Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2432702 times)

Akitu

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1700 on: 2013-09-28 21:54:30 »
Logitechs are great controllers, but the firmware sucks. I have a F710, and installed the xbox 360 firmware. Install this: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows then just add the firmware to the controller in device manager. Mine also has X and D inputs. I use D with Pinnacle and map the controls to match the old ps1.

I couldn't get it to work just with the pinnacle profiler, so I downloaded a premade profile from their website. All seems to be working well aside from the fact it won't allow me to change which of my 2 controllers is to be controlling the game. Thanks!

Upon boot, I'm still having the multiple selection problem. eg. I will press X once and it will press multiple times.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-28 22:07:28 by Akitu »

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: 2013-09-29 10:20:33 »
After moving away red_00 from Final Fantasy VII\textures\avatar  and  Final Fantasy VII\mods\Bootleg\menu  the problem still persists. I noticed it only happens inside Wutai and only in the very first image. Then, I found out the problem has something to do with that field image. That black japanese-like letter on my avatar is one of the letters of one of the stores there. I still don't know why the materia is also shown on the avatar lol but I suppose it's due to my save model. (the one that looks like FFX save but with the materias flying around it)
I also get the "UNEXPECTED: zero count" line.
With all this, I don't think there's some kind of fix for my problem lol.

UPDATE: This issue with RedXIII's avatar happens on every place where there's a save point, so forget all I just said and the japanese letter, I'm now 100% sure it has something to do with the save point model I use and it's red materia. Namely the red.tex file most probably, it seems to be in conflict with RedXIII's avatar file (probably named red_00.tex I suppose).
I will personally talk with this save point model's owner and try to see what I can do from here.

UPDATE 2: Fixed. For anyone also having this issue, extract the files from char.lgp and rename the red.tex to reda.tex (for example), then, join all the files into a new char.lgp and voilá no more RedXIII avatar glitch. ^^
I figured out it was indeed a conflict between the red materia from the rotating materia-like save point (red.tex), and RedXIII's avatar from the menu_us.lgp (red.tex). Both had the same name, thus the problem.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-29 14:10:11 by Squall_1904 »

CplDingo1987

• View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: 2013-10-02 01:58:22 »
So.... I played this mod a while ago...loved it. Went to go play today and my aspect ratio is all screwed in game. What I mean is a large portion of the game is off the screen. I have this same problem with Half Life 1, I was able to get around it via windowed mode, but not for this.
I did change my card from a GTX 260 to a 660. Shaders and Post Processing are off, I don't know what to do. I've tried changing options in the configurator, but it tells me opengl is broken, none of the others work. I've tried messing with the Nvidia control panel but only made it worse. I dont think its the mods fault, I dont really know. I also believe there is no fix for this. Shame...
At least I have memories....

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1703 on: 2013-10-02 04:12:41 »
So.... I played this mod a while ago...loved it. Went to go play today and my aspect ratio is all screwed in game. What I mean is a large portion of the game is off the screen. I have this same problem with Half Life 1, I was able to get around it via windowed mode, but not for this.
I did change my card from a GTX 260 to a 660. Shaders and Post Processing are off, I don't know what to do. I've tried changing options in the configurator, but it tells me opengl is broken, none of the others work. I've tried messing with the Nvidia control panel but only made it worse. I dont think its the mods fault, I dont really know. I also believe there is no fix for this. Shame...
At least I have memories....

Post the APP.log file. What driver version are you using?

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: 2013-10-02 06:04:36 »
Strange. I've just reached the snowfields. Aren't there any Cloud models for the snowboard?  O.o I find it odd to be using the very original one.

CplDingo1987

• View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: 2013-10-02 09:18:30 »
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 660/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1920x1080, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: F:\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

327.23 geforce driver

The mod worked just fine 4 months ago

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: 2013-10-02 14:50:55 »
Went to go play today and my aspect ratio is all screwed in game. What I mean is a large portion of the game is off the screen.

Perhaps the following can help:

1) Run "[Gamedir]\FF7Config.exe"
2) Goto Tab "Graphics"
3) Select "Direct3D Hardware Acceleration", "640 x 480 16bpp (Full Screen)", "NVIDIA", "TNT"

4) Press "OK"

5) Run "[Gamedir]\FF7Config.exe" again
6) Goto Tab "Graphics" and Select "Custom driver"

7) Press "OK"

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #1707 on: 2013-10-02 16:53:45 »
Strange. I've just reached the snowfields. Aren't there any Cloud models for the snowboard?  O.o I find it odd to be using the very original one.

It's in the SNOWBOARD-US.LGP minigame file. I haven't opened it in awhile but I remember it's not the same as the other models and wont be as easy to edit.

CplDingo1987

• View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: 2013-10-03 05:15:16 »

I tried what you told me to do Kompass63, but the problem persists. The configurator is also cut off inside its box and I cannot resize it. The same thing in game.

« Last Edit: 2013-10-03 05:26:56 by CplDingo1987 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: 2013-10-03 05:36:18 »
Try running the 314.22 drivers.

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: 2013-10-03 21:17:33 »
It's in the SNOWBOARD-US.LGP minigame file. I haven't opened it in awhile but I remember it's not the same as the other models and wont be as easy to edit.

Oh ok, thanks for the intel. :)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: 2013-10-04 17:28:59 »
Just bought the steam version today all i wanted to know is after i convert it to be able to use Bootleg later can i turn it back to normal and it will integrate with steam again accessing achievements still etc ?
If not it's cool just wondering..

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: 2013-10-04 18:52:39 »
I think you'll have to go in Steam and click "delete local content" and then re-install.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: 2013-10-04 19:22:37 »
Yeah think that'l work, thanks :)

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: 2013-10-04 19:24:35 »
You'll also have to clear out your installation folder.

Akitu

• View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: 2013-10-04 22:18:47 »
I couldn't get it to work just with the pinnacle profiler, so I downloaded a premade profile from their website. All seems to be working well aside from the fact it won't allow me to change which of my 2 controllers is to be controlling the game. Thanks!

Upon boot, I'm still having the multiple selection problem. eg. I will press X once and it will press multiple times.

I can't seem to resolve this issue. Even with the pinnacle controller mapping I'm unable to use my gamepad properly. I suppose I could just suffer and use the keyboard, but I want that retro feel I got from playing on the PSX.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: 2013-10-05 21:55:36 »
I just got this on Deviantart, gonna paste it here so someone can help her.

You're the one who made this awesome Aeris Patch, aren't you? I know you from the qhimm forum and I want to try your mod so badly! But may I ask you a question?

I installed your patch via Bootleg, everything went fine, but Aerith is still invisible and the game freezes on some part where Aerith should appear. I made her visible in the PHS with Black Chocobo and I'm still searching for a solution, because I just don't know how to fix this problem and what I did wrong...the installation was made with Bootleg and the Princess Guard+ is available, too.

I gave up and decided to ask the author himself of this awesome patch... .w. It would be nice to hear from you and your good work!

Thanks for doing this, I'm a huge Aerith fan! >//<

Try installing it again, if she's not there at all then it's not installed properly.

Sorry to annoy you again, but I installed everything with the Bootleg Tutorial again and every other mod is working as well, only Aeris is not there, even If I take her back with Black Chocobo...do you have any other suggestions? I also added your Aerith patch files with the LGP-Tool manually, but this won't make a difference. Is there a special setting I have to tick in the BFE or something? Thanks for your help anyway

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #1717 on: 2013-10-06 02:41:05 »
I can't seem to resolve this issue. Even with the pinnacle controller mapping I'm unable to use my gamepad properly. I suppose I could just suffer and use the keyboard, but I want that retro feel I got from playing on the PSX.

Here use this: http://www.mediafire.com/view/muit00xtpc8qtuq/Final_Fantasy_VII.pin It's my game profile, I made it to match the psx controls exactly. I'm not sure of compatibility as far as Logitech rumble pads vs 360 windows controllers but it may work for anyone who wants to try it. I used the D input setting for older games (logitech cordless rumble pad firmware) so I could use L2 and R2 since for some reason it used the joystick buttons instead on X input, which uses the 360 firmware. It'll word either way though.

I'm not sure what you mean about choosing from which controller it uses. The system will pick which is dominant, probably by which usb port they use. If it's still a problem just unplug one.

Israphil

• View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: 2013-10-06 21:52:03 »
Hey guys! Decided to go thourgh FF7 and heard about this awesome mod but can't make it work. Here are some details:

I run on Windows 8@64. My game is on steam. I put the patch directly on the steams/FF7 folder. My steam games are all relocated on a non-system hard drive.

I followed all the step on the tutorial, didn't get any error message but when I was launching the game, I'd get a black screen followed by a windows error box that forces me to close the game.

I chose my sound driver, I'm launching through FF7BootLoader and specified via the Nvdia control panel to not use the integrated graphic but the high performance ones.
Here was my applog:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 765M/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1600x900, output resolution 1600x900, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

That's it. The windows error box was saying this (sorry for the french, my OS is in French):
Signature du problème :
  Nom d’événement de problème:   BEX
  Nom de l’application:   FF7.exe
  Version de l’application:   0.0.0.0
  Horodatage de l’application:   35feae6f
  Nom du module par défaut:   ff7_opengl.fgd
  Version du module par défaut:   0.0.0.0
  Horodateur du module par défaut:   4dfd1f39
  Décalage de l’exception:   0002b8a4
  Code de l’exception:   c0000417
  Données d’exception:   00000000
  Version du système:   6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48
  Identificateur de paramètres régionaux:   1036
  Information supplémentaire n° 1:   667e
  Information supplémentaire n° 2:   667ece240e97e09bfb4cfda33032a805
  Information supplémentaire n° 3:   1229
  Information supplémentaire n° 4:   1229e5a14dd16b48929606d89fc5aa4d

So i figured something was wrong with ff7_opengl.fgd. I did my research, and followed this tutorial to try solve the problem : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.25

I did a backup of my first install  + modding before that though. Now I still have the black screen, then the game quit without any windows error message, here is the newapplog :
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.6b
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 765M/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1600x900, output resolution 1200x900, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: D:\Gaming stuff\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
Failed to load: D:\Gaming stuff\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\Data\battle/battle.lgp
I chekd, I don't have any Battle.lgp files in my folder...
I don't understand where the problem is coming from, if anybody has an idea... Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: 2013-10-06 22:30:35 by Israphil »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: 2013-10-07 00:22:22 »
Whatever you did, you either moved or deleted your battle.lgp. I don't know what could have caused that.

Israphil

• View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: 2013-10-07 00:31:50 »
Got my mistake. I missed the step 1 on first install -_-. Uninstalled evrything and modded again, works like a charm! I'm only at intro and I can't see the weapons on mercenaries Avalanche, but nothing hard.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: 2013-10-07 00:46:53 »
They don't have weapons, they just act like they're holding guns. That's not a glitch, just poor design choice by Square.

johnfloyd

• View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: 2013-10-07 16:01:22 »
I just picked up FF7 on steam this weekend and would like to play it with this mod, but I'm unable to download Avalanche GUI 2.0.8 anywhere. Most sites I go to say the file no longer exists, and the few that let me download it, the file disappears when it reaches my computer. I even downloaded it to a zip disk on a mac where I could see the full file (roughly 7.1 MB) was there, but when I moved the zip disk to my PC the Avalanche file was suddenly reduced to 4 KB.

Is anyone else experience a similar issue? Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: 2013-10-07 16:16:09 »
I just picked up FF7 on steam this weekend and would like to play it with this mod, but I'm unable to download Avalanche GUI 2.0.8 anywhere. Most sites I go to say the file no longer exists, and the few that let me download it, the file disappears when it reaches my computer. I even downloaded it to a zip disk on a mac where I could see the full file (roughly 7.1 MB) was there, but when I moved the zip disk to my PC the Avalanche file was suddenly reduced to 4 KB.

Is anyone else experience a similar issue? Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Here you go. ^^ https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7ZrngjoUqm-bjRSMldBaWFZa1E/edit?usp=drive_web&urp=http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic%3D12503.0&pli=1

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: 2013-10-07 16:59:18 »
It sounds like your AV program is deleting it. I'm pretty sure the Avalanche GUI produces a false positive for some AV programs.