Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079216 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #225 on: 2008-09-04 00:20:55 »
No I thint it's a bug. I don't think that animation is ment to target all. I'll check it out! Thanks for letting me know!

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #226 on: 2008-09-04 15:26:30 »
Ok the bug is fixed! Download in the 1st post.

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2008-09-09 17:12:03 »
So i just got to cosmo canyon.  i havent had any real problems,  i had to level a bit to defeat the jenova on the boat  and i had to level a bit to beat that crazy monster guarding the titan materia

in my opinion bottomswell should be a little tougher as well as reno and rude when you find them in gongaga (some of the random encounters in gongaga are harder than they are)

when is the silver chocobo supposed to be killed?  there is no way in hell i could beat him when i first encountered him thats for sure.

question for ya,  does that trio of 1rst class soldiers ever come back in the game? the ones from the shinra tower? i thought they were interesting, i just wish i had a better chance of stealing, i couldnt get any of their items.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #228 on: 2008-09-09 22:04:47 »
ok thanks! It's still too easy huh? The trio returns yes! And to be honest I though that Chocobo would be easy. hmmm... must have miscalculated lol.

I dodn't think it's that hard in the gi cave either. And I may have forgotten to make the other fights with the Turks harder. Sadly I haven't much time these days to update (as always lol).

whoops, just checked. The chocobo wasn't supposed to have that much hp. And it wasn't supposed to immune to paralyze either. Feel free to fix it with Hojo. Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming!

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2008-09-10 20:26:32 »
ok thanks! It's still too easy huh? The trio returns yes! And to be honest I though that Chocobo would be easy. hmmm... must have miscalculated lol.

I didn't think it's that hard in the gi cave either. And I may have forgotten to make the other fights with the Turks harder. Sadly I haven't much time these days to update (as always lol).

whoops, just checked. The chocobo wasn't supposed to have that much hp. And it wasn't supposed to immune to paralyze either. Feel free to fix it with Hojo. Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming!

The gi cave, yea i thought it was a little too easy other than the gi nattak boss, he was good.     i just got the tiny bronco and i still cant defeat that big mecha robot soldier thing outside of cosmo canyon, he always uses megaton punch and i get game over before i can kill him,   i just thought i should bring that up because i have no idea when you wanted him to be beatable.       

one question,  are you able to change or edit the reward for looking at all the turtle paradise posters?  i was just wondering, cuz i think it would be a good idea to increase the reward a little.       maybe 2 of each source instead of one.  i dunno its probably not even possible to change it lol

im not trying to be pushy or anything but here is my opinion on some of the bosses so far,

- materia keeper in the nibel cave is too weak,   at least his trine anyways.

- palmer was a joke,  i killed him before he could even get any of my chars into critical condition.  i think that at the very least his HP should be buffed.  i dont think palmer should be too hard or anything but i shouldnt just be able to walk thru him either.

- im too scared to try the wutai quests yet,  without any materia i would be pretty weak, so i think im gonna wait a bit before i try it out. 

right now it seems like the boss that guards the titan materia is stronger/harder than the materia keeper and the gi nattak  and the lost number too.   im not sure if thats how you intended everything, i just thought i would mention it.

id like to hear others opinions of the bosses and other stuff i mentioned, i know theres some that have played as far or further than me in this mod

last thing i wanted to say,  im loving this game so much right now, i loved ff7 vanilla but now its the same thing but an actual challenge and its balanced, it makes me wonder how much more popular ff7 wouldve been if it had a normal mode and then a hard mode that was the same as your mod,  haha i wish.  gjoerulv you did an even better job than i had hoped, i love  how sometimes ill get gameover and have to try again with a different approach/strategy. its a whole different game compared to if you would of just simply buffed all the stats of everything.

i tried to keep this whole msg short so i wouldnt waste your time, lol im sorry i get carried away sometimes when im really into something.
« Last Edit: 2008-09-10 20:28:24 by Tyler_Wu »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #230 on: 2008-09-11 16:57:41 »
Relax dude. I like to get feedback! I'm kinda embarrassed 'cause I didn't get much time to test this mod myself.

The gi cave, yea i thought it was a little too easy other than the gi nattak boss, he was good.     i just got the tiny bronco and i still cant defeat that big mecha robot soldier thing outside of cosmo canyon, he always uses megaton punch and i get game over before i can kill him,   i just thought i should bring that up because i have no idea when you wanted him to be beatable.       

Well that Golem is supposed to a challenge in the game, that isn't beatable the 1st time around at least.

one question,  are you able to change or edit the reward for looking at all the turtle paradise posters?  i was just wondering, cuz i think it would be a good idea to increase the reward a little. maybe 2 of each source instead of one.  i dunno its probably not even possible to change it lol

Yes that is possible. It's just to repeat the code x times you want the sources.

- materia keeper in the nibel cave is too weak,   at least his trine anyways.

That's quite easy to fix. I'll just give it more magic power. Or anyone else can.

- palmer was a joke,  i killed him before he could even get any of my chars into critical condition.  i think that at the very least his HP should be buffed.  i dont think palmer should be too hard or anything but i shouldnt just be able to walk thru him either.

I just couldn't bring myself to make Palmer hard. Sorry lol.

- im too scared to try the wutai quests yet,  without any materia i would be pretty weak, so i think im gonna wait a bit before i try it out. 

Try it! Others have complained it was too easy there in the previous mod.

right now it seems like the boss that guards the titan materia is stronger/harder than the materia keeper and the gi nattak  and the lost number too.   im not sure if thats how you intended everything, i just thought i would mention it..

He should at least be beatable before you leave rocket town. That was the general idea. And Lost Number kinda sucks if you can't beat him the 1st time around. In my opinion at least. 'Cause then you must wait to get Vincent. You could make another way to get the key and save Lost Number for the Cosmo Memory though. But to be honest that sounds kinda stupid considering Hojo's note.

Have anyone beaten this mod yet. Is Sephiroth Beatable? I kinda wait for flaming stating it's impossible to beat him lol.

Archu

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2008-09-11 20:49:55 »
Titan Materia Boss?
I think i've missed something here. Because once i got the reactor, i simply took the Titan Materia and ran off.
I wasn't encountered by any specific Boss monster.   :|

..Which one is it? (Model, name)  :-o

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2008-09-13 01:18:47 »
Hi, I'm new.

Quote from: gjoerulv
Quote from: Tyler_Wu on 2008-09-10 21:26:32

Could extra enemies be added to this fight? I have tried to add some by hex editing scene151, but the game crashes when the fight starts (either due to some horrendous and amateurish oversight by me or something about that scene that frowns upon extra enemies).

Since one can hardly imagine a man who has lard(!) in his tea being much of a fighter, this might be the best way to make the fight both challenging and believable. They could be the "security" he summons before the battle starts.

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2008-09-13 01:54:49 »

And Lost Number kinda sucks if you can't beat him the 1st time around. In my opinion at least. 'Cause then you must wait to get Vincent. You could make another way to get the key and save Lost Number for the Cosmo Memory though. But to be honest that sounds kinda stupid considering Hojo's note.

i completely agree with you on lost number.   

about palmer,  yea i dont think he should be hard either,  he is a joke, and he should stay a joke lol.     i do kinda like the idea of adding a little bit of security (one or two soldiers to help palmer out)

new feedback

- i noticed that lord godo (the top of the pagoda in wutai) gives 5000 ap!!    i like that, BUT i found him to be a bit too easy if you come well prepared with  regen, mighty guard, biaga, and having the elemental-gravity combo in your armour hes not much of a challenge. 

- i loved the jenova battle right after aeris dies,  it was intense, i was all wide awake and on my toes the whole time, took me 4 tries to beat that boss.  it was a lot of fun.  i think that boss battle is perfect. its the most fun ive had out of all battles so far in this mod.  now i should mention i had the water ring but i wasnt using the aurora armlet OR the adaman bangle so that mightve made a difference in difficulty.

- kjata summon materia...   i cannot beat these 3 bosses,  im like level 50 now and have curaga, white wind, mighty guard, comet, etc etc.  and i still cant beat them.   i think i just havent figured out a good strategy yet,  i havent tried psn or demi or parlalyze confuse so maybe ill have to try those next time.

mecha soldier in cosmo canyon,   still cant kill him before he knocks everyone out, even with casting slow on him and haste on me.   i did steal a couple turbo ethers off him tho, is that the only real reason to fight him?

bug?   i just got hyper jump limit break for cid.   i tried it on those bosses that guard kjata summon materia.     it crashes the game everytime! lol
maybe it has something to do with hyper jump having a chance at causing the status death?

im going to the great glacier and all that tomorrow,  ill let you know what i think of all that.

ADIDAS

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2008-09-13 06:42:52 »
I've just beaten the Silver Chocobo  :-D , well I was lucky , it didn't use Death Blow  :-P
So everytime I get a summon materia , I need to fight a boss ?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #235 on: 2008-09-13 15:24:44 »
Hi, I'm new.
Quote from: Tyler_Wu on 2008-09-10 21:26:32

Could extra enemies be added to this fight? I have tried to add some by hex editing scene151, but the game crashes when the fight starts (either due to some horrendous and amateurish oversight by me or something about that scene that frowns upon extra enemies).

Since one can hardly imagine a man who has lard(!) in his tea being much of a fighter, this might be the best way to make the fight both challenging and believable. They could be the "security" he summons before the battle starts.

No you see, The tiny bronco and the truck are also enemies in that battle, and it's only possible with three different enemies in 1 battle. You must alter Palmer's AI script if you wish to change this battle.

new feedback

- i noticed that lord godo (the top of the pagoda in wutai) gives 5000 ap!!    i like that, BUT i found him to be a bit too easy if you come well prepared with  regen, mighty guard, biaga, and having the elemental-gravity combo in your armour hes not much of a challenge. 

- kjata summon materia...   i cannot beat these 3 bosses,  im like level 50 now and have curaga, white wind, mighty guard, comet, etc etc.  and i still cant beat them.   i think i just havent figured out a good strategy yet,  i havent tried psn or demi or parlalyze confuse so maybe ill have to try those next time.

mecha soldier in cosmo canyon,   still cant kill him before he knocks everyone out, even with casting slow on him and haste on me.   i did steal a couple turbo ethers off him tho, is that the only real reason to fight him?

bug?   i just got hyper jump limit break for cid.   i tried it on those bosses that guard kjata summon materia.     it crashes the game everytime! lol
maybe it has something to do with hyper jump having a chance at causing the status death?

im going to the great glacier and all that tomorrow,  ill let you know what i think of all that.

Ok Godo too easy!

The Kujata Materia fight was supposed to be beatable in line With Jenova Life. Hmmm... Perhaps they need less HP. You should dispel 'em a lot. Have one ally do DeSpell+all if needed. And the Goons can be slowed. They were supposed to be weak to the opposite element though, but it seems I forgot that. Sorry.

Yeah the Hyper jump has always been buggy. Not just in my mod though. There might be a problems with the elements in the fight though. Or the fact that Levant is immune to everything before yuo kill those goons.

And that Golem is still too hard too. I like it!  :evil:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2008-09-13 20:17:01 »
No you see, The tiny bronco and the truck are also enemies in that battle, and it's only possible with three different enemies in 1 battle. You must alter Palmer's AI script if you wish to change this battle.

I see... well, everything makes sense now.
Perhaps this fight can remain a bit of comic relief.

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2008-09-14 20:43:39 »
i finally got to schizo and he wasnt really all that hard once i gave one person a ice ring, one a fire ring,  and all 3 of them a dragon armlet.  just need to make sure they have enough hp to survive the quake3 spell and thats all there is to worry about really.

the gold dragon that guards the neo bahamut materia was so hard that i had to level a bit.  went up 4 levels.  then i tried gold dragon 3 more times and managed to win. was pretty hard.

ive tried jenova death 4 times now,  ill try a couple more times.  two of my hp plus materia only need about 600 more ap to level up so maybe ill go do that then ill try jenova again.
« Last Edit: 2008-09-15 03:43:40 by Tyler_Wu »

Archu

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2008-09-15 13:37:48 »
Aight, fixed the new bosses. Forgot to replace the flevel file >>;

Anyhow, the Phoenix bosses were VERY tricky. It took me about half an hour at first before i figured out how i could prevent them from reviving.
But it's a very good idea nonetheless gjoerulv.  8-)

The train bosses were hard hitting, and quite hard. But i didn't get to the fight with the soldier trio because my time ran out. So maybe there's a way to give us a little more time instead? =0

Currently i'm at the underwater reactor. Just beaten Carry Armor, which wasn't really that difficult. He hits pretty hard, especially it's criticals, but he's rather slow.

Some random bug i encountered were the mobs at the Mideel Area. The insects with the sleep attack have an instant death attack, but you can't notice it because your damage only decreases with the amount of damage they do.. [Around 2000] Maybe fix that up some more. ; ]

Besides from that, i'm looking forward for the next challenges.  :wink:

EDIT: Oh. By the way.. Hojo's last form tends to crash my game after a certain amount of time.
« Last Edit: 2008-09-17 11:51:25 by Archu »

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2008-09-16 20:11:09 »
runaway train-  i tried this quest 6 times.  every single time i would  kill everything until i got to that trio of soldiers, they would completely slaughter me with ease every single time AND it didnt help that i only had 2 or 3 minutes left on the clock by the time i got to them. so eventually i just killed everything up to those trio of soldiers then i would let the time run out on purpose because there is no way i would be getting past the soldiers.

i was just about to come in here and say the phoenix bosses were way too easy  but then i saw archus post so maybe i was just lucky i guessÉ

i just kept casting stop-all  so all of the red birds were stopped the entire fight cuz i just kept recasting it.  then my other two characters would just spam  comet 2  and and freeze.  i think they should all be immune to to stop  or maybe just make it so stop has a smaller chance of succeeding.  because stop made this battle so easy i seriously could of just held the x button down   (im playing with a playstation controller hooked up to it)  the entire fight.

carry armor was also quite easy,  not one of my chars died once,   i think his lapis laser should be waaaaay stronger and then that would probably be good enough. maybe speed him up a tiny bit as well.

rude at rocket town- two turns and it was over,  just casted comet 2 twice and maybe one of the contain spells and that was it,  nuff said.  kinda pissed me off because i accidently killed him before i could steal the ziedrich. 

gelninka rude and reno-  is this battle meant to be done right before you go to midgar to fight hojo and the turks, proud clodÉ        because i just killed diamond weapon  and i cannot kill rude and reno, its freaken hard i actually gave up. and it would be even harder if i was using up turns trying to steal the tough ring and zeidrich from them!

diamond weapon-  i really liked this battle, i thought it was great,  he even gave me 35000 exp AND 35000 AP too.  if you plan on changing diamond weapon in any way i would suggest just making him a tiny bit faster.

Anno999999

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2008-09-16 22:02:08 »
The Midgar Zolom needs to be vamped alot.

the first time i got there i beat him over and over again. he gives alot of xp and ap i kinda abused.

After getting beta i killed the silver chocobo

I have a nice strategy of beating him easily which relys on he only uses physical attacks, Is there any way u can add elemental damage to his attack? alot of it? because what i did was,

Barret - gattling gun ( intial equpit that gives alot of vit), carbon bangle  protect vest (the one that gives 50 to vit)
           Materia 5x cover

Cloud Silver armlet ( got form theo lock or venus) and a talisman ( 50 to spirit ) with the hardedge
       Materia restore and in the armour elemental + fire

Nanaki  equiptment not important
            Materia Bio and sence

Start battle having barret and cloud with full limits

have barret defend

Have cloud heal barret every turn

Nanaki uses bio and sence

every attack the zolom with back row and saddness with defend did 250 reg hit and 500 critical which always hit barret

every time poisen did 650 damage use sence.

At 4000 hp have nanaki attack twice

He stans up and kick  him out,

With ~1200+ hp have barret use a limit, wait for beta then cloud use his limit.

durring the longer animations he takes 1300 damage, barrets limit does the damge + 650, beta makes him take 1300 damage and then clouds limit + 650 more.

Beta did 721 do cloud, he lived and zolom died so did barret, save and fight him again after u heal and he gives like 2500 exp? and 150 ap

i abused this somewhat :-/ if u add elemental damage and more damage or like a hit all attack this plan wouldent work preventing abuse :-X

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #241 on: 2008-09-17 01:43:08 »
Nice one! It seems you did some leveling before you fought it. I mean, you need 12 000 AP to get Cover to level 3 and 40 000 to level 5. The limits could be easier to gain though.

I've never had Cover beyond level 2 when I got here. As I see it this plan could easily fail with a lvl 4 Cover. Imo too much leveling early makes the game boring, hardcore or not.

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2008-09-17 11:24:57 »
im gonna have to take back what i said about reno and rude being extremely hard on the gelninka.

it took about 8 gameovers but eventually i found out that reno is easily taken out of the fight but just casting stop on him. after this is done the battle isnt too hard, just about right i think.

now as for the trio of turks in sector 8 midgar. i think they should be buffed considerably, i beat them my first try and they didnt even get any of my characters into critical condition. elenas fire attack does like 1200 dmg or something like that lol.

even easier was the proud clod. he seemed exactly the same as vanilla ff7 except maybe more hp?  i dunno but his knee bend and his beam cannon both do less than 2000 dmg.  this boss i could of just held the x button down the whole time and won with one person casting comet 2,one person casting ultima and another casting curaga.  just like that over and over.  of course i did slow him and did cast haste on all my chars but still.

after that i got to that trio of soldiers, locke and whoever, right before hojo.      they slaughter me in like 3 turns,  even if i leveled for an hour i would still get mangled by these guys.  i really think they need to be looked at,  along with these same 3 soldiers back when you fight them on the runaway train.   maybe they are weak to paralyze or sleep and i just havent noticed yet? i dunno, im sure you will tell me if im just being dumb.

so in summary please make this list of bosses harder or at least take a look at them to see if there is anything you might like to change.

- the 3 turks in sector 8
- carry armour
- proud clod (this guy is one of the top 3 easiest bosses in the game along with palmer)
- rude at rocket town
- maybe the birds guarding phoenix (can easily use stop on all of them... easy win)

i also wanted to ask about a couple weapons,  tifas premium heart has an attack of only 48or something like that but the real problem is that it does crap dmg unless tifas limit break meter is mostly full. any way you can change that?   and yuffies conformer only has an attack of 15?!? thats no ultimate weapon! altho i guess if the conformer had high attack like vannila ff7 it would be unfair because of the whol full dmg when using morph thing.

i liked the monsters in sector 8 and the gelninka plane too.  the behemoth in sector 8 was fun to fight with.

Archu

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2008-09-17 12:02:15 »
@Tyler: Could you figure out if your game crashes at Hojo's last form aswell once you get there? I'd like to know if.. and for the sake it's not the mod causing the crash.

Btw, my strategy for fighting the Phoenix bosses was to enter battle with 0 MP and rely on all my healing items. That way they can't absorb your mp when one of their allies die.
It's a matter of patience before all of them run out of magic  :-P

Oh and, try to stock up on LOAD of HP Plusses, Full limit bars and Gravity magic when fighting the trio near Hojo, Tyler. It worked for me.  8-)

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2008-09-17 12:13:18 »
ill try your advice.

i should have time to play today so when i get to hojo ill let you know if i crash.

Anno999999

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2008-09-17 19:04:17 »
Nice one! It seems you did some leveling before you fought it. I mean, you need 12 000 AP to get Cover to level 3 and 40 000 to level 5. The limits could be easier to gain though.

I've never had Cover beyond level 2 when I got here. As I see it this plan could easily fail with a lvl 4 Cover. Imo too much leveling early makes the game boring, hardcore or not.

No i bought 5 covers at the shop, each lvl 1 with 20%, so 5 covers @ 20% = 100%

No Massive leveling required, i dident gain any levers and got annihilated by jenova birth, i had to do some lvleing for her even with  a shinra-alpha from the Junon Patron

Ps You have brought back an amazing game and I LOVE THIS MOD!

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #246 on: 2008-09-17 23:12:17 »
No i bought 5 covers at the shop, each lvl 1 with 20%, so 5 covers @ 20% = 100%

Ahh! I see! Smart move.

@Archu. Is there a bug in Hojo's last form?

moraelyn

« Reply #247 on: 2008-09-18 00:12:40 »
Can you guys post your character and/or materia levels approximately for each boss? I have different opinions for some bosses and I was thinking it may be the level difference.

- I just beat Lost Number (at level 29) and I found him to be quite hard, since he could two-shot any of my party members when he turned blue. I basically just healed my party till he died from poison. I figured he'd be easier if he turned red but I couldn't get him to and he went down anyway at the 5th or 6th try so..

- Gi Nattak (at level 28) was also pretty hard, he could one-shot Aeris and Aspil was a pain in the ass. I actually had to use 5 Ethers and a few Phoenix Downs/Hi-Potions just in that one fight, cause I couldn't be arsed to run through the Gi Cave again, otherwise I'd have resetted the fight. Without Aeris' Fury Brand I probably couldn't have won at all.

- I thought the boss guarding the Titan materia (at level 26) was piss-easy compared to Gi Nattak and Lost Number. I didn't have Fury Brand at the time, but Healing Wind helped A LOT with the healing.

- Reno and Rude in Gongaga (at level 25) gave me some serious trouble the first time around, cause Reno spammed Turk Light and drained all my characters' MP. Second time I was luckier and they went down without much hassle.

- Jenova Birth (at level 21) was the most all-around challenging and fun boss battle (along with Motor Ball). I even enjoyed getting wiped at Jenova cause it gave me the chance to redo the whole thing :P I'm looking forward to the other Jenova battles :)

P.S.1 : Has anyone fought the Hellrider VR2 yet? I encountered him once, but I hadn't saved for a while so when I saw he was unsensable I ran :P

P.S.2 : Can you make all enemies sensable? Or make Sense materia level to Scan that can sense anything (or at least have a much higher HP cap)? Seeing bosses' HP ramp up so quickly I'm guessing Sense loses usefulness much earlier in the game than before.

Archu

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2008-09-18 12:49:44 »
@Archu. Is there a bug in Hojo's last form?
Well, for me the last form of Hojo crashes whenever he tries to do a certain move. I tried several attempts to prevent him from busting a move at me, but his high hp prevents from doing it.

The first try he casted stop for his first attack, then it crashed. Second attempt he combo'd about 2 characters.. and it crashed. Third time i unleashed all of my chars limit breaks.. it crashed, without him doing a move.
I'm not sure what's causing it, but it could be a certain attack that might affect all my chars instead of one in vanilla FF7. Like the same bug i mentioned in Jenova Birth.

@moraelyn: Yeh, i fought the Hellrider VR2, but that was before i did the Huge Materia quest at Fort Condor.  Wasn't much of a challenge by that time  8-)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #249 on: 2008-09-18 15:49:40 »
Ok I think it is fixed. He counters magic with Comet. If the crash happens after you attack him with magic that's the problem. Check 1st post for the update. Again you only need to dl the newest kernel + scene ZIP.

I've also updated some enemies based on the latest replies. @Tyler_wu: If you still have problems against the Soldiers let me know.