Author Topic: Anime Suggestions for Everyone :)  (Read 26397 times)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Anime Suggestions for Everyone
« Reply #25 on: 2011-02-04 01:39:21 »
Wow, didn't expect such a response.  Thanks for "that thing" you left me Cloudef <_<  >_>  It will help a lot.  Renaming the thread since evidently people want to share.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Suggestions for g/f
« Reply #26 on: 2011-02-04 02:36:38 »
that being said, the animation was rly weird in that - largely in the shading - highly toned ppl der :P

That's one of the reasons I didn't like it; they just didn't look sexy. They looked horrifying, in fact.

The other is that at first I didn't know I'd downloaded a dual audio version and was stuck listening to the BEST DUB EVAR!

....Imari... was cast as an old woman?
« Last Edit: 2011-02-04 02:40:57 by Timu Sumisu »

Klaid Liadon

• View Profile
Re: Anime Suggestions for Everyone :)
« Reply #27 on: 2011-02-04 07:29:13 »
Here's my suggestions (the list is not fully updated)

Classics: Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Saint Seya, Captain Tsubasa

Shonen: (200+ Epidodes) One Piece (the best ever), Bleach

Must: Baccano, Harui Suzumiya no Yuutsu, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Trigun, Excel Saga, Slam Dunk, Gensoumaden Saiyuki, Aegis of Uruk, Sword of Uruk, Hajime no Ippo, Alexander, PaniPoni Dash!, Cowboy Bebop, Abenobashi, Hajime no Ippo, Rainbow, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-02-04 08:44:48 »
Dragon Ball Z
Don't bother. Dragon Ball Z Kai improves on it in every way. Less filler, fewer reused animations, dialogue changes so that it's closer to the manga, five minutes doesn't take three whole episodes, better English dub. Seriously, DBZ Kai > DBZ.

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011-02-04 11:51:59 »
Berserk - It has an awesome revenge history and besides... the guy have a sword that reminds buster sword :D, oh and a lot of monster killing hehe

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011-02-04 15:58:00 »
^ this

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #31 on: 2011-02-04 16:16:42 »
Dragon Ball Z Kai
Actually, it's just Dragonball Kai for some reason  ;)
*hit*

To be honest though, although I haven't ever watched DBK, I don't think I'd prefer it to the original.

It's probably just a nostalgia thing, but some of the filler parts are part of the experience of it all.  For new watchers though, I probably agree that cutting parts out etc. is ok.
I still think they should have re-animated it like how they did the intro though ;D

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011-02-04 18:16:05 »
Dragon Ball Z
Don't bother. Dragon Ball Z Kai improves on it in every way. Less filler, fewer reused animations, dialogue changes so that it's closer to the manga, five minutes doesn't take three whole episodes, better English dub. Seriously, DBZ Kai > DBZ.

Thank you for this. I never watched DBZ. It was aired on CN back when I was new to anime. I tried watching it once, but I couldn't stand the animation style. I have grown in my tastes for anime, and was considering giving it another try. But now I know what to look for when I'm ready to try again.

Dragon Ball Z Kai
Actually, it's just Dragonball Kai for some reason  ;)
*hit*

To be honest though, although I haven't ever watched DBK, I don't think I'd prefer it to the original.

It's probably just a nostalgia thing, but some of the filler parts are part of the experience of it all.  For new watchers though, I probably agree that cutting parts out etc. is ok.
I still think they should have re-animated it like how they did the intro though ;D

For some reason Wikipedia lists it as DBZ Kai

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-02-04 18:57:22 »
The localized version is called Dragon Ball Z Kai. Funimation smartly added a Z so that it'd be more obvious where the source material came from. It's DBK in Japan, DBZK in the US (and prolly anywhere else in the world that uses Funi's dub or is redubbing it themselves).

djhexy

« Reply #34 on: 2011-02-08 17:51:20 »
I've not watched many of the more recent anime series, but if you're looking for more of an oldskool flavour, I can highly recommend the Angel Cop and New Dominion Tank Police mini series, and the superb feature-length Macross Plus, Patlabor the movie and Vampire Hunter D :)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-02-08 23:25:07 »
Gundam 08th MS Team is by far the most intriguing and awesome anime series Ive ever seen. The series made me WANT to live with the characters and experience their world with them lol. I could have watched 1000 episodes of that but alas there were only a few of them.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011-02-20 13:07:45 »
Bible Black

Broke myself laughing.

Anyway, i'm not into anime much too, specially when it comes to girls.
Tho, my top would go

1 - Death Note
2 - Evangelion
3 - Naruto
4 - Rurouni Kenshin
5 - Samurai Champloo
6 - Bleach
7 - Initial-D
8 - One Piece
9 - Fairy Tale
10 - Golden Boy

I'm yet to watch GTO too, heard it's funny.

Mostly are "boy" oriented animes so i dunno.
My sister liked Vampire Knight so your gf might enjoy it to. From the looks of it looks like it goes with the current trend of vampires, twilight and shizzle.

Berserk - It has an awesome revenge history and besides... the guy have a sword that reminds buster sword :D, oh and a lot of monster killing hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Uvc2-JIFc      <3
« Last Edit: 2011-02-20 13:12:34 by Nightmarish »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #37 on: 2011-02-20 15:09:55 »
Planetes anyone? One of the best I've seen.

For laughs: Dokuro Chan, 2x2=Shinobuden or Golden Boy.
FMA Brotherhood. Better than the Original FMA anime (as it's based more on the original story, and have better pace).
The RKenshin OVA. Leagues beyond the original series.
Hellsing OVAs. (The artstyle may put some off though).
Monster.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011-02-21 19:43:31 »
Gurren Lagann, the only thing bad about the show is the fact that it ended..

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011-02-22 00:42:07 »
Berserk - He's Cloud but he's not a lady like Cloud hehehe just kidding, still he's revengefull violent and psychotic :D

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #40 on: 2012-08-19 19:28:12 »
Bible Black

lol!!! Straight to the point... best Hentai series for couples  :o  8)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012-08-20 00:02:47 »
snip. Enjoy..
« Last Edit: 2012-08-20 15:01:01 by e1sunz »

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #42 on: 2012-08-20 03:09:33 »
I liked Ghost in the Shell (the movies are the best, in my opinion - I recall loving 'Innocence' when I watched it), Code Geass, Death Note and Ergo Proxy. I'm really not sure what I'm going to watch next... I always take a long time to choose my next series. I'm thinking about Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop or Haruhi Suzumiya. I've also got an interactive visual novel I've yet to play through, 'Katawa Shoujo'. I have no idea what it's about for now though :D

steamwolf

• Nihoncha
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012-08-28 08:56:06 »
Yeah I also gotta go with Berserk. The latest movie is pretty good and faithful to the manga but I do recommend the manga over everything else. The tv series isn't too bad if you skip past the opening and ending songs...

litexUK

• View Profile
    • litex.pl/en
« Reply #44 on: 2017-04-21 14:33:19 »
I've go a question - what is the DEEPEST, THE MOST WISE anime you've ever seen? Like, without any compromise like "it's got something to it, but it's anime, so, relatively, pretty clever" - no, I'm asking about content that seriously was a shock to you when you already were adults.

My opinion is, perhaps you're gonna slam me for that, GitS is not like that. And Eva definitely isn't.

THX for any suggestions.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2017-04-21 14:56:15 »
I hear The Legend of the Overfiend is good if you like tentacles?

Seriously,  ;D I haven't watched a single one.  I tried to watch Akira and didn't get very far.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2017-04-21 16:01:29 »
I've go a question - what is the DEEPEST, THE MOST WISE anime you've ever seen? Like, without any compromise like "it's got something to it, but it's anime, so, relatively, pretty clever" - no, I'm asking about content that seriously was a shock to you when you already were adults.
THX for any suggestions.
I've got a few that I think really stand out, a series, a movie, and another series:

• Steins;Gate might be the best time travel story I've ever seen. It's got unexpectedly good science, with as solid a foundation in actual quantum physics as a time travel story could be, extremely consistent logic and rules, and a character-driven story that, despite its better-than-average science, is first and foremost about character growth and relationships. It's a very good, very emotional story, and it does its premise justice.

The time travel subgenre of science fiction is saturated with pseudo-intellectual stories that use pretension to disguise their flimsy content (Looper), junk science that can't consistently stick to its own rules (Back to the Future), and hamfisted, clichéd messages about inevitability that don't really have a point other than "the future can't be prevented" (12 Monkeys), and audiences and critics alike eat this stuff up.

Steins;Gate, on the other hand, manages to be well above average quality in all these respects, not only for anime, but in general. It can truly sit with the science fiction greats, Asimov, Heinlein, and Wells. That's no easy feat.

• Grave of the Fireflies tells the story of two Japanese siblings trying to survive near the end of World War II. There's no futuristic tech, no magic, no aliens, no ancient prophecies, and no older teenagers getting bloody noses every time they accidentally see a pair of panties. Just an honest story about two kids. I don't want to say too much, because spoilers would absolutely decimate this one, but it's based (very) loosely on a true story, and is guaranteed not just to tug at your heartstrings, but to really EARN whatever emotional response you give it.

• If ever a television series could be considered genuinely therapeutic, Gurren Lagann is it. It's about a young boy in an underground village who learns of the surface world, ends up there, and over the course of 27 episodes learns some much needed self-confidence as the world around him and its hazards just seem to get bigger and bigger. What makes it special is that it's perhaps more uplifting than pretty much anything. Just look at how people reacted to it.

Even aside from its must-watch status for anyone who isn't quite sure of themselves, it's a heck of a lot of fun. Giant robots, exciting battles, funny quips, a beach episode... all things that are completely at home in any anime, and Gurren Lagann handles them better than most. But to be so inspiring on top of that, that's what got it into this post.

And Eva definitely isn't.
Evangelion is pretentious emo crap that confuses angst for depth and tosses in a bunch of random religious symbolism for no real reason, using Judeo-Christian tradition and imagery the way Family Guy uses pop culture references. There's no meaning to any of it, it's just there, like we're supposed to laud it for simply acknowledging the Bible and making some analogies.

I usually consider "X is analogous to Y" to be one of the lowest forms of intellectualism unless the work aims to provide some deeper understanding of or message about the thing it's making an analogy to. Evangelion does neither. It has nothing to say, and takes a lot of words to say it.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-21 16:12:40 by Covarr »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2017-04-23 21:47:49 »
deleted
« Last Edit: 2017-04-23 22:13:19 by olearyf2525 »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2017-04-23 22:10:08 »
Oh in terms of anime movies the Series Kara No Kyoukai. It's complex, even after watching analysis videos I was still a little confused. Also there is a chronoligical order and an airing order. Watch the movies in the order they aired, the order they aired won't make as much sense but it's SUPPOSED to be that way, otherwise you take some of the thinking and mystery out of it. Japan's done this with a few series like Haruhi(but I don't recommend Haruhi because of the infamous arc of 8 basically repeated episodes, they could of made this two or 3 episodes and accomplished the same purpose...) Also in Kara No Kyoukai the animation and music is FANTASTIC.

Don't want to spoil the story too much, but basically the female protagonist, Shiki has Shinigami eyes. That is her third eye is open, and she can see the truth of all things, so she can see the death that surrounds us, ghosts, etc. Because of this power she became pretty distant and jaded from other human beings until she meets this kind guy, the story follows her adventures to try to make an impact on a world that only she can truly see the truth of, and her finally finding a meaningful connections in life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4OewLMeE58&t=2m48s
« Last Edit: 2017-04-23 22:16:20 by olearyf2525 »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #49 on: 2017-04-27 14:38:34 »
Any anime with MASSIVE fanservice. The more tentacles the better.

EDIT (serious):
Berserk 2016... Smh... Forget the awkward 3D animation; the real problem is the screenplay and pacing. Seriously wth? And why drop several arcs?? I'm guessing it's due to budget and they can only do so much with it. Still... Smh...

Even the comic has changed tone drastically. I wish I could go back in time and convince Miura not do as much comic relief (or in the case of Bersek: "comic relief" as it's most of the time not funny, but awkward). I have no problem with normal Puck and Isidro. But chestnut Puck and "comic relief" Isidro can go die.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-27 14:49:17 by gjoerulv »