Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838301 times)

HautSaus

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6850 on: 2018-05-15 19:56:52 »

I got it to work. I ran the game converter again, then put the ff7.exe that game with NT in to the folder. With mods and edited stats in play. Only weird thing is my text is kinda low rez and squished together. I assume it's because it isn't using the ff7_bc.exe or ff7_mo.exe.

Edit: text is fine now after taking off beacause + menu overhaul mods
« Last Edit: 2018-05-15 21:11:55 by HautSaus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: 2018-05-15 22:18:46 »
Hi SC

Having a little bit of an issue with NT (I'm currently using 24th November 2017 IRO). I was wondering if you were able to help me out with it please :)

I cannot get Tifa to trigger her scene at the piano. I'm at Disc 3/Went to the bottom of the crater and came back. I play the Final Heaven tune on the piano and the most I get is two lots of 1 gil.

I know I am using an older version, however because I was recording my run for YouTube, this was the most updated version I had and didn't realise til recently you had
released a newer version of NT.
Is there a possible to fix this or do I need to update to the latest version? I held off because of Cid and Cloud having new innates and I didn't wanna do anything irreversible so far into my playthrough. However I do want a playable game and to record Tifa v [REDACTED] (Not sure on the spoiler policy)

Thanks in advance

Ark

Is Tifa party-leader when you go to play the piano? I think that was the other requirement.

jack5881

• View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: 2018-05-16 10:46:37 »
Wow,this mod is amazing,thanks for sharing!

Arkusam

• View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: 2018-05-17 04:10:46 »
Is Tifa party-leader when you go to play the piano? I think that was the other requirement.

I have tried the following :

Cloud as Party Leader, Tifa not in party
Cloud as Party Leader, Tifa in party
Tifa as Party Leader, Cloud in party
Tifa as Party Leader, Cloud not in party

Tried using the iros from 24th November and 10th March.
Tried swapping between .bc and .mo exe files

I'm not really familiar with modding for this (I've followed the 7th Heaven guide for installation) so I don't have an idea
for how to sort this out.

Cheers for replying

Ark

Furious241

• View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: 2018-05-17 21:17:57 »
Quick question - is the Rank Up system the only way for characters to gain permanent stat increases? Levels don't give me stat increases anymore (and to be honest I wasn't paying attention close enough to notice if they ever did), and my strongest physical attackers (level 80+) still barely break 1000 damage on higher level enemies. I've seen videos of players with much stronger attackers... so I'm a bit confused about my lousy damage output. I'm really struggling against the end game bosses.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-17 21:28:37 by Furious241 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6855 on: 2018-05-17 23:12:58 »
Quick question - is the Rank Up system the only way for characters to gain permanent stat increases? Levels don't give me stat increases anymore (and to be honest I wasn't paying attention close enough to notice if they ever did), and my strongest physical attackers (level 80+) still barely break 1000 damage on higher level enemies. I've seen videos of players with much stronger attackers... so I'm a bit confused about my lousy damage output. I'm really struggling against the end game bosses.

Characters don't gain stats on level up (though Level itself plays an important role in damage formulas, particularly physical damage), and it all comes from the sources gained from rank-up. However, it's only half the setup; the rest comes from what equipment and Materia you use.

First thing is that Elements are important for physicals as they double the amount of damage that they can do; for instance, the Crater enemies should mostly all be weak to Holy so combining Elemental + Restore/Alexander/Revive/etc. in a character's weapon should result in 2x damage in 99% of the fights you encounter down there.

As for equipment, you'll want to lift Strength where you can with Armour and Accessories to try and get their overall attack above at least 200 or so.

An Ultimate Weapon will also greatly boost physical damage, as these use special modifiers based on enemy level, HP, MP, stuff like that. You can also boost your critical hit rate by buffing Luck where possible; Amulet gives a huge boost to this stat.

And on Materia, you'll want to try and stack counter-attack, get Multi-Cut, Added Cut, Command Counter + Mug/Deathblow, anything you can to up your output of attacks. Physical attacks tend to hit less than the strongest-tier spells, but they can be made to hit a lot more often.

I guess the last thing is to try and avoid using back-row if you have a short-range physical attacker and avoid using Sadness as these restrict the number of Limit Breaks you can throw out. But as this leaves them more vulnerable to incoming physical attacks, it'd be a good idea to have some protection up like Barrier or someone tankier who can Cover them.

Furious241

• View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: 2018-05-17 23:33:06 »
Characters don't gain stats on level up (though Level itself plays an important role in damage formulas, particularly physical damage), and it all comes from the sources gained from rank-up. However, it's only half the setup; the rest comes from what equipment and Materia you use.

First thing is that Elements are important for physicals as they double the amount of damage that they can do; for instance, the Crater enemies should mostly all be weak to Holy so combining Elemental + Restore/Alexander/Revive/etc. in a character's weapon should result in 2x damage in 99% of the fights you encounter down there.

As for equipment, you'll want to lift Strength where you can with Armour and Accessories to try and get their overall attack above at least 200 or so.

An Ultimate Weapon will also greatly boost physical damage, as these use special modifiers based on enemy level, HP, MP, stuff like that. You can also boost your critical hit rate by buffing Luck where possible; Amulet gives a huge boost to this stat.

And on Materia, you'll want to try and stack counter-attack, get Multi-Cut, Added Cut, Command Counter + Mug/Deathblow, anything you can to up your output of attacks. Physical attacks tend to hit less than the strongest-tier spells, but they can be made to hit a lot more often.

I guess the last thing is to try and avoid using back-row if you have a short-range physical attacker and avoid using Sadness as these restrict the number of Limit Breaks you can throw out. But as this leaves them more vulnerable to incoming physical attacks, it'd be a good idea to have some protection up like Barrier or someone tankier who can Cover them.

Good post, it's much clearer now, thanks for the response.
I'm doing a Job Class challenge based on classic Final Fantasy jobs through restricting Materia usage on the characters. I've just found that with that, the characters that I relied on to do heavy physical damage (Barrett as a Paladin, Tifa as a Monk, Yuffie as a Ninja etc) fell off really hard late Disc 2.
lol I guess your mod is challenging enough that I didn't need to do this, but I'm still having a blast with it! Just have to put more thought into strategies and team comp. I think I will take advantage of the Elemental materia, though.

Thanks so much! Seriously having a ton of fun with this mod.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: 2018-05-19 17:59:49 »
i have a question/issue.

i recently picked the mod back up....and "plasma bomber" only had a recolor....rather than actual changes? i found a video showing that its supposedly two bombers rather than one?

what did i do wrong? i installed the main mod as well as the patches.

its the 2012 ff7 pc version btw.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: 2018-05-19 18:02:19 »
also, i reintroduced an old save.....so idk if that interferes or not.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: 2018-05-19 18:39:01 »
it appears you updated things recently....so idk what i have at this point lol.

do i just get this 2018 version and no patches, since you don't have any up on the first page?

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: 2018-05-19 19:10:43 »
ok now im confused.

i installed the new 2018 version over the old one and now it forces me into steam rather than just opening the game....and its not even the steam version.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: 2018-05-19 19:13:20 »
wait....ok i guess the 2012 remake is steam, but it didnt force into steam after the crack was applied and was separated from it....but the new NT version broke something lol.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: 2018-05-19 19:26:26 »
i have a question/issue.

i recently picked the mod back up....and "plasma bomber" only had a recolor....rather than actual changes? i found a video showing that its supposedly two bombers rather than one?

what did i do wrong? i installed the main mod as well as the patches.

its the 2012 ff7 pc version btw.

There are two modes; Normal and Arrange. You fight one Plasmabuster on Normal, but on Arrange you fight two instead. Version-wise, the mod should install to 1998 PC, Steam, or 2012 re-release as the architecture is (mostly) the same and the installer covers any differences between them.

As for save files, they should function correctly between all versions as the savemap tends to be kept the same. The latest version is an .EXE prototype that installs to the FF7 folder instead of the FF7/Data folder; if you've used a crack or something then I don't know what's going to happen.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-19 19:31:13 by Sega Chief »

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: 2018-05-19 19:28:45 »
ok. well that's good to know. but now i can't even play the game with the 2018 version. just opens steam for no reason.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: 2018-05-19 19:31:00 »
matter of fact it goes specifically to the ff7 store page...

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: 2018-05-19 19:34:01 »
oops missed that last part. i'll try doing things without the crack, though the crack is kinda the only way i was able to properly use the game without a key. lol.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: 2018-05-20 04:16:52 »
ok so i think i got it working again.

so did you nerf barret by chance? he used to get phys AND magic def boosts from his rear stacks....and now its just phys def stacks? ouch? i rather enjoyed the unbreakable Mr. T. :( lol

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: 2018-05-20 04:52:27 »
but yeah on the installation note....i had to crack it AFTER the patch....so hopefully that didnt....break anything. lol. no random steam store visits anymore though.

EDIT: my apologies about the overposting...im not really used to forums i guess. oops.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-20 21:39:19 by Maverick4031 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: 2018-05-20 17:07:05 »
Maverick, please use the edit button instead of posting several times in a row, as per our rules.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: 2018-05-21 11:31:24 »
Hey Sega, just started another run since my issue last time resulting in having to redo a bunch (my own fault though) made me salty on the current save. Everything has been going great so far, the only issue that remains for me is that light nation is immune to damage even though he is still listed to have the morph of a peace ring. Is the documentation incorrect, the fight incorrect, or is it just to taunt you with a morph that you can never get?
Edit: Or the final secret option, I'm doing something wrong and it is totally obtainable.
Edit 2: Also I don't think it's listed anywhere but have been very curious. Cloud's Innate gives a max of +30, Red XIII's gives a max of +50, how much stats do Barret's innate stacks give?
« Last Edit: 2018-05-21 13:23:49 by Soulofsteel »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6870 on: 2018-05-21 22:58:35 »
Hey Sega, just started another run since my issue last time resulting in having to redo a bunch (my own fault though) made me salty on the current save. Everything has been going great so far, the only issue that remains for me is that light nation is immune to damage even though he is still listed to have the morph of a peace ring. Is the documentation incorrect, the fight incorrect, or is it just to taunt you with a morph that you can never get?
Edit: Or the final secret option, I'm doing something wrong and it is totally obtainable.
Edit 2: Also I don't think it's listed anywhere but have been very curious. Cloud's Innate gives a max of +30, Red XIII's gives a max of +50, how much stats do Barret's innate stacks give?

I think he's Morphable on Normal mode, on Arrange I don't think it's possible due to the immunity.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: 2018-05-21 23:02:02 »
Ah of course that makes sense. Thanks.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: 2018-05-22 02:22:21 »
I think I mentioned this a while back but I don't think it ever got an answer. I just beat Barbariccia with morph and got nothing, now the documentation shows Rubicante which is the normal version of the fight and not arrange if I recall correctly. It dropped a bird wing which isn't the drop from Rubicante, so is it safe to assume that since they are COMPLETELY different enemies, that they don't have the same loot tables? If I'm right, can you tell me if I missed any steals or anything valuable from it seeing as it wouldn't morph into the fire ring? Also maybe consider putting Barbariccia in the documentation as well to avoid confusion.

Edit: I think it's the same situation with Illuyankas now that I think about it, anything of note that drops/steals/morphs from him?
« Last Edit: 2018-05-22 02:46:44 by Soulofsteel »

neodiahs

• View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: 2018-05-22 09:49:00 »
Ive been in numerous battle so far with movers and i have yet to see them use "Trine" enemy skill yet (on Arrange mode if that matters). I sadly forgot to equip enemy skill before the Godo fight so i missed my chance at that one so i just moved on hoping to get it later (to complete the collection) but having no luck.

Just looking for conformation that they can actually cast the skill (or what does) cause as it stands i feel like i missed my chance to complete it.

Furious241

• View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: 2018-05-23 20:31:39 »
If you haven't defeated the Bomb King (Quad Magic Materia cave), he casts Trine.