Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4884765 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6050 on: 2017-08-21 00:24:30 »
Doing the dark cave sidequest, at the part where I'm climbing the Sector 7 pillar to get Vincent and Red XIII, but after the fight with the shinra dudes at the top the game tries to do the cutscene where the characters diffuse the Turk's bomb and the game freezes.

I changed all the game moment checks to try and make it just be Disc 3 rather than having to traverse the North Crater.  Maybe one of those is dodgy? I'll investigate.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: 2017-08-21 00:29:37 »
hey sega chief

I have idea for your 1.5 NT mod, is there anyway for you to put the keystone for people to dig up on that 1 town

Pendulum Swing

• View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: 2017-08-21 01:51:12 »
I applied the latest Flevel hotfix and tried to fight the Shinra Mansion safe boss again. It didn't split into two when I beat it, the battle ended instead. Is this normal behavior?
« Last Edit: 2017-08-21 01:58:17 by Pendulum Swing »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: 2017-08-21 03:57:28 »
hey sega chief

I have idea for your 1.5 NT mod, is there anyway for you to put the keystone for people to dig up on that 1 town

But then you wouldn't be in the Gold Saucer for Cait Sith to steal the Keystone.

I applied the latest Flevel hotfix and tried to fight the Shinra Mansion safe boss again. It didn't split into two when I beat it, the battle ended instead. Is this normal behavior?

There's not been any changes to the fight in the flevel patch and last I heard from people it was functioning as intended. On normal it's maybe possible to avoid the transform by killing him with Poison, but Arrange should lead into the 2 monster fight (it's a separate formation that's loaded afterwards, like Hundred Gunner > Heli-Gunner).

Are you playing on Normal or Arrange? I'm assuming it's Arrange.

Pendulum Swing

• View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: 2017-08-21 04:21:00 »

There's not been any changes to the fight in the flevel patch and last I heard from people it was functioning as intended. On normal it's maybe possible to avoid the transform by killing him with Poison, but Arrange should lead into the 2 monster fight (it's a separate formation that's loaded afterwards, like Hundred Gunner > Heli-Gunner).

Are you playing on Normal or Arrange? I'm assuming it's Arrange.

Arrange mode, yes. I haven't tried using Poison at all. Party was Cloud/Tifa/Cid.

Honki Ni Natta Mr.Karate

• Kyokugen Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: 2017-08-21 05:20:50 »
You can just choose when you get to the actual scene itself; I added a menu.

Hello Sega Chief so you say that date 1 of the 4 characters are same apply this mod version from original game!? PHEW I'm glad
that it won't change except the addition dialogues of Tifa in 7th Heaven when she asking Cloud to remember his promise.

- Anyways I have suggestion in your next NT mod update If you do, can you added a Bestiary Monsters Entry in Both Normal Mode and Arrange Mode like in FF1-FF6!?

- Second one it's related to Dark Cave sidequest If not in Normal Mode would you make a D.C(Dark Cave) Postgame/Bonus Dungeon in Arrange Mode!? I know it's impossible and too late as you say but It's okay if you won't do.

Konichu

• View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: 2017-08-21 08:15:27 »
Hey, I noticed something when I got to CD3.
I got back to Nibelheim to acquire Odin and when I killed the first form, the fight ended without him splitting into 2 form like it did the first time I went to Nibelheim (Arrange type)

Someone got any advice to kill all the tomberry for Mime ? D:

VHobel

• View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: 2017-08-21 12:30:46 »
The Venus Gospel doesn't seem to drain neither MP nor HP. Do you need to meet a certain condidtion in order for it to drain stuff?

Edit: Can confirm that the Debug NPC is now handing over the key item for the Premium Heart after applying the latest Flevel HoFix.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-21 12:39:27 by VHobel »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: 2017-08-21 12:56:37 »
Arrange mode, yes. I haven't tried using Poison at all. Party was Cloud/Tifa/Cid.

OK; something must have changed. I'll check it out.

Hello Sega Chief so you say that date 1 of the 4 characters are same apply this mod version from original game!? PHEW I'm glad
that it won't change except the addition dialogues of Tifa in 7th Heaven when she asking Cloud to remember his promise.

- Anyways I have suggestion in your next NT mod update If you do, can you added a Bestiary Monsters Entry in Both Normal Mode and Arrange Mode like in FF1-FF6!?

- Second one it's related to Dark Cave sidequest If not in Normal Mode would you make a D.C(Dark Cave) Postgame/Bonus Dungeon in Arrange Mode!? I know it's impossible and too late as you say but It's okay if you won't do.

We'll see; I'd much rather prefer to convert DC into a bonus dungeon, but I want to make some headway with FF8 NT before I commit to anything.

Hey, I noticed something when I got to CD3.
I got back to Nibelheim to acquire Odin and when I killed the first form, the fight ended without him splitting into 2 form like it did the first time I went to Nibelheim (Arrange type)

Someone got any advice to kill all the tomberry for Mime ? D:

I'm going to look into the Lost Number thing; Pendulum encountered the same problem.

Spoiler: show

For the Tonberries, they have a chance to counter-attack damage with one of 5-6 random abilities (each has the same name but a different effect). When they move left or right, they gain Reflect or Peerless but will lose both effects if they move forward so keep an eye on your target's movement.

For healing, try having your characters absorb an element like Fire or Ice then using Fire3/Ice3 to heal your party instead of Cure. You'll need Lv.3 Elemental Materia though.

There's a burst strat you can do if you have enough firepower. Quadra Magic + Bahamut ZERO can pack enough punch to greatly drain their HP but you'll need to deal with an influx of counters if you use it. Otherwise, pick one Tonberry at a time and wear him down.

When you get hit by Gold Knife, cast Dispel on the character followed by Esuna to get rid of the Petrify; avoid going into the battle with defence against Petrify and the Resist spell as the attack ignores status defence.

The Venus Gospel doesn't seem to drain neither MP nor HP. Do you need to meet a certain condidtion in order for it to drain stuff?

Edit: Can confirm that the Debug NPC is now handing over the key item for the Premium Heart after applying the latest Flevel HoFix.

No, it should drain HP/MP on strike. I'm going to check over the files just now.

Edit: Figured out the cause of the Lost Number problem, I'll sort it out.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-21 14:35:01 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: 2017-08-21 16:17:52 »
New field patch is up (IRO is uploading). This affects anyone who has gone past Palmer on Arrange Mode. To fix it, visit the Debug NPC on the Highwind; his last option is a toggle for the Arrange Field flag which got disabled during the Palmer scene (the Arrange Battle flag was untouched though).

Arrange Mode works on two separate flags; a Field Flag and a Battle Flag. Battle affects the battles, and Field affects which battles are loaded. Due to this issue, players will have missed the following two Arrange battles:

-) Demons Gate (swaps to a new enemy)
-) Bizarro (3-party fight instead of 1-party fight)
-) Final Fight (Cloud vs Sephiroth replaced with the old Hero Medal encounter from earlier builds)

Everything else in Arrange was unaffected, fortunately.

I.C_UrbanTech

• View Profile
« Reply #6060 on: 2017-08-21 16:57:38 »
At the Sunken Gelnika, there are weapons that all claim to be good at AP farming but for some of the weapons the slots say normal growth? I assume all the weapons are meant to be triple growth. Can anyone confirm? I am playing normal without 7h.

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: 2017-08-21 18:21:12 »
What are the awards for junon? When marching and performing for Rufus?

Is this in the documentation?

has anyone used Aerith for a full playthrough? I want to use her just because why not but curious if it'll make the rest of the game buggy or something.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-21 21:25:23 by cha0tic »

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: 2017-08-21 18:58:47 »
Hey Sega Chief. I have been playing the late game bonus stuff and i gotta say that it feels very nice to have to farm all the weapons/limit levels. I havent done everything but im close now. I just wanna point out some stuff tho
So first, i believe that there are some weapons with incorrect materia growth, for example Barret has a weapon(i believe its maxim gun) that says in the description"rapid fire ap" but it only has normal materia growth... i believe that cait sith´s weapon has the same problem.

Now, i just fought Zack, but there was no clue on the Highwind NPC, is it missing? or you just wanna keep it kinda "Unknown"?
Also regarding the Zack fight, there is no music during the battle...

And i just gotta ask, where dafuq is Outsider(Vincents Gun) xD, I´ve literally killed/stole from every monster in north crater and i didnt find it, am i missing something?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: 2017-08-21 22:27:42 »
At the Sunken Gelnika, there are weapons that all claim to be good at AP farming but for some of the weapons the slots say normal growth? I assume all the weapons are meant to be triple growth. Can anyone confirm? I am playing normal without 7h.

I think they've been left at single slot by mistake when I re-did the kernel. It was mentioned before but I forgot about it. I'll fix it now before I forget again.

What are the awards for junon? When marching and performing for Rufus?

Is this in the documentation?

has anyone used Aerith for a full playthrough? I want to use her just because why not but curious if it'll make the rest of the game buggy or something.

The prizes are Nothing, Potion, and a Rune Armlet; so it's best to try and aim for 120+ on the minigame. Rune Armlets are next acquired from Icicle Inn rather than Bone Village.

I fixed some bugs related to Aeris recently so make sure you have either the latest flevel hotfix or latest IRO if you're playing via 7H. Otherwise, it should be fine.

Hey Sega Chief. I have been playing the late game bonus stuff and i gotta say that it feels very nice to have to farm all the weapons/limit levels. I havent done everything but im close now. I just wanna point out some stuff tho
So first, i believe that there are some weapons with incorrect materia growth, for example Barret has a weapon(i believe its maxim gun) that says in the description"rapid fire ap" but it only has normal materia growth... i believe that cait sith´s weapon has the same problem.

Now, i just fought Zack, but there was no clue on the Highwind NPC, is it missing? or you just wanna keep it kinda "Unknown"?
Also regarding the Zack fight, there is no music during the battle...

And i just gotta ask, where dafuq is Outsider(Vincents Gun) xD, I´ve literally killed/stole from every monster in north crater and i didnt find it, am i missing something?

I didn't mention the Zack thing because I assumed players would head for the basement to see the Zack flashback at some point or another. There's supposed to be music though, so I'd better check that out.

Outsider can be acquired from Junon Leagues, Tier III. The first time you win it, an Outside should be awarded. Otherwise they can be obtained by Morphing a Malboro; they have 49400 HP and can be hit by Lv.5 Suicide; I'd advicse using L5 suicide 4 times, and then using either 2x Potions or 1x Hi-Potion on him before using L5 Suicide 1 more time. This should leave him with just a few hundred HP and ready to be Morphed.

I'm not sure why Malboro slipped the net on this; I'll swap M-Tentacles into the Morph slot and Outsider into the Steal slot.

Cthallman

• View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: 2017-08-21 23:50:47 »
Hey, thanks for all the hard work it's a great mod. It's really fun so far. I started the arrange mode and I got until the bike scene boss (super tough), and I'm starting to realize that maybe I should play this on normal mode. Is there any way to switch it to normal or do I have to start over?

Also I was fighting Rufus and his dog, I had poison-elemental combo on my weapon and Rufus was healing from it, the dog was also invincible to everything that I was throwing at him, so not sure if that is intended or not, I did configure some things so I might have accidentally changed something maybe.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: 2017-08-22 02:54:50 »
Hey, thanks for all the hard work it's a great mod. It's really fun so far. I started the arrange mode and I got until the bike scene boss (super tough), and I'm starting to realize that maybe I should play this on normal mode. Is there any way to switch it to normal or do I have to start over?

Also I was fighting Rufus and his dog, I had poison-elemental combo on my weapon and Rufus was healing from it, the dog was also invincible to everything that I was throwing at him, so not sure if that is intended or not, I did configure some things so I might have accidentally changed something maybe.

Hmm, I can swap you to Normal mode using a special set of patches but I'll need to set them up. I'm going to alter the Rufus fight (and some other Arrange battles based on feedback). Making him immune to poison was a very bad idea on my part.

Pendulum Swing

• View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: 2017-08-22 09:38:55 »

Encountered an issue with this NPC here. "Rank Up" does not actually do anything and acts similarly to "Forget it", I just get to control Cloud again.

RecklessPrudence

• View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: 2017-08-23 10:38:00 »
Okay, stupid question: The OP talks about a readme, that I've seen others in the last twenty pages or so refer to, but I couldn't find a link to it - I wanted to read up on the differences between New Threat and standard FF7. Is it all handled with the in-game documentation now? Even the bits that people have been talking about where it says where weapons and materia and stuff have been relocated to? If so, that's impressive! If not, whereabouts can I grab the readme to have a look at it before I fire New Threat up?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: 2017-08-23 13:54:43 »
Encountered an issue with this NPC here. "Rank Up" does not actually do anything and acts similarly to "Forget it", I just get to control Cloud again.

Not sure what's wrong with him, his scripts seem OK like the others. I'll get to the bottom of it though.

Okay, stupid question: The OP talks about a readme, that I've seen others in the last twenty pages or so refer to, but I couldn't find a link to it - I wanted to read up on the differences between New Threat and standard FF7. Is it all handled with the in-game documentation now? Even the bits that people have been talking about where it says where weapons and materia and stuff have been relocated to? If so, that's impressive! If not, whereabouts can I grab the readme to have a look at it before I fire New Threat up?

It should all be in the documentation folder. But here's a pastebin of the readme: https://pastebin.com/XFS5rHeF

watermelon

• View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: 2017-08-23 20:09:32 »
Haven't played this mod in a long time so I thought I'd do a fresh playthrough on 1.5 arrange.  I don't remember ever having trouble with the Bottomswell fight before, but this guy seems like he can't be poisoned, confused, paralyzed, silenced, or even slowed.  Inflicting fury works alright, but there doesn't seem to be many options available to you if Aeris gets turned into a frog, since your only access to a frog cure seems to be her level 2 limit (couldn't find any item or materia for it up to this point) and a single random vaccine I picked up somewhere.  Pretty unexpected difficulty spike, unless I'm missing something.

Still, great mod.  Lots of fun.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: 2017-08-23 20:15:00 »
Very small text bug:

When you can return to Midgar via the Sector 5 key and I assume after Meteor is falling, and go to the small town where Aeris' house is. The one house that has the kid with the money hidden in the drawers and the Turtle's Paradise poster. There's a guy up there who's text box is all jumbled. Words cut off midway and all that. Don't remember what specifically was said but I can go look if ya need me to.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: 2017-08-23 21:06:47 »
That's an Arrange-specific battle that replaces Bottomswell on that mode; the Frog status is a problem as there's no status healing items for it by that point of the game so that'll be taken off his attacks in the next patch.

Very small text bug:

When you can return to Midgar via the Sector 5 key and I assume after Meteor is falling, and go to the small town where Aeris' house is. The one house that has the kid with the money hidden in the drawers and the Turtle's Paradise poster. There's a guy up there who's text box is all jumbled. Words cut off midway and all that. Don't remember what specifically was said but I can go look if ya need me to.

I'll just check the field, there's not a lot of text up there.

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: 2017-08-23 21:37:17 »
Havent seen it explicity: What is the difference between 1.4 and 1.5? Will there be other versions as well? Are you finished or just bug-fixing for now? =)

watermelon

• View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: 2017-08-23 22:30:26 »
That's an Arrange-specific battle that replaces Bottomswell on that mode; the Frog status is a problem as there's no status healing items for it by that point of the game so that'll be taken off his attacks in the next patch.

Alright thanks, good to know I wasn't overlooking something.  I did manage to beat him, the only problem was it required some grinding to get Aeris her Planet Protector limit and to get enough AP to have bolt 2.  If you manage to get Peerless up right at the start of the battle, you can sorta blitzkrieg him down so you can completely skip his frog casting/tail whipping stage.  Also was this the intended reward or did you accidentally add a zero or something?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: 2017-08-23 23:39:16 »
Alright thanks, good to know I wasn't overlooking something.  I did manage to beat him, the only problem was it required some grinding to get Aeris her Planet Protector limit and to get enough AP to have bolt 2.  If you manage to get Peerless up right at the start of the battle, you can sorta blitzkrieg him down so you can completely skip his frog casting/tail whipping stage.  Also was this the intended reward or did you accidentally add a zero or something?

No, that's his old Disc 3 rewards when that particular enemy was used in Dark Cave. It missed initial fixes because the fight itself wasn't being loaded in Arrange Mode; it'll be sorted out in the next patch.

Havent seen it explicity: What is the difference between 1.4 and 1.5? Will there be other versions as well? Are you finished or just bug-fixing for now? =)

This is the last major version outside of bug fixes and adjustments. The differences between 1.4 and 1.5 aren't drastic, but Arrange Mode was made available and I reworked a lot of the bosses, particularly on Disc 2/3.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-23 23:41:15 by Sega Chief »