Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007745 times)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
another one:

-with 60fps battles set to 1 the status effect slow has the stop animation for all my characters, they looked stopped, but can act and are just slowed, i can repeat this by just casting slow on a teammate, and slow works normally when 60fps battles is turned off

Kyrith

• View Profile
Require app.log, reunion.log, audio.log - as first post.

Can't tell, was this in reference to me? My logs are provided in the og comment I was quoting! Sorry for the confusion

Here they are again though:

3. App.log (found in root folder)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z43v7nUhjiE9QOuNOCvG4hFOJh_B8xzq/view?usp=sharing

4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1itvaMJqUj4LZAvKJBYJ2Jj9L5OHxOMhV/view?usp=sharing

5. crash.dmp (found in root folder)

There was no crash so I don't think this file exists

6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18rilzefgZuL4zHHTzRRBfuP5Qne_FumS/view?usp=sharing

(If that was not in reference to me, then my sincerest apologies)
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 03:01:32 by Kyrith »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Orichalcon
Do you have a video to illustrate it?  I haven't seen it before.

Kyrith

• View Profile
Here's a link to my Google drive video showcasing the issue (sorry for the poor quality): https://photos.app.goo.gl/ihapGPPWt4MXvf2D8

And here's audio.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11QAA262UE7bVg0l9L9aceJJ-LtZTMXWx/view?usp=sharing

That video should be shareable publicly (tested that via a friend opening it), lemme know if I messed that up.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
@Orichalcon
Do you have a video to illustrate it?  I haven't seen it before.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17xxPHDzogYoXPalvG9WX-a68OZN-CTc1/view?usp=sharing

this enemy shown doing it is how i figured it out, but i then was curious if it was just this enemy move or the status effect slow, so i slowed a teammate in the next battle and the same thing happened

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Are you *sure* this status is slow and not stop?  Check submenu for the status.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
Are you *sure* this status is slow and not stop?  Check submenu for the status.

100%

this move from this enemy slows as normal when i turn off 60fps battles, and also i can attack normally and the time bar fills as normal with the animation like that the whole time

and also i casted slow from the time materia on cid and the same thing happened

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I need you to double check the status as you play.  When it stops, look at the status IN game.  It's likely a bug.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
I need you to double check the status as you play.  When it stops, look at the status IN game.  It's likely a bug.

this is something i have been wondering, how do i check status effects in-game? select just seems to bring up the name, how do i check what status effect a character is under on the battle gui?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Press Square / Switch if using New Translation.

If not, the old way was to try using antidote/elixir etc on yourself. A box will pop up with the status.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
Press Square / Switch if using New Translation.

If not, the old way was to try using antidote/elixir etc on yourself. A box will pop up with the status.

aye yaye yaye, just square the whole time...

anyway: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ne84KMA3OuZniHr2voSchicqj_9KJfSj/view?usp=sharing

edit: it doesnt happen every time, but more than 50% of the time since i discovered it, also i havent left this underground tunnel and tested that either for the record, nor have i tested for mode 2
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 03:58:05 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
i'll investigate.  And definitely doesn't happen with 60fps off?

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
i'll investigate.  And definitely doesn't happen with 60fps off?

Correct, has never happened with it off, and i've played the majority of the game with it off

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Other news.. how has texture issues been with this latest hotfix?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Orichalcon

pause also corrects the issue intermittently while stop is applied.  So... it's 100% related to 60fps

-- It's linked to the missing effect issue.  Something is being altered slightly because of the timing of the pause based frame limiter.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 06:14:21 by DLPB »

skyhawk

• View Profile
As per my issue above (more details provided), I have now tested the game with The Reunion on another TV via HDMI and the problem of no sound in-game (but sound during cutscenes) persists on that TV as well.
Does everything else work as expected when connected to HDMI? Windows sounds, video playback, other games?  I'm connected via HDMI audio to my external receiver and everything (including FF7) works as expected for me.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Orichalcon

pause also corrects the issue intermittently while stop is applied.  So... it's 100% related to 60fps

-- It's linked to the missing effect issue.  Something is being altered slightly because of the timing of the pause based frame limiter.

OK rather hilariously...  there's a counter and depending on what value it has will determine certain effects.  Take Slow:

movsx edx,byte ptr [00BFD0E4]  // value of counter
and edx,01
test edx,edx
je 00424842 
mov eax,[ebp+14] 

The problem is that now we're using frame limiter based on pause, this section of code is being seen 1/4 times.   So values may be

0, 4, 8, 12  ... and then slow will cause animation to stop because what it expects is

1 ,2, 3, 4  -

So it's either always calling the code... or always not calling it.  Rather than calling once every 2 frames.

There will be another counter causing the issue with missing effects...  the effect will be called every frame - or not at all - instead of whatever.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 07:23:33 by DLPB »

usb

• View Profile
True Odin has resolved and the code has been added to my fork also.

thank you very much

skyhawk

• View Profile
So it's either always calling the code... or always not calling it.  Rather than calling once every 2 frames.
Might something like this be responsible for the sometimes missing / always not-flashing gunfire effects?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
that's what i just said above  ;D
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 17:23:13 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
02.Dec.2016   imagelesskink   Menu Enhancement   Certain models and effects can overlap the battle menu.   PRIORITY

I had a look at this and the news isn't good.  Because the visible area is now expanded, no checks were done to ensure Z position for models.   The only solution I can see is to change Z of EVERY menu item to draw on top of models.  The problem is while I can do this for barrier graphic and so on, making the menu and menu borders do the same isn't as simple.  There's no existing Z parameter for it that I can see.

I may need to seek help elsewhere.  I had a look at the model stuff and located where aali's dll drawing the models, but that code is well beyond me and i'm not sure that would fix the issue at any rate.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
thats interesting that the whole thing is linked with another bug...

i figured it would be a simple fix, whoops  :-D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
and i still cant find the part that's causing the fire effects to disappear.  Went through all counters too.

It's 100% the same issue though.  The fire effect cuts out one in two frames.  And with current 60fps we have either fire effect always drawing each frame or not drawing at all. 

Funny thing is the bullet casings that are dropped look better when incorrectly drawn every frame - as you see the full animation.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 23:42:54 by DLPB »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
As per my issue above (more details provided), I have now tested the game with The Reunion on another TV via HDMI and the problem of no sound in-game (but sound during cutscenes) persists on that TV as well.

i've had weird issues when porting sound out of a laptop hdmi before (certain audio playing, and not playing others), i dont know why, but sound coming out of hdmi can be finicky

i'd recommend using some usb speakers (or ones that plug into the 3.5mm jack) alongside the TV for sound, successfully troubleshooting your problem is a slim chance, not to mention a nightmare

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've located problem area for the firing effect.  I had to literally go down every function in the main battle draw function - branching out.