Author Topic: SOLVED: Some troubles of a NB  (Read 2611 times)

BartMarley

SOLVED: Some troubles of a NB
« on: 2011-06-10 18:00:05 »
Hi all, first of all i want to thaks everybody contributing to this forums and those innovations of PC version of FF7, before yesterday i didn't knew such things exists, and here is the problem : i'm a little confused about somethings happened to me tryin to use those mods :

first of all gotta say i follow dat tutorial : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11248.0
01 : I Install my ORIGINAL old FF7 PC who was stored in old boxes (lol)
02 : I Install FF7 remix 2.51
03 : I Install Aali 0.7.10b
04 : I Install beta 9 for low res with gui version 2.8
05 : modifing properly the cfg file

Well, game starts! cloud is high res wow dats awesome :) barret too, including during battle!
I even starts game with ff7 music and enjoy remixed mp3 dats dooooope

My problem is, when tifa and aerith shows on and participate at battle, there is always a crappy red error message telling me T09 TIFA and T09 aerith cant be loaded, I know it's the battle modeling havin a problem, but the fact is i'm f*ckin nb to this forum! even using searches and readins during around 3-4 hours yesterday i can't find those aerith or tifa battling model, or a way to disable dat crappy error message.

Sorry if my question is dumb retarded and already seen, but if someone can link me to a thread where i can manually put those models battle ingame plizz...

edit :

there is another issue i just figure out : i cant steal anything! it's always telling me i could no steal anything, but 20x times in same battle with same opponent it's kinda weird na ???? pliiz respond me :(
« Last Edit: 2011-06-24 20:24:33 by Bosola »

Mako

• View Profile
Re: Some troubles of a NB
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-11 21:48:43 »
Just put them anywhere and tell the driver to look for them :/ Unless you are tlking about the battle models themselves then just unpack and repack using Aali's lgp tools :) You can run them unpacked but you take a performance hit.

You do know how to configure the driver correct?

Also double posting is frowned upon on forums please if you can find the time and edit you post till someone responds. I do hope you'll enjoy :) If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

BartMarley

« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-12 03:37:03 »
thx mako for answering : yeah i don't know how to implement those battle modifing models of tifa & aerith, i couldn't even figur out where to find those battle model files :( if you can help me find them or gimme some link of forum threads i could read to help me implement dat aerith & tifa battle models :(

plus as you see on my other post, i have a very big problem in my opinion as i cannot steal anything on the game... very weird i hesitate to continue the game as my goal is to make it 100%...

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-12 06:04:15 »
hi Bart
i think you may be experiencing some difficulties from using remix. I urge you to use separate mods as a general rule and also make backups and test each one as you install them before moving on to the next. I think the tutorial videos that can be found at www.finalfantasy7pc.com are generally very helpful. Learning how to unpack and reconfigure lpg files with programs like Highwind is useful.

heres the way I build FF7pc right now
(i made .iso files from my game discs to make the actual install easier for me)

after initial install:
A.) 1.02 patch
B.) aali's custom opengl driver v.10b or maybe .9 if u cant run the latest version
C.) Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (watch the tutorial for that on the ff7pc website)
D.) Avalanche and the .08GUI
E.) ff7music

to me, at this point in time, those 5 mods are fairly comprehensive. now anything else you wanna mess with after those is up for debate and/or experimentation. I have added a lot of things to the directory mods\avalanche\ which magically appear in game (thanks to the modpath option in aali's openglcfg), like updated battle backgrounds for some areas and some of the great field scenes that have been updated by guys like SL and Yarlson. 

as for stealing in ff7, its not surprising to fail 20x in a row or more. ff7 steal can be rough. seems to vary but im not super knowledgeable about it other than i think its more satisfyingly challenging than some other games in the ff series.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-12 06:08:44 by Template »