Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007848 times)

Timber

• View Profile
i don't think all of those are reunion bugs.  please test without reunion by disabling reunion from options.ini.  any that aren't reunion should be placed in the big bug thread.    but I'll test this time.  8-)

I havent touched this, so no idea why it's closed. Are you certain it's not an existing bug with original game?

I just disabled reunion and confirmed that the bugs don't occur on original game.

To clarify the Red XIII dialogue, FYI original game he says: "..."
and in Reunion he says: I

At first I thought the ropeway car door issue may have been caused by FF7 SYW "ArkTsukiVock" (v4) upscale, but again I tested and it only occurs with New Translation is enabled.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've looked through original psx for flashback scene and there is no "..."  - which exact part of the game is it?  Remember there is more than one flashback.

Matroska

• View Profile
I just disabled reunion and confirmed that the bugs don't occur on original game.

To clarify the Red XIII dialogue, FYI original game he says: "..."
and in Reunion he says: I

At first I thought the ropeway car door issue may have been caused by FF7 SYW "ArkTsukiVock" (v4) upscale, but again I tested and it only occurs with New Translation is enabled.
I can confirm that I got this bug as well at this point. AFAIK, you only see it when you talk to the party before boarding the Gold Saucer ropeway and then choose to stay rather than board the ropeway when asked. If you stay, you can talk to the party members again and Red XIII will just say "I". Nothing else installed, just The Reunion over the Steam version. Unfortunately I don't still have a save before that point.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Checked again...  you're right.  The door is open with the original flevel....  But... there's no code to do it.  It doesn't make any sense to me.

ropest > door > script 1

is called... but I have no idea where. Could Makou have a bug and not be showing walkmesh doors properly? - or some sort of hardcoded weirdness?  It's VERY strange this. The bug exists  because touphscript has deleted the entry as it can't detect it being called... and nor can I.  Yet it definitely is called.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-19 02:26:21 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
OK... I've figured it out. It's still a shit script error.

MAIN is not set in door - so it overruns to script 1 (a major script error).  Luckily...  this had the desired effect so was never picked up by Square testers as a bug. 

Unfortunately, it does mean that any time you use touphscript, the bug will be uncovered and

Hide the state #0 of the background parameter #1
Return

will need adding to MAIN of Door [or main of anything tbh) - and NOT script 1.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-19 03:34:19 by DLPB »

Timber

• View Profile
I've looked through original psx for flashback scene and there is no "..."  - which exact part of the game is it?  Remember there is more than one flashback.

Please watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ0_tl78igY

You have to choose not to go on the ropeway car when prompted, and without Red XIII in your party, then talk to him.

Nice work debugging the door issue.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Aye - that's already noted in Reunion Database:

09.Jan.2020   DLPB   New Translation   When selecting "Fixed length character names" option, Red XIII's box will be too small to hold Red XIII.  This has been fixed by making "Red" the default name - but the maximum length allowed will be for "Nanaki".   Fixed in R06b

and

In the corel flashback, there is a guy in a white hat, and his hat keeps dissappearing / glitching. This can be seen as he is walking towards the house as well as inside the house.

Needs to be placed on the Bug thread. It's not Reunion related.  Double check to be sure.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-19 04:00:47 by DLPB »

Timber

• View Profile
Needs to be placed on the Bug thread. It's not Reunion related.  Double check to be sure.

Per above I disabled reunion and confirmed that the bugs don't occur - this includes the glitchy disappearing hat. It's fine in original game on original model.

Was going to try disabling model overhaul specifically but now since disabling and re-enabling reunion, my controller is no longer working for some reason. :(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I think it would have to be model overhaul if it's not present in original. It's probably an issue with blinking affecting the head.  Kaldarasha is able to fix it.

edit.  Yup.  That's what it is.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-19 04:41:08 by DLPB »

Timber

• View Profile
I think it would have to be model overhaul if it's not present in original. It's probably an issue with blinking affecting the head.  Kaldarasha is able to fix it.

edit.  Yup.  That's what it is.

Nice one. FYI I just saw the same blinking head issue with the 'chocobo jockey' models with dark blue hats that are sitting at the table in the jockey lounge before Clouds first chocobo race.

Also, after winning the chocobo race, you get put in the buggy on the world map, there is a dialogue box explaining the buggy controls, and after that, there was another dialogue box from Cid that says something like 'Right off wi ya'. Of course, the party hasn't met Cid yet, so that ain't right.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
need save file for the cid issue and perhaps a vid?
« Last Edit: 2020-01-19 18:36:11 by DLPB »

NotAkam

• View Profile
Hi!

I couldn't find anything about it in the Database so:

Using Yuffie's Bloodfest/sacrifice can stop the combat music and occasionally also crash the game altogether whenever it doesn't kill all present enemies (Or when it doesn't result in the end of combat. Same thing)

I experimented with it for a little while and it is relatively easy to replicate, although it seems not guaranteed to bug out. Complete crashes seem less frequent than just the music cutting out. Tried with different weapons and different enemies. Also turned off 60 FPS battles, no change.

On another note, I noticed that all Shinra Mansion basement random encounters had no BGM, though I didn't get around to test around with that more so I might just be talking BS there and it was a problem on my end.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
see first post for bug report template.  thanks.

I definitely need app.log after a crash at the very minimum - and for you to be using Hotfix 6.

The Shin-Ra mansion is normal- please make sure there's a bug before reporting.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-21 04:50:51 by DLPB »

oblongsausage

• View Profile
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has come across or might have some insight on this freezing problem I can't get past. I didn't see it at all mentioned online or in the reunion database.

When fighting Reno during the pillar assault, every time he casts pyramid, my game freezes right when it hits my party (the boss music continues playing) and I have to force the game closed to get it to close (no reunion crash popup). When disabling Reunion, no problem. I've tried reinstalled the entire game and Reunion, along with fiddling with Reunion settings, but to no avail.

Any ideas on what I might try? DLPB mentioned there's no data in my app.log and to wait for R06b but I figured I would ask because it literally happens every single time I try to fight Reno on his first cast.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-21 04:44:29 by oblongsausage »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Turn off 60fps battles and see what happens.  I'm going to need your save regardless. I know I keep saying that, but there's no way I can have a chance of replicating bugs without save files - or, when relevant, app.log and everything else mentioned on post 1.  8)
« Last Edit: 2020-01-21 04:51:54 by DLPB »

oblongsausage

• View Profile
Turn off 60fps battles and see what happens.  I'm going to need your save regardless. I know I keep saying that, but there's no way I can have a chance of replicating bugs without save files - or, when relevant, app.log and everything else mentioned on post 1.  8)

I've tried FPS at 0, 1, and 2 and no go. The hang happens in the middle of the pyramid spell's textures transitioning.

Here are 3 files (crash.dmp doesn't seem to be generated because the game doesn't crash but hangs, maybe?):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tg3V6XrVFNsoUUbH7AXaZbqi5kJ4RL9D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Change the Mod_ID as well to rule out any additional mods you have installed

oblongsausage

• View Profile
Yes, I did that, thinking it was a problem with HD textures at first. Even with no mod, I get the same problem. Only way to get past the fight is to disable reunion. Thanks again for your time.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Replicated.  Happens only when New Translation is off.

oblongsausage

• View Profile
Really appreciate all of your efforts on this mod. Thank you!

Unrelated question: is it possible to enable the menu enhancement without the new translation? I'm thinking no, but I remember during install, there were some boxes you could check.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-21 21:54:08 by oblongsausage »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Nope - way too much work for me to separate them.  You'd need to manually hex edit.  If it's not in the help file, the answer is going to be no.  :P  You could always place the original files in a custom folder and they'll be loaded instead. Thing is, you'll be needing to use the not yet released and new version of touphScript to encode the text.

Any case, I've located the infinite loop.  Now I have to resolve it.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-21 22:01:22 by DLPB »

gabbsmo

• View Profile
The game hangs when Rufus and Palmer visits Rocket Village :'(

0. Could not find anything about the Rocket Village in the database. Hotfix 6 is installed.
1. I walk into Cid's house, play though the rocket launch flashback, get the Drill arm from the box, walk towards the south west exit, the game then hangs. This is on a fresh Steam install with The Reunion 06 with Hotfix 6. The bug does not reproduce with The Reunion disabled.
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once? Yes.
3. App.log (found in root folder) is attached below.
4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder) is attached below.
5. crash.dmp (found in root folder) does not exist in my case.
6. Your save file (Save 7, file 11) from just before the crash or hang is attached below.

[if this is a performance issue]
7. Your CPU spec: Intel Core i5 3570K
8. Your operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1909

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fuveoz-yzfHi1jM65Qli9UcWXI1BQbZ7?usp=sharing

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm putting the ff7 psx ending back into ff7 pc [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPvwBac6sMc]  - this will mean recording a new FMV of starfield and various additions to code - to make music play, keep the loop, and play the fmv.
But it's doable.  I'm studying the game end code to allow for it.

I've also corrected the following recently:

21.Jan.2020   oblongsausage   Core   Game will hang when Reno uses Pyramid at the top of the pillar.  Doesn't happen when New Translation is on ['More Status' option has been removed - the New Translation option will allow all statuses to be shown - otherwise, the original game's defaults will apply].   Fixed in R06b

21-Nov-2019   DLPB   Core   FF7 logo does not hold on screen after the opening credits.  [I have also sorted the abrupt music fade out which was also present in PSX game]   Fixed in R06b

20-Nov-2019   DLPB   Core (Modding framework)   Items will not be correct by alphabetical order in the menu when their names are changed.   Fixed in R06b

21-Nov-2019   mitz   Installer   Installer does not like high DPI settings.
Special thanks to unab0mb for testing.

non reunion bugs:

ff7.exe   Yes   The field random number generator is easily exploited and is not good enough.   "DLPB
NFITC1"   DLPB   R06b

ff7.exe   No   Movies can terminate when the game window focus is lost.  This is most noticable with the ending FMVs - as they will not restart again when focus is regained.   DLPB   DLPB   R06b

« Last Edit: 2020-01-23 23:57:39 by DLPB »

oblongsausage

• View Profile
I'm putting the ff7 psx ending back into ff7 pc [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPvwBac6sMc]  - this will mean recording a new FMV of starfield and various additions to code - to make music play, keep the loop, and play the fmv.
But it's doable.  I'm studying the game end code to allow for it.

Just curious: what currently happens with the ending on the current Steam version with Reunion installed?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
With or without is the same - the game closes down.  I haven't touched the code, so it's completely unaltered.