Author Topic: Questions regarding the hiatus  (Read 6607 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Questions regarding the hiatus
« on: 2010-05-16 19:17:13 »
Hi

Wanted to answer the questions people had about the status of this project.

Basically the project is on an indefinite hold because pretty much all of the major Voice Actors never started their lines.

The director has moved on to another project at this point to gain a bit of experience and credibility and be able to draw in experienced talent when the time comes to start this back up.

When the project resumes, a complete recast will be held by the director at VAA forums to draw in experienced Voice Actors.  I've submitted my short list of names of current voice actors who should be contacted by the director when this resumes but this is up to him.  We'll post a thread here letting people know they can apply for roles when this starts back up.

Some remaining technical aspects will also be explored at that time.

Thank you.

Oh. So you're going to start again or you're going to continue what you've finished?? Sorry for asking too many questions I'm just really interested in this project. :)
« Last Edit: 2010-07-04 15:27:37 by sl1982 »

Opine

• View Profile
Re: Questions regarding the hiatus
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-16 22:40:10 »
Bah!
Oh well, thanks for letting us know Marc.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-05 03:15:39 »
As much as it pains me to say it, we might all be better off donating to a fund and hiring some smaller time professionals/soon-to-be professionals who are going to take this seriously. If what I saw was any indicator, the project looked appealing to all until they saw the massive work involved. People, FFVII has a LOT of dialog. It's not some "Oh sweet a chance to be a star!" kind of affair, you're looking at a lot of work. Anyone who is in school or has long term plans other than voice acting should pretty much be shown the door.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-05 04:56:22 »
Tsetra isn't kidding about the workload being massive.  Cloud has between 1000 and 2000 lines to record for the entire game.  And a line can consist of over a 100 words.

Massive.

Next up is Tifa and Barret which also have huge roles.

Sephiroth speaks surprinsingly little.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-04 17:10:42 by Marc »

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-04 00:15:55 »
Just a question, was I put on this shortlist?

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-04 05:34:15 »

No. 

But that's not necessarily by any fault of yours as its a VERY short list consisting of above average dedicated individuals who stood above the rest.

I even left my own character spot open to consideration in that list.

When this resumes, you'll be more than welcome to audition again however.

Most roles will be open so there's the possibility that  maybe you'll be awarded a bigger role.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-04 17:11:10 by Marc »

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-10 18:58:00 »

No. 

But that's not necessarily by any fault of yours as its a VERY short list consisting of above average dedicated individuals who stood above the rest.

Most roles will be open so there's the possibility that  maybe you'll be awarded a bigger role.

Ah okay then. Well, I feel that I have improved since the initial auditions so I'll be more than happy to audition for a larger role. When we say an indefinite hold, what steps would one have to take to bring this project back to life?

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-11 06:14:40 »

No. 

Ah okay then. Well, I feel that I have improved since the initial auditions so I'll be more than happy to audition for a larger role. When we say an indefinite hold, what steps would one have to take to bring this project back to life?

The Director is the one steering the boat so he's the only one who could answer that apart from what was mentionned already.