Author Topic: ff7 no sound ive read alot of other sound posts on thisforum  (Read 2373 times)

c.lee

and they dont help.

hello i own ff7 platinum and my audio.dat is 68.9mb audio.fmt is 50kb.

i uninstalled all the codec packs on my pc  i had ace mega codec pack on.

i read on a post here that i needed 2 codecs (ima dcpcm audio and microsoft dcpcm) and have installed them. tried the game no sound effects.

i installed the tnt patch and no avail.

also i tried the game settings and it still doesnt have sound plz help im really baffled.

i have
win xp
256 ram
80 gig mem
pentium 4 cpu 2.40 ghz
and sis 651 card

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
ff7 no sound ive read alot of other sound posts on thisforum
« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-10 17:57:40 »
Beats me.... All I remember about that subject was a fix for Win95-98. And you can't do that fix with WinXP, because the options isn't there.

In Win9x you would go to windows add/remove programs, windows setup thing....and check Audio compression inside multimedia. The cause back then was because Audio compression wasn't checked. But WinXP doesn't have that option.

The only thing I can think of is that you have FX sound muted or lowered in you volume settings. Do you hear a chocobo chirp during the Test?

Maybe your sound card isn't compatible, or something? If you have an extra harddrive laying around....or room for a partition, you can try doing a fresh install of windows, and see what happens.... If it works, then it's some kind of software conflict. If not....probably a hardware problem.

I don't think the Yamaha drivers work with FF7....did you play around with that, maybe?

Veclord

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-10 18:43:55 »
Try to open up the test mode, and "select" your sound card from the dropdown box so that it says the name of your card instead of "primary sound".

I get a hunch it has something to do with FF7's detection of the card. Try messing with your card's hardware acceleration settings.

c.lee

« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-10 20:14:54 »
i dunno why but i cant hear the choboco sound on the left speaker