Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1083890 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #375 on: 2009-04-20 02:03:07 »
ya thats prolly best... but i think i remember seeing some1 on youtube having the cosmetic mods along with ur mod

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #376 on: 2009-04-24 05:39:23 »
man, i cant wait to put the hardcore mod and the finished npc patch together... VISTA sure is a pain when i try to combine these 2 together  :-(

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #377 on: 2009-04-24 12:34:36 »
Mabye I'll make a patch soon. Doesn't look like there is much development there anyway. Then what project was it again? The new one or the old one? (the phoenix thing or the npcrp?)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #378 on: 2009-04-24 23:24:52 »
i would go with the phoenix thing... also, is there a way to put those and the improved cloud model? like the 1 APZ has? i no it alters the battle.lgp but i think i remember seeing it happen

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #379 on: 2009-04-27 19:32:27 »
how's it comin gjoerulv?

NameSpoofer

« Reply #380 on: 2009-04-27 23:08:11 »
hey gjoerulv

how about combining my mod with your mod   ( you have seen jumbo cactuar battle :lol: )

i have replaced soldier 1st/2nd/3rd class models with the new ones from CC so your locke, venus and theo will look super cool  :-D

when im done with my mod i can combine my mod + your mod + prp project together in one

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #381 on: 2009-04-28 02:15:18 »
damn that'd be one awesome mod! cant wait to see vids with these combos of mods!  :-D

oldtimeplayer

« Reply #382 on: 2009-05-12 04:01:56 »
hey gjoerulv, thanks for the mod! playing this for the first time in 8 years or so and it's good to have a bit of a challenge this time, lol I actually game over'd after applying this mod. well I registered just to say that I'm using this in conjunction with the prp (project phoenix) mod and it seems to be working fine. My understanding of all the .lgp's is a bit n00b but I decided since your mod and the prp mod don't edit the same data files then there should be no problem?
So what I done was:
start from fresh data files (apply saints high res mod),
apply the prp mod, copy the files that get edited (char.lgp, world_us.lgp) and then replace with fresh one's again.
Apply the hardcore-mod, and then put the edited char.lcp, world_us.lcp from prp back in place.
I also applied the high res cloud mod which edits battle.lgp (as does the hard-core mod) and it hasn't had problems yet.
Hope that helps someone  play this great mod with decent graphics aswell :-)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #383 on: 2009-05-12 07:38:13 »
do u got XP or VISTA?

oldtimeplayer

« Reply #384 on: 2009-05-12 08:00:48 »
vista. the install for the hardcore mod was a bit wierd tho I had to do it 3 times, in data/battles, data/kernel, and data/field to do all 5 files. If I tried to do it just into data file it didn't go.

edit: A strange thing happend when I was playing in clouds storey, the mako-monster in 1st visit to the reactor killed cloud and sephiroth, then the game continued as if I'd won. Then when I got to control cloud again he had zero health, and since you cant use items on the field I finished the storey off with cloud "dead" (the only party member) ...
« Last Edit: 2009-05-12 10:33:44 by oldtimeplayer »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #385 on: 2009-05-12 21:21:35 »
lmao! that's messed up! i bet u the 1st 1 to find that out... anywayz, how did u get it to work on VISTA?i mean, i try it, follo instructions on 1st page and then i try to apply high res cloud and prp and the characters end up missing body parts... i dont get it! on the battlefield and on the field itself! cloud is missing like his arm, chest... i did this several times and im tired of this happening to me... so can u help me out here?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #386 on: 2009-05-13 11:50:54 »
hey gjoerulv

how about combining my mod with your mod   ( you have seen jumbo cactuar battle :lol: )

i have replaced soldier 1st/2nd/3rd class models with the new ones from CC so your locke, venus and theo will look super cool  :-D

when im done with my mod i can combine my mod + your mod + prp project together in one

Hmmm, where can I get a look on that stuff.

hey gjoerulv, thanks for the mod! playing this for the first time in 8 years or so and it's good to have a bit of a challenge this time, lol I actually game over'd after applying this mod. well I registered just to say that I'm using this in conjunction with the prp (project phoenix) mod and it seems to be working fine. My understanding of all the .lgp's is a bit n00b but I decided since your mod and the prp mod don't edit the same data files then there should be no problem?
So what I done was:
start from fresh data files (apply saints high res mod),
apply the prp mod, copy the files that get edited (char.lgp, world_us.lgp) and then replace with fresh one's again.
Apply the hardcore-mod, and then put the edited char.lcp, world_us.lcp from prp back in place.
I also applied the high res cloud mod which edits battle.lgp (as does the hard-core mod) and it hasn't had problems yet.
Hope that helps someone  play this great mod with decent graphics aswell :-)

Sounds like a good plan if you want good graphics with my mod.

Right now I'm heavily occupied with my work. I can't really do anything with this mod 'till the 21st, and even then I may be stuck with something else. sigh...

oldtimeplayer

« Reply #387 on: 2009-05-13 12:09:36 »
lmao! that's messed up! i bet u the 1st 1 to find that out... anywayz, how did u get it to work on VISTA?i mean, i try it, follo instructions on 1st page and then i try to apply high res cloud and prp and the characters end up missing body parts... i dont get it! on the battlefield and on the field itself! cloud is missing like his arm, chest... i did this several times and im tired of this happening to me... so can u help me out here?
I dunno I didn't follow the instructions too well just done what I said above, then when I installed hardcore I ddn't realise you were supposed to have all 5 files in 1 folder so I done it 3 times. I can email you the char.lgp, battle.lgp and world_us.lgp files I using and you can try see if they work for you if you want? don't think I've put any other patches in to change them.

hey gjoerulv.. i'm just wondering if it would be very hard for me to edit ur mod slightly so that the master materia still exist? since I've never got them yet, on my last and greatest game of f7 I was leveling up materia to take on emarald and my little bro overwrite my save  :cry:

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #388 on: 2009-05-13 12:16:12 »
Sure it should be easy with Wall marked. It's simple if you compare the original Kernel with the one in my mod to see what needs to be done. I did this in raw hex editing so be greatfull for wall marked.  :-D (just in case you dunno what I'm talking 'bout, goto game tweaking and you'll prob see it at once)

oldtimeplayer

« Reply #389 on: 2009-05-13 12:29:10 »
haha, yup no idea.. was hoping it would be as easy as avatar modding  :-P where
I can just change a few files in lgp-tools. well I'll look into it thanks
(edit: oh yeah now I see what you mean, and it's not an lgp that needs modifying.
and raw hex editing..? I'm greatfull already  :-D )
« Last Edit: 2009-05-13 13:02:12 by oldtimeplayer »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #390 on: 2009-05-13 17:51:13 »
that be awesome man, thanx

oldtimeplayer

« Reply #391 on: 2009-05-14 04:15:14 »
ok well it was taking to long to upload to email so I just put it here:
http://www.2shared.com/file/5767456/e55f148d/New_Folder.html
hope it goes for you. apply the hardcore mod first then copy those over.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #392 on: 2009-05-14 07:46:23 »
alright i'll download it and check to see if it works... btw how do u do that quote thing? lol sorry if im being newbie

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2009-05-14 10:14:35 »
Quote from: drfeelgud88
btw how do u do that quote thing? lol sorry if im being newbie

There's a quote button in the top right-hand corner of other people's posts; you can delete bits of the quote if you don't need them. You can also copy and paste things people have said and use
Code: [Select]
[quote author=person's name]thing you are quoting[/quote]

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #394 on: 2009-05-15 00:37:37 »
Quote from: Leighos Kudistos Megistos
There's a quote button in the top right-hand corner of other people's posts; you can delete bits of the quote if you don't need them. You can also copy and paste things people have said and use
Code:

Quote from: person's name
thing you are quoting
u mean like this?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #395 on: 2009-05-15 00:39:57 »
sorry for the double-post... oldtimeplayer, thanx for the files, but i only got the high res cloud to work... when i use the char, it still has cloud missing his right arm and chest... idk y! and u say it works perfect on urs? why is this? i dont understand...

oldtimeplayer

« Reply #396 on: 2009-05-15 04:39:12 »
yeh it works fine for me, nobody's missing anything. does it work without the hardcore patch? sorry but I can't help cos I don't really know too much, would try running ff7 in some different compatibility modes or update graphics drivers or something cos it might be some underlying problem

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #397 on: 2009-05-15 05:00:12 »
graphic drivers? i dont think so... my comp's the best and brand new like 2 months ago... maybe compatibility modes? but i neva heard of compatibility modes doing that.. i just hear that it either works or it doesnt

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #398 on: 2009-05-16 03:43:56 »
Does it work normally with no mods? If so try installing 1 mod at a time before testing. Then you'll at least get teh gist of the problem.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #399 on: 2009-05-16 06:26:39 »
hmm, i'll be sure to try that after the 0.6 driver thing releases... thanx for the advice