Author Topic: .  (Read 1765 times)

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« on: 2012-07-20 03:59:55 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:25:08 by Jenova's Witness »

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
Re: Lazy Bastard
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-25 17:25:43 »
It was a coincidence, really. I started playing FF7 on my Galaxy Tab, since it had finally been long enough for me to enjoy the game again, and because I happen to have my tablet with me most of the time. A few days after I began playing, I heard about the FF7 PC re-release, although that doesn't interest me much. That got me searching for various other news related to Square-Enix's position on an FF7 remake, and I stumbled onto the Qhimm.com forums. I'd known about Qhimm.com for quite a while, having played a Triple Triad clone here years ago and fiddled with various tools Qhimm had made, but I wasn't aware of the community itself until now. I started looking at some of the tools that had been built, and realized that it wouldn't be impossible for someone to create entirely new content, using the existing FF7 engine/graphics/sound/etc. This gave rise to my prequel concept, which should be ready for a demo (proof-of-concept, really) release in a week or so.

GameHacking.org has little to do with my interest in modding FF7, aside from it being the place I founded after extensively RAM-hacking FF7, among other games, using a GameShark Pro and other tools (of course, I continued to do so). As far as what's going on there in general, you can always catch the headlines on the main page, or drop by the forums for the details :)
« Last Edit: 2012-07-25 17:27:35 by Lazy Bastard »