Author Topic: [REL] Magochocobo Final Fantasy VIII characters textures  (Read 176320 times)

WofulPaul

• View Profile
Re: Magochocobo Final Fantasy VIII characters textures
« Reply #75 on: 2012-10-11 13:00:26 »
Wow i love it,i hope to use this mod for pc!

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2012-10-12 06:27:47 »
Coming along nicely your doing a great job keep it up

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2012-10-16 13:15:24 »
These look amazing! is this possible on FF9 too? since it also uses textures on psx

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2012-10-16 13:33:25 »
Magic, You'll have to use Google translate i'm sure. But this guy here
http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1188
he found out a way to put the textures in his game using his plugin. Now this would work for emulators only.. But i am totally game on that :P

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #79 on: 2012-10-29 05:53:21 »
Any updates as of late? Because, I haven't played FF8 yet, and I don't intend to until this project is released. After seeing the rise in quality, I don't want to try to play this game with the base textures.

magochocobo

• View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #80 on: 2012-10-30 17:56:57 »
sorry but I have not time this month because I must finish my last proyect in the university, but when I finish the university work. I retake this mod.

this its the Squall model, use the noesis for view the model, textures and animations.

http://www.putlocker.com/file/D1C8FDDC80BC5467

was a hard work done this textures so if you want use in another project please give me credit.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2012-10-30 21:00:07 »
Excellent retexture! It really looks like Squall!

By the way, you can view the DAE and OBJ with other programs too, just flip the textures vertically. Noesis has a habit of exporting them flipped like that.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-30 21:06:10 by Mirrorman95 »

cloud1414

• Anthony Pierce
    • View Profile
    • The Legend Of Twilight
« Reply #82 on: 2012-11-02 15:42:25 »
This has nothing to do with Final Fantasy. But when I was doing modding for Dragon Ball Z games. I used a program called Game Graphic Studio to edit the model textures. I would make an ISO from my game. Which I actually own, and import the .bin file into the program, locate the texture. Export it into Photoshop and make my edits there, then import it back into GGS. Then just make the ISO again and run the game to see if it worked. I have no clue if this will work for your project but its worth a shot. You can even send me a sample of squall as a texture and I can see what I can do. Just noticed you posted a link to a sample haha. Alright Ill try and work with it with GGS and post what I figure out.

*Tried ripping the .bin files from the games but computer is being lame. I even tried making my discs a img/iso file and computer still wants to be a pain. If someone can try this out let me know how it works for you.*
« Last Edit: 2012-11-04 03:17:45 by cloud1414 »

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2012-11-23 21:03:59 »
Do you have these textures backed up in more than one place? If not, you should do so or else release the rest of them immediately, because someone's hard drive recently failed, and all the mods he hadn't already released were lost, including the Sephiroth mod he was working on. If you don't think the rest of the textures aren't ready enough for release -- even though I think they look spectacular as is -- please make such you have them backed-up somewhere so you don't lose all your progress.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-25 18:32:09 by Mirrorman95 »

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2012-11-24 01:11:59 »
hey man, all of these are looking really good, it's obvious you've put a lot of effort in!

but there are a couple of niggling things i've picked up on that seem like the root of a bad habit, and if we can get you out of them now... then great!

it mostly falls in the lips and the way you've textured them. almost everyone has this joker-like grimace going on. it's caused by two things.
1. dark outlines around the entire lip.
2. an upward curve and hyper extension of the corner of the lips.

i've done a small paintover to illustrate what i mean:

so a couple of things to bear in mind... the lower lip, unless there's lipstick involved, almost always blends into a natural skintone towards the corners, rather than having a harsh outline (note squall and zell vs rinoa).
for female characters particularly, but also heroic characters (in japanese illustration anyway) really push the filtrum shape to give the top lip that classical m shape. with lipstick, play around with colours a little more. using different shades of the same colour hue doesn't look quite right, so as an example i've used a brown shade, a red mid-tone, and a blue highlight in my example.

other than that it's all kickass man!

Johnny_Doe

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2012-11-28 18:57:51 »
Just can't wait to see this in game. Thank you all.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2012-11-29 18:38:30 »
The change I see most necessary is the shift to Rinoa's redder, slightly narrower lips.

Mai Nguyen

« Reply #87 on: 2012-12-03 06:59:40 »
@ magochocobo:
I'm speechless, literally ~
I can't believe that someday I'll get to see Squall in this graphic <3<3 He has been and always be my #1 hero in the FF series so  your outstanding work means so much to me !!
Right now I'm replaying FF 8 on a PS1 emulator, imagining seeing all these characters in this condition in my game make me so hyped ^^... Wish you all the lucks with this project :) We'd love to see the updates from you <3

@Almighty_gir: agreed, the girls' lips look more natural/ better with those changes :)

magochocobo

• View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #88 on: 2012-12-05 14:39:18 »
Thanks for the comments!!
Almighty_gir: yeah you are right!
the outlines in the lips are a bit strange, I will edit in a future :P
when I done the Zell face, I drawing two mouth, a serious and smile mouth, so when I publish the textures I put the two textures.
I will edit too the rinoa lips.. its a really strange mouth Xd
the squall model in the image its a different case, because its the field model and the uv map and  the poligonal faces are really strange, so when I put the texture in the model, the texture is distorted.

Look the texture and how looks in the field model:

so I am trying distor the texture in photoshop for when put it  in the model looks normal :B

anyway in the battle model exist a bit of distorsion in the texture but looks really nice:

Sorry for my english it difficult for me explain my progress with the models and textures.
but I do my best effort!!  ;D

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2012-12-06 08:55:31 »
yeah man, you're doing a really good job, and hopefully i didn't upset you, i wasn't trying to say what you've done is bad, just trying to help you reach a new level of awesome =]

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2012-12-26 21:49:51 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:56:31 by Jenova's Witness »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2012-12-26 22:38:56 »
I like the current Angry Squall. He looks like he acts. Pissed off. Then again if i recall he can have some emo moments.. Sad, don't remember if pissed of just angsty..

senboy

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2013-02-21 12:23:44 »
can i used this mod? in ff8 model???

magochocobo

• View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #93 on: 2013-02-23 00:55:24 »
senboy: I need help for put the textures in the models.

I Made a minor changes in the textures, more details in the clothes or corrections in the faces and I done the balamb garden costume for Selphie, anyway i need fix the shoes, it a little bit hard XP when I finish the squall and zell uniforns I upload a pack with the models and textures.
here some photos:

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2013-02-23 20:55:20 »
Did you make high-res panties, too?

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2013-02-24 00:22:23 »
It's nice seeing new material for this again. I'm not sure how to go about repacking the models into the game, because its never been done before.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #96 on: 2013-02-24 03:49:04 »
There has to be a way... we need those models. they are the only well designed high definition characters for ff8...

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2013-03-10 00:59:52 »
There has to be a way... we need those models. they are the only well designed high definition characters for ff8...

He's using the standard models.^^

The great textures make them look more "highres".

magochocobo

• View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #98 on: 2013-03-15 00:54:22 »
Hi!!
Finally I finished the Balamb garden uniforms!!
only I need fix some error in zell arms texture and upload the files :P
a screenshot of Squall in his uniform:

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2013-03-15 01:15:34 »
This would only work for the psx version, but can these be put into the game using a technique similar to wii scrubber? It lets you replace files in the .iso with custom ones of the same name and makes a new .iso with your files. This is used to put custom stages and characters in super smash bros brawl and play on dolphin. If someone did the same thing with a psx iso, then it could be used in an emulator. I don't even think there's a program that does this for psx games but I can dream   :D