Author Topic: Eliza please read, it's not a complaint  (Read 3120 times)

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Eliza please read, it's not a complaint
« on: 2016-07-18 19:27:56 »
Hey i seen that all over the place every day people are having issues with it and must drive you crazy to the point where you've considered giving up. Helping people all day every day with basic things that are clearly stated in the written tutorial. I think just as a friendly opinion, feel free to ignore me here it's your thing. If you were to combine the Game converter with 7th Heaven and bring in an installer for it with an automatic system. If you had a command line somewhere in the program (Im no programmer so this probably is wrong but you should get the jist of it) If mod "Because is activated use ...exe and the equivalent for the others too" It could essentially replace the need for you to have to deal with all the questions. Maybe even add a tab at the top of the program Q&A. This isn't working because of this.

Sorry for imposing on your already perfect software, i know it must be a pain

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza please read, it's not a complaint
« Reply #1 on: 2016-07-18 20:06:34 »
Yop,sounds cool. I had a similar idea/approach: refresh the ui of 7th and then bit by bit make one big tool which does everything for you.didn't work out so well, but it might happen someday.

Also it is common sense to read the tutorials and so on, but some ppl can't handle that.dont know why.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #2 on: 2016-07-18 20:33:41 »
Like I get that you might miss something simple occasionally and that's fine but if everyone does it then it's just a nuisance. I would very much like to make my own mod manager. Not to replace her hard earned one but even maybe just one for dummies or personal with people that request. I'd feel bad for trying to take her glory

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2016-07-19 02:28:24 »
Iros is the creator of 7H, not me. I, alongside Kaldarasha, have done the majority of the testing, and most of the features added were suggestions by us. But we had no doing with the UI itself. I agree, it's clunky in some areas and could use some renovation. But Iros has not been active since January, and he's impossible to get a hold of outside the forums. What we have now is probably the final release of 7H unfortunately.

I am all for wanting to continue his work in a new era, but talking about it doesn't get us there. Work has to be done, and we can't quit during the process. We need the commitment to give a final release product.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #4 on: 2016-07-25 15:30:22 »
Is there a way we can get the source code for 7h or would you know how they work at least. I do wanna create a new one. I have a design template and some good ideas for problem solving. I also want to include a way to view and customize models yourself so you can choose a specific outfit or head for your player. To so this I'd need a viewer like kimera inside the manager. I know its possible I'm just not a programmer

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-07-26 06:43:30 »
You could also get help from the Nexus community. There is a Skyrim Modmanger which works in a similar way. Its also wise to show more present in that community, because it more likely to attract people there for moding FF7 then waiting that once in a few years a passionate person stumble across this side.

It could be that the team of the Nexus Modmanager has interest to implement such a luncher in their multi game modmanager. In one way 7th Heaven could seen as a proof of concept. I also would like to upload my mods there because it has a great infrastructure for hosting mods.

Well reminds that I need to go through a few files and make a few updates...