Author Topic: AC Nero's custom start menu.  (Read 108574 times)

Nero

• View Profile
AC Nero's custom start menu.
« on: 2009-10-18 18:45:24 »
I made those avatars to use them with my final fantasy VII game but if anyone else likes them

Original FF7:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3z4btr3ohnd

AC:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ammckjgnmr5

Start menu:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vzjinjmjud2

How to install:
1. Download Ficedula’s LGP tools.
2. Locate the menu.lgt in data\menu folder double-click on it and select to open it using lgp tools. The lgp window will appear.
3. Now select and drag all the .tex files you downloaded in the lgp window. At the question “do you wish to overite” select always yes.
4. Close the LGP window and you are done.
P/S you might also want to make a backup copy of the menu.lgp in case you wish to return to the original avatars.

Full screen start menu:
(You are going to need Aalis custom graphic drivers 0.7.2b or newer to use this)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dznzm2zhwz3/

How to install:
1. Move the buster.tex into the menu_us.lgp
2. Select the .png image you want (or make one of your own liking) and place it into Aali’s textures folder.

P/S I have replaced the chocobo with fenrir
« Last Edit: 2009-11-09 14:47:13 by Nero »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: (REL) high resolution AC avatars
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-18 18:53:10 »
Looks nice, good job.  :-)

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-18 19:54:56 »
Nice release Nero. I did a very similar high res set with a new start menu I thought of releasing but I'll give it awhile now. Good job.

death_gigas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-19 08:32:42 »
good job ,,,,, does it changes also the  letterings ... thnx.....

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-10-19 13:38:08 »
good job ,,,,, does it changes also the  letterings ... thnx.....

No. He has a different mod installed that changes the font; this mod only changes the avatars.

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-10-19 17:40:41 »
Thanks, glad you like them.
Yes, this mod is just the avatars. You can change the letterings using “Team Avalanche’s 2D Overhaul’ mod that is available on this forum.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-10-20 01:04:31 »
I'm liking these white backgrounds. Most AC avatars I've seen use the same few pics of the characters, and it's too obvious by the background that they were just screencaps from the movie. This makes these a lot better as a whole.

Also, you avoided the common mistake of ignoring scale and making them look really stretched/squished. Well done.

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-10-20 21:14:25 »
Yeah my main concern was to have them to fit together as a whole, so I used the AC promotional posters from 2005 as a base for all of them. It’s nice that you confirm it though. Thanks.

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-10-21 12:46:21 »
Here’s an update the way they appear in ff7, well maybe not Barret but I tried to get him as close as I could :-)

And a new chocobo

« Last Edit: 2009-10-29 15:14:12 by Nero »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #9 on: 2009-10-21 15:02:48 »
Alright!! Sweet! I was waiting for the original costumes (since I don't have the AC mod on my version of the game). I will be using this in the future! Awesome job!  :-)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-10-21 17:44:57 »
Whoa whoa whoa.  Where did you get that barret photo from?  I thought I had all the pictures from the 10th anniversary party.  Link plz??

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-10-21 19:13:06 »
Actually it’s this picture, I just recolor his vest and some other parts changed the lightning and draw some new shadows to make him look more like the original, then I cut him right above the mechanical arm so that what was leftover to giving the impression that is the his machinegun. Seeing the whole picture it’s pretty obvious that he is in AC style but in the tiny avatar I think he can pass as the original version.

sacrife

Re: (REL) high resolution FF7 avatars
« Reply #12 on: 2009-10-23 08:34:05 »
Is it possible to make the background of the portraits transparent instead of white? I think that would look awesome.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-10-23 15:16:16 »
Is it possible to make the background of the portraits transparent instead of white? I think that would look awesome.

It is possible yes

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-10-23 16:18:34 »
Actually I had tried that already but the game then display it as complete white.
I am using the ‘color 0 as transparent’ option on imafe2TEX which works fine when I am converting textures for battle or field models. So should I assume that this is happening because the menus original background is white and not blue?

Btw does anyone know why I am getting this on the start screen? Why can I not see the “new – load game” options?

death_gigas

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-10-23 16:42:11 »
where did you got that menu screen?...

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-10-23 17:00:16 »
Actually I had tried that already but the game then display it as complete white.
I am using the ‘color 0 as transparent’ option on imafe2TEX which works fine when I am converting textures for battle or field models. So should I assume that this is happening because the menus original background is white and not blue?

Btw does anyone know why I am getting this on the start screen? Why can I not see the “new – load game” options?

If you use aali's texture injection method you can use transparency. I have tried it before

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-10-23 17:02:04 »
Thanks yes I found it, but I think I like it better with the shady white backgrounds now that i see it in game.

where did you got that menu screen?...

I made it on Photoshop but it needs some more work plus I can’t make it work properly.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-23 17:05:06 by Nero »

Jewels

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-10-23 17:07:54 »
Block borders and rounded corners? That might add a smooth twist.

Excellent avatars by the way, though I think perhaps there's a little too much white space on the right for Choco.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-23 17:09:42 by Jewels »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-10-23 17:37:28 »
i think the transparent backgrounds look very good, i was actually thinking of doing it with the stock avatars.  As far as the start screen goes, you have to make a black 0,0,0 box where the new game and continue words will appear.  Kinda sucks, but it's all we have until someone steps up to remake the start screen.  I'd like to see a full screen version of what you have made.

lee

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-10-23 18:02:00 »
i think the transparent backgrounds look very good, i was actually thinking of doing it with the stock avatars.  As far as the start screen goes, you have to make a black 0,0,0 box where the new game and continue words will appear.  Kinda sucks, but it's all we have until someone steps up to remake the start screen.  I'd like to see a full screen version of what you have made.

lee

I think i know how to fix the problem of the text. Post a copy of your background so I can test it out

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #21 on: 2009-10-23 18:28:39 »

You can use img2tex on the start screen for transparency. Just leave the section for new game/continue black. The problem making a full start screen picture look good is that new game/continue is off center to balance out the original buster art. So any custom menu needs to take that into account. Here's how I worked around this limitation.

The actual bmp is 24bit but fraps screen caps at 8bit, so the fade on the clouds doesn't show.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009-10-23 18:52:07 »

You can use img2tex on the start screen for transparency. Just leave the section for new game/continue black. The problem making a full start screen picture look good is that new game/continue is off center to balance out the original buster art. So any custom menu needs to take that into account. Here's how I worked around this limitation.

The actual bmp is 24bit but fraps screen caps at 8bit, so the fade on the clouds doesn't show.

Nice work, i like it

CloudyWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-10-23 19:54:16 »
hi! where can i get those images? i mean your source... i want use them as wallpapers... they are posters from the 10th anniversary party right? are there any clear scans, without watermark or anything? can you please give me the link? or send it to me thru email?

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009-10-24 14:46:46 »
Ok I can see the selection options now thanks.

Ilike your start screen too Grimmy

lee
No argue on that, they do look cool as transparent, but what I mean is that the CG characters are so much detailed that when they are placed by themselves they look kind of out of place on that menu (probably on a compete black and white menu with the material and letters colures at tones of grey they would look properly) plus without the white background they won’t look any more as a whole. Also I don’t like the way some parts of their bodies are suddenly sliced off when they are just by themselves, but from the other hand with the white fonts they look more like they are in a frame maybe more artistic perhaps, especially Sephiroth with the shadow of his black wing behind him (avatars were originally made to look like portraits after all). Perhaps the transparency will look better on the original avatars but I don’t really think it would fit to the CGs, but then again that’s just my opinion, so no offence to anyone. :-)
Block borders and rounded corners? That might add a smooth twist.

Excellent avatars by the way, though I think perhaps there's a little too much white space on the right for Choco.

Yes I agree the chocobo could have smaller background.
Re download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ifmwthydmij

hi! where can i get those images? i mean your source... i want use them as wallpapers... they are posters from the 10th anniversary party right? are there any clear scans, without watermark or anything? can you please give me the link? or send it to me thru email?

I found most of those images on Google search.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-24 16:26:15 by Nero »