Author Topic: NPC Reconstruction quick question  (Read 2499 times)

Extreme184X

• View Profile
NPC Reconstruction quick question
« on: 2006-09-26 16:52:28 »
I been away from the ff7 scene for quiet some time,
now i downloaded the new NPC Reconstruction project v0.6, i only noticed the field (outworld) characters have changed, but others characters from the in-world did not change ("char.lgp", "chocobo.lgp", "world_us.lgp", these files appeared with bigger size after I used the v0.6 installer & also "char" folder was also created, was applied to fresh new ff7 installation).

about a year ago last time i messed around with v0.3 of npc project, i saw lots of changes.
My question is v0.6 an update to the previous versions and i have update them manually or the v0.6 contains everything the older versions have?

stormmedia

• View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction quick question
« Reply #1 on: 2006-09-26 18:05:56 »
Hi there!

-First you have to extract all files in the char.lgp to your "...\Final Fantasy VII\data\field\char\" folder with Ficedula's LGP Tools.(you have to create the "char" folder in the "field" one
-Second start the patcher
-Create a new char.lgp with the new files in the "char" folder
-That should be it enjoy!!!

But why ppl always create new thread instead of post it in the official NPC RC project.... I mean first you are sure that the makers of the project will answers you since it's our thread..... and it wouldn't create another thread just for one question... well... anyways

I hope it helped
If you have any other questions ask them here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5105.475
Well see you!

Extreme184X

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-09-26 18:41:29 »
Thanks a lot it worked, I also didn't pay attention to the installer, it also explains how to install the patch, which was dumb of me. Applying the patcher this way answered my question.
Characters look kool, just too small, now to search around these forums to get'em bigger.

"But why ppl always create new thread instead of post it in the official NPC RC project"
Lol, I was trying to decide wheather to kreate a new post or post it in the official NPC RC project, I coundnt make up my mind, so decided to just create a new post since it was faster.  But I'll consider next time to post in any official related thread.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-09-26 20:40:55 »
[...]But I'll consider next time to post in any official related thread.[...]

Thanks for that it'll help getting the forums cleaner.

^
[...]Characters look kool, just too small, now to search around these forums to get'em bigger.[...]

Well I personnaly resize them so they are smaller than before.  I did it because some clip over issus was cause because the models were too tall for the backgroud.  That's why I decided to resized them all.  They are now as tall as the original square models... the thing is that the original one was bigger so until we remplace all the models the ones we made so far will look too thin compare the the ones that we do not have done.  But they looks more human.. that's why I resized them like that.

Well see you.