Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 845527 times)

Vir

• View Profile
Re: [FF-IX] Hades Workshop
« Reply #200 on: 2014-07-16 23:01:18 »
When you say you saw a patch to speed the ATB, do you mean someone has made one or you see a way in game to do it? Because that'd be the #1 wish of the majority who could want a mod for FF9, I reckon.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2014-07-17 00:18:22 »
Someone has made one ^^
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1799/

I didn't test it yet, though.

itoikenza

• Chrono Cross Modder: http://pastebin.com/fuj8s836
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cross Hacking Wish List!
« Reply #202 on: 2014-07-17 00:18:40 »
whenever i save a mod as hws. i get this strange oddity, it gives the following weapon status attacks as follows.
for example: if i choose "all bad" i get "confuse+blind+mini+slow" when i reimport.

all bad= confuse+blind+mini+slow
bad breath= venom
confuse+blind+mini+slow= gradual petrify
petrify+gradual petrify= virus
vemon+poison= zombie
Death= defend
doom= regen+autolife
zombie= trouble
trouble= auto-life
blind= heat
silence= freeze
virus= bad breath
venom= shell+protect
petrify= doom
gradual petrify= vanish
mini= ko+zombie+petrify+virus
freeze= petrify
heat= death
sleep= poison
slow= stop
poison= slow
stop= sleep
beserk= all good + stop
confuse= float
all good + stop= blind
shell+ protect= beserk
regen+autolife= confuse
defend= reflect
reflect= mini
vanish= silence
protect= haste
shell= protect
float= shell
haste= all bad
regen= petrify+gradual petrify
Auto-life= venom + poison
ko+zombie+petrify+virus= ko
ko= regen

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2014-07-17 00:32:19 »
WOW! Neat! How haven't I heard of this, you know??

Is there any reason it wouldn't be compatible with the stuff we do, Tirlititi? Thanks again!

Edit:
I did some testing to see what difference it made. I started the watch when lv1 Zidane's bar emptied after completing an attack and stopped it when it seemed to first flash ready.

Sped up:
Fast ~3 seconds
Medium ~5 seconds
Slow ~12 seconds

Normal
Fast ~7 seconds
Medium ~9 seconds
Slow ~12 seconds

So the lowest setting doesn't appear to have been changed, and the other two are sped up approximately twice over.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 03:56:17 by Vir »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2014-07-17 12:05:15 »
@ Vir : For now, I'm quiet confident it is compatible. It may be not in the future but then you'll be able to change the ATB speed using HW.

@ itoikenza : Ah, yes -_- Actually, that happens as soon as you change the field. If you select another weapon and select back the weapon of which you edited the status' field, you'll have the bug happens.
I fix it for the next version, thanks a bunch.

Vir

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop
« Reply #205 on: 2014-07-17 18:09:18 »
Thanks.

About modifying the ATB with HWS.

I wanted to pass along a suggestion Atomos199 (Excalibur II Perfect Game Guide author over at GameFAQs, you know?) made. To paraphrase, it would be great if there were a mode where the ATB stopped during animations, like the Recommended mode in VII. One hitch in FF9, as you may know, is that as the ATB continues to fill during animations and the animations typically take some time, the game becomes effectively turn based. Even the slowest creature will fill its turn bar and practically input its turn in the same order since all the bars will queue up during the animations, you know?
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 20:12:57 by Vir »

itoikenza

• Chrono Cross Modder: http://pastebin.com/fuj8s836
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cross Hacking Wish List!
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.24c)
« Reply #206 on: 2014-07-18 19:58:28 »
hey Tirlititi, one more thing while i'm at it! how is it moves are instantly available without being learnable? can that be changed?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2014-07-19 21:52:54 »
@ Vir : Yeah, I got what you mean. I'll see what I can do.

@ itoikenza : You also have to add those spells in the "Ability list" of the character, in the "Stats" panel. You'll be able to adjust the AP needed there.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2014-07-19 21:59:41 »
Just if you're already going to work on that sort of thing already, that'd probably be a neat approach. Your program is already beyond satisfactory, so don't feel put upon or anything ;)

Isidore

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2014-07-30 15:44:37 »
Hi Tirlititi !
First I have to say thank you for great work on Final Fantasy IX :)

Sadly, since the latest versions of hades workshop, several problems appears to me.
Here's a little list

- When i try editing stuff like supporty abilities, some names will be messed up in the menu (but appears correctly in the editor)
Ex : "Niv+" --> ".+"
"Galenterie" --> "ure"
"Orphee" --> "e"

- Editing items seems to be pointless as the changes won't appear in game (but it does in the editor) (like getting swords usables by Djidane, or changing effects of some items)

- Changing abilities in "Stat" > "Ability list" doesn't seem to work either, as the changes won't appear ingame. 

I've tried many ways, like editing the .bin file directly in the editor, or with applying a .ppf file, but it sill doesn't work... I'm playing on the French version, and I've already tried your program last summer and everything worked perfectly ...

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2014-07-30 16:10:00 »
I think the answer to all your problems is that you use the editor's save states. You must save at a mog, reload and modifications should work fine.

Isidore

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2014-07-30 16:39:43 »
Unfortunately I don't think it's the problem, because I only save at the mog and never use the save states  :|

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2014-07-30 17:31:59 »
Humhumhum...
Then try to solve it the way I describe here. That's strange though... It shouldn't display right in the editor either if that's the problem.

I just tested the things you told me for the french version and it works fine for me.

If that still doesn't work, please send me your .hwf file and the patch you get when you export as a .ppf.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-30 17:34:12 by Tirlititi »

Isidore

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2014-07-30 19:07:08 »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2014-07-30 21:30:23 »
I'm sorry but your .ppf works fine for me...
You have renamed "Pluriche" into "Gils +", for example, and it displays well in game, as well as "Niv. +" or "Orphée". As for getting items available to other characters, you added some daggers to Marcus's weapons.

Apply your .ppf to a clean ISO, since it was created from a clean ISO (as recommended). But other than that, I don't see how you can end up with a problem of any kind :/

No problem either from the file scanning. It's all fine.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-30 21:32:32 by Tirlititi »

Isidore

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2014-07-30 23:20:00 »
So the problem should be the iso. Okay I will try again with another one.
Anyway, thank you for your help ;)

Lubdar

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2014-07-31 08:09:51 »
This doesn't by chance have the capability of viewing the summon models does it?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2014-07-31 10:01:52 »
No, it doesn't. That's not something that should be available before long. For now, the only models the program can extract are the battle scenes.

But model ripping is something that interested quiet a few people. I think you'll find some interesting things if you search for Zerox's work on the internet about that. As far as I know, Zerox has retired and doesn't rip models anymore, but she have left an incredible amount of resources - sometimes reboned/reanimated by her or other fans -. Maybe FFIX's summons are amongst them. At least I know there are summons from FFVIII.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2014-08-02 15:43:48 »
Update to 0.25 :
• Added some fields to edit in the "Stats" panel :
└─> you can now edit the commands of the characters (both normal and transe).
└─> there are also the commands temporary available, such as the theater's spells.
└─> you can change the attack boost of the trance (50% or 200%). Zidane seems to have a special trance attack modifier but I don't know what it does.
└─> you can change the initial equipment sets, the equipments characters begin with. For Beatrix and Marcus, there are two sets because they change it during the game.
• Added the last charmaps for the japanese version (so the configuration file has been updated) : kanjis of the Enemy, Field and World Map sections are now displayed properly.
• More opcodes have been identified in the script (party handling opcodes for most of them). The text and battle arguments in scripts are also displayed more accurately.
• Renamed a 【RED】 text opcode to differentiate the one for helps only and the other one.
• Fixed few bugs.

I found some other things about commands but, as I thought, these are hardcoded. I'm afraid it won't be possible to change the fixed commands "Change" and "Defend" to commands using a panel (they can be related only to instant non-targeting commands).
But I've not find everthing yet about that and that's about isolated bytes. I'd largely prefer to learn about the big picture before making it editable.

I've not found a way to manipulate the way the ATB fills. The patch didn't help me at all in fact ^^'

Also, there is a bug when editing scripts (it was already in 0.24) : it randomly makes the program crash sometimes when you click on "Edit script" in the Field panel. Editing scripts is still very limited and I have a big work to do on that so I didn't bother yet, but don't go wandering in the Field panel if you have are on an unsaved mod  :P

xenokain

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.25)
« Reply #219 on: 2014-08-03 05:55:11 »
Thanks a lot for working on this Tirlititi. The program keeps improving.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2014-08-03 20:44:32 »
Ditto!

Napha

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2014-08-04 22:28:50 »
Hey, this tool is amazing! The option to change de character commands was a great plus.

I have three questions though:

1. Is it possible to lower the item limit? Like having a maximum of 50 potions instead of 99?

2. Is it possible to cap the maximum level at, let's say, 60? I can just make the exp needed to level 61 very high, but just capping at 60 would be better.

3. Is it possible to make other summons work like Madeen, getting stronger as the summoner levels up? They use the same formula on the tool, but Madeen's way is much better IMO, it would be awesome to transfer it to the other ones.

Those are just ideas, no need to rush to it ^^

And I don't know if you know it, but some animations are in the wrong category. For example, there is an animation called "Aera (multi)" but it works just like the regular single target aera animation, just saying in case you didn't know.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2014-08-05 01:14:20 »
Hey, thanks.

1. I don't really know how to make that. Everytime you get an item in the script (in chest, during dialogs, during mini-games, etc...), there are actions to check if you have already 99 items and it displays "Can't carry more" instead of giving it. So if you want to raise or lower the limit, you have to change it everytime in the script and that would be a huge work (not to mention you can't do that until the script editor is improved).
Additionaly, that doesn't take care of items stole to enemies or dropped by them. I don't know how to change the limit for those.

2. Same for the level, I don't know how to change the limit. It should be much easier to find it, though, I guess.

3. The subtilities of summons' power is also an unknown for me. They are specially handled by the game ; Meteor is also in this case, since there is a chance for it to fail and to display the 2nd spell animation and that is persistent even if you totally change its effect.

Anyway, I'm more motivated for other things for now. I'll keep your ideas in mind, though, if I find something related to that. The level cap might be really easy if we're lucky ^^ I'll test about it.

As for the "multi" suffix, it just tells that the animation can be used for a multi-targeting spell but it can also for a single-targeting spell. The only difference between "Aera (multi)" and "Aera (single)" is that the later can't be used for a multi-targeting spell (if I recall well, but maybe I'm mistaken).
One day, I'll rewrite the spell animations' categories. There are some distinctions I should make (for instance, there are animations that are "consecutive strikes", such as Death Lvl. 5 or trance Aquarius, that can be used for global targeting but will only be launched on 4 targets maximum).

So, I have begun to make a patch (english version/french version) that enables some of the unused dialogs. Some of them have been scripted so it takes few things to unlock them. For now, I've unlocked 4 :

1) Steiner's bitterness [1/3] : there are 3 lines of dialogs here. The script and the lines themselves suggest that Steiner should only say one of them. I chose the 1st one because that's the 1st one ^^ Also, it's more substancial than the others. I don't know if it'll be possible to ever know what action you had to do to unlock whichever line ; I'm afraid it won't.

2) Good and Evil with Grampa Morrid : this one was simple to unlock. Story-wise, I think the king can't be Dagger's father because the dates don't match (Lindblum instored the peace in the era of Cid's father around 30 years before the game while Dagger's father died 6 years before). Plus Cid and Dagger's father were friends.

3) Meeting with the King and the High Priest : this one is an ATE. The game names it "The Treetop Town of Cleyra". I had to put back the dialogs and I used luksy's translation (the ATE name was already translated).

4) Reaching Cid : the game phase that comes with it is also enabled  :D

I've looked for the others too. I've found no trace of Over the roofs, Entering Burmecia (it would be hard to put it back anyway since you're not supposed to leave Lindblum before all the Hunt events) and The 2 worlds' fusion.
The Ancient World Map is actually a part of an alternate dialog when you have reached Cid in which Artania is present. I'll see if we can do something for this one latter.
The Balloon Mini-game is also present in a certain extend. I didn't find a way to properly enable it but I'm afraid it'd be full of bugs (the japanese text for it also mention that it bugs and is not very entertaining). It would have taken place on the main square of Alexandria, at the same place that the rop jumping from disc 1 (the girls scatter over the square and the boy stays on the little wood platform).

As a side note, I learned that the dialogs in the Desert Palace I thought unused are actually used ^^
The "hopeless situations" are shown when you are catched by the hedgehog pie with less than 4 or 2 minutes left. So I removed thosed dialogs from the list.

If someone wants to make a patch like this one for other langages, it will be easier once Hades Workshop can fully edit the game's script (I hex-edited it, personally). I'll share technical informations at that time.

I also plan on making a video... I'll see about it.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-05 11:09:56 by Tirlititi »

Napha

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2014-08-05 17:59:24 »
Oh, I thought changing the summons' formula would be hard, but I actually thought the item cap would be the easiest. I asked more as a matter of curiosity, as those changes would be very useful I believe, no need to worry about them ^^

And about the "Aera (multi)" animation, I guess I didn't express myself well (I'm not a native english speaker, you might have noticed)
I tried to say that even multi-targeting the enemy using the "Aera (multi)" animation I couldn't target all enemies, it just hit the rightmost enemy, just like it would happen with a single target animation. But I may just have swapped the "single" and "multi" animations, I'll check this later and edit this post to tell you what happens.

EDIT: Yes, the "Aera (multi)" animation hits only one enemy, even multi-targeted

I think the animations' tab is very well done btw, I specially like how it has some animations that wasn't even present in the game if I recall, like the "Trine" animation
« Last Edit: 2014-08-05 20:43:01 by Napha »

Isidore

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2014-08-07 10:14:56 »
Hello Tirlititi
I'm so sorry to bother you again with that, but as you can see in the pictures, there's still the same problem  :|

I've done several tests, using three different ISOs (including one made from the original FFIX disc), and on two different computers, but I still got the same problems : missing names and letters of supporting abilities, and changes in the inventory section that don't appear in the game. (and it also seem that changing the starting equipment set make the game crashes when you select the new game option)

The rest (changing effect/names of combat skills, commands, editing enemies, texts..) seems to work right.

That's a mystery to me as I don't understand what i could have done wrong...