Author Topic: About Weapon retexture  (Read 7739 times)

iLGlenn

About Weapon retexture
« on: 2009-12-29 18:19:57 »
Hi everybody.
I've been looking for the forum and found only diamon weapon retextured  -------> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9184.0
Have other weapons ? a project ? Thanks !

Sorry for my english , i'm a brazillian
Google Tradutor!

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
Re: About Weapon retexture
« Reply #1 on: 2009-12-29 22:15:38 »
Yes, Ruby and Emerald Weapon have been done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfeQzzMC66Y&feature=channel

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-29 22:27:17 »
....i don't like this style  :-P
Hey Grimmy,maybe you'll try making your own textures?
I Have some cool fan art that can be used like sample:

Even Sapphire  :wink:

iLGlenn

« Reply #3 on: 2009-12-30 01:01:00 »
Yeah Squallff8 I had the same thought of you , the weapons of this patch are very colored , I do no , is no more weapons
Grimmy your diamond weapons is amazin you can retexture for us?
Thanks!!!
Sorry for the english again!

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #4 on: 2009-12-30 08:40:22 »

Wow. Those textures are... terribly "ew".

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #5 on: 2009-12-30 18:40:31 »

Wow. Those textures are... terribly "ew".
I guess they were suppose to look 'ancient' and that's why they look like that. Emerald looks good I'd say.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #6 on: 2009-12-31 11:16:11 »
Compared to the movies, they look messed up and in a bad way. :cry:

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #7 on: 2009-12-31 20:31:56 »
Hmm... How to put this. I posted the link, so it should be apparent that I like them. Now I do appreciate people liking my work on Diamond Weapon, but by knocking the work of another modder who is my good friend you offend me. With the exception of squallff8 the rest of the people who posted on this thread are do nothings that take the works of others and act like they have the right to give criticism. When you learn how to mod for yourselves then you can speak, until then just appreciate that some people in this world take the time to do these types of mods.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #8 on: 2009-12-31 20:50:02 »
What you're saying now is "you cannot say it looks like sh*t only because you can't mod a game". Now, I do have eyes and it's pretty obvious to me that those textures aren't a masterpiece (they look like some random material applied randomly on surfaces, making the original models look messy) especially if you compare them to what those Weapons were supposed to look like (again, FMVs are a good example of that). Only because somebody made them for free (not talking about efforts now, which is a totally different story), it doesn't mean they are not subject to criticism. Maybe I just came out as a jerk by saying that they look "ew", but that's an opinion. Live with it.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-31 20:51:51 by Gemini »

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-12-31 20:52:12 »
With the exception of squallff8 the rest of the people who posted on this thread are do nothings that take the works of others and act like they have the right to give criticism.

Everyone has the right to give criticism, it's classed under free speech after all.

Your diamond re-texture wasn't that bad, those other ones though lack any sort of painted on lighting and as such stick out like a sore thumb and look bad as a result, they have too much noise going on and no proper definition.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-12-31 20:52:51 »
on the contrary, criticism is a good thing. It drives us producers to make better stuff. Whether people mod or not has nothing to do with it, shoddy work will garner shoddy criticism.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-12-31 21:30:34 »
Hmm... How to put this. I posted the link, so it should be apparent that I like them. Now I do appreciate people liking my work on Diamond Weapon, but by knocking the work of another modder who is my good friend you offend me. With the exception of squallff8 the rest of the people who posted on this thread are do nothings that take the works of others and act like they have the right to give criticism. When you learn how to mod for yourselves then you can speak, until then just appreciate that some people in this world take the time to do these types of mods.

If someone makes something and then releases it on the 'net then they should expect criticism. I am sure that you have complained about a movie or two over your lifetime. But have you produced a major motion picture? If not then you should be able to see my point. The only way people can expect to not be criticized over something is to not release it to the public. But honestly if the person that retextured the weapons and likes then then what does it matter?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-01-01 05:59:55 »
If someone makes something and then releases it on the 'net then they should expect criticism. I am sure that you have complained about a movie or two over your lifetime. But have you produced a major motion picture? If not then you should be able to see my point. The only way people can expect to not be criticized over something is to not release it to the public. But honestly if the person that retextured the weapons and likes then then what does it matter?
Exactly.

Personally I like the textures.  It's an interesting take on the WEAPONs being named after precious stones.  And seriously, if someone can do better or has a better idea, let's see a proof of concept!  :-)

posh927

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-01-01 10:17:53 »

you say "friend" huh?  :?

Mike.S.N_310-X

• The Last Love Dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-01-01 10:43:44 »
Spoofer not good at create texture. But i like this retexture. Not perfect but very excellent. If you can make better, why don't you create texture by your own?  :|
posh927. You don't know the meaning of good friend huh? This is really pitiful.  :roll:

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-01-01 15:14:11 »
i think the only problem with the textures is they lack shadowing (since we have to bake on lighting as we have no shadow engine)
I myself though enjoyed them, i mean they aren't perfect. BUT! it's a very good starting line, i think with just a tad bit of tweaking the textures would look good.

Although i have forgotten what the originals should look like (from the FMV's) so i guess i am biased haha

posh927

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-01-02 03:01:24 »
Spoofer not good at create texture. But i like this retexture. Not perfect but very excellent. If you can make better, why don't you create texture by your own?  :|
posh927. You don't know the meaning of good friend huh? This is really pitiful.  :roll:

well God knows i do. :-D..and i have them here in REALITY.. :-D..yeah..alright grimmy's a good friend..a very good FRIENDLY USER..haha :-D smart people will get what i mean. :wink: