Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4869118 times)

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.7)
« Reply #10025 on: 2020-08-04 20:51:32 »
Just to let you know, I'm getting some gil from the fights right outside Midgar on Hard Mode in Game Type B in 2.07

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #10026 on: 2020-08-04 21:08:26 »
I tried switching from hard mode to normal, in the encounter it says hard mode on, but after it says off, but the gil still won't drop from enemies, not 100% if the other things switched regarding enemy behaviour and exp though

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #10027 on: 2020-08-04 21:10:41 »
Hi sega chief, playing story B, having fun so far!
Just a quick comment.
Spoiler: show
After beating rude in the church, i went back and saw the kids. I understand why i saw the kids, but maybe you could try to change that and remove the kids, keep rude on the floor, and after you get out aerith house or some time, give back the kids. I dont know, it kinda ruins immersion, if you wanna keep it of course.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: 2020-08-04 21:21:24 »
Just to let you know, I'm getting some gil from the fights right outside Midgar on Hard Mode in Game Type B in 2.07

I'll check it out.

I tried switching from hard mode to normal, in the encounter it says hard mode on, but after it says off, but the gil still won't drop from enemies, not 100% if the other things switched regarding enemy behaviour and exp though

They would all get switched together so it sounds like the toggle has gotten messed up or something. I'll have a look into it.

Hi sega chief, playing story B, having fun so far!
Just a quick comment.
After beating rude in the church, i went back and saw the kids. I understand why i saw the kids, but maybe you could try to change that and remove the kids, keep rude on the floor, and after you get out aerith house or some time, give back the kids. I dont know, it kinda ruins immersion, if you wanna keep it of course.

I'll add that at some point but it's a finicky field to work with due to how it was originally set up.

Berub

• View Profile
« Reply #10029 on: 2020-08-04 21:23:51 »
Type B :

- In 7th Heaven, after you sleep in the bar, Tifa says she'll join the next mission (as if she didn't before).
- In the train afer, Cloud asks why she'd come anyway (same).
- In Wall Market, I picked up the coupon, then medicine, then sexy cologne, but they don't seem to be useful (unless it comes later).

Also, Cloud's innate seems to last multiple turns (or time based). It complicates morphing bosses a little.

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: 2020-08-04 21:31:25 »
I'll add that at some point but it's a finicky field to work with due to how it was originally set up.
Of course my man, im not complaining, im just saying. I didnt mean to sound like i was giving you orders or something.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: 2020-08-04 21:44:36 »
Not sure what type of problem it is but, on type b on the boat towards Costa del Sol, Barret mentions
Sector 7, Biggs, Jessie and Wedge
if when I switched hard modes the game switched from type B to type A or if it's a known thing

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: 2020-08-04 22:26:28 »
Type B :

- In 7th Heaven, after you sleep in the bar, Tifa says she'll join the next mission (as if she didn't before).
- In the train afer, Cloud asks why she'd come anyway (same).
- In Wall Market, I picked up the coupon, then medicine, then sexy cologne, but they don't seem to be useful (unless it comes later).

Also, Cloud's innate seems to last multiple turns (or time based). It complicates morphing bosses a little.

Cloud's innate is 'set' when Defend is used and will last until it is procced. If you need to disarm it, then I guess you could try attacking him with another character; he should counter them (this is something I need to look into as I don't want this proccing when, say, Aeris uses a healing stave).

I'll pick up the dialogue bits and ends. Not sure what to do with the wall market key items, maybe I can sort something for that in a 2.1 content update but that'll be a ways off.

Not sure what type of problem it is but, on type b on the boat towards Costa del Sol, Barret mentions
Sector 7, Biggs, Jessie and Wedge
if when I switched hard modes the game switched from type B to type A or if it's a known thing

I remember adding a check there, maybe it's been set up wrong.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #10033 on: 2020-08-04 22:42:39 »
Some more stuff I forgot to mention
There's also mention of "badly hurting Rufus/president in Kalm, and Aeris mentioning the Black Materia while on the bed in Costa del Sol

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: 2020-08-04 22:59:11 »
Some more stuff I forgot to mention
There's also mention of "badly hurting Rufus/president in Kalm, and Aeris mentioning the Black Materia while on the bed in Costa del Sol

I think Black Materia is mentioned on the cargo ship in NT, a bit earlier than usual. I'll check what she says. As for the rufus thing, I'll sort that out.

gnollboll

• View Profile
« Reply #10035 on: 2020-08-04 23:04:54 »
Just out of curiosity, in Type B there seemed to be quite some changes in Midgar, but afterwards (just about to get to Corel prison) it feels a lot like Type A, guessing this is intended right?

Concession

• View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: 2020-08-04 23:28:07 »
Thanks for the mod. It's pretty fun

I'm on 2.05 and just had the game throw an exception in the Corel Prison Desert fighting a cactaur. It used 1000 needles to kill Barret and the game froze as I was waiting for Tifa to throw a phoenix down. It was almost dead.

Berub

• View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: 2020-08-04 23:50:18 »
Cloud's innate is 'set' when Defend is used and will last until it is procced. If you need to disarm it, then I guess you could try attacking him with another character; he should counter them (this is something I need to look into as I don't want this proccing when, say, Aeris uses a healing stave).
I just tested and it triggers multiple times, until another action is queued. Tested against Eligor, put Cloud on defense in the beginning of the fight and healed with Aeris; didn't choose any action for Cloud until the end. Cloud countered 6 times.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: 2020-08-05 00:32:15 »
Just out of curiosity, in Type B there seemed to be quite some changes in Midgar, but afterwards (just about to get to Corel prison) it feels a lot like Type A, guessing this is intended right?

Yeah, the changes are a bit less drastic out of Midgar. I think the heaviest scene editing beyond Midgar was in the Weapon Raid for Junon, other areas are more minor like Mt. Nibel. The Midgar sequence beyond the alternate entrance to Reactor 5 didn't actually exist before Type A was released, I did the whole thing in about a week and a half roughly.

Thanks for the mod. It's pretty fun

I'm on 2.05 and just had the game throw an exception in the Corel Prison Desert fighting a cactaur. It used 1000 needles to kill Barret and the game froze as I was waiting for Tifa to throw a phoenix down. It was almost dead.

I'll sort him out.

I just tested and it triggers multiple times, until another action is queued. Tested against Eligor, put Cloud on defense in the beginning of the fight and healed with Aeris; didn't choose any action for Cloud until the end. Cloud countered 6 times.

Ah, so if he stays in the Defend state then it continues to proc. Maybe that's not a bad thing; if you want to cancel the Defend status then an action like Change should do it.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: 2020-08-05 01:01:10 »
I went past the vending machine, deciding a
Hero Drink Classic
wasn't worth the wait, and came across an event glitch I believe has been brought up before. After rescuing
Elmyra
from the jail cells (which played out as intended), the event cut to the bloodied hallways and Red sitting by the broken Jenova cell, telling me that Jenova had fled to the upper floors (despite never having met Red yet). I'm on version 2.0.7

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: 2020-08-05 02:21:04 »
I went past the vending machine, deciding a
Hero Drink Classic
wasn't worth the wait, and came across an event glitch I believe has been brought up before. After rescuing
Elmyra
from the jail cells (which played out as intended), the event cut to the bloodied hallways and Red sitting by the broken Jenova cell, telling me that Jenova had fled to the upper floors (despite never having met Red yet). I'm on version 2.0.7

I think I updated the 2.0.7 version with a fix for that, but it can be fixed in-game; load the save file at floor 67, return to the jail cell screen, then when you come out you'll be on the right version of floor 67.

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: 2020-08-05 02:44:01 »
Im in story B 2.0.7 just entering mythril cave, the game crashed when i entered the room where Rude + elena is supposed to be (i supposed isnt gonna be rude this time), but you get the idea. I dont know if someone else have said anything about it, but it just crashed, if you can check it out, please!

EDIT: i just checked again and it run normally. I dont know what happened, it was just a random crash. I dont know if its a different situation, but the first time i went to the right to get the materia/items. Now i just went immediately and it went without problems.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-05 02:46:55 by Metsys »

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: 2020-08-05 03:57:10 »
Unfortunately the Junon Rufus send-off was a bit harder for me with the command text replaced with Playstation buttons, as I've only ever played on the PC. Is the reward cutoff still at 100+?

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: 2020-08-05 05:53:53 »
Edit: question was already answered, oops. (Don't know if I can remove my own messages)
« Last Edit: 2020-08-05 06:03:00 by kamekaz3 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: 2020-08-05 15:52:01 »
Im in story B 2.0.7 just entering mythril cave, the game crashed when i entered the room where Rude + elena is supposed to be (i supposed isnt gonna be rude this time), but you get the idea. I dont know if someone else have said anything about it, but it just crashed, if you can check it out, please!

EDIT: i just checked again and it run normally. I dont know what happened, it was just a random crash. I dont know if its a different situation, but the first time i went to the right to get the materia/items. Now i just went immediately and it went without problems.

I'll have a look, I think this exact thing happened with someone else; they got a crash on that screen but only the first time. Will have a look through for anything unusual.

Unfortunately the Junon Rufus send-off was a bit harder for me with the command text replaced with Playstation buttons, as I've only ever played on the PC. Is the reward cutoff still at 100+?

100 is still the cut-off; you get a Silver Armlet for it.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: 2020-08-05 17:11:56 »
Well, the boss that replace the boss when ya meet red13 wasn't a big deal to kill.   He spammed blizzard on himself until he killed himself o.o...  I even timed a morph right after the last blizzard he didn't give anything ='(   also dude in kalm talks about injuring the new president badly.  Cloud admits to it but that isn't what happened in type B

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: 2020-08-05 17:23:58 »
Well, the boss that replace the boss when ya meet red13 wasn't a big deal to kill.   He spammed blizzard on himself until he killed himself o.o...  I even timed a morph right after the last blizzard he didn't give anything ='(   also dude in kalm talks about injuring the new president badly.  Cloud admits to it but that isn't what happened in type B

I've got both of these in the new patch that'll be going up later.

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: 2020-08-05 17:49:44 »
I am having problems with two Fort Condor battles when Cloud is alone and I have no access to PHS and becasue of that cannot get other team members equipment.
Wanted to fight the Boss right away (ignoring the minigame) but its extremelly difficult. I am trying to exp to get stronger but it takes forever I have lvl 21 and he still kills me with two ground attack which he uses constantly. I don't want to skip it or load the save before Bottomswell fight...
Is there a way to get to equipment from other characters and unwear them?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: 2020-08-05 18:00:52 »
I am having problems with two Fort Condor battles when Cloud is alone and I have no access to PHS and becasue of that cannot get other team members equipment.
Wanted to fight the Boss right away (ignoring the minigame) but its extremelly difficult. I am trying to exp to get stronger but it takes forever I have lvl 21 and he still kills me with two ground attack which he uses constantly. I don't want to skip it or load the save before Bottomswell fight...
Is there a way to get to equipment from other characters and unwear them?

Well, first of all the enemy commanders don't give any EXP, Gil, AP, or items in NT 2.0 so there's no reason to be fighting them, let alone with a solo Cloud. You also don't get the special item for the battle if you fight the enemy commander instead of repelling the invasion within the minigame (same as vanilla).

The refund cost for units was raised to 400gil which is the same hiring price for the standard all-rounder units, so if Gil is an issue then you could invest in those and assuming losses aren't heavy, you'll get 100% of the gil you spent on those units back. Using the swarm method, where you place one unit at the red line, start the battle, then continually place units to push the red line down before placing 3 or so units on both lanes to quickly kill the solo enemy to end it early, you can get the minigame over and done with in less than a minute.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-05 18:04:43 by Sega Chief »

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: 2020-08-05 18:04:29 »
Well, first of all the enemy commanders don't give any EXP, Gil, AP, or items in NT 2.0 so there's no reason to be fighting them, let alone with a solo Cloud. You also don't get the special item for the battle if you fight the enemy commander instead of repelling the invasion within the minigame (same as vanilla).

The refund cost for units was raised to 400gil which is the same hiring price for the standard all-rounder units, so if Gil is an issue then you could invest in those and assuming losses aren't heavy, you'll get 100% of the gil you spent on those units back.

ohh crap so I need to reload to before the first fort condor fight, got it thanks.

what about the part about removing equipment from the team members that are not accessible at the moment?
« Last Edit: 2020-08-05 18:07:10 by boozek »