Author Topic: FFVII Problem, yeah its not a deja vu  (Read 2912 times)

Metal-Works

FFVII Problem, yeah its not a deja vu
« on: 2005-10-18 23:32:42 »
Hi Folks, I've read this entire forum, ( Or i think i did, because my eyes were falling apart last night), and regretfully i did'nt find anything like what's happens to my old PII.. I'm really a bad English writer but i have no choice...well..

My system( Not my realy, my girlfriend's, but who cares? right?):

Win ME
PII 400
Riva TNT2 n64 32 mg PCI
128 mg Ram
Sound: CMI83310 ( Not sure)
DirectX 8.1
Nvidia Driver Vs 4.14.10.4403
FFVII English with the 1.02 Nvidia Patch

Now...Realy weir... when i run it for the first time, i've choose "Nvidia" "TNT2" "DirectX 3D" options, and i'd run it with that, the game was going pretty well, then when i was fighting with the Scorpion, (The first "Boss", in the beggining - Makko Reactor) the sound was shut down, then i'd restarted the "FFVII Config" and all the test were Fail, exept for the 8bit stuff...
And later on i tried to run the DirectX 3D Config utility ( The one that normaly its in "Program Files\Directx\setup" bla bla bla, and the utility itself says "Direct 3d Not Available".
Now, this happen every time i run the config utility and i have to restart the pc to have Direct 3d again.

So, if someone has, or have the same problem, or has any ideas, please give me a hand.

In any case, Thanks.

PD: I have instaled the Direct Media stuff, if it's helps..

Metal-Works

« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-19 01:38:23 »
I'v solve it, just reinstaling DirectX(That means, Format C:) and switching nVidia drivers, the movies runs realy "lagly"... slow... and the crazy thing its than in the WMP they run perfecly.

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-19 11:34:41 »
formating hdd is not necessary. Try to use some tools for uninstaling DX like DirectX Buster. It worked alright for me.