Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001628 times)

LittlePlum

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.83)
« Reply #1125 on: 2015-07-03 22:18:45 »
I can't get the editor to load a GME save file.Everytime I would get an error saying that the load failed.The region is correct and all,so what seems to be causing this failure?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1126 on: 2015-07-04 14:17:15 »
the gme file you are using is corrupted in some way.  try another file.

LittlePlum

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: 2015-07-04 17:55:49 »
Actually this GME file is one that I created using the editor itself.After that,I played the game using the file and then saving the game at a certain point afterwards.When I wanted to edit the save afterwards,the error popped up.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1128 on: 2015-07-05 12:08:03 »
Quote from: littleplum
played the game using the file and then saving the game at a certain point afterwards.When I wanted to edit the save afterwards,the error popped up.
convert it to something else if your emulator is  trashing gme files they really should only be used for dex drive anyway. Use save as in blackchocobo to change the format of the save. best to use one of the formats that are more common like mcr or mcd

you should also post a link to the file that way i can check if the file is broken or something else is wrong.

LittlePlum

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: 2015-07-05 20:20:35 »
Did what you suggested and it's now working like a charm.Thank you.

israelssilva1989

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: 2015-07-10 16:39:37 »
is there any way to aplly a AP and XP multiplier ?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1131 on: 2015-07-11 13:00:38 »
is there any way to aplly a AP and XP multiplier ?

This is not possible with a save editor . You will need to use a trainer such as Ochu. This will only work on pc version and im not sure it Ochu has those options currently

israelssilva1989

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: 2015-07-11 14:31:23 »
This is not possible with a save editor . You will need to use a trainer such as Ochu. This will only work on pc version and im not sure it Ochu has those options currently

it has not. and seems that there is no trainer that works on  final heaven mod  :|

Ryudo

• View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: 2015-07-11 17:33:48 »
it has not. and seems that there is no trainer that works on  final heaven mod  :|

Have you tried this one: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13746.0

That one works for me on the regular Steam version.

vantish

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: 2015-07-22 21:48:50 »
Hello, I have a question for whomever would like to answer-

When adding materia, is there a way to specifically add one enemy skill, rather than mastering every single one? If so, how exactly?

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: 2015-07-23 01:19:36 »
hey staff

i would like to request for this ff7 gamesave editor to have the locations starting from beginning to end in order please

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1136 on: 2015-07-23 12:33:18 »
hey staff

i would like to request for this ff7 gamesave editor to have the locations starting from beginning to end in order please

By default they are sorted by their map id. You can also sort them by either filename or location string. use the filter to find stuff quickly.

There is no easy way to do a play order so manually move this list around... (700+ items..) Then how to handle the optional stuff. Oh and if you sort it by another method thats it no more play order till you start the program next time..

Scipizoa

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: 2015-07-25 06:30:56 »
is the download link redirecting for anyone else,  i can't seem to grab it anymore

Meta

• Professional Forum Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1138 on: 2015-07-25 17:32:56 »
It would be a pretty cool feature for this tool to be able to load FF7's kernels so we could edit more easily modded games.  :-D

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1139 on: 2015-07-25 19:40:49 »
is the download link redirecting for anyone else,  i can't seem to grab it anymore
the sourceforge project pages was down for a few days.

It would be a pretty cool feature for this tool to be able to load FF7's kernels so we could edit more easily modded games.  :-D

perhaps one day i'll will switch the data portions to use some external file then mod creators can make data packs for black chocobo.

MEMANIAsama

• View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: 2015-08-17 21:20:17 »
I want to direct attention to this thread:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16240.msg231310#msg231310

I also posted on Reunion which is the only mod I use. I play with the Steam version. I've used Black Chocobo a number of times but I've never messed with progress flags or anything (save files can be downloaded from the above forum post from my DropBox account.)

Problem:

Immediately after Yuffie stole my materia, I was teleported back onto the Chocobo by the giant Snake by the Chocobo Farm. My Tiny Bronco was still at Utai, and all my materia was gone (boy, you thought the side-quest was annoying in the vanilla version.) I managed to use Black Chocobo to set my party leader back on to Utai and continue on with no problem, so I'm hoping that's the end of my woes.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1141 on: 2015-08-17 22:46:59 »
Well it does seam to happen without reunion (tried on the psx copy) ..

The odd part is this when you enter that field where yuffie steals your materia the exit point will set you to go back to the world map at specific coordnates (like where you entered) so i don't think you can even change that with black chocobo. (something has to be wrong to send you over there)

There is no reason that i know of that black chcoobo should have changed anything other then what you explictly changed.. I check that kind of stuff alot.  That being said without knowing what you edited in your file i don't even know where to begin looking for a bug. 

let me do some more digging and ill see if i can find anything out.
EDIT::
the location is #572  YOUGAN
There are no Gateways on this map  there are instead several lines that when you pass... 
runs external script #6 in "MES": "Jump to map wm33 (#34) (X=0, Y=0, triangle ID=0, direction=0)"

So why does this happen? well you may notice if you go to the Location-> worldmap section of black chcoobo you have on the world map a wild chocobo. whats basicly happening is you have at the end of that scene a jump to the world now normally that will jump to leaders location. There is one exception if you have a wild chocobo you will be put on it because you can not have one on the world map with out ridding it.This jumping is different then when you exit battle or a field thru a gateway because those don't force you to the chocobo location.  How the wild chocobo got activated i don't know but maybe you enabled it or maybe you some how skipped dismounting it when entering that cave before.. If you just uncheck that wild chocobo box your yuffie encouter will play as normal.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-18 01:03:05 by sithlord48 »

MEMANIAsama

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 2015-08-18 02:21:25 »
Huh. Good to know. I'll uncheck that box and continue on with my game then and hope for the best moving from here onward. After I crossed the moat and entered the cave I think I left the cave back from where I came and was back on a chocobo, from there I think I went and got some E. Skills and such and then crossed the cave again and maybe somehow entered the cave without ever actually dismounting from the Chocobo??

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1143 on: 2015-08-18 03:18:25 »
maybe somehow entered the cave without ever actually dismounting from the Chocobo??
that is what seams to have happened..

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 2015-08-18 07:14:11 »
Heh, just a little thing like that is enough to throw the engine off.  Fun stuff!  I am not sure it's possible to enter the cave before dismounting, however.  So perhaps it was just changing the options in BC.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-18 07:16:12 by DLPB »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1145 on: 2015-08-18 12:07:36 »
Heh, just a little thing like that is enough to throw the engine off.  Fun stuff!

oh yeah lots of small things will break ff7 really badly. this is mostly why progression is not complete yet.. i need to map all the changes then figure out what can't be set when others are set after that i can start the work of making them work in bc. sadly i just don't have that much free time to do it atm.

geordish

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: 2015-08-21 10:18:57 »
Hi,

I've been messing about with my save (a little too much apparently!). I'm using the PC Steam version of FFVII.

I seem to have managed to break PHS. I can only see my current members in my party, there are no members to swap out. I can also move Cloud, which is odd.

Any one got any clues about if/how I can fix this?

My save file can be found here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/171619/save00.ff7

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1147 on: 2015-08-21 16:29:27 »
Other tab
if you look at the phs manager you have removed the visible flag from all characters (you also enabled cloud to move)

edit if you hover over the checkboxes you will get a tooltip telling you what the box is for the left colum is for "Allowed" (can be placed in PHS) right colum is for "Visible" (can be seen when in the PHS pool)

ringk

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: 2015-08-22 23:20:06 »
Hi guys,
I have this strange problem after using black chocobo, when I enter the MENU->MATERIA->ARRANGE section, on the left nothing is displayed, and i can't change my materias.... anyone have experienced this? Any fix available? I have no mods installed and this is the steam version of the game. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: same problem for the PHS section, nobody's there, but i've checked the boxes on the savegame editor...
you can check my savegame here http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/1wAPxQp5/file.html

« Last Edit: 2015-08-22 23:49:07 by ringk »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1149 on: 2015-08-23 15:17:06 »
Hi guys,
I have this strange problem after using black chocobo, when I enter the MENU->MATERIA->ARRANGE section, on the left nothing is displayed, and i can't change my materias.... anyone have experienced this? Any fix available? I have no mods installed and this is the steam version of the game. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: same problem for the PHS section, nobody's there, but i've checked the boxes on the savegame editor...
you can check my savegame here http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/1wAPxQp5/file.html

you have unchecked visisble in the PHS section..  Please read the post above as that uses is the same as yours. it seams that affects both visisble in the PHS and visible in the Materia Exchange Menu