Author Topic: [REL] Timu Sumisu & Millenia's HQ Barret Field with HQ AM Canon  (Read 67057 times)

Kyo13

• View Profile
Hi everyone,

EDIT : I make an edit on top but it's volontary because my message is a block !

So, because I received authorization from Timu Sumisu for releasing my converted HQ Barret field (can been seen on that topic), I edited topic's title. As a beginner, I'm doing my best to have valuable models, but I know it's not perfect, so please, be indulgent (as for my english, because I'm french ^^)

I have to thanks many poeple for this field model :
- Original Model : Timu Sumisu & Millenia
- Converted Field Model : Megaten (his model helped me at first, understanding and doing it)
- Model Fix : Obesebear (pointing legs lenght problem, I done my best to resolve), Grimmy (helped me on improving my model on my last left leg problem)

Of course without them, and many more, I couldn't do it. So many thanks to all of them and others FF7 modders who motivated me by their mods.

Well, I have labelled it with my nick, without forgetting original authors (as you'll see, RAR file is named T&M for Timu sumisu and Millenia. Sorry it's a way shorter ^^ Readme file give credits to them too... and for those you don't know how to use it, it's on the readme too (NOTE : you will need HQ Barret Battle model by Timu Sumisu & Millenia in order to have battle model of weapon ingame ! Shared texture !)

Now here links :

As I said, it's not perfect, some said there's still a legs/arms ratio problem, I tried to fix it but result wasn't good enough for me, so feel free to do what you want with it, BUT don't forget to credit ORIGINAL authors, I mean NOT me !

OLD TOPIC : I'm back since my first contact with this forum and modding FF7. I've used time to understand and did what others wishes (and I don't doubt, what others have done), converting HQ Barret battle to field.

I have to thanks too many people for that.... to start, Borde, Mirex, and all of those who make it possible ! Without their programs this will be hard....  Many thanks to those who helped me understanding FF7 modding, no private message, I've found tutorials by Trish (Mike Strife) and cie... Not really appreciated in the community by their models import, but well, they know how to do it... so thanks to them, they have learned me more than one trick by their tutorials !

I have to thanks Megaten too, because I've used his field model to redone the original Barret, some who knows modding, will see, I haven't only modified the texture...

I would like to add to anyone who love FF7 like I love FF7, who would like to do their modd too, just be VERY patient, it need time, a lot of time, you know, is forging that one becomes blacksmith... Now I have my first working model, and believe me, this is the start ^^

Now, I will not release the model for the moment, need to have a validation by Timu and/or Millenia and Megaten to release it (I think it's normal !).

I am waiting for an answer for releasing it or not... I know I'm not the only one who was searching for the original T&M Barret for field.

A little view :

Have a nice day ! :) One again, many thanks to all of them who make it possible !

EDIT : Fully tested models (Barret normal, Barret with parachute and Barret with two arms) without glitches or bug (modders know what I'm talking about...)

PS : Yeah he have a HQ AM Canon... it takes me so little time to do this... I didn''t understand why anybody have done this weapon.... the texture by Millenia was for the full weapon.... But I agree, it could be better, just my first shot, ported to battle too...
« Last Edit: 2012-01-14 01:58:18 by Kyo13 »

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: [Complete] Timu Sumisu & Millenia's HQ Barret Field
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-07 14:59:06 »
1st, his legs are much too short, you'll need to lengthen the bones for them.  2nd, what's going on around his neck area?  It seems to be a different color like a necklace or something.
3rd, post a vid of it in game please.

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-07 19:03:05 »
Hey good job with the model. I would like to have the AM Canon  :). Great job with this too. I can do the rest of the model like you but I prefer to wait the complete model of Barret for doing the conversion to field.
1st, his legs are much too short, you'll need to lengthen the bones for them.  2nd, what's going on around his neck area?  It seems to be a different color like a necklace or something.
3rd, post a vid of it in game please.
Yes, I want to see a vid with this model in action too. =)

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-01-07 22:44:42 »
Thanks AlbusJC :) But I didn't really understand what you mean when you tell you are waiting for the complete model of Barret for doing the conversion to field ?! The model is complete.... For the weapon I will share with pleasure, like the field model !

Obesebear, I was really proud of my first converted model....  first when I've see your answer I was a little upset, then I chcked it..... wow ! No way you were absolutely right !!!

In fact like I've said, i've used the Megaten's field model, and did not resized the legs (or others parts). In fact I've realized  that the legs was really badly oriented, because you can see at the texture's color, the front was on the back, etc....

So now, I'm not really proud anymore, but I've started fixing the problems taking your advices under consideration. So here is a little WIP screen. ... Oh thanks to you too ^^

Be sure it will be fixed by the night, and for sure, you will have the vid of it in game (using FRAPS, right ?!) :)

So, see you later !

The old one, with the WIP, to compare :

« Last Edit: 2012-01-07 22:55:58 by Kyo13 »

Livesey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-01-08 03:01:45 »
It looks like it's coming along great, the legs almost seem too long for my eye now though, it is an untrained eye so don't take my comments too heavily,

Keep up the good work I'm looking foward to seeing the final peice.

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-01-08 03:35:47 »
Thanks AlbusJC :) But I didn't really understand what you mean when you tell you are waiting for the complete model of Barret for doing the conversion to field ?! The model is complete.... For the weapon I will share with pleasure, like the field model !
I meant the author is planning to do some modifications with this model.
Wow this model is better than the old one. keep up your great job =)

royalmurder

• View Profile
    • Ian Merryweather
« Reply #6 on: 2012-01-08 05:02:41 »
it's lookin good! so long as the legs work fine, I don't see too much of a problem (they should be slightly longer than his arms, and they seem to be so - so it looks to be rather well proportioned).

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-01-08 06:03:59 »
too cool your barret model:O

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-01-08 12:32:14 »
I meant the author is planning to do some modifications with this model.
Wow this model is better than the old one. keep up your great job =)

Oh yeah I've read that Timu want to make an update of Barret, but if I'm right, it was a little time ago.... but now I see what you mean ! In fact I find the actual Barret really nice (I mean Timu and Millenia have allready made a great work on it for me), so I convert it ^^ I will see in time if Timu update it ! :)

Thanks to all for your comments !

Livesey I was asking myself if the legs were not too long now, I was hoping Obsebear's advice for this, but not for the moment :/

In fact, I have imported the legs from battle model and rescaled it, so I've used the lenght of the original legs. Let's test it and see...

In my way to make a vid ingame (there still one problem, I don't success to resolve :( )

Screen : (probelm is the left leg, right on the screen, the down part is not really in right place I think, but I don't success to do better :( ) :

Just give me the time to make a vid, upload it, and its ok ! :) (I have to make the changes for the parachute field model, and two arms field model too).

I have made another short vid, showing (briefly) the HQ AM Canon in battle. Will upload it after the field. Like I've said about the problem on the left leg (on the right on Kimera), we can see it ingame :( (well, I know the problem, so I only see that ! lol).

Again thanks to all for your comments, and to those you give me advices to make it better !

EDIT : I've down the resolution to 720p for the vid, 1080p was a way too big in term of size (MB) for the vid ^^ (I have to say, I made my conversion on a 32" HD TV with 720p resolution and 1080p ingame, don't have any LCD monitor anymore, so understand that I see defects in big ! Hard to be really satisfied of the port on that condition)
Normal Barret Field Vid & AM Canon Battle Vid

Please watch it and let me know your opinion ! :)

Again I would like to share, but I can't without permission ! Maybe I can release the HQ AM Canon (field and battle, only the second part, the down one, the weapon so, not the part on the arm) because it wasn't made, but I've used Millenia's texture... Maybe I can contact him via his website to know if I can release the AM Canon (don't know when he will come here...).
« Last Edit: 2012-01-08 15:53:35 by Kyo13 »

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-01-09 07:30:59 »
too cool:D i want it :P joke

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-01-09 12:50:29 »
Thanks ff7maniac ! But it's not as cool as it, due to the leg problem :/ Well not really bad I agree.

Anyway, I have done something else, making a HQ weapon was great, but keeping canons (the six canons of the weapon) that were not cylindrical was not really great :/ So....

Here is a pic of the old and the new HQ weapon...

Not perfect, but better ^^

msifreakster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-01-09 15:19:17 »
I really like this model but I have to agree, the legs look a bit long, not a lot but a bit. The arms also look a bit short to me, it may be because of the legs however and if the legs were a little shorter it may look right. Other than that I think this is perfect.

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-01-09 17:27:55 »
Thanks again,

msifreakster, I understand what you said, and what others said concerning the lenght of legs and/or arms, but like I've said, concerning the legs lenght, I've used the parts of the legs from the battle model and rescaled it (I mean conserving ratio. Example if I remove 10 on X scaling, then I remove 10 too on Y and Z scaling). This is the way I have determinated legs lenght in fact, and think it should be good.

Concerning the arms, I do not have do this. So I agree maybe for some poeple this must be a ratio problem, but I keep on looking the model and find it nice as it :/

Maybe I need to see an ophthalmologist, but I prefer to keep the legs and arms ratio as it :/

Anyway, This is not a criticism, and I thanks all of you for your comments ! Starting by Obesebear, showing me big mistakes on my model.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-09 17:31:59 by Kyo13 »

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012-01-09 17:54:37 »
i like this model really:)

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: 2012-01-10 04:04:55 »
Really like your adaptation of the Battle model. Your videos show a little bit of lagginess in the model. Such as the jump, the body is so stiff, granted, the original was very stiff, but the low-res texture made it okay. I'm not an expert on any mechanical engineering of the game, but I would suggest comparing your Barret to the original's size. The fact that your model is more fairly/properly proportioned may be whats giving it that sense of buggy-ness. I'm sure with help from any of the talented people on this forum your model would fit for a splendid field model.

I don't see why the authors of the original model would have any problem with release, seeing as you are doing the same thing that they did to TA's Cloud field model. I would really like to see your model put in to play with TA work if they would accept it.

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012-01-10 04:27:53 »
Thanks Shankifer ! I was asking myself about my little problem on the leg if it was due to the ratio ?! Legs lenght ? But I'm pretty sure there is nothing to do with arms ratio lol (Maybe I'm wrong :/). Well, I think I will consider correcting the ratio, because too many poeple are talking about it... and I will see the result (backing-up my actual model ^^).

For the lags ingame, I have forget to tell : this is only Fraps concern ! The game is not lagging without it. Sometimes I succes to saturate my PC, but god thanks, FF7 is fluid :P (i7 950; 6Gb DDR3 / HD5870 1Gb; Velociraptor) ... I was pretty surprised by the lags caused by Fraps ! oO

EDIT : I had fun, doing an APZ Field Cloud, using Ghina's Field version and doing it on the real Cloud Skeleton (Ghina is using Zack Skeleton, for using Cloud skeleton, I have merged the chest and the weapon on one part... legs oriented too), making his feet too, but seems like I have reversed the leather on his shoulder :/ Well I like it as it lol I didn't make a topic for it, I didn't ask as well, I doubt I can share it ! Well as allways many thanks to original authors !

Not only the AAAA HRC file... actually 3 of them, add AFIE and BHFF ^^ Not finished, still others Cloud field models to be done...

EDIT : Oh yes, as you can see on my vid, no bug concerning eyes animation on my field models (excuse me, but most of them still have !), I have to thanks the different authors of the best models, those models helped me understand how to fix that. The APZ field Cloud on my vid is not my port, this is Ghina's version. I have done it yesterday !
« Last Edit: 2012-01-10 12:19:32 by Kyo13 »

ff7maniac

• View Profile
i can't wait i want this model barret :P lol joke

Kyo13

• View Profile
Sorry, believe me, if i possibly can I would shared it ! I still need to making a point on what I've done on the model and what I can really release with authors (Maybe the canon like I told, and anyway I'm not sure).

You know, look at my profile, my registration date and my messages, I tried making models some times ago (one year or so) and it was really too hard for me... then after showing again and again some mods I badly wanted, I didn't not have another choice to do my best making them ! (In fact editing them, since I use already imported models).

Now that I'm only started to make something more or less valuable, I don't want to offend anyone (original authors, scene modders, etc...) this never be the goal. My goal was only to make my best improving what I can (and improvement is my vision of thing, maybe it's not improved in any case for others).

Since best modders on FF7 seems to be really busy IRL, it's not easy to converse with them... I mean, I never exchanged a word with Timu for example, he doesn't even know me, it's the same for Millenia, pretty hard to have an authorization on that conditions ! :/

Sorry, I don't know if you're really serious, or if you're joking (I mean if you really aprreciate it or not) since I didn't expected this kind of comments (understand me, for me, my models aren't bad, normal I've made them, but I'm just a beginner at FF7 modding and in best case I was expecting a "not so bad" comment). But in any case, be sure I would shared it if I possibly can, but it's not the case actually :/

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Kyo13, what if you only release the parts of the model that you've created?
Don't release a whole model, just the individual files you've altered.
Then it can work as a patch on top of the original model.

Kyo13

• View Profile
That's the idea I was having concerning Barret's weapon, because it's the only true part I made myself ! And like I've said using the first part of the hand by Timu to make the weapon and the canons, so I made it but with some pieces from Timu !

And again I'm using Millenia's texture, I know he has release it, but to Timu for his Barret Battle model, and I don't really understand why Timu hasn't done the weapon, so I think there may be a reason (he have skill to, and it's not really needed a lot of time).

So.... I don't know ! :/ And there are no comments helping me in what I can eventually release or not. :/ So I don't want to take the initiative, sorry.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-11 21:43:11 by Kyo13 »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Well Timu has been very obliging in the past.
He has allowed a number of people to modify and release his Barret model.
You should PM him and ask permission.
I think this Barret is a nice alternative.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Timu gave permission to re-release his work.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
could've just told me to check the thread :P

go ahead, i'm pretty busy for the forseeable future, but stick around a few more years n i might put something magical out :P

royalmurder

• View Profile
    • Ian Merryweather
I'm happy you've given him permission, and I guess we have no choice but to do so, really XD

Kyo13

• View Profile
Oh well great ! Thanks ! So I'm releasing it by now (the weapon I mean ^^), give me 5 minutes and it's here (and to rename topic too)...

EDIT : 1st post edited, link provided, hope you'll enjoy !

EDIT2 : Wow sorry, I'm still sleeping ! I see "can he release his version of remodeled Barret" so we don't talk about the weapon but the field model !? oO Pretty surprised ! (remodeled is a bit strong, I would have said reconverted ! XD)

If there was no misunderstanding between members, I will post it later today or tomorrow, if I have to release it, so I have to improve it :P Don't worry I will not use more than one day more on it ! AS for many of members asking for arms lenght, I'll do it and others light improvements.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-12 06:24:15 by Kyo13 »