Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838398 times)

Inuyashaya

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6300 on: 2017-11-04 17:16:28 »
the game soft locked when i save at Junon when weapon attack and yuffie join cause i used PHS  i loaded game and barret sprite doesnt appear you should block PHS option on that save point so this soft lock dont happens if someone has this issue just use black chocobo and go to Woa_3  Twister maze ID 711 go trought screen and  all the scenes will happens again so wait and things will fix  dont get hit with the wind cause that soft lock too cause you are red XIII or Any other character
« Last Edit: 2017-11-04 19:57:42 by Inuyashaya »

Bohepans

• View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: 2017-11-04 20:15:01 »
Welp, after getting it to Level 4: My All Materia...oh Minerva, my All Materia! 100,000 total AP to master - there goes my master plan to get money easily. (Yep, that was a good balance, actually - I have to admit that All Materia makes it WAY easy to get large amounts of Gil on Disc 1, at least that's how I do it anyway, hoho!) I wonder if there's a better Materia to raise for money...

Also yes, the biggest reason for me to get into this mod was the Rank Up system you have going on - and I really really like it so far. I've made my Aerith into such a magical beast so far. (Also the fact that Aerith lives - finally! Being able to keep using Aerith after her death, without awkward and occasionally game-breaking moments - solid.) Definitely curious if how I'm raising my characters through Rank Up is gonna work out for end-game and optional stuff...guess I'll find out when I get there!

And yeah, I see what you mean now about that - my Aerith hit Level 41, and she's definitely hit one of those "humps". So at least it makes good sense now!
And last yeah, I can believe Ziggy might cause problems. Fitting that he would even fail to be a proper joke encounter - he can't seem to get anything right, not even his AI script in another game entirely! Hah. I can't help but love Ziegfried, such a silly character, glad to see he got a cameo in this mod.

mitchla

• View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: 2017-11-04 20:54:06 »
I was going up against the
Spoiler: show
second form of the spider boss as part of Barret's quest in Disc 3
, and when using Ultima paired with HP absorb, MP absorb, Quadra Magic and MP Turbo, after two casts the boss locked up as if he was under Stop status, and the battle "froze". As in the battle and animations still ran, but the fight didn't progress.

OnlyAshy

• View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: 2017-11-05 00:00:24 »
I think I'm all done in the Dark Cave but I just wanted to check:
I defeated Mirage and was subsequently 'sucked out' of the dark cave. No more dialogue or any confirmation after that, so I just want to make sure I'm free to continue progressing. I'm guessing the only point of the cave is to get LuvLuvG or whatever else is in there behind bosses?

Thanks for the mod. Haven't played FF7 in a long time, normally do a run every three years or so. I've played on and off for a couple weeks now and my main party is lv99 and equipped with their endgame limits and weapons, most relevant materia mastered etc. It's a real joy and nothing feels like a grind, but nothing also feels too unfair. Plus, it's kinda helped me pass the time whilst I'm grieving after a family member's passing, so thank you!

Also, unless I'm doing something really wrong, I'm not getting any HP/MP drain with the Venus Gospel? I checked through the last few pages and see nothing mentioning it, so I'm just wondering if something's slipped my mind or not.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-05 00:18:22 by OnlyAshy »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: 2017-11-05 02:32:34 »
the game soft locked when i save at Junon when weapon attack and yuffie join cause i used PHS  i loaded game and barret sprite doesnt appear you should block PHS option on that save point so this soft lock dont happens if someone has this issue just use black chocobo and go to Woa_3  Twister maze ID 711 go trought screen and  all the scenes will happens again so wait and things will fix  dont get hit with the wind cause that soft lock too cause you are red XIII or Any other character

I thought I'd disabled PHS there; I'll check it again.

I was going up against the
second form of the spider boss as part of Barret's quest in Disc 3
, and when using Ultima paired with HP absorb, MP absorb, Quadra Magic and MP Turbo, after two casts the boss locked up as if he was under Stop status, and the battle "froze". As in the battle and animations still ran, but the fight didn't progress.

That's an engine glitch with Quadra-Magic Ultima & HP/MP Absorb against enemies with multiple parts; the game gets confused and soft-locks: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/g00/wiki/Quadra_Magic_Ultima_glitch?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnVrLw%3D%3D

Despite what the wiki says, it does happen against Jenova Synthesis as well. To avoid it, don't use HP/MP Absorb on Quadded-Ultima against bosses that have multiple parts like Carry Armour, Emerald Weapon (when his eyes are open), Jenova Synthesis, the boss you fought, or Bizarro Sephiroth. You can use Ultima + HP/MP Absorb just fine, and you can use Quadra-Magic with Ultima fine too, but not at the same time.

Bohepans

• View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: 2017-11-05 02:46:40 »
I just realized something I thought was off but kept forgetting to confirm. The ChangeLog in the current Stand Alone Installer says this:
"   -) Regen
   One of the strongest healing spells in the game with the right set-up, Regen was
   now requires 70 MP to cast. It has been restored to Slot 3 on the Restorative Materia
   due to Magic Counter + Cure3 being a more desirable combo."
...but my Restore Materia shows this: "Cure - Cure2 - Cure3 - Regen". Regen is still in the fourth slot rather than the third. Is this a mistake in the Changelog - or did you intend to make this change, but perhaps forgot to get around to it, or something? (...Also there's a typo in there, but I didn't even notice that until after I wanted to mention this Cure3/Regen business, heh, oops. But nevermind that, it happens.)

Also if I might ask, since I don't happen to know offhand what kind of program I'd need to open a .xlsx file (and I'm not 100% sure the answer would be in that file anyway, though I believe it might) - am I wasting my time looking for a Shinra Beta from the enemies on board the ship going from Junon to Costa Del Sol, that is, the random encounters before you reach Jenova: Birth? (Or at least that's her name in base game, no assumptions here her name hasn't changed, but at least you'll know who I'm talking about.) I know that in vanilla, the Shinra grunts here carry Shinra Betas for a Steal item - but since I can't be sure if it's my bad luck or if it's actually been moved/removed, I wanted to ask if its now a rare steal or the like, that maybe I'm just getting really unlucky with my Steals. (I've stolen nearly 20 Grenades so far - I just wonder if this is a sign I should quit while I'm ahead here, that Grenade is all the Shinra grunt dudes have available to steal, heh.)

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: 2017-11-05 14:01:59 »
am I wasting my time looking for a Shinra Beta from the enemies on board the ship going from Junon to Costa Del Sol, that is, the random encounters before you reach Jenova: Birth? (Or at least that's her name in base game, no assumptions here her name hasn't changed, but at least you'll know who I'm talking about.) I know that in vanilla, the Shinra grunts here carry Shinra Betas for a Steal item - but since I can't be sure if it's my bad luck or if it's actually been moved/removed, I wanted to ask if its now a rare steal or the like, that maybe I'm just getting really unlucky with my Steals. (I've stolen nearly 20 Grenades so far - I just wonder if this is a sign I should quit while I'm ahead here, that Grenade is all the Shinra grunt dudes have available to steal, heh.)

The marine enemies you're attempting to steal from, simply doesn't have the item I'm afraid. Iirc Shinra Beta's were obtainable in the Shinra Building through stealing (not that it helps you now, I guess).

Also, just obtained the Tiny Bronco, and I went to my favorite grinding spot, in order to afford weaponry in Wutai; the island close to Mideel, and holy fucking shit, the xp is massive from the Magpie enemies.

Almost feels like cheating. Even more so, because they also drop absurd amounts of gil.  :-o

Inuyashaya

• View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: 2017-11-05 15:34:48 »
Hello is me again! hahaha I have a question  regarding Zeio Nuts do you change the Morph Steal from Goblins on Goblins Island? cause i Morphed and give me Syncher and Stealing gives me Mystile! thats a Powerfull Armor (dont like it cause the nothing Growth but hey can evade a lot!)

RE: ROFL  do they have Mystile like a Normal Steal and rare is a Zeio cause i got like 3 mystile before stealing Zeio nuts or i am lucky!  hahaaha 

Another Question i forget last time is
Already got Cuadra Magic materia (just after i got Highwind) the boss for Cuadra seems to has a Attack called Fuse i think it will revive his Minions bomb  but it doesnt do anything  he just does the same attacks always and sometimes he does this fuse attack  that was a bug? i just use bad breath for Confu on bombs then they Just exploded killing each other  maybe is cause that he cant revive them
« Last Edit: 2017-11-05 15:43:40 by Inuyashaya »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: 2017-11-05 22:16:05 »
I just realized something I thought was off but kept forgetting to confirm. The ChangeLog in the current Stand Alone Installer says this:
"   -) Regen
   One of the strongest healing spells in the game with the right set-up, Regen was
   now requires 70 MP to cast. It has been restored to Slot 3 on the Restorative Materia
   due to Magic Counter + Cure3 being a more desirable combo."
...but my Restore Materia shows this: "Cure - Cure2 - Cure3 - Regen". Regen is still in the fourth slot rather than the third. Is this a mistake in the Changelog - or did you intend to make this change, but perhaps forgot to get around to it, or something? (...Also there's a typo in there, but I didn't even notice that until after I wanted to mention this Cure3/Regen business, heh, oops. But nevermind that, it happens.)

Also if I might ask, since I don't happen to know offhand what kind of program I'd need to open a .xlsx file (and I'm not 100% sure the answer would be in that file anyway, though I believe it might) - am I wasting my time looking for a Shinra Beta from the enemies on board the ship going from Junon to Costa Del Sol, that is, the random encounters before you reach Jenova: Birth? (Or at least that's her name in base game, no assumptions here her name hasn't changed, but at least you'll know who I'm talking about.) I know that in vanilla, the Shinra grunts here carry Shinra Betas for a Steal item - but since I can't be sure if it's my bad luck or if it's actually been moved/removed, I wanted to ask if its now a rare steal or the like, that maybe I'm just getting really unlucky with my Steals. (I've stolen nearly 20 Grenades so far - I just wonder if this is a sign I should quit while I'm ahead here, that Grenade is all the Shinra grunt dudes have available to steal, heh.)

the .xlsx file should be an excel spreadsheet; if you don't have excel, try opening it with apache open office instead. I guess I forgot to change Regen's order in the Restore Materia.

Also, just obtained the Tiny Bronco, and I went to my favorite grinding spot, in order to afford weaponry in Wutai; the island close to Mideel, and holy ferning

Almost feels like cheating. Even more so, because they also drop absurd amounts of gil.  :-o

I think I added some check to set EXP to 0 or something if you were under a certain level when fighting Mideel enemies, but it clashed with another script so I removed it.

Hello is me again! hahaha I have a question  regarding Zeio Nuts do you change the Morph Steal from Goblins on Goblins Island? cause i Morphed and give me Syncher and Stealing gives me Mystile! thats a Powerfull Armor (dont like it cause the nothing Growth but hey can evade a lot!)

RE: ROFL  do they have Mystile like a Normal Steal and rare is a Zeio cause i got like 3 mystile before stealing Zeio nuts or i am lucky!  hahaaha 

Another Question i forget last time is
Already got Cuadra Magic materia (just after i got Highwind) the boss for Cuadra seems to has a Attack called Fuse i think it will revive his Minions bomb  but it doesnt do anything  he just does the same attacks always and sometimes he does this fuse attack  that was a bug? i just use bad breath for Confu on bombs then they Just exploded killing each other  maybe is cause that he cant revive them

Checking the files, one of the Goblins had their old steal-table intact which has Mystile set as the rare steal (two chances at common items, then the mystile at the bottom). That'll be removed for the next patch.

Fuse actually sets Dual-Drain on the bombs, with the intent being to kill them so that they self-destruct and damage the party. There's several ways around it though, such as confusion.

Bohepans

• View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: 2017-11-06 01:49:11 »
Heh, oh dear, I was afraid this might happen. I finally ran into a bug that might actually be classed as major - as in the game softlocked on me. That is, my controls don't work, the event won't continue properly, Aerith and Barret are just kind of staring awkwardly at the camera, Cloud is mostly stuck offscreen - and Tifa shuffles around a bit on occasion, but otherwise nothing is happening, and nothing seems able to happen from here. I'm at Gold Saucer - and I got stuck in the event where the party is supposed to split up so you can meet Cait Sith (at least in vanilla, but I'm guessing it wouldn't have changed in this mod). Let me see if I can upload a screenshot of what I'm looking at right now, in case that might help...

...There we go! Yes, see where poor Cloud is? Here's what I did: I bought the Gold Ticket. I left as soon as I heard about the quick travel feature, to see if and how it worked - and it does indeed work. Unfortunately, it works too early - I was able to hop to Squares without actually using this hub area first. When I finally came to this area (by accident, actually, I wanted to explore every Square before committing to advancing the plot) - Cloud was briefly hopping out of the hole he should have - but then the camera suddenly jerked over to the right, showing Barret and Tifa and the rest walking in, while I was able to control Cloud again - briefly. I couldn't take the bottom right exit, nor could I leave any other way, and Cloud made no attempt to snap back to where he was expected to be - Aerith walked towards the screen...and that was it. Game's stuck. Music keeps playing, occasional blinking, but that's it. Can't progress, gonna have to reset. So since I got stuck in this situation - I thought that it might be worth reporting. I also hope the image isn't too big or anything - I can resize it or just link to it rather than having it display in my post if need be. But yeah, this is what happened - and considering it caused the game to lock up on me like this, I thought it was definitely of high enough priority for sure to report to you now.

Oh, and yes, I tried that program you mentioned - worked like a charm, told me I missed my chance for Shinra Betas, I am sad now. (The recurring Scorp seems like it should have dropped it, at least according to the spreadsheet - I'm guessing the fact that I stole from it, though, interfered with the drop, and that's why I lost it, and never managed to pick up a single one. Damn! I did it to myself, though, admittedly, not being as thorough as I thought with Steals/Morphs in the Shinra HQ building.)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: 2017-11-06 11:42:09 »
Yeah, if you steal from an enemy then the drop(s) are no longer processed at the end of a battle. Not sure if Morph is the same when it comes to the drop.

I'll add a game-moment check to the gold ticket 'fast-travel' to prevent it from being used before the first visit.

OnlyAshy

• View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: 2017-11-06 13:19:39 »
I think I'm all done in the Dark Cave but I just wanted to check:
I defeated Mirage and was subsequently 'sucked out' of the dark cave. No more dialogue or any confirmation after that, so I just want to make sure I'm free to continue progressing. I'm guessing the only point of the cave is to get LuvLuvG or whatever else is in there behind bosses?

Thanks for the mod. Haven't played FF7 in a long time, normally do a run every three years or so. I've played on and off for a couple weeks now and my main party is lv99 and equipped with their endgame limits and weapons, most relevant materia mastered etc. It's a real joy and nothing feels like a grind, but nothing also feels too unfair. Plus, it's kinda helped me pass the time whilst I'm grieving after a family member's passing, so thank you!

Also, unless I'm doing something really wrong, I'm not getting any HP/MP drain with the Venus Gospel? I checked through the last few pages and see nothing mentioning it, so I'm just wondering if something's slipped my mind or not.

You missed my prev. message, Sega due to waiting for moderation, I assume. :)

Also, what are
oversoul shards
used for?

« Last Edit: 2017-11-06 17:17:29 by OnlyAshy »

Inuyashaya

• View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: 2017-11-06 17:22:07 »

Actually it was neoseeker but good joke! hahaha i have some good time laughing at that. Love this mod i cant play FF7 without it anymore ROFL

EDIT: How i change leaders ?' i want to have Cid as a leader but i dont know how to change Cloud
« Last Edit: 2017-11-06 17:50:51 by Inuyashaya »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: 2017-11-06 17:24:10 »
You missed my prev. message, Sega due to waiting for moderation, I assume. :)

Also, what are
oversoul shards
used for?

Edit: Also, I noticed that
Mystile is a drop from Mirage in the dark cave, yet I didn't even get an end battle scene, so no drop?

Ah, sorry about that.

Yeah, it ends there; I think I had to temporarily remove the final cave scene because of a walkmesh problem on the IRO. The intended Mystile drop needs to be obtained from the Debug NPC on the Highwind (he's the one closest to the Chocobo Pen wandering around); he goes through a few options, one of which will be for the Mystile.

Oversoul shards are used to make a Masamune, which can be equipped by any of the characters as an alternative Ultimate Weapon; it has a 100% crit-rate. You also need a Yoshiyuki and some other thing I forget to make it (the dude in the blue house near Gongaga makes 'em along with the other ultimate weapons).

Venus Gospel appears to be missing the DrainHP flag; I thought I'd fixed that when someone reported it a while back but I guess not.

Bohepans

• View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: 2017-11-06 22:22:45 »
I'll add a game-moment check to the gold ticket 'fast-travel' to prevent it from being used before the first visit.
And what's funny to me is...Cait Sith actually didn't show up! That is to say... I poked around a bit more with the bug (what can I say? insatiable curiosity, heh) - I warped to the Wonder Square (I believe that's where you're supposed to go after the event in the hub) - Cait Sith won't show up, not unless you activate and finish that particular event the game locked up on me during - so the game knows not to spawn Cait Sith before your party splits up and you only have Cloud plus [other member], as if there was some kind of plan there...hah. These things amuse me.
Anyway. Good to hear it's gonna get fixed - I might be the only weirdo who gets enough Gil by this point to always buy that lifetime pass first thing, but then I might not, so you never know who else might innocently walk into such a thing if left unchecked. Thanks, Chief!

mitchla

• View Profile
« Reply #6315 on: 2017-11-06 22:29:25 »
Another weird occurence, I noticed in my inventory I have two copies of W-Summon. If I had to take a guess it might have been from the
3 materia fight after you hand over the three items to the man in Kalm.
After the fight the text box said I got Long Range, but I noticed there was only one copy of it in my Materia list. I'm guessing it actually put W-Summon in there by mistake.

Inuyashaya

• View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: 2017-11-07 01:11:43 »
And what's funny to me is...Cait Sith actually didn't show up! That is to say... I poked around a bit more with the bug (what can I say? insatiable curiosity, heh) - I warped to the Wonder Square (I believe that's where you're supposed to go after the event in the hub) - Cait Sith won't show up, not unless you activate and finish that particular event the game locked up on me during - so the game knows not to spawn Cait Sith before your party splits up and you only have Cloud plus [other member], as if there was some kind of plan there...hah. These things amuse me.
Anyway. Good to hear it's gonna get fixed - I might be the only weirdo who gets enough Gil by this point to always buy that lifetime pass first thing, but then I might not, so you never know who else might innocently walk into such a thing if left unchecked. Thanks, Chief!

I got the money too in the most easy way stealing  Mount corel enemies Diamond clip and killing the pack of 5 worms  this gives almost 1.5K every battle and  i have some money from before cause i have a strategy

Steal + Add Cut   Steal+Cmd Counter  dont even need to attack just Steal is a normal attack Like Mug and i have a counterattack that steal too very good combo

i think you are a Weirdo cause you go back and teleport but is ok thats how bugs are fixed.

How do i change party leader i need Cid as party leader and i can seem how to change it

Another thing is that i never fight Powersoul Keeper i fight armored keeper do i lose Powersoul weapon Forever? Kinda want it so i can use  curse ring + PowerSoul + edencoat for that nasty 255 x 4 attack on tifa
« Last Edit: 2017-11-07 01:19:22 by Inuyashaya »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: 2017-11-07 10:18:41 »
I got an issue with the Powersoul weapon.

The document detailing where to find stuff, tells me it's a drop from the Powersoul Keeper, but since I'm playing arranged, I got to fight the Armour Keeper instead (which drops a protect ring).
Then while poking through Proudclod, I see that Satan Gate is supposed to drop it instead, however, it doesn't seem to be doing that. I killed it 3 times and no Powersoul drop.  :-X

Is it available elsewhere, or should I just wait with progressing my save, if I want to snatch that weapon? :>

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: 2017-11-07 13:04:09 »

Actually it was neoseeker but good joke! hahaha i have some good time laughing at that. Love this mod i cant play FF7 without it anymore ROFL

EDIT: How i change leaders ?' i want to have Cid as a leader but i dont know how to change Cloud

I forgot about that one lol

To change leaders, you need to be on Disc 3 and to have reached the bottom of North Cave once. When you get down there, Cloud should get a phone call from the Highwind. You can then visit the Operations Room on the Highwind to swap leaders; bit of a hassle, but the set-up is needed to avoid script problems.

Another weird occurence, I noticed in my inventory I have two copies of W-Summon. If I had to take a guess it might have been from the
3 materia fight after you hand over the three items to the man in Kalm.
After the fight the text box said I got Long Range, but I noticed there was only one copy of it in my Materia list. I'm guessing it actually put W-Summon in there by mistake.

I'll need to check the scripts again; I'm fairly sure I changed it, but maybe there's another line in there dropping W-Summon.

I got the money too in the most easy way stealing  Mount corel enemies Diamond clip and killing the pack of 5 worms  this gives almost 1.5K every battle and  i have some money from before cause i have a strategy

Steal + Add Cut   Steal+Cmd Counter  dont even need to attack just Steal is a normal attack Like Mug and i have a counterattack that steal too very good combo

i think you are a Weirdo cause you go back and teleport but is ok thats how bugs are fixed.

How do i change party leader i need Cid as party leader and i can seem how to change it

Another thing is that i never fight Powersoul Keeper i fight armored keeper do i lose Powersoul weapon Forever? Kinda want it so i can use  curse ring + PowerSoul + edencoat for that nasty 255 x 4 attack on tifa

Powersoul should be dropped by Satan Gate (the Demon Gate replacer for Arrange Mode) but according to mithrain it doesn't seem to be dropping. I'll need to investigate.

I got an issue with the Powersoul weapon.

The document detailing where to find stuff, tells me it's a drop from the Powersoul Keeper, but since I'm playing arranged, I got to fight the Armour Keeper instead (which drops a protect ring).
Then while poking through Proudclod, I see that Satan Gate is supposed to drop it instead, however, it doesn't seem to be doing that. I killed it 3 times and no Powersoul drop.  :-X

Is it available elsewhere, or should I just wait with progressing my save, if I want to snatch that weapon? :>

I'll check it out and get a scene patch up today. It should drop it; is the chance set at 63/63? Did you steal from him?

OnlyAshy

• View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: 2017-11-07 19:08:45 »
Ah, sorry about that.

Yeah, it ends there; I think I had to temporarily remove the final cave scene because of a walkmesh problem on the IRO. The intended Mystile drop needs to be obtained from the Debug NPC on the Highwind (he's the one closest to the Chocobo Pen wandering around); he goes through a few options, one of which will be for the Mystile.

Oversoul shards are used to make a Masamune, which can be equipped by any of the characters as an alternative Ultimate Weapon; it has a 100% crit-rate. You also need a Yoshiyuki and some other thing I forget to make it (the dude in the blue house near Gongaga makes 'em along with the other ultimate weapons).

Venus Gospel appears to be missing the DrainHP flag; I thought I'd fixed that when someone reported it a while back but I guess not.

Cheers!

I look forward to actually getting the drain on my weapon. :P

Bohepans

• View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: 2017-11-07 19:52:00 »
Is Ramuh not supposed to have an added effect when summoned? Choco/Mog has been causing Confusion, Shiva has been causing Slow, Ifrit's in-game description says he inflicts Berserk - but Ramuh has nothing. It just says "Bolt summon". Pairing him with Added Effect also shows no status being added, to attack or defense. Seems unexpectedly inconsistent. I haven't yet summoned him (to see if the attack itself will still cause an effect), only just barely picked him up, but wanted to ask, is this intentional?

mitchla

• View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: 2017-11-07 20:55:04 »
Just finished off the mod today, just want to say really amazing job. A fantastic excuse to play the game again. Just to clarify, am I right in thinking that the NG+ feature isn't currently in the game? Also what's
up with the last name in the character list for the SP menu listed as ???? A hidden char that I didn't come across?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: 2017-11-08 08:04:23 »
Is Ramuh not supposed to have an added effect when summoned? Choco/Mog has been causing Confusion, Shiva has been causing Slow, Ifrit's in-game description says he inflicts Berserk - but Ramuh has nothing. It just says "Bolt summon". Pairing him with Added Effect also shows no status being added, to attack or defense. Seems unexpectedly inconsistent. I haven't yet summoned him (to see if the attack itself will still cause an effect), only just barely picked him up, but wanted to ask, is this intentional?

It would use Paralysis if I could set it, but unfortunately the game isn't set up to handle some of the status flags (I tried doing it through Hex, but there's no space for it). The summon spell itself will inflict Paralysis though.

Just finished off the mod today, just want to say really amazing job. A fantastic excuse to play the game again. Just to clarify, am I right in thinking that the NG+ feature isn't currently in the game? Also what's
up with the last name in the character list for the SP menu listed as ???? A hidden char that I didn't come across?

NG+ was dropped for now; as for the last entry in the SP menu, that's part of something that got dropped.

Bohepans

• View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: 2017-11-08 10:58:40 »
Ah, that explains it, thanks Chief!
Though it's too bad I missed out entirely on Shinra Betas, by the looks of it (I at least didn't notice anywhere on the spreadsheet another instance of them being available for drop/morph/steal - and I haven't yet seen it in any shops, I imagine it's not relevant enough anymore to be sold, so) - I was definitely curious how those were altered. Maybe next playthrough, then! (Though because of that, I think I'm gonna stop stealing from bosses for a while if not the rest of the game, just in case it would cause me to miss out on any more items like that.)

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: 2017-11-08 11:23:34 »

Powersoul should be dropped by Satan Gate (the Demon Gate replacer for Arrange Mode) but according to mithrain it doesn't seem to be dropping. I'll need to investigate.

I'll check it out and get a scene patch up today. It should drop it; is the chance set at 63/63? Did you steal from him?

The drop chance is set to 63, according to Proudclod, yes.

I just killed it twice again, to make sure I wasn't just saying nonsense.

First kill, I removed all steal materia and yet again, it did not drop.
Second kill, I attempted to steal, despite Proudclod said it doesn't have steals (just in case), and as expected it had nothing to steal, and yet again it did not drop any Powersoul.