Author Topic: Ehrgeiz Discussion (Was "Import Ehrgeiz models?")  (Read 5990 times)

NeoS

• View Profile
Isn't there a way to import models from Ehrgeiz into FF7? (or using it for something else) I'm a total n00b to programming, but the games are both on PSX so i figured the quality isn't that different, is it? Maybe helpful... :wink:
Anyway, great work on modeling and stuff guys. (I'm kinda jealous for not knowing how it works) :oops:
N.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Ehrgeiz Discussion (Was "Import Ehrgeiz models?")
« Reply #1 on: 2004-09-03 00:49:14 »
Nope.  FF7 doesn't accept new information of any kind.  Most of the mods you see around here was just renaming/editing files already in the game.  Plus, the models are at a differnt scale (and configuration), so...

in short, no, it cant be done currently.

Neo Bahamut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-09-03 10:24:22 »
How about getting Final Fantasy 7 battle models into Ehrgeiz, I thought that the models were kinda crappy in that game

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #3 on: 2004-09-03 10:47:09 »
I can provide no input to this topic because i never seen this game and i dont have its data to look at it.

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-09-04 13:37:52 »
Believe me, if you're a FF7 fan, you should at least play it ONCE.

fa_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2004-09-05 01:21:32 »
hm no u do not have to play it even if u are the gratest ff7 fan. Ehrgeiz is not a real good game. its just a middle class fighting game with square characters

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2004-09-05 02:21:26 »
If I remember correctly, that game doesnt even add to the FFVII storyline, and as mentioned, isnt really that good compared to some of its other rivals (Didnt it come out around the same time as Tekken 2?).

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 2004-09-05 03:21:18 »
I'm bumping this off to the General forum as it seems to have unrecoverably jumped to something off topic.

Reasons being.

1) It is established you can't import Ehrgeiz models into FF7.
2) It is established you can't import FF7 models into Ehrgeiz.
3) The technical aspect of the models quickly dissolved into how cool the games are.

Just doing some cleaning up...

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2004-09-05 21:24:37 »
yeah, you're right.  -_-  But you people have to admit, only since Kingdom Hearts for PS2, the FF7 characters looked cooler in Ehrgeiz.  8) Ok, the game sux a$$ if you count the (absent) storyline in, but still I liked the game for the graphics 3 years ago. And for gameplay, it still is a fine game to play.
(still kinda hoping Square-enix would find it in their hearts to make an Ehrgeiz 2 or something...)
l8tr, N.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2004-09-06 05:36:52 »
Quote from: NeoS
yeah, you're right.  -_-  But you people have to admit, only since Kingdom Hearts for PS2, the FF7 characters looked cooler in Ehrgeiz.  8) Ok, the game sux a$$ if you count the (absent) storyline in, but still I liked the game for the graphics 3 years ago. And for gameplay, it still is a fine game to play.
(still kinda hoping Square-enix would find it in their hearts to make an Ehrgeiz 2 or something...)
l8tr, N.

Never played Ehrgeiz. I guess like a lot of people I got miffed at them with FF10 and such.

Anyhow explain to me are there FF7 characters in Ehrgeiz or something?

Cyb

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2004-09-06 05:46:28 »
Its a fighting game, released a few months before Tekken 3 (Thought it was 2, but double checked). The game included Tifa, Cloud, Vincent, and Sephiroth as playable fighters. It was more of a wrestling game really than a fighting game, but to water it down:

Tekken 3 <- Ehrgeiz

Even if Tekken 3 didnt come out right after it, I doubt it would of done well. It really was an average game, and Tekken 3 is considered one of the best and influencial fighting games along with Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Soul Calibur.

Or even more watered down: The game kind of sucked.

This was before FFX also, 1998 to be exact.

Whats the problem everyone has with FFX? It wasnt fantastic, but it wasnt horrible. I definetly would play X over VIII.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 2004-09-06 06:02:19 »
I kinda liked the random dungeon thing in Ehrgeiz, where it was different every time you played. That was pretty cool.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2004-09-06 06:09:59 »
Thats probally the only thing it had going for it. It might of sold a little better if it didnt come out so close before Tekken 3. Thats like releasing Fugitive Hunter right before MGS3. It doesnt help that the game sucks, but to be overshadowed by a huge giant of a game probally will ward off the 3 people who would of bought it anyways.

I did like the FFVII gimmick though, especially Sephiroth.

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2004-09-06 12:27:37 »
And don't forget Yuffie, unlockable if you beat the game within some time. Well, I kinda liked the (few) FMV's included. Especially the one with Sephiroth in it. One winged angel sounded really cool! (since I only played the pc version of FF7... MIDI -_- ) I actually played it for nostalgic reasons i guess... And the dungeon thing in Ehrgeiz was kind of fun.