Author Topic: [SOLVED]ff7 Window Mode Troubles  (Read 6629 times)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
[SOLVED]ff7 Window Mode Troubles
« on: 2013-06-09 06:10:03 »
Hi guys.  I know I should have been able to fix or find the solution here somewhere, but I really haven't even played the PC version much, and I don't know if any of my issues are related to the fact it is a 2012 reelease that was Bootlegged to the old version.

-Windows 7 64-bit
-Running 7 through Bootlauncher
-Game runs fine in Fullscreen
-Playing with settings to try to get functional windowed mode results in:  Low Resolution blue and grey (16 color mode?) window that only displays a portion of the screen; black screen in window that is size of fullscreen
-AMD MSI 6670
-I've got AMD vision

*Have tried to capture video.  Shows black screen in window, sorry.

not sure what else you need

I don't really know much about what I'm doing with PC version, let alone with Bootloader add-on, and whether rerelease affects any of the issues I'm having.  At the same time, I'm not inept when it comes to configuring graphics options.  Not sure what the problem is.

Please let me know what other information you require OR point me to the proper thread and I will fix my own problem.  Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-09 18:58:45 by xLostWingx »

Kompass63

• View Profile
Re: ff7 Window Mode Troubles
« Reply #1 on: 2013-06-09 14:14:30 »
UAC turned off?
Off anti-virus program?
What graphics card driver you have (there are problems with Catalyst 13.4)?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-06-09 16:41:12 »
UAC Turned off.
No anti-virus active.
Catalyst 12.11

Here is what I see, except it takes up the whole screen.

Thanks for the link.  I will mess around with settings in the meantime to see if I can get it working. 

« Last Edit: 2013-06-09 17:00:07 by xLostWingx »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-06-09 16:45:56 »
Think that's a shaders problem try disabling it or if you enabled post processing too disable that

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-06-09 17:11:42 »
Think that's a shaders problem try disabling it or if you enabled post processing too disable that

No luck :(  I'm starting with barebones config settings and playing with things one at a time...

Full Screen works fine with a variety of settings.  Windowed mode always changes my whole screen's resolution and the window always takes up my whole creen regardless of what dimensions I enter.  It is always discolored like in the picture.  Config settings don't seem to change this.  So it's gotta be something with my graphics driver/settings right?  I admit, I'm no expert on getting the settings perfect, but I can usually always get functional settings in other games.  My brother would usually be able to fix this without much difficulty I imagine, but he's not around right now!

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
[SOLVED]ff7 Window Mode Troubles
« Reply #5 on: 2013-06-09 18:58:28 »
Alright I got it.

When opening the game in windowed mode, for some reason, it was changing the display settings for my desktop.  Just minimized the window, went to adapter settings, and changed them back to normal.  Window mode works fine now.  The problem should have been apparent to me in the beginning lol.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-09 20:21:39 by xLostWingx »

rhedak

• View Profile
Re: [SOLVED]ff7 Window Mode Troubles
« Reply #6 on: 2013-06-14 09:24:40 »
I have the same problem, do you now just change your desktop window settings every time?

Also since I cannot resize the window afterwards this fix only works if I run window mode in 640 x 480

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED]ff7 Window Mode Troubles
« Reply #7 on: 2013-06-15 02:01:49 »
I haven't played around with it enough to figure out any better solutions at this point.  I've been playing fullscreen, and i forget my window mode settings...I just wanted to make sure I had the capability.  Yeah I change my desktop settings each time.  I'm sure I could do some type of configuration or profile with my dekstop or gfx card settings, but I haven't gotten around to it.  let me know if you figure out anything better in the meantime.