Author Topic: Does anyone know how the multiple Counter+Mime programming in FF7 works?  (Read 2341 times)

Sebrith

I'm working on calculating the max theoretical damage you can do with group SneakAttacks/counters and solo counters in FF7. (the max solo SneakAttack is 1,430,968 btw).

The setups have a bunch of Counter+Mime's and after the first Mime, the support Materia stops working and apparently, after miming enough, the W-Materia effect stops. I saw this after a character counter-mimed a couple times after counter-miming the original caster (she was hit more than once). I don't have enough Counters or Mimes to test properly, so I was wondering if anyone knows the exact mechanics behind the degradation so I can find the right setup? Objectively, the first thing I need to know is when and how W-Materia stop working.

If you test for yourself I recommend W-Magic/Lightning+HPAbsorb /Counter+Mime*3 for character 1, then Counter+Mime*3 for the other 2.

TL;DR? When you have more than 1 Counter+Mime on a character, any spell after the first mime starts costing MP. When another character starts counter-miming someone else, sometimes the support Materia will stop having effect and mimed W-Magic spells will even stop being doubled. I need to know what causes this to calculate max theoritcal damages.