Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 704219 times)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Wall Market, FFVII KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #625 on: 2009-10-27 17:20:09 »
EDIT: Looking for info on attack animation indexes? Get the full table of offsets for PC and PSX versions here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9277.msg124615#msg124615

I'm not sure if this has been noted before, but I thought I'd share nonetheless.

I've been trying to make my own spells on the PSX version of FF7, but I've not had much success with animation IDs. For instance, using the anim. ID AA gives me a water effect rather than Aero 3.

After a little experimentation, it seems - and don't take this as gospel - that when using enemy attack animations on the PSX, you might need to modify the base index by 60h rather than 4Eh. BC gives me Aero 3. Yay! That would explain the prior difficulties: I'd been getting waterball rather than Aero3. (AA-60h = 4A = 74 in dec, which is the waterball ID)

I noticed that putting in E9 gave me Bizarro Energy. A quick look at the AttackAnims document suggests...

148   Bizzarro Enegy

148 = 94h
Add 60h to that... gives us F4  :?
This would suggest that some attacks demand a difference of 55h.

Well, let's try F4 then.

: /

However, according to the "60h rule", if I want to use

81   Sewer         
82   Hot Springs         
83   Magma   

I need to input -

81d = 51h, 51h + 60h = b1
82d = 52h, 52h + 60h = b2
83d = 53h, 53h + 60h = b3

And what do you know? They work just fine.

Interesting. Any explanations? I'm going to keep trying with 60h, and failing that 60h plus or minus multiples of 5. I'll tell you if I find anything of note.

BTW: This is the case on both a PAL and an NTSC version of the game. They are being run on ePSXe, and being patched via CDmage.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-02 17:55:28 by Bosola »

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 2009-10-27 17:33:27 »
It would be good to have separate animation lists for both PC and PSX versions.  :roll:

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #627 on: 2009-10-27 17:59:46 »
Thanks for pointing this out. It's interesting news!

Kudistos Megistos has been working with the PSX version (I think) and he says that my animation document is correct. It's possible that he has a different version than the one you're playing on. Check on this a little more (find out how much each category is increased by) and I'll add it to my "document".

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #628 on: 2009-10-27 18:05:08 »
I'll keep you updated on any findings.

The AttackAnims document itself seems to be correct, and the attack Anim no.s attached to the enemies in PROUD CLOD confirm it. It's just the +4E for enemy spells thing that seems to be in question. It's interesting, though, if Kudistos hasn't found this whilst working on the NTSC-U PSX version. Puzzling...

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 2009-10-27 20:00:52 »
I've done a little modding on the (PAL! :-D) PSX version of the game, but I've never tried making any new spells, which would explain why I haven't found anything like that :-P

I'll try to remember to have a look at this later tonight. I suppose it's possible that there might be different attack indexes for the PSX version, but I can't think of any reason why; the scene.bin and kernel.bin are the same for both the PC and the PSX, n'est-ce pas? :|

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #630 on: 2009-10-27 20:18:25 »
Presumably the variable that alters Anim ID on the basis of Attack ID differs? That wouldn't be located in the KERNEL.BIN. I don't know where it sits in the PSOne version.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-27 20:22:47 by Bosola »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #631 on: 2009-10-27 20:49:33 »
I've got moar info, now on enemy skills.

Playing around with custom E.Skills, I found that, as you might expect, the 'add 36' rule that applies otherwise doesn't work. Dayum. What to do? Mash the keyboard, of course, until I found an animation that not only worked, but that I could recognize.

I found that 6C looks like grand spark, and that 73 is sewer tsunami. Knowing this, I tried the entire section of attacks that covered. Here's what I found

66   Grand Spark   - 6c works         
67   Bomb Blast      - 6d works
68   Northern Cross   - invisible? No animation appears, but attack produces its effects
69   Dragon Cannon   - crashes game      
70   Rolling Fire      - 70h works
71   Twin Burner   - 71h works   
72   Sewer Tsunami   - 72h crashes game   
73   Sewer Tsunami   - 73h works like a charm

From this, I worked out that the number to add to enemy exclusive attacks when dealing with Enemy Skills is 2A.

Let me give an example to those who have been reading, but haven't quite followed my (fairly telegraphic) prose: If I want an enemy skill that looks like Dyne's S-Mine, relative animation index 58, or 3A in hex, I need to add 2A in hex to find the animation ID I need to enter into Wallmarket. That turns out to be 64. And what do you know? Setting the Anim. ID as 64, sure enough, makes the Enemy Skill look like S-Mine.

« Last Edit: 2009-10-27 21:29:10 by Bosola »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #632 on: 2009-10-27 21:33:06 »
I've done a little modding on the (PAL! :-D) PSX version of the game, but I've never tried making any new spells, which would explain why I haven't found anything like that :-P

I'll try to remember to have a look at this later tonight. I suppose it's possible that there might be different attack indexes for the PSX version, but I can't think of any reason why; the scene.bin and kernel.bin are the same for both the PC and the PSX, n'est-ce pas? :|

Since it's all based on a "relative increase" then this is not unlikely if the absolute indexes are different between the PSX version Bosola is experimenting on and the PC version. Since the increase is larger in the PSX version, they either have more animations than the PC version, or wanted to start on a "friendlier number". In binary, 60h is 1100000 where 4Eh is 1001110. Maybe this is significant since none of the player magics go above 40h.

I've got moar info, now on enemy skills.

Playing around with custom E.Skills, I found that, as you might expect, the 'add 36' rule that applies otherwise doesn't work. Dayum. What to do? Mash the keyboard, of course, until I found an animation that not only worked, but that I could recognize.

I found that 6C looks like grand spark, and that 73 is sewer tsunami.

From this, I worked out that the number to add when dealing with Enemy Skills is 2A.

Let me give an example to those who have been reading, but haven't quite followed my (fairly telegraphic) prose: If I want an enemy skill that looks like Dyne's S-Mine, relative animation index 58, or 3A in hex, I need to add 2A in hex to find the animation ID I need to enter into Wallmarket. That turns out to be 64. And what do you know? Setting the Anim. ID as 64, sure enough, makes the Enemy Skill look like S-Mine.

* For E.Skill attacks, increase by 2Ah (in hex)
    * For Enemy-exclusive attacks, increase by 60h (in hex)

Your logic is flawed here. E.Skill increase CANNOT be any less than 35h (which is Shield's animation).
HOWEVER, what you DID find was that E.Skill's relative offset is 2Ah LESS than 60h since you have to increase the E.Skill's relative index by that much to get enemy attacks. That would make the E.Skill offset be:

60h - 2Ah = 36h
-AND-
60h (Enemy Att offset) + 3Ah (S-Mine relative offset) = 9Ah (S-Mine absolute index)
XXh (E.Skill Att offset) + 64h (E.Skill relative offset) = 9Ah (E.Skill absolute index)
XX = 36h

which is what it is for the PC version.

That leaves absolute animations 4Eh-5Fh unidentified for the PSX version. That's 18 animations. There are 16 summons. Perhaps this is where they come in the PSX animation order. Which leaves two unaccounted for!! O_O Someone make some E.Skills with indexes between 18h - 29h and make videos of the results RIGHT NOW!!! :D

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #633 on: 2009-10-27 21:34:44 »
You're right. My maths is in a spin. These numbers have me overwhelmed! I'll try those Anim indexes, though from what I've seen, I'm guessing they won't work.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-27 21:36:33 by Bosola »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #634 on: 2009-10-27 21:43:05 »
My god! They seem to work! Setting an E.Skill to Anim 18 produces a Choco-Mog animation, albeit sans. the Chocobo model. 19 yields a Shiva-less Shiva. ePSXe crashes on 28 and 29, though 29 turns the screen turn slowly dark before the emulator apparently freezes. KOTR works absolutely fine, and still has the Knight models, unlike the other summons seem to.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-27 21:50:09 by Bosola »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #635 on: 2009-10-27 21:43:54 »
[um, I don't know how this double post happened. Sorry!]

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #636 on: 2009-10-27 22:03:22 »
My god! They seem to work! Setting an E.Skill to Anim 18 produces a Choco-Mog animation, albeit sans. the Chocobo model. 19 yields a Shiva-less Shiva. ePSXe crashes on 28 and 29, though 29 turns the screen turn slowly dark before the emulator apparently freezes. KOTR works absolutely fine, and still has the Knight models, unlike the other summons seem to.

Very interesting. Now we know what the absolute PSX indexes are for the summons. Thanks!

Still, why would Choco/Mog NOT have the chocobo? Hmmm.......

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #637 on: 2009-10-30 12:03:25 »
Did a few spells and enemy skills for the PSOne version, obtaining the animations as described. YouTube video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY9Vp5BLni8

Tonfa

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 2009-10-30 19:31:28 »
So I update to 1.3.1, boot up the kernel I've been working on and get this.

Code: [Select]
************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string ": 86" to type 'Short' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(String Value)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(String Value)
   at WallMarket.Form1.Load_Growth()
   at WallMarket.Form1.Open_KERNEL(Char kernel)
   at WallMarket.Form1.OpenKERNELBINToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at WallMarket.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Okay, I can continue...except some parts just refuse to be shown at all. Like character growths.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '128' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at WallMarket.Form1.CharGrowthList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

What's the deal? Booting up a fresh kernel works and allows itself to be edited without errors, but I don't want to resort to that for obvious reasons.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #639 on: 2009-10-30 20:42:56 »
A String to short conversion in Load_Growth? That's odd.

That might lead the the second error you're getting. The Attack names aren't loading correctly. When Cloud's "Braver" tries to load it doesn't see that that combobox has that many entries. So I guess the first error occurred before that....

Nothing's coming to mind right now; I'll have to look at it. I don't have the code in front of me, but it seems like something screwed up your KERNEL. It's likely an easy fix.

UPDATE:
OK, I figured out what the issue is. I'm surprised that it hasn't come up until now. Your AI block within the KERNEL.BIN is too small. You deleted all the AI except Vincent's didn't you? Well, that caused a TINY glitch in WM (your KERNEL's fine, don't worry about it) when it tries to display the total size of all scripts. It's actually doing this incorrectly for some reason.

How to fix: First, make a back up of the KERNEL that crashes WM. Open it and press "Continue" like you have before. Without editing anything, select "Piece Management" and "Create KERNEL.BIN pieces" and close WM. This part is going to require using a Hex editor. There are plenty of free ones that will do this. At address 0x634 it should start:
FF FF 20 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FFchange that to:
FF FF 20 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 50 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FFThen at 0x684 add this:
61 00 00 91 60 00 91 60 00 91 60 00 91 73That's an innocuous script that won't harm anything put into a code block that doesn't fire (as far as anyone can tell). Now, re-open WM and tell it to load the pieces instead of the actual KERNEL. You shouldn't get the error after that. re-compile your KERNEL and don't delete any of the AI scripts. ;)
This will make WM think the total script size is over 100 bytes and it won't cause that error again. Just keep total script size into triple digits for now. I'll fix it later this week.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-02 13:57:09 by NFITC1 »

Tonfa

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 2009-11-08 10:25:17 »
Yes, that was the cause of my issue. Thought of saving space as well as making Sephiroth playable...oh well. Worked out in the end. The fix worked, though there were added complications after it - WM would crash when I tried to save the reassembled kernel or its pieces, so I made a patch ofthe changes, patched an untouched kernel and saved THAT one instead. Strange. Thanks for the troubleshooting!

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #641 on: 2009-11-15 06:41:16 »
Having a bit of trouble here.

For some reason, I can no longer get certain animations to work without the game freezing, even though they worked perfectly before. Yesterday, I had a magic spell that used the Death Sentence animation. Now, using that spell causes the colours to glitch and the game to freeze, even though beforehand there were no troubles whatsoever. Using a fresh .iso and versions of the KERNEL.BIN etc. files made no difference - the glitch is still there.

I've no idea what could be the matter. The only work on FF7 I'd done in the mean time was to alter some character AI - but even with a fresh game or restored KERNEL file, the problem persists. Aside from that? Nothing springs to mind, except that I opened the wallmarket.dat file in notepad, copied the text, closed the file and pasted to a new .txt document. I hardly expect that to be an issue, though.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #642 on: 2009-11-15 07:57:01 »
...Stranger and stranger. It appears now to only affect the 'Death Sentence' animation. Using the enemy skill is fine, but calling it from magic (using anim index 4A) just won't work.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #643 on: 2009-11-15 09:11:22 »
Oh, I thought I'd share something else: if you want an enemy skill to hit everyone, then the skill that would normally take the 'slot' you're using has to be able to hit multiple targets too. Simply setting the 'multiple / toggle multiple' flags alone and choosing the right animation won't do it properly - multiple targets will be hit, but damage won't be displayed, nor statuses until the enemies are hit by another 'move'.

So, if you want a holy attack that hits all, using Diamond Fire as an animation, you should consider using the 'slot' normally taken by, say, Pandora's Box or L5 Death, rather than Dragon Force or Flamethrower.

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2009-11-28 05:17:54 »
found some buggage with the character growth page... you can change the upper bounds on the page, but if you change, say str to have a cap of 255, the values displayed for it's min/max will be reduced greatly, ending up at around 38-40 for a level 99 cloud. if you were to decrease the upper bounds to 50 the stats displayed are doubled, and it will still show up to 99 for the stat (another issue, the stat shown will never exceed 99 in the range that changes, the max/min shown at the top of the window displays correctly, even if the upper bounds is changed). my guess is that there is a division taking place using the upper bounds which would explain the doubling at half the upper bound size, and the decrease as it grows :-P. the HP/MP stats are fine though, only the other stats are affected

it also does not seem to save the upper bounds you set in WM, i am not sure if the upper bounds is something that can actually be modified in the kernel, or if it is just for the display in WM (hopefully the former :-D), but either way it is not keeping the changes. and the upper bounds box doesn't like numbers like 99999 in the hp box... it gives an error saying the number is too big, but that one is just me messing around :roll:

speaking of the stats shown per level on the growth page, the values for the stats like strength are listed from max to min, while the HP/MP values are min to max... kinda weird to have them different (small to large looks better btw :wink:). and if you happen to change to HP or MP, it will initially display large to small, but as soon as you move the slide for the level, it will become small to large again... which is kinda weird :lol:.

and another, smaller thing; if you change kernels in WM, the items on the party data screen will disappear (the ones in starting items, and possibly the materia as well), but the quantity will appear if you select a space with an item in it, though the item will stay invisible until changing the item in the slot. everything continues as normal though, and it saves properly as far as i saw, so it is pretty minor :-P.

it has been a while since i have used this (just seeing some random stuff since i have been sticking to the growth page), so some of these may have been fixed already if you are still working on it, but as usual, i like to point the bugs out 8-). i'd post it on your blog, but i cannot post because it always seems to remove my post as i post it... but then again my computer has issues with certain web pages so it could just be me. it's funny though... your only follower cannot comment on your blog :lol:

Edit: to help with my mod, i made myself an excel spreadsheet to calculate the character stats based off of the kernel data (i know WM does it, but mine will end up having a damage calculator integrated into it, based off of my enemy data and updated attack info ^_^), and after finishing it up, i noticed that my HP/MP values are much closer to those in Terence's party data guide than your WM calculates, with MP being 100% accurate to his, and HP being only up to 8 points different by 99, while some still match up perfectly. I looked through this thread and found where you had been talking about it, but you never seemed to get it to look like his HP/MP, so i was wondering... how exactly did you write out the equation?

it seems as if your calculations are not flooring somewhere they should be (i know for a fact that your exp equation isn't flooring right, because i was able to get the same results you have by not flooring at a certain point). i know how hard it can be to keep track of the flooring sometimes, and doing things in a different order can sometimes affect things as well, something i learned from typing my growth formula for the enemies into their AI (doing it in excel makes the equations MUCH bigger than they should be... especially since i have to repeatedly use the lookup function, sometimes within ANOTHER lookup function :-P). it took me forever to get my HP this close to accurate, and i think it will not get any closer to his, since i used the same equation i did for my HP as i did for the MP, just with slight tweaking and changing how the growth was applied... and it turned out 100% like his :|.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-28 21:49:25 by secondadvent »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #645 on: 2009-11-30 13:36:26 »
found some buggage with the character growth page... you can change the upper bounds on the page, but if you change, say str to have a cap of 255, the values displayed for it's min/max will be reduced greatly, ending up at around 38-40 for a level 99 cloud. if you were to decrease the upper bounds to 50 the stats displayed are doubled, and it will still show up to 99 for the stat (another issue, the stat shown will never exceed 99 in the range that changes, the max/min shown at the top of the window displays correctly, even if the upper bounds is changed). my guess is that there is a division taking place using the upper bounds which would explain the doubling at half the upper bound size, and the decrease as it grows :-P. the HP/MP stats are fine though, only the other stats are affected

it also does not seem to save the upper bounds you set in WM, i am not sure if the upper bounds is something that can actually be modified in the kernel, or if it is just for the display in WM (hopefully the former :-D), but either way it is not keeping the changes. and the upper bounds box doesn't like numbers like 99999 in the hp box... it gives an error saying the number is too big, but that one is just me messing around :roll:

These are cosmetic details and not a high priority. Stats cannot be set above 255 without some major re-write. Likewise, HP/MP cannot go above 32767. I thought I added some error checking to make sure the values don't get that high, but it's really just setting the maximum the graph will go to. Changing that value means nothing in-game (I'm sure you know this).

speaking of the stats shown per level on the growth page, the values for the stats like strength are listed from max to min, while the HP/MP values are min to max... kinda weird to have them different (small to large looks better btw :wink:). and if you happen to change to HP or MP, it will initially display large to small, but as soon as you move the slide for the level, it will become small to large again... which is kinda weird :lol:.

Again, cosmetic. Probably something that needs to be fixed. To be honest, I've been afraid to touch that graph since 1.2.0 (there are still a few issues with it) so these things get left unnoticed.

and another, smaller thing; if you change kernels in WM, the items on the party data screen will disappear (the ones in starting items, and possibly the materia as well), but the quantity will appear if you select a space with an item in it, though the item will stay invisible until changing the item in the slot. everything continues as normal though, and it saves properly as far as i saw, so it is pretty minor :-P.

If you change tabs and come back to it it'll look fine. It's accounting for item name changes and I guess it doesn't update perfectly in all cases.

it has been a while since i have used this (just seeing some random stuff since i have been sticking to the growth page), so some of these may have been fixed already if you are still working on it, but as usual, i like to point the bugs out 8-). i'd post it on your blog, but i cannot post because it always seems to remove my post as i post it... but then again my computer has issues with certain web pages so it could just be me. it's funny though... your only follower cannot comment on your blog :lol:

You can't post on the blog. You're supposed to leave comments on the posts that I make.

Edit: to help with my mod, i made myself an excel spreadsheet to calculate the character stats based off of the kernel data (i know WM does it, but mine will end up having a damage calculator integrated into it, based off of my enemy data and updated attack info ^_^), and after finishing it up, i noticed that my HP/MP values are much closer to those in Terence's party data guide than your WM calculates, with MP being 100% accurate to his, and HP being only up to 8 points different by 99, while some still match up perfectly. I looked through this thread and found where you had been talking about it, but you never seemed to get it to look like his HP/MP, so i was wondering... how exactly did you write out the equation?

it seems as if your calculations are not flooring somewhere they should be (i know for a fact that your exp equation isn't flooring right, because i was able to get the same results you have by not flooring at a certain point). i know how hard it can be to keep track of the flooring sometimes, and doing things in a different order can sometimes affect things as well, something i learned from typing my growth formula for the enemies into their AI (doing it in excel makes the equations MUCH bigger than they should be... especially since i have to repeatedly use the lookup function, sometimes within ANOTHER lookup function :-P). it took me forever to get my HP this close to accurate, and i think it will not get any closer to his, since i used the same equation i did for my HP as i did for the MP, just with slight tweaking and changing how the growth was applied... and it turned out 100% like his :|.

Tell you the truth, I don't think I'm flooring until the end. The PSX is capable of doing floating-point calculation so I'd assume that it's being done that way. It's likely not, though. I'm sure that'd give me different numbers, but I suspect that it doesn't matter. If you read those posts then you know that several people (maybe just two) tried getting outside the ranges Terrence provided and WM calculated by power-leveling and couldn't get below mine or above Terrence's. Since you'll get to neither bound outside of directed growth I just didn't bother to sync mine up with his. If you really need it to be accurate, I can re-work it. It wouldn't be difficult.

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2009-11-30 18:05:51 »
well, the stat stuff isn't too much of a problem now (mainly because i finished my calculator :roll:), so only really worry about it if you want to/have time to. i figured the upper bounds wasn't for in-game, which sucks, but i only wanted to make the HP go higher :|.

and i know i cannot post on your blog... i cannot post any comments is what i meant :-P.

« Reply #647 on: 2009-12-12 07:19:36 »
Further to our discussions in PM I have also located the default naming of the characters text.

It is also located in FF7.exe at 52: 06B0h

There may be more text in FF7.exe that I haven\'t found yet aside from all the menu items.  :) ciao

« Reply #648 on: 2009-12-18 14:41:33 »
lastly, world map dialogue and text are found in file MES inside world_us.lgp

Bobeert

« Reply #649 on: 2009-12-19 06:37:46 »
So I'm using Wallmarket to edit the Kernel.bin file and I seem to have added too much to it.  Crashes the game when I run it, you know.  Added too many weapon descriptions I think.  Well, I've tried to go in and edit out the weapon descriptions, but it won't work for a lot of them.  I double click the weapon's name, erase the entirety of its description, and when I click okay it doesn't actually delete the description?  Even pressing 'Apply' beforehand does nothing, it'll flash for a split second and the text will come back.

And I can't edit the spells out on certain magic materia (in the materia type modifier).  I was trying to take spells out of one materia (poison), but it won't delete the numbers.  I can change it to something else and it'll stick, but deleting the value just reverses when I select something else and go back to it.

I'm not quite sure if it's a program bug or if it's something I've done?  I mean, maybe it's something to do with some variable that controls how many spells it's supposed to have, and you can add spells to it... but it isn't lowering that variable when you delete it?

Or maybe it's me, I don't know.