Author Topic: [FF7PC] Sephiroth Story mod with new villian and motive! (2016-01-08)  (Read 83318 times)

mustangtony8732

• View Profile
Yes, I am running the newer 2012  re release. So that would explain something's. My apologies I assumed when it said ff7pc, I failed to realize there was a older PC release that most of these mods would be compatible for. I will look into this patch, because the odds of me finding and buying a old ff7 PC release are slim to none. Thank you for the reply.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
No problem yeah it is pretty unstable with the new one.  Also the limits wont work as I set them as the new exe is different from last I heard unless someone changed that.  I am looking to get back to this mod again soon and finish the kinks out.  It seems though for some reason on this comp no matter what I do I get a game over when I pick up the last piece of the Masamune.  Windows 8 is very weird and I need to get a better one for this.  Is windows 10 like windows 7 and better?

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

does this mod still work on ff7 for steam

genesis063

• View Profile
I would say the only thing that will not work is the limit one as that is used on the old exe.  Unless the steam exe is the exact same as the old one Libre will not work as far as I know to make it compatible for steam.  If that is possible though let me know and i'll do another one for it.  I'll check the links but they should be up if not let me know.  Also please note the final battle in the last fight is not polished and weird.  I got some feedback on how to fix this just haven't taken the time yet.  I hope to do that soon.

mustangtony8732

• View Profile
I have been messing about constantly trying to make this work STILL lol. now through 7th Heaven after I import and go to click "activate" i get this error

"System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\f3125386-5cfa-4411-99a2-ff8c20a0cb81_Sephiroth Story Mod.iro'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\f3125386-5cfa-4411-99a2-ff8c20a0cb81_Sephiroth Story Mod.iro'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc..ctor(String filename, Boolean patchable) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 300
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.CheckAllowedActivate(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 511
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 539
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoModBarAction(pMod pm, ModBarAction a) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 577
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pMod.bActivate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\pMod.cs:line 163
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
"

what is this about??

genesis063

• View Profile
Program Files (x86)
That's the problem right there.  Most people move the ff7 into games folder instead of program folders.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-09 21:06:49 by genesis063 »

iloveyou771

• View Profile
genesis is your this sephiroth mod the newest one for the 98 pc version?i see quite complicated to do with the 7th heven
and is it posibble that when i use the sephiroth patch to play as sephiroth as main character the character field model can be change to advent children or crisisi core sephiroth model same goes to his battle model and on worldmap model too?

it seems the final sephiroth patch that gf san make still not yet finish i think? :)
« Last Edit: 2015-03-08 07:58:29 by iloveyou771 »

genesis063

• View Profile
I am happy to report that the final fight will be reworked to make it playable soon thanks to Sega Chief for making a fightable boss and allowing me to use it after.  I do not have a definite release set yet as I have to figure out that happened to the files I was working with.  Some how when I was backing it up some of it got misplaced.  Worse comes to worse I'll take the files from the current Iro and start from there.  I shouldn't have to much to work with either way as the only thing the current iro is missing is a playable final fight.  Also got to figure out on how to use the One Winged Angel song for the battle.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

where is the final boss fight going to take place

genesis063

• View Profile
Same place as before I'll just have to make a few tweaks.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

what files do i need to make this mod work

and when i tried your mod today, guard scripon was the first boss at the start of the game insted of red dragon
« Last Edit: 2015-03-22 14:19:19 by Zara9 »

genesis063

• View Profile
Updated the first page of the topic.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey genesis063

is your mod ready to be played on yet

or are you still testing the mod out?

genesis063

• View Profile
Still doing the necessary tweaks as the Kyte field model uses a different file name and also changing the variables for the Masamune pieces.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

yes i saw your latest update to your mod

would someone elses ff7 gamesave break your mod

genesis063

• View Profile
Known issues with the items are NT overriding the masamune pieces.  Having issues with the iro to load them right so that is not and issue though the variables need to be active from the mod.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey genesis063

great job on fixing this mod

and will the red dragon dragon boss battle at the start of the game

be fixed soon?

genesis063

• View Profile
It should be now also just uninstall the version 8 one then check sub and you should get the new one.  The only one not fixed yet is blue dragon.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

so is everything fixed now

genesis063

• View Profile
I thought it was I'll get back to you on that when I get to sleep.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

the red dragon battle at the start of the game is still not working

and when you talk to vincent at the sierra HQ to start the next mission

the text is all messed up

and everytime i start your mod up on 7th Heaven, it goes to black screen of death all day
« Last Edit: 2015-03-29 16:57:50 by Zara9 »

genesis063

• View Profile
Updated the first post.

Okay so whenever I try to put up the iro some changes do not go through.  Windows 7 works to doing the production process and windows 8 will work when you download the iro.  As of right now Kernel files DO NOT work for 7H Heaven unless converter did not run properly.  Anyone else please let me know if the equipment changes right.  So if not your going to have to use wallmarket.  I will set up a patch soon for that.  So the iro is good to go for now.  Cloud now replaces Barret as limits do not work right when using Cait Sith who is still not in it.  The field stays the same but the battle model is using a different one.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-30 05:05:09 by genesis063 »

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

I think i am missing a few files for this mod to work right

because when i update the scean.bin

nothing changes at all

new enemies do not show up on prod clod at all

the enemies stay the same

and i think you forgot to upload the .prc file for this mod to work right
« Last Edit: 2015-04-02 18:03:21 by Zara9 »

Zara9