Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837668 times)

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7775 on: 2019-05-14 17:07:27 »
In terms of breaking the 9999 damage cap. It seems only a new .exe can do this. I found the Reunion Menu Overhall Mod for 7h but it need their own .exe and a tool which removes the dmg cap, but the tool patches the .exe as well.

But i found a thread which contains the offsets of 1.02.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=4758.0

Are they still right for your .exe? And are you interested in to break the damage cap in your final mod release? Because it is sad when you have a strong attack, but it is limited to 9999 and you have in the end game to stop use it and instead use a weaker attack only because the weaker attack uses multiple hits. Maybe the damage break cap could increase the balance between the single hit attacks and multiple attacks.

Since there is only 1 HP plus materia (when i read right)  the HP cap is not really relevant, but the damage cap is. My lvl 31 cloud with a 24 attack weapon and like 70-80 str, do with the 1st limit of page two 2000 dmg sometimes even 4000 dmg.

Is it many work to implement such a thing in your mod?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-14 17:09:25 by LeOsTyLe »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: 2019-05-14 20:44:07 »
thanks for prompt reply but my game is fresh (new pc and new game! :D) So far i tried starting it and the menu at the beginning of the game adviced me of NTmod (arange or whataver is called lol) and when i got both cloud and barret it explained their passive. I will try to figure more ( i am at 1st maklo reactor just right at game beginning. Is there any other way i could double check it?= For example gaurd scorpion should have different loot or abilities during fight?

Ah I see; the checks then are:
-) Flevel: Sounds like that's patched
-) Scene.bin/Enemies: Guard Scorpion will use different abilities during the fight, specifically Magnetic Scope instead of Search Scope. Sweepers in random battles also use Search Scope before attacking.
-) Kernel: If in battle, Barret is hit by physical damage a message should appear about stacks (also, potion text will say 'restores 300HP' instead of 100hp).

In terms of breaking the 9999 damage cap. It seems only a new .exe can do this. I found the Reunion Menu Overhall Mod for 7h but it need their own .exe and a tool which removes the dmg cap, but the tool patches the .exe as well.

But i found a thread which contains the offsets of 1.02.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=4758.0

Are they still right for your .exe? And are you interested in to break the damage cap in your final mod release? Because it is sad when you have a strong attack, but it is limited to 9999 and you have in the end game to stop use it and instead use a weaker attack only because the weaker attack uses multiple hits. Maybe the damage break cap could increase the balance between the single hit attacks and multiple attacks.

Since there is only 1 HP plus materia (when i read right)  the HP cap is not really relevant, but the damage cap is. My lvl 31 cloud with a 24 attack weapon and like 70-80 str, do with the 1st limit of page two 2000 dmg sometimes even 4000 dmg.

Is it many work to implement such a thing in your mod?

It should be, the offsets in the FF7.exe (and the steam .exe) are all the same as the 1.02 exe.

kaizerlith

• View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: 2019-05-14 21:14:26 »
Very strange, might be worth doing some checks to see if mod is installed properly:
1) Kernel check, characters should have been proccing their 'innate' abilities in-battle with accompanying text. If so, then kernel is patched.
2) Field/Flevel check, were you given an option to skip the nibelheim flashback? If not, then field script isn't patched.
3) Scene.bin check, did you go up against two heligunners in the shinra hq elevator fight?

The installer targets the FF7 folder now instead of the data folder, this is to catch the .exe file as some changes are made there. One way to check is by casting MBarrier on a character and then casting Cure on them; if Cure ignores the MBarrier then the .exe is patched. Another (and more important) check is that sources give +5 per use instead of +1.

Alright so the innate abilities like Barret's att/def + or Aerith's Geomancer absorb have been popping up and do seem to actually affect his stats.
I was given the option to skip the Nibelheim flashback. I believe it said if I wanted a shortened version of it.
And yeah I did go up against the two heligunners on the elevator. One absorbed Ice.

I also add I downloaded it and installed it through 7th Heaven there was a mod Gameplay - Difficulty and Story that had New Threat in it. So maybe it is from that?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-14 21:18:58 by kaizerlith »

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: 2019-05-14 21:28:20 »
many thanks for your response! I confirm mod is installed now i have a doubt: does it allows achievements? Because i am getting them as usual! :D

i've read that a m,od should disable achievement no?

kaizerlith

• View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: 2019-05-15 04:31:25 »

Alright so the innate abilities like Barret's att/def + or Aerith's Geomancer absorb have been popping up and do seem to actually affect his stats.
I was given the option to skip the Nibelheim flashback. I believe it said if I wanted a shortened version of it.
And yeah I did go up against the two heligunners on the elevator. One absorbed Ice.

I also add I downloaded it and installed it through 7th Heaven there was a mod Gameplay - Difficulty and Story that had New Threat in it. So maybe it is from that?

So I downloaded and installed the version of New Threat off of this message board and it seems to have fixed the problem. So maybe that version in that other thing off of 7th Heaven is incomplete or something? Thanks for the help. =D

jurr

• View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: 2019-05-15 05:36:10 »
think i've encountered a bug making one of the new endgame aspects of the game unplayable.

upon reaching the bottom of the North Crater i went to go do Cloud's final limit break sidequest in the basement of Shrina Mansion. i hadn't gone back since the story had taken me there in disc 1 so the extra scene of Cloud's and Zack's escape played (first viewable after Mideel's destruction on disc 2), up until they fled Nibelheim. the Shrina HQ road chase music played briefly, after that the game hung on a black screen.

i've tried going back to an earlier save and seeing if the scene played fine to eliminate the possibility of the sidequest and scene conflicting but it still hung at the same spot regardless. a fresh install of FF7 & New Threat didn't seen to have any effect. mucked about in save editors for a while but alas couldn't find any option or variable that would allow me to mark the scene as watched.
this is the Steam version of FF7, if that helps.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

edit:
update to this: I had used the game converter for the 98 vers. on my Steam install to add some additional texture mods and had been using the ff7.exe for about 35 hours of play (up to almost finishing the game) w/o any errors or problems, until now. having the bright idea to try using the ff7_en.exe completely fixed my issue. i'm unsure if this will affect anything considering how far i am, but we'll see i suppose.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-15 06:17:39 by jurr »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: 2019-05-15 08:16:57 »
many thanks for your response! I confirm mod is installed now i have a doubt: does it allows achievements? Because i am getting them as usual! :D

i've read that a m,od should disable achievement no?

It doesn't disable them, but due to changes in the field script some don't activate anymore. Fight a battle in battle square for instance doesn't activate. But your save files work between versions so you can load a save file onto a vanilla game for instance and get achievements that are missing that way.

So I downloaded and installed the version of New Threat off of this message board and it seems to have fixed the problem. So maybe that version in that other thing off of 7th Heaven is incomplete or something? Thanks for the help. =D

The one from the catalog is an old version, 1.4 I think. The one available from the front page of this thread is up to date though.

think i've encountered a bug making one of the new endgame aspects of the game unplayable.

upon reaching the bottom of the North Crater i went to go do Cloud's final limit break sidequest in the basement of Shrina Mansion. i hadn't gone back since the story had taken me there in disc 1 so the extra scene of Cloud's and Zack's escape played (first viewable after Mideel's destruction on disc 2), up until they fled Nibelheim. the Shrina HQ road chase music played briefly, after that the game hung on a black screen.

i've tried going back to an earlier save and seeing if the scene played fine to eliminate the possibility of the sidequest and scene conflicting but it still hung at the same spot regardless. a fresh install of FF7 & New Threat didn't seen to have any effect. mucked about in save editors for a while but alas couldn't find any option or variable that would allow me to mark the scene as watched.
this is the Steam version of FF7, if that helps.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

edit:
update to this: I had used the game converter for the 98 vers. on my Steam install to add some additional texture mods and had been using the ff7.exe for about 35 hours of play (up to almost finishing the game) w/o any errors or problems, until now. having the bright idea to try using the ff7_en.exe completely fixed my issue. i'm unsure if this will affect anything considering how far i am, but we'll see i suppose.

If you used the ff7_en.exe then that will have used the Steam version files instead of the game converted ones which might mean you're playing on default files now. Was there a battle during the Zack flashback or did it just play out as it normally would?

As for the issue, it sounds like a logic problem because the game returns to certain blackbg fields for event processing and if the wrong vars are on/off, it can trigger the wrong scenes (may be why the highway music started playing briefly). If you send across your save file I can take a closer look.

jurr

• View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: 2019-05-16 02:39:08 »
It doesn't disable them, but due to changes in the field script some don't activate anymore. Fight a battle in battle square for instance doesn't activate. But your save files work between versions so you can load a save file onto a vanilla game for instance and get achievements that are missing that way.

The one from the catalog is an old version, 1.4 I think. The one available from the front page of this thread is up to date though.

If you used the ff7_en.exe then that will have used the Steam version files instead of the game converted ones which might mean you're playing on default files now. Was there a battle during the Zack flashback or did it just play out as it normally would?

As for the issue, it sounds like a logic problem because the game returns to certain blackbg fields for event processing and if the wrong vars are on/off, it can trigger the wrong scenes (may be why the highway music started playing briefly). If you send across your save file I can take a closer look.

Yeah, I'm using default Steam files now w/ your New Threat mod and the scene and new battle played out successfully with ff7_en.exe, whereas using the game converted ff7.exe it did not. I'm happy to play without high res textures if it means additional content. Loving the mod.

Here's the link to the save file I was using on the game converted if you're looking to troubleshoot that particular possible version issue or an error I created for myself lmao. If it matters, the slot you're looking for is the very last saved one with the party placed directly outside the mansion basement. Thanks a ton man!

« Last Edit: 2019-05-16 02:41:30 by jurr »

Vincent88

• View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: 2019-05-16 15:08:20 »
hi guys, I have a problem with this mod, I have the game with the pach translated into Italian, when I activate the mod the translation becomes in English how can I solve this thing?

jdubs079

• View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: 2019-05-16 17:29:18 »
Thanks for creating this mod, I'm enjoying it a ton so far!

However, I've run into the "Red XIII is missing enemy skill materia" installation issue and I'm wondering if there's any way to fix it without starting my game over?

I'm using 7th Heaven for the mod installation and I have most of the mods from the 7H guide installed along with NT.

Thanks again for all the hard work and also for being so active on this forum!

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7785 on: 2019-05-16 22:27:32 »

All right, but let me know if you notice anything off. If Sources only give +1 to the stat instead of +5 then we'll work it out from there.

I ended up downloading "The Reunion" mod that's on 7th Heaven to have Menu Overhaul and be able to play the game with 1240x710 ressolution without having to lines issue, so I'm right now using the ff7_bc.exe from your mod, still haven't even gotten out of Midgar xD and about the sources I don't know how Black Chokobo tells you how many soruces I have used, if in the original game the sources only count as 1 and with NT they count as 5, just need to know what number do I have to check on the stats window of BC to know how many sources I've "used"

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: 2019-05-16 22:53:14 »
hi guys, I have a problem with this mod, I have the game with the pach translated into Italian, when I activate the mod the translation becomes in English how can I solve this thing?

The flevel was written in English so unfortunately the patch will convert the text to that language; patching the italian translation over the mod will also prove difficult as it will likely overwrite certain scripts. The Touph Script tool may be able to do this however, if you dump all the Italian-patch text and then upload it into a NT-patched game but it's likely it'll encounter errors + some text won't be consistent with the changes even if it does work.

Thanks for creating this mod, I'm enjoying it a ton so far!

However, I've run into the "Red XIII is missing enemy skill materia" installation issue and I'm wondering if there's any way to fix it without starting my game over?

I'm using 7th Heaven for the mod installation and I have most of the mods from the 7H guide installed along with NT.

Thanks again for all the hard work and also for being so active on this forum!

This is usually caused by starting from a save file rather than a new game; the initial state for all characters (starting weapons, materia, etc.) is done when selecting New Game, so if Red XIII doesn't have Enemy Skill it's likely due to this. You'll likely be missing Barrier, Enemy Lure, Earth, Heal, Revive, Destruct, Gravity, and an Elemental Materia in addition to Yuffie's Added Effect, Time, Exit, and Enemy Away.

The starting stats of characters will also likely be wrong, and Tifa/Barret probably started with Leather Glove + Gatling Gun instead of Metal Knuckle and Assault Gun which were repurposed into triple AP weapons for later in the game.

Best way to sort this out is with a save editor. Add any of the missing Materia to your inventory (Barrier Materia should be given 5000AP as it starts with this to have MBarrier unlocked). Also, change those triple AP weapons to metal knuckle/assault gun if you have them.

Starting stats of the characters can also be changed safely, as handily they do not change upon level up (a different system involving Sources is used to raise character stats). I've written them in below, in order of STR, VIT, MAG, SPR, DEX, LCK:

Code: [Select]
Cloud: 43, 28, 27, 32, 16, 14
Barret: 45, 43, 9, 37, 8, 12
Tifa: 47, 12, 23, 18, 42, 9
Aeris: 22, 11, 47, 22, 32, 25
Red: 35, 27, 32, 25, 35, 12
Yuffie: 37, 8, 38, 11, 50, 12
Cid: 50, 34, 12, 10, 11, 90

However, if it was just the Enemy Skill that was missing and everything else mentioned was correct then maybe it's an older version where Red didn't have enemy skill? The catalog version is 1.4 and I can't remember all the changes from then and now.

I ended up downloading "The Reunion" mod that's on 7th Heaven to have Menu Overhaul and be able to play the game with 1240x710 ressolution without having to lines issue, so I'm right now using the ff7_bc.exe from your mod, still haven't even gotten out of Midgar xD and about the sources I don't know how Black Chokobo tells you how many soruces I have used, if in the original game the sources only count as 1 and with NT they count as 5, just need to know what number do I have to check on the stats window of BC to know how many sources I've "used"

When using a modified Source, the game tracks it as 5 sources used so if you used 1 source then in the save editor it'd display a value of 5 for sources used. The ff7_bc.exe is a bit of an unknown, so let me know if sources from it only raises the stat by 1.

ustanak_tr00

• View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: 2019-05-17 02:00:21 »
just had some minor/major issues with the mod...

1-tried to learn alpha from alpha zolom.. but it never casts the spell, instead it just use beta when get to mid health... if there is any special trigger for alpha, lemme know
2-ruby weapon crashes the game when it summons the tentacles
3-the sources just raises the stats by 1 instead of 5
4-when casting quake 3 on some enemies (like the new bosses), this happens:

btw... loving the game challenge  :)

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: 2019-05-17 02:56:13 »
so. here's a 7th heaven related question. so i have my button config fixed a certain way, and usually it stays consistent to what i set up. but now that i'm using 7H, whenever i have to name a character, it reverts back to the original button configuration, and then returns to normal after im done. wtf is that about? lol

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: 2019-05-17 03:08:26 »
oh boy. that's an issue. seems the materia isn't stated properly anymore with my 7H version of NT. cover is 30%, with str/vit+1 and mag/spr-1. i'm pretty sure that is NOT how you set that one up.

Unless....it's the arranged setup. cloud's fire, ice, bolt materia aren't right either.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: 2019-05-17 12:32:37 »
Looks like you turned up some mushrooms, that's all  :mrgreen:

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: 2019-05-17 13:17:08 »
just had some minor/major issues with the mod...

1-tried to learn alpha from alpha zolom.. but it never casts the spell, instead it just use beta when get to mid health... if there is any special trigger for alpha, lemme know
2-ruby weapon crashes the game when it summons the tentacles
3-the sources just raises the stats by 1 instead of 5

btw... loving the game challenge  :)

Alpha was changed I think, Zolom no longer uses it but instead uses his old trademark Beta. I'll get info on what alpha is/where when I get back from work.

Not sure about the crash, are you running any model replacers or anything like that?

You need an NT .EXE; there's some available from the IRO download folder on this thread, check the .EXE folder inside it and use the one you need (ff7.exe for 7H/1998, ff7_en.exe for steam, ff7_bc.exe is for 7H compatibility with menu overhaul).

There's an issue with the graphics driver/transparency in the game; attacks that use transparency seem to corrupt in visual memory after being used a few times or when other attacks have been used. Quake3 is by far the most noticeable one, but doesn't cause crashes fortunately. Others are much more minor like the trajectory of Oil Shot going askew after repeated uses, or Atomic Ray losing the white star effect from its blue globe.

so. here's a 7th heaven related question. so i have my button config fixed a certain way, and usually it stays consistent to what i set up. but now that i'm using 7H, whenever i have to name a character, it reverts back to the original button configuration, and then returns to normal after im done. wtf is that about? lol

When starting a new game on the 1998 version, it sets the option in Config to 'Normal' rather than custom; it'll retain your old bindings until you close the game at which point it'll revert bindings to the defaults. In order to avoid this, when starting a new game go into the party menu, into Config, and set button option to the right-hand option (custom I think, just make sure it isn't pointing at 'normal') and this way it'll retain your bindings when relaunching the game. I ran afoul of this countless times when testing on 1998 and forgetting to change button config from normal to custom, then having to re-do all my keys :c

oh boy. that's an issue. seems the materia isn't stated properly anymore with my 7H version of NT. cover is 30%, with str/vit+1 and mag/spr-1. i'm pretty sure that is NOT how you set that one up.

Unless....it's the arranged setup. cloud's fire, ice, bolt materia aren't right either.

What mods are you trying to run? Which .exe is being used?

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #7792 on: 2019-05-17 16:07:01 »
Cant remember if this question has been asked, but other than source distribution, what else was modified within the exe in 1.5?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: 2019-05-17 19:19:15 »
Cant remember if this question has been asked, but other than source distribution, what else was modified within the exe in 1.5?

They're mostly minor things:

-) Long Range flag enabled for enemies (this means that enemies can ignore back row penalties when using projectile attacks).

-) Poison status 'ticks' of damage are non-elemental; this is part of a balancing thing for enemies weak to Poison as the ticks would also deal 2x damage.

-) Sense Limit extended to 65,000HP

-) Potions, Ethers, and Hi-Potions restore the same HP in the field menu as they do in battle.

-) Cait Sith & Vincent's starting stats + equipment

-) Game Timer damage formula is *50 instead of *100 meaning the max damage is 4979 instead of 9959 (which fits better with the max HP limits of NT characters).

-) Target's Kill Count damage formula is *5 instead of *10 for same reason as above, characters like Cloud who are usually in the party get hit very hard by attacks like Everyone's Grudge so this alleviates it a bit.

-) Equipped Materia = Damage, the formula for this was changed from *1111 per Materia to *111 so max damage you can take for having 16 Materia equipped is 1776 instead of 17,776.

-) Restorative magic ignores MBarrier

-) Materia Equip Bonus/Penalties adjusted

-) Limit Breaks adjusted

I'm going to work on a maintenance patch to get rid of the .EXE dependency for Sources and make sure all the files in IRO + Installer are consistent. I'm going to try and get the IRO in the catalog updated as well assuming Alyza isn't busy as that one is 1.4. There won't be any rebalancing, etc. it'll just be getting stuff fixed up; a lot of the stuff posted in the list above isn't game-breaking if it isn't included, but getting a fifth of the intended stats is a huge potential issue so I'm going to make it like it was before...which means more button-mashing when using sources unfortunately ;I

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: 2019-05-17 21:20:39 »
Ok I came to ask something about the limit breaks,about if there are new limit breaks for the characters or no and in case there were how to obtain them, but then saw your comment about the changes on the exe and I got a few things to say about it.

-) Potions, Ethers, and Hi-Potions restore the same HP in the field menu as they do in battle.

Uhm... No my potions keep healing 100 out of battle and Hi-Potions heal 500 out of battle while they do heal 300 and 1000 in battle.

-) Restorative magic ignores MBarrier

No again. during the battle against the last boss before getting out of Midgard I used MBarrier on Red XIII since I couldn't give him Elemental Materia + Fire to protect him against the fire attacks of the boss. I had to do an emergency Cure All there and the MBarrier popped up and prevented the full effect of the heal.

This things might be because I'm using the ff7_bc.exe to be able to use "The Reiunion" mod, but reading this changes and seeing that things are not working as they should I got a feeling the Soruces are going to work like normal instead of how the mod intends them to work too. I'm about to get into the Mithril Mine so I'll know and will be able find out soon.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: 2019-05-17 21:37:29 »
Ok I came to ask something about the limit breaks,about if there are new limit breaks for the characters or no and in case there were how to obtain them, but then saw your comment about the changes on the exe and I got a few things to say about it.
Uhm... No my potions keep healing 100 out of battle and Hi-Potions heal 500 out of battle while they do heal 300 and 1000 in battle.

No again. during the battle against the last boss before getting out of Midgard I used MBarrier on Red XIII since I couldn't give him Elemental Materia + Fire to protect him against the fire attacks of the boss. I had to do an emergency Cure All there and the MBarrier popped up and prevented the full effect of the heal.

This things might be because I'm using the ff7_bc.exe to be able to use "The Reiunion" mod, but reading this changes and seeing that things are not working as they should I got a feeling the Soruces are going to work like normal instead of how the mod intends them to work too. I'm about to get into the Mithril Mine so I'll know and will be able find out soon.

It's likely the ff7_bc.exe isn't up to date; did you get it from catalog or the IRO download on this thread? I'm doing a maintenance patch to make sure everything I've got up currently is consistent.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: 2019-05-17 21:54:51 »
It's likely the ff7_bc.exe isn't up to date; did you get it from catalog or the IRO download on this thread? I'm doing a maintenance patch to make sure everything I've got up currently is consistent.

I took the Iro that you uploaded here for 1.5 with the fixed models, one that you fixed and uploaded answering to someone that said that the models of the characters in the fields weren't correct. I'm trying to get a few enemy skills and also get past the marsh to get into the Mithril Cave

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: 2019-05-17 22:05:35 »
I took the Iro that you uploaded here for 1.5 with the fixed models, one that you fixed and uploaded answering to someone that said that the models of the characters in the fields weren't correct. I'm trying to get a few enemy skills and also get past the marsh to get into the Mithril Cave

OK; I'll make sure to check through the ff7_bc.exe in there.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: 2019-05-18 02:24:04 »
Installer + IRO were updated with maintenance fixes:

Scene/Kernel
-) Added redundancy check to Reactor 1 enemies so that in the event that a late-game enemy is loaded through the default encounter table, it will report an error message to the player and then end the battle.

Flevel/Field
-) Debug script from crater removed that teleported player to the Highwind's chocobo stable; this was done a long time ago to recover players who had ventured down with a different party leader and become stuck. However, the party leader swap can now only be used after going to the bottom of north crater and then returning (original requirement).

-) Sources returned to 1:1 ratio & Sources hex removed from .EXEs

-) Added a failsafe to Zack flashback sequence to prevent Junon Leagues from triggering

.EXE
-) Fresh .EXEs generated and patched; added ff7_bc.exe to the patch targets

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: 2019-05-18 03:33:06 »
there's no IRO file on the download? you waiting to see if it gets updated on the 7H catalog? also does the Source 1:1 mean that 1 source counts as tha 1 source?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-18 03:35:06 by Iduabren »