Author Topic: Field Script - AGAIN  (Read 3722 times)

Tsetra

• View Profile
Field Script - AGAIN
« on: 2008-05-15 22:21:04 »
I'm trying to edit an archive in flevel.lgp. I extract the archive with Highwind, decompress it so I can edit with Meteor, make my changed, then reinsert with Highwind. One problem - Highwind all of a sudden isn't compressing the file, so naturally FF7 crashes on that level anytime I go near it. This is really pissing me off since I've doubled my efforts to learn opcodes only to get screwed over by this. Why won't the file compress? Highwind isn't even giving me the option.

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Field Script - AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: 2008-05-16 03:57:06 »
Can you not use Loveless and LGP tools to accomplish your goal?  Thats how I edited the text in my game.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-05-16 05:53:29 »
I'm not trying to edit the text, I'm trying to edit the field script. Basically lets you change automated routes NPCs take, where they're at, anything you want. Well, not ANYTHING but you know what I mean, right?

Synergy Blades

« Reply #3 on: 2008-05-16 20:57:50 »
Just use Ficedula's FiceLZS tool to compress it (use switch -c5), then reinsert back into the LGP archive.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-05-16 23:45:01 »
Yeah.....what he said :-)

Edit: Sorry about that pointless post, I posted it last night, after a night out, I was quite drunk and it seemed like a great idea at the time. ;-)
« Last Edit: 2008-05-17 09:52:47 by *:.Griever.:* »

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-05-18 18:31:18 »
Sweet, I wasn't even aware of that tool's existence. Thanks, Synergy Blades.
I'm actually able to change some stuff around this time. Last time I crashed no matter what. So far just little things, like NPC locations, how they move, little crap like that. I'm GOING to remake the intro, dammit  :-D