Author Topic: BETA - 9999 Limit Breaking support thread  (Read 110874 times)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: BETA - 9999 Limit Breaking support thread
« Reply #100 on: 2008-04-17 05:47:56 »
Hex editing of ff7.exe. There is a thread with technical details in "Tech-related" subforum, but I won't spoon-feed you with it. Search for 9999.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008-04-29 14:09:53 »
question: why is this still marked as beta? what is unsolved?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #102 on: 2008-04-30 09:34:30 »
That's a good question. I don't think there are some unsolved bugs, but this version differs from the version you can download from the YAMP thread, and I can't remember if it's something more than an optimization. I'm planning to update it all, but we'll see how it turns out.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008-05-02 06:47:00 »
good. I was thinkiing of myself dumb XD

Kurando

« Reply #104 on: 2008-05-28 15:58:55 »
I'm lost as to how the "9999 Limit Break" patch is suppose to work. It would be great if someone could help me out.

I downloaded the patches from a torrent site, not sure which one. Anyway, in the torrent was a folder called "3. YAMP - Yet Another Multi-Patcher by dziugo" which had the "9999 Limit Break" patch amongst others. Csith, LuckyTifa, Highway & Snowboard mini-games etc. I followed the read-me file that was with it exactly, though every time I try to active the patches using a file called "install", It says something like "somethings gone wrong....dunno what." "No patching today". I thought I was missing a file of some sort, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Then I tried the patches available for download which was in dziugo's first post for this thread. I followed the read-me files exactly again, but they would'nt work either. Something about "Could'nt create output file: patched_ff7.exe" "ERROR Patch could'nt be applied" etc. So now I'm kinda stuck, and which patch out of the two I have, am I meant to use exactly.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008-05-28 18:46:46 »
Let me guess, Vista?

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008-05-28 19:15:39 »
Ah, answer before I've even said I have the same problem, I'm running Vista and have the same thing happen.

Kurando

« Reply #107 on: 2008-05-29 10:20:01 »
Yup Vista. I'm guessing that could be causing the problems? Argh that's just typical  :-(

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008-05-29 18:28:49 »
Ok, possibly fixed. Download the newest version of YAMP from the YAMP thread. You have to run the "install.bat" as the administrator, or copy everything to some non-protected folder.

From now on, don't post in this thread. You won't get a helpful response from me if you do. Really.

Ken Murikumo

« Reply #109 on: 2008-06-10 05:46:33 »
Its f'cking awesome. Clouds so powerful he's not even dealing numbers anymore!!!

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008-06-11 02:09:51 »
The yamp install.bat doesn't work for me - it creates a 0kb ff7.exe.
It's ok, though, cause 9999limitbreak and the transparent text bubble patches are installable in their old forms.

NooB

« Reply #111 on: 2008-12-25 05:46:14 »

Hi, i'm new here  :-)

I just started playing ff7 and added this patch (followed the instructions given) . When i run the game, there was no difference to cloud's hp or mp or his LB. I figured it's because my cloud's char is only lvl 6 that's why. Maybe i can see a change as i continue playing? sorry, a real noob here LOL  :-P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008-12-25 09:29:51 »
I'm lost for words after reading that last post. NooB, you seem to have misunderstood what this mod does; please, please, please read at least the first post in a thread before posting in it. If you had done you might have seen this:

Quote from: dziugo
Q: What this patch does?
A: It gets rid of 9999 Limit in your FF7 game so your Damage, HP and MP (why not?  :-P) can go over 9999 now.

So wait until you level up, equip some HP+ materia or use a very powerful attack and see what happens...

NooB

« Reply #113 on: 2008-12-26 06:37:24 »
I'm lost for words after reading that last post. NooB, you seem to have misunderstood what this mod does; please, please, please read at least the first post in a thread before posting in it. If you had done you might have seen this:

Quote from: dziugo
A: It gets rid of 9999 Limit in your FF7 game so your Damage, HP and MP (why not?  :-P) can go over 9999 now.

So wait until you level up, equip some HP+ materia or use a very powerful attack and see what happens...

I did read the first post...just that I couldn't understand. Now i see what is this patch for. Will continue playing till I see the results. Thanks to dziugo and Leighos Kudistos Megistos  :lol:

Cheyck

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008-12-26 09:24:17 »
HI!

I have a question...

I noticed that the limit given by the patch was 30.000HP,
but I make some wanted to know if it were possible to pass this limit to 60.000HP,
because since the possible limit is of 65.535HP…

Thus I wanted to know if it is possible to change this limit,

PS: I know with YAMP it's possible, but tested without success

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008-12-26 09:38:07 »
The bytes determining HP and MHP are signed. What does this mean :?,  I don't really know, but I do know that it allows negative values and that it stops them going above 32 767, so that's the limit and that's why you aren't having any success :-(

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #116 on: 2008-12-27 05:13:56 »
The bytes determining HP and MHP are signed. What does this mean :?,  I don't really know, but I do know that it allows negative values and that it stops them going above 32 767, so that's the limit and that's why you aren't having any success :-(

Allow me to elaborate on this train of thought.

WARNING: High-level tech talk approaching!!
HP and MP are both stored as 16-bit (16 binary digits) whole numbers. This gives them a range of 65536 (or 2^16) values to represent. However, when the most significant bit it set (bit number 16), then the value becomes negative. It's not a negative sign, but it does indicate a negative number. If that bit is set and the number is stored as a signed value then 2^(number of bits) is subtracted from the value of the other bits.
Example (in binary):
Code: [Select]
Binary Value;      Signed Decimal Equivalent; Unsigned Decimal Equivalent
0110111001010110   28246                      28246
1000101101011101   35677-65536= -29859        35677

The basic formula for this calculation is:
Code: [Select]
SignedValue = (StoredValue AND (2^(Sizeinbits - 1) - 1)) - (2^(Sizeinbits) * (StoredValue >> (Sizeinbits - 1)))This probably looks disorienting to someone who doesn't understand bit-wise operations. If this is your case then either look up a bit-wise AND and binary operation >> or just ignore this all together. :)
End High-level tech talk

Mechanics aside, healing is calculated as negative damage so attacks are calculated as a signed value. If your characters' damage weren't capped to be within range of this signed value then they'd basically just screw up and heal instead of cause damage.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008-12-27 05:31:40 »
OK, I think that I understand what's going on now, and I see why damage is a signed value, but why current and max HP and MP? The bytes for enemy HP and MP aren't signed AFAIK, so what is different about the way player character HP and MP values are stored?

Richgirl80billion

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009-02-10 16:04:32 »
I'm having some trouble with this patch!

What I do know is that most people have there game install in \c drive or something... I don't... My game is install somewhere other than the computers local disk where most programs are installed... is this why i can get this patch to work...

If so how can I get it to work?....Help...

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009-02-10 17:10:37 »

Richgirl80billion

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009-02-11 02:25:27 »
I have another problem when I load the game, it works and everything but whenever I go into the menu, It shuts down...

Can you help... Thanks alot!

BenjaminX23

« Reply #121 on: 2009-04-03 17:19:32 »
BETA M BETA E BETA R BETA R BETA Y BETA   BETA  C BETA H BETA BETA R BETA I BETA S BETA T BETA M BETA A BETA S BETA ! BETA ! BETA ! BETA

Official support thread for 9999LB Patch.

Some questions & answers:
Quote from: I
A: It gets rid of 9999 Limit in your FF7 game so your Damage, HP and MP (why not? :P) can go over 9999 now.

Q: How it had been done?
A: Dunno. It's my dog's program.

Q: No really, how it has been done?
A: Do you really want to know? :P

Q: Hey, if the HP can go over 9999, then it won't fit on the screen!
A: My dog has taken care of it. It will fit.

Q: Is this patch compatible with English 1.02 version of FF7?
A: I hope so :).

Q: Is this patch compatible with German/French/Spanish/... 1.02 version of FF7?
A: Probably.

Q: If I run it, will it format my HDD?
A: Yes. And you'll be getting only "F" in school.

Q: Can I get a source code of it? I want to make a better version!
A: PM me.

Q: The link doesn't work!
A: PM me.

Q: I've got some other question.
A: PM me/Post it here.

Some screenies:

Download links:
Skerb.exe (see readme inside)
Patch (see readme inside)

Usage (probably the easiest way):
   1) Download both files and unpack them
   2) Put patch.srb with ff7.exe and Skerb.exe
   3) Run Skerb.exe and press any key when it asks you to do so
   4) Rename ff7.exe to something like backup_ff7.exe
   5) Rename patched_ff7.exe" to ff7.exe
   6) Check if it works

If there was any error message, you've probably done something wrong. Recheck everything, see both readmies and try again. If there is still a problem, PM me or post it here.

Enjoy!

dziugo

BETA M BETA E BETA R BETA R BETA Y BETA   BETA  C BETA H BETA BETA R BETA I BETA S BETA T BETA M BETA A BETA S BETA ! BETA ! BETA ! BETA

ok so ive tried to do this, only i cant find my FF7.exe file... the files i had in the zipped file i downloaded are 2 for each disc, one being a BIN file and the other being a CUE file...where can i find the exe file? is there meant to be an exe file within the unzipped files? or is that somewhere else?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #122 on: 2009-04-03 17:21:23 »
ok so ive tried to do this, only i cant find my FF7.exe file... the files i had in the zipped file i downloaded are 2 for each disc, one being a BIN file and the other being a CUE file...where can i find the exe file? is there meant to be an exe file within the unzipped files? or is that somewhere else?

You downloaded a disc image so no one will help you since that's illegal and against forum rules to talk about.

BenjaminX23

« Reply #123 on: 2009-04-03 17:42:11 »
ahh ok...my bad, i didnt realise u could edit the original game version. ill have to reinstall mine then an work from there.

« Reply #124 on: 2009-05-25 05:07:22 »
OK.... i went to install this patch.. i have the two icons under the FF7 directory.. but when i try to implement the patch it says cannot find FF7.exe and its right there...

For some reason it thinks that the exe. is on the desktop... so i got it to work that way... Thanks for the awesome Mod :D..
« Last Edit: 2009-05-27 02:55:18 by BrokenCrowe »