Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000667 times)

ringk

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.83)
« Reply #1150 on: 2015-08-23 15:39:13 »
you have unchecked visisble in the PHS section..  Please read the post above as that uses is the same as yours. it seams that affects both visisble in the PHS and visible in the Materia Exchange Menu
Even if i check it, the problem is still there! :(
« Last Edit: 2015-08-23 15:59:02 by ringk »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1151 on: 2015-08-24 13:24:08 »
ahh well looking at the most current windows version there seams to be a bug that those boxes don't work (thought i fixed that before release but it must have been after)

if you change in the hexeditor tab
10A6 to FF
10A7 to 01
that will enable them all and should fix your problem . i will release a new copy of black chcoobo after i finish my HiDpi fixes. hopefully in not to long from now.

here is a link to your file with those change http://www.megafileupload.com/9d4g/save00.ff7

ringk

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 2015-08-24 17:29:17 »
ahh well looking at the most current windows version there seams to be a bug that those boxes don't work (thought i fixed that before release but it must have been after)

if you change in the hexeditor tab
10A6 to FF
10A7 to 01
that will enable them all and should fix your problem . i will release a new copy of black chcoobo after i finish my HiDpi fixes. hopefully in not to long from now.

here is a link to your file with those change http://www.megafileupload.com/9d4g/save00.ff7

Man, you're the boss! I was starting ff7 all over from the beginning, and already getting nervous as I was getting near the half an hour story part in Kalm, thanks! Lots of thanks! (BTW all menu entries from item to config where greyed out, but i fixed by unchecking only those boxes from the editor)

LionHeart808

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: 2015-08-27 19:30:46 »
Hi, does this trainer work with the new IOS port? and if not, could you direct me to one that does?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 2015-08-27 19:51:57 »
Hi, does this trainer work with the new IOS port? and if not, could you direct me to one that does?
I don't have the iOS port, but from what I understand, the save files are the same. However, I think your device might need to be jailbroken in order to have direct filesystem access, which you'd need in order to get the modified save on there at all.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1155 on: 2015-09-18 19:47:04 »
There will be an update for black chocobo soon as i get some time to do a final test and package. Please see the changelog for more info.

Paladinight

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 2015-09-28 03:32:23 »
Hey sithlord48 first off I want to say thank you so much for this, it really helps when wanting to check if I've missed anything, and for testing various challenge strategies. I have a quick question, when checking the maps I noticed that fort condor map has the none of the items checked even though I have not missed a single fort condor battle, also a similar thing has occurred with the sniper rifle chest in the temple of the ancients so I was wondering if there's was just something wrong with my save or something else.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1157 on: 2015-09-28 14:23:01 »
Thank you for your bug report. I check all the varibles while im adding them so they should all work (at least they did when i tested)  . it is possible that later on in the game something changes those bits or i just have them looking in the wrong spot (or some third thing). when i get a chance i will look in to this more and if the problem can be fixed it will be for the new release.

affect fields are:
kuro_2 (silver rifle)
convil_2 (all rewards)

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 2015-10-01 12:42:26 »
hey

i would like to request that the slot gameover to be added on here please

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1159 on: 2015-10-01 15:46:47 »
hey

i would like to request that the slot gameover to be added on here please
what?

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 2015-10-01 16:09:36 »
hey Sithlord48

what i mean is, a lucky cat sith slot to be added on your save editor please

so people can have a easier time to land the gameover slot on ff7

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1161 on: 2015-10-01 17:14:11 »
hey Sithlord48

what i mean is, a lucky cat sith slot to be added on your save editor please

so people can have a easier time to land the gameover slot on ff7

you can already give cait both his limits. the savedata has nothing to do with the "luck"  to get gameover from his limit.

Paladinight

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 2015-10-06 06:18:55 »
Hey sithlord48, sorry but I have two new questions. First off does the global progress variable increase if you win either the Umbrella / Flayer in the speed square, as trying to get 5000+ points without the Zepplin is a bit difficult, and secondly are the items you win for obtaining 90+ points in  the snowboarding courses not considered field items I just checked games_2 and they're not there. Also I forgot to mention I'm on the Windows version of BC.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1163 on: 2015-10-06 12:15:39 »
First off does the global progress variable increase if you win either the Umbrella / Flayer in the speed square, as trying to get 5000+ points without the Zepplin is a bit difficult,
Umbrella as a reward is only possible if the global progress is less then 1008. the progress doesn't increase when you receive them
and secondly are the items you win for obtaining 90+ points in  the snowboarding courses not considered field items I just checked games_2 and they're not there. Also I forgot to mention I'm on the Windows version of BC.
There seams to be no rewards given from the snowboard game on this field.(script checked in makoureactor)  maybe the mini game gives you the item(s) ?
« Last Edit: 2015-10-06 12:23:16 by sithlord48 »

Paladinight

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 2015-10-06 12:48:21 »
Ah I see thank you so much :)

omnia7

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: 2015-11-20 15:52:39 »
I have some troubles with the Snowboard timers.. the game shows me very different numbers :O

These are my times (Black Chocobo Portable):
http://postimg.org/image/vkcxvusz1/

In-game they become:
http://postimg.org/image/5tqea2l4f/
http://postimg.org/image/5r6in8hgv/
http://postimg.org/image/8mjlu3lgv/

The strange thing is that the installed version has the same values wrong but they are different:
http://postimg.org/image/x4kmv407f/

The real weird fact is that the Portable version retrieves different values in other fields (Aeris's flags in PHS Manager, Unlocked Vincent, Speed Square, G-Bike, Number Steps) which are actually correct in the installed version.
http://postimg.org/image/s4vks1xdd/

I use Windows 7 64-bit and both version recognize Uk English (PAL) as the savegame's region which is correct because I have the UK PAL game.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1166 on: 2015-11-21 14:05:33 »
Thank you for the bug report.
sounds like you have the portable version of 1.9.82 and the installed version of1.9.83. If possible checkout and build the current version from the git trunk. To see if this is now fixed.

Since this is working correctly for the NTSC version i will have to look into why its wrong in the PAL version.The way the time is saved the difference in the internal clock shouldn't matter.

Fastest Time For Snowboard Beginner Course. Format: MMSSTTT0 90 27 36 02 in the file is a time of 2'36"279 (value is 32bit int so will become 02362790 when read )

i just have a few questions for you . is this save unaltered from your game ? was it at some point NTSC or in the PC version ? have you made any other changes ? Ill also need you to check the versions of both buids you are using.

omnia7

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: 2015-11-21 20:22:59 »
Unaltered no, because I edited the Coaster Shooter High Scores to get the prizes and the Inventory to add the Umbrella, Masamune Blade, Super Sweeper, 1/35 Soldier and it worked perfectly. However I create this save on my own with ePSXe, not downloaded it.

It always is the PAL version (I'm using the ISO images from my original disks) and I didn't change a thing about region/version.

I uninstalled the previous version and installed the one hosted on GitHub.. however the bug still remains. :(

Installed version

Edited timers

Course A

Course B

Course C

I downloaded the Portable build from here and the results are:

Portable build

Wrong values

Same screen from installed version

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1168 on: 2015-11-21 21:02:34 »
I have just tried w/ the current build of black chcoboo (built from source) the times are correct for both the pal and ntsc versions.  i can confirm that the issus is in v1.8.83 and is fixed for the next release.

chrisblack24

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: 2015-12-07 23:44:04 »
Hello guys, just recently FF7 was released for the PS4 and it's using the save00.ff7 format. Unfortunately Black Chocobo can't bypass this when I tried due to giving me a "Failed to load" error, so perhaps another new Black Chocobo update for the PS4 version?
« Last Edit: 2015-12-08 00:03:24 by chrisblack24 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1170 on: 2015-12-08 14:09:58 »
Hello guys, just recently FF7 was released for the PS4 and it's using the save00.ff7 format. Unfortunately Black Chocobo can't bypass this when I tried due to giving me a "Failed to load" error, so perhaps another new Black Chocobo update for the PS4 version?

While it does use a file named save##.ff7 this file is not a typical ff7 save. First off its 10MB! (should be ~128kb). This file is a block of cryptographic data that will need to be decrypted (The public key is exported as save##.ff7.bin). Once we figure out what kind of encryption it is using on the file we should be able to open it using the exported bin file . If we are lucky this will happen by the next release of Black Chocobo. Editing this save is a whole different problem as it will require the Private key from the console in order for the machine to accept it back as a legit save. Since the Ps4 re re re release of FF7 is using the standard Ps4 save format this might be possible when those keys are mined out of the system and the crypto methods used are exposed by people working on hacking the ps4

RGSPro

• View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: 2015-12-10 17:25:42 »
While it does use a file named save##.ff7 this file is not a typical ff7 save. First off its 10MB! (should be ~128kb). This file is a block of cryptographic data that will need to be decrypted (The public key is exported as save##.ff7.bin). Once we figure out what kind of encryption it is using on the file we should be able to open it using the exported bin file . If we are lucky this will happen by the next release of Black Chocobo. Editing this save is a whole different problem as it will require the Private key from the console in order for the machine to accept it back as a legit save. Since the Ps4 re re re release of FF7 is using the standard Ps4 save format this might be possible when those keys are mined out of the system and the crypto methods used are exposed by people working on hacking the ps4

I am about 3/4 of the way through my PSOne Classic on the PS3.  It's been awesome being able to convert it through the PSP and even convert it back onto PSX memory card and play on the original console.  PS4 support would really make my day!

Sackables

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: 2015-12-11 21:32:32 »
This program is amazing, I registered just to ask a quick question/bug report.

I'm running FF7 - Steam Version/Win7 Un-modded

While changing my location on the world map, it doesn't move me to the location I place the leader at.

It is way off base from where I right clicked on the map, such as if I placed myself next to Kalm then loaded up the game I wouldn't be put even close to Kalm but some other location. I searched to see if this is a common problem but couldn't find anything.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1173 on: 2015-12-12 00:52:38 »
It has been a long time since i have played with the world map section so its possible there are things that need to be fixed . I did a quick test and moving around the world map seams to be working correctly. I had a save ran to the world map , saved, then moved the location to near kalm on the world map in black chocobo , and loaded my save.The world map can be kinda funny about showing some models but i dont recall any problems with placements.

KusanagiShiro

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: 2015-12-12 05:56:24 »
There is a huge bug. The Limit Gauge no longer moves after editing a save in latest version!