Author Topic: Project goals  (Read 32219 times)

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
Re: Project goals
« Reply #25 on: 2009-11-14 15:31:03 »
Halkitten?  Oh... The avatar.... Right
You know we love you  :-D

Not bad for a first shot. I strongly suggest you go through the sketchup tutorials (Start with chapter 2, on the left hand side)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2_fqoCjKPM

Hehe, Yea, I guess I forgot to mention that I do 3D art for fun. It's a whole lot harder than it looks.

You want any pointers?
Pointers? Yes please!!
The one thing that was really grinding my gears about the opening scene was adding planes to the walls that were PERPENDICULAR to the floor.
3D art IS harder than it looks. I need to go through all of the tutorials. :D

D: i finally find motivation to model something, i start up and i find someone else beat me to it? FFFFFFFFUUUU-

...I think it happened again D:

I'mma just give up now.

NO. If this 2d to 3d, retexture the 3d then go back to 2d method is what it is going to take to redo these backgrounds
then this endeavor will surely take well over 9000 hours of hard, painful, sweaty, tear filled labor. That is more labor than what any one
man's body has room for.  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2009-11-14 16:27:15 by knifethesky77 »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-11-15 17:33:51 »
Hehe, Yea, I guess I forgot to mention that I do 3D art for fun. It's a whole lot harder than it looks.

kool, ye should post some of yer werk.

Aso to this sketchup business, can you export what you've done already, and i'll figure out how viable this whole method is? export model to obj or 3ds, and textures to ... any nice image format.

simon.dean

« Reply #27 on: 2010-03-17 19:53:13 »
In my meda arts class our final is to mo-cap a 30 min scene so if my friends and I start a early and remake all the cut scenes in FF7 is it posable to replace the videos in FF7 with new MP4 format videos?     

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-03-17 19:58:46 »
mo-cap 30 minutes? dats crazeh >< they should have you going on 30 seconds :P anyhow, do post the work you do, I'm eager to see how it turns out!

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-03-17 20:42:18 »
to answer your question, yes. Yes, it would be possible, assuming the codec used is supported by Aali's driver's movie plugin (I'm kind of fuzzy on which are and which aren't, especially since there have been so many released as of late)

simon.dean

« Reply #30 on: 2010-03-18 18:39:29 »
mo-cap 30 minutes? dats crazeh >< they should have you going on 30 seconds :P anyhow, do post the work you do, I'm eager to see how it turns out!

It's doesn't have to be 30 minutes straight it could be 2 seconds pieces that add up to 30 minutes, also its 30 minutes minimum. Its a hard class but its worth it...I hope :| 

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-04-28 05:26:43 »
HI guys hows the team ? Wazzupwith FF7...seeing you have your own thread....:)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-04-28 05:29:34 »
Take a look around. You will see

Larj28

« Reply #33 on: 2010-08-10 17:28:34 »
If I were to work on the background how would convert them into a file photoshop can read and back to the previous file once done?
« Last Edit: 2010-08-10 18:16:11 by Larj28 »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-08-10 18:52:37 »
If I were to work on the background how would convert them into a file photoshop can read and back to the previous file once done?

Use palmer for that.

andreese

• I'm just getting started!
    • View Profile
    • andreese
« Reply #35 on: 2010-08-22 20:01:01 »
hey guys, im new to this whole thing, but it looks like this whole project is really recent and very active ^-^ i think i may be able to help you out with background images if someone can point me in the right direction. I do a ton of work in Photoshop (all on my spare time for fun), 2D only for now but if you need someone to do those backgrounds... maybe we can work on the most prominent/important ones first.

Dang though, i had no idea there were over 600 bg's. Might be able to work out some sort of batch file to automatically fix up some of the lesser backgrounds, that way it can be cranked out very quickly. Big question is, how much of an overhaul are you looking for on these backgrounds? I know they are really bad in the original game but what kind of quality are you trying to get? Anyways, get back to me if you need some help, if nothing else i'm a big FF7 fan with some spare time :P

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-08-23 04:24:12 »
good to have ye. we're going for full high rez, high detail backgrounds, referenced directly from the original. You could get in touch with spoox and help out with textures, or do some post effects for rendered scenes.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-08-23 05:35:27 »
Dang though, i had no idea there were over 600 bg's. Might be able to work out some sort of batch file to automatically fix up some of the lesser backgrounds, that way it can be cranked out very quickly. Big question is, how much of an overhaul are you looking for on these backgrounds? I know they are really bad in the original game but what kind of quality are you trying to get? Anyways, get back to me if you need some help, if nothing else i'm a big FF7 fan with some spare time :P
For the most part they're being remade from scratch; far superior to something simple like hq4x. No batch operation could possibly achieve the level of quality being aimed for, it'll take actual human work.

Overseer X

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-09-18 15:58:48 »
Team Avalance is the definition of diligent.

Skibur

« Reply #39 on: 2011-02-08 21:34:49 »
Hi guys.

I see this topic has been quiet form some time now.

I am no graphic designer but I've always like looking into this kind of stuff.

I would be really happy to help out with this worl work. If anyone would help me out on pointing me where the files are so I can start to help out?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011-02-08 21:43:22 »
Cool, go see if you could help in some TA topics. On antoher hand, you just necroposted, so don't care if your post is deleted and/or if you are warned...

tonybscott

« Reply #41 on: 2011-02-15 07:52:55 »
Hi guys and gals thought I'd poke my head in an say hello (only joined the forum a couple of days ago!) impressive stuff you've got going on here! Out of curiosity what so of time frame have you guys set yourself on this project? Depending when you finish I may have learned the skills needed to do some 3d modelling myself, might even be able to contribute (somewhere)!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011-02-15 13:34:00 »
if yer interested start practicing. there is no definite time frame of /when/ it'll b finished, other than the day the last file is updated, so feel free to experiment, and if your work gets to the caliber required for the graphical overhaul, than we'll gladly include it.

tonybscott

« Reply #43 on: 2011-02-20 23:56:04 »
Quality stuff, I will keep you guys updated if I get anywhere. For a starter I've been able to model my first character (low poly and only chibi, but hey its a start!) cheers guys!

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011-03-04 10:29:33 »
On antoher hand, you just necroposted, so don't care if your post is deleted and/or if you are warned...

Does this necroposting paranoia affect also those non locked topics that are pinned?  ???

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011-03-04 14:36:27 »
On antoher hand, you just necroposted, so don't care if your post is deleted and/or if you are warned...

Does this necroposting paranoia affect also those non locked topics that are pinned?  ???
No, stickies are immune to it.  The only reason necroposting is a rule is to avoid those who would simply bump a topic.  The rules of the forum have been changed to better reflect what's expected of a post that bumps an old thread.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012-07-06 06:58:56 »
Well, after three years since we started discussing the remake of the 2D backgrounds, Omzy crashed into the scene offering his amazing FacePalmer. Fact is, he's started med school and seems he has hard time getting back to it.

I don't have the know-how but I am sure several TA members do and Omzy gave his blessings to anyone who would expand on his work.

There are over 250 glitched textures (not such a big amount considering that there are originally more than 3000) that need fixing and I believe it's possible to apply filters to the .png files to make it look even better.

Would anyone be interested in pursuing this?

I am sorry I can not be of any direct help but I could be a tester.

Keep up the good work, guys!

UPDATE: Omzy himself made a come back and surprised us all with a new version!  ;D
« Last Edit: 2012-07-17 14:44:40 by Salk »