I'll leave this here since there are a lot of "useful information" links on the first post.

This is about altering Fenril and Carbuncle's name and description accordingly, when one of the effect-altering add-ons is equipped on Eiko, both in battle and outside of battle:

Code: ("BattleHUD.cs") [Select]
itemListDetailHUD.Content.SetActive(true);
int num2 = this.PatchAbility(num);                                                    // Added line of code
itemListDetailHUD.NameLabel.text = FF9TextTool.ActionAbilityName(num2);               // Change num to num2
int mp = this.GetMp(aaData);
bool flag2 = mp != 0;
if (flag2)
{
itemListDetailHUD.NumberLabel.text = mp.ToString();
}
else
{
itemListDetailHUD.NumberLabel.text = string.Empty;
}
bool flag3 = abilityState == BattleHUD.AbilityStatus.ABILSTAT_DISABLE;
if (flag3)
{
itemListDetailHUD.NameLabel.color = FF9TextTool.Gray;
itemListDetailHUD.NumberLabel.color = FF9TextTool.Gray;
ButtonGroupState.SetButtonAnimation(itemListDetailHUD.Self, false);
}
else
{
itemListDetailHUD.NameLabel.color = FF9TextTool.White;
itemListDetailHUD.NumberLabel.color = FF9TextTool.White;
ButtonGroupState.SetButtonAnimation(itemListDetailHUD.Self, true);
}
itemListDetailHUD.Button.Help.TextKey = string.Empty;
itemListDetailHUD.Button.Help.Text = FF9TextTool.ActionAbilityHelpDescription(num2);           // Change num to num2

Code: ("AbilityUI.cs") [Select]
private void DisplayAADetail(Transform item, ListDataTypeBase data, int index, bool isInit)
{
[...]
int mp = this.GetMp(FF9StateSystem.Battle.FF9Battle.aa_data[abilityListData.Id]);
int num2 = this.PatchAbility(abilityListData.Id); // Add this line
itemListDetailHUD.NameLabel.text = FF9TextTool.ActionAbilityName(num2); // Change abilityListData.Id to num2
itemListDetailHUD.NumberLabel.text = ((mp != 0) ? mp.ToString() : string.Empty);
if (abilityListData.Type == AbilityUI.AbilityType.CantSpell)
{
itemListDetailHUD.NameLabel.color = FF9TextTool.Gray;
itemListDetailHUD.NumberLabel.color = FF9TextTool.Gray;
}
else if (abilityListData.Type == AbilityUI.AbilityType.Enable)
{
itemListDetailHUD.NameLabel.color = FF9TextTool.White;
itemListDetailHUD.NumberLabel.color = FF9TextTool.White;
}
itemListDetailHUD.Button.Help.Enable = true;
itemListDetailHUD.Button.Help.Text = FF9TextTool.ActionAbilityHelpDescription(num2);     // Change abilityListData.Id to num2
}
}

//*************************************************
//Also copy paste the following anywhere within AbilityUI.cs
//*************************************************

private int PatchAbility(int id)
{
if (AbilityUI.AbilCarbuncle == id)
{
switch (FF9StateSystem.Common.FF9.party.member[this.currentPartyIndex].equip[4])
{
case 227:
id += 3;
break;
case 228:
id++;
break;
case 229:
id += 2;
break;
}
}
else
{
if (AbilityUI.AbilFenril == id)
{
byte b = FF9StateSystem.Common.FF9.party.member[this.currentPartyIndex].equip[4];
id += ((b != 222) ? 0 : 1);
}
}
return id;
}

private static int AbilFenril = 66;

private static int AbilCarbuncle = 68;

Now Carbuncle and Fenril's names and descriptions will match the actual effect when used, which is altered by a few add-ons. Those names and description are already within the game files so no other changes are required. This code simply unlocks these otherwise hidden descriptions.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-11 02:01:29 by Caledor »

Albeoris

• View Profile
    • FFRTT
« Reply #1721 on: 2020-05-11 15:42:38 »
EDIT: One last things. Albeoris also added a "Spell rate" feature: apart from the method "Perform" that you can find in the battle scripts, you sometimes have a method "RateTarget" that returns a Single (number) and is added when the class derivates from "IEstimateBattleScript". This method is meant to somehow measure the usefulness of an ability in a given situation. I am not sure if that feature is working (maybe it is used when the player turns Auto-battle on?) though, and you can ignore it if you don't care.

[Battle]
SelectBestTarget = 1 ; 0 - Original, 1 - Estimate the best target via IEstimateBattleScript

Hello! If you enable this option, the cursor will not point to the first goal in the list, but to the best one based on the total score.

For example, if two characters lack 1000 HP, and we select “Heal”, but one character has 20% HP and the other has 80% HP, then the cursor will point to a character with 20% HP, since he is the best target.

If you select "Golden Needle (Soft)" the battle with the gargoyle, then the cursor will point to it.

If you select "Eat", the cursor will be placed on a target whose skill has not yet been learned.

Also, in the latest version, you can replace Vivi's basic attack with basic spells. Which spell will be used is also determined by this rating. BUT (!) since I’m not sure that it’s a good idea to turn on automatic target selection for attacking skills, I excluded script No. 9 (Magic Attack) from the list used to select a target.

ViviAutoAttack = 0 ; 0 - Default attack, 1 - One of the basic spells (Fire, Blizzard, Thunder) cost-free MP
P.S. Thank you so much for adding support for CSV tables!

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: 2020-05-12 22:51:52 »
@Adho: Well, for the dialogs, it's really because the dialog list is only a database. It's the script that decides whether a dialog is used or not and when. In theory, those dialogs could be randomly shuffled and still be used in the order as long as the script uses the proper dialogs at the correct time.

@Weisshuf: It's surely because of the font that you use. Someone else already had that bug a long time ago and you need to change the font to a proper one (if you have Memoria, font can be changed in the "Memoria.ini" file).

@Caledor: Thank you :)
I didn't even see that name and description of Carbuncle was not updated. I just never use its alternate effects ^^"

@Albeoris: You're welcome. Thanks to you for clarifying that stuff.

DV

• View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: 2020-05-13 20:56:01 »
Update : 26 November 2023

So here is a little tutorial to add music WITHOUT replacing the existing ones

You will need just Audacity for that but don't worry, it's very simple !

Sorry in advance if I make grammatical or spelling mistakes :)

I) Create/Prepare your soundtrack

First of all, you need to prepare your music with Audacity (or another software if possible).

/_!_\ Open Audacity's config (Ctrl + P), then go in Import/Export and check if the option is enabled => Show Metadata Tags editor before export

On this first step, we need to create two metadata on your file : "LoopStart" and "LoopEnd". Indeed, Memoria can convert .ogg in another format with an AKB header (the important part !).
This header will contain the loop region from your music : this step is essential to make an appropriate OST for FF9.

At the bottom of the screen, right click on numbers and select "samples."

Open your audio file with Audacity and create looping region, you can use labels (Tracks -> Add Label or Ctrl + B).

These labels are optional but are very useful to visualize the loop. Of course, these two points in the song MUST sound exactly the same !

Once your loop is in place, select the region between theses labels and note the number of frames of the loop start and the loop end.

On this example : Loop Start = 4095758 and LoopEnd = 9166785.

Export your file in .ogg format and the metadata window will pop up.

On this window, "Add" two lines and name them EXACTLY : LoopStart and LoopEnd, with their respective values (frames number), like this :

Save as music123.ogg for example and now, you need to create a specific folder on the selected path : StreamingAssets\assets\resources\Sounds\Sounds01\BGM_

II) Add an index for your soundtrack

Download this file from this link => Pastebin link !

Rename it musicmetadata.txt and place it in this folder :
- If you don't use mods => FINAL FANTASY IX\x64\FF9_Data\Resources\resources\embeddedasset\manifest\sounds
- If you use mods, take the folder with the highiest priority and place it here => FINAL FANTASY IX\[YOUR MOD]\FF9_Data\Embeddedasset\manifest\Sounds

On this file, add theses lines at the end :

{
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music123",
      "soundIndex": "149",
    }

You must have something like that... carefull with commas !

{
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music121",
      "soundIndex": "148",
    },
    {
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music122",
      "soundIndex": "147",
    }, <======= Don't forget the comma here !
    {
      "name": "Sounds01/BGM_/music123",
      "soundIndex": "149",
    }
  ]
}

To check IDs available, you can check here => List of musics (FF9)

Save your musicmetadata.txt.

After that, you can edit "BtlEncountBGMMetaData.txt" (for battles on the field) and "WldBtlEncountBGMMetaData.txt" (for battles on the map) from the ressources.assets to add your music. You can extract these files from Hades Workshop, with the Unity Assets Viewer.

/_!_\ The ID you must use is the "soundIndex" ! For our previous example, the ID will be 149 and not 123 !

If you forget how to change ID music from battle => Changing the battle music of specific battles (Steam)

And... that's all ! Congrats !  ;)

Hopefully, when you will launch a battle with your new soundtrack, Memoria will create your soundtrack with .akb header.

If you encounter any difficulties, don't hesitate to consult the Memoria.log file to see what happens.

Hope that's will be helpfull if you want to make various battle with differents soundtracks !

PS : Didn't test yet but i suppose you can make this same logic with SoundEffect (dictionnary SoundDisplayNames on Memoria and soundeffectmetadata.txt on ressources.assets)
« Last Edit: 2023-11-26 00:08:58 by DV »

Albeoris

• View Profile
    • FFRTT
« Reply #1724 on: 2020-05-21 09:04:21 »
DV, friends, if you notice any problem in the game engine (equipment is incorrectly displayed) or in the Memoria (music is not exported), do not hesitate to write about it:
https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues

In a few weeks, we fixed dozens of problems that I didn’t even know about (thanks to a detailed description from snouz).

If you already have a ready solution, share the pool requests:
https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/pulls

If you are not friends with Git, but found a solution and tested it through dnSpy, just describe it in the issue so that I can check it and quickly apply to the game.