Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837549 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7300 on: 2018-09-30 23:16:54 »
Hello Guys ! :) My first post here :)

Im Playing New Threat Mod 1.5 for a 13hours
I have big problem with aersi Death - game crushing when i Reviving her.
So I instaled few patches / files. and everything go OK.
But after this changes Stats of materia changes.

And Now i don't know wchich stats is correct for NT Mod
Barrier - VIt +3      Magic Def  + 3 ,      Maxhp +3
Magic counter Mag +10      , Magic Def -26
Lighting VIt -03 ,       MagD - 3       MaxMp +3
ALL -     Mag - 5  , maxMP +3
Kjata - MAG/MAGD + 10 ,      MAXHP/MP -15
Its correct ? or no ?

Sorry for English, still learning -  Im from Poland :)

The Materia stats you posted seem correct. The latest versions of the mod changed them.

Yeah, I wound up figuring out that you can't dodge a summon and items. I'm more just complimenting the puzzle, really. That was tough.

I do have one, BIG question for you now though. I've been wondering around in the Great Glacier area for about an hour now, scouring every nook and cranny I can find for that dang Deathblow. The only mountain area I can think of is the one around the Alexander cave. Am I just an idiot? I guess I'll move on to the Gaea Cliffs for now and just... idk... check to make sure you didn't mean Gaea Cliffs when you said Mountain Area.

Edit: Oh my god. I found it in a random path immediately after asking. I guess it just blends in so well. Sigh. Fern me.

That path can be a pain to find as a specific route needs to be taken to get onto the correct screens (and even with a change of colour from cyan to yellow, it is still tough to spot). I could try changing it to a treasure chest or something for better visibility.

Delitta

• View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: 2018-10-01 21:47:09 »
Hey chief can you do me a favor, can you tell me, or tell where to look to see the differences between the September 2017 - January 2018 and the July 2018 patches?
Specially in arranged mode

By the way I am playing arranged right now already beat normal mode and I have come across places where there are no random enemy encounters and also places that I think make the game stop making u have random encounters until you hit the overworld again, I THINK it started happening outside midgard as soon as the mythril cave, then again in Zachs town I think also in the first 2 parts of the Red 13s father dungeon (altho I might be wrong on that one) again in the in shinra mansion and now again in mt nibel, I just repatched to a previous patch the SEPtember 2017 one to see if that fixes it

Delitta

• View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: 2018-10-01 22:04:58 »
So going to the september one didnt work nor using the hotfix november 2017 unless it did and mt nibel is scripted to NOT have encounters until uve beaten the spider Scorpion robot, if so I didnt check if the september 2017 one fixed it since I went directly to Mt nibel  but on the November hotfix I went to both palces to see if I cold get a random encounter which I was not able to do. I will stop messing around with the patches and wait until I read your advice

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: 2018-10-01 22:55:31 »
There is an option to disable random encounters located at save points. But if you are using the build from last year then you should really just restart your game. There have been major changes to alot of things and there could be a scripting error a bit further down the road that breaks the game.

Delitta

• View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: 2018-10-02 04:08:59 »
Jeez man you are right im such an idiot, since i had battles in over world I did'nt notice jeez thank you, anyways Sega if you still read this I would still like to know the difference between the versions from september 2017 to the current one, thank you for your time

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7305 on: 2018-10-02 23:33:07 »
Jeez man you are right im such an idiot, since i had battles in over world I did'nt notice jeez thank you, anyways Sega if you still read this I would still like to know the difference between the versions from september 2017 to the current one, thank you for your time

There are notepad files called patch notes in the download folder (for June and July 2018); they might not cover every single change made between the September and March versions but they should give you more of an idea of what was changed/fixed.

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: 2018-10-03 18:11:53 »
Alright, last question for the minute. I noticed that the Goblins no longer morph into Oversoul Shards and, instead, are purchased at the Battle Square. In similar changes, does the Yoshiyuki no longer drop from M-Class soldiers on the way to the underwater reactor? I've been grinding those suckers for a while. Also, can you check on their AI? Sometimes, while fighting them, they do an attack that just... never happens. The game just stays that way forever. Effectively a crash. It doesn't display an attack, the screen just zooms out and nothing ever happens again.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-04 03:46:23 by jamineal »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: 2018-10-04 04:10:31 »
Alright, last question for the minute. I noticed that the Goblins no longer morph into Oversoul Shards and, instead, are purchased at the Battle Square. In similar changes, does the Yoshiyuki no longer drop from M-Class soldiers on the way to the underwater reactor? I've been grinding those suckers for a while. Also, can you check on their AI? Sometimes, while fighting them, they do an attack that just... never happens. The game just stays that way forever. Effectively a crash. It doesn't display an attack, the screen just zooms out and nothing ever happens again.

Yoshiyukis still drop from M-Class; I'll figure out which attack is causing a lock.

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: 2018-10-04 14:56:53 »
Yoshiyukis still drop from M-Class; I'll figure out which attack is causing a lock.

Okay, so I was messing up. It's not the Soldier's appearing next to the alarms. It's the ones that appear several screens down the hallway, almost to the reactor entrance, when the defense systems begin popping up. The ones with the two guns that pop in and out. A soldier will rarely appear with two mechanical units. (I'd get you a name but I'm not going back there) Sorry for vagueness, writing from memory.

Delitta

• View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: 2018-10-08 02:36:35 »
Oh well the last one the july one from here on page 1 I think its broken its only 126 kbs, and when i try to use winrar it just says its broken ive downloaded twice now

Delitta

• View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: 2018-10-08 02:44:20 »
The IRO is fine but the other one is not (which is the one im using, the normal patch) Also if you got somewhere the patch notes for 2 SEPTEMBER   2017s and JANuary 2018 It be great to read them if not, could you tell me if you remember if the only major differences would be the INNATES or do you remember if maybe you added another BATTLE which are my main concern anyways, I think you changed the INNATES from then Cloud had 2nd wind thats the version that Im playing , just curious

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: 2018-10-08 19:27:50 »
Checked the links, but the main installer link looks fine; it directs to a 174MB file.

Most of the changes from september/january will be bug fixes, innate tweaks, and other small changes.

dirtygrass

• View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: 2018-10-09 02:07:03 »
Hi, I encountered a soft lock. I'm using the latest release version. After completing all Junon Leagues and talking to the guard and selecting "cancel" I can no longer move my character, open my menus, or anything. Is there a fix for this? It was very difficult to get all of those victories and I'm not keen to do it over again.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: 2018-10-09 02:40:43 »
Hi, I encountered a soft lock. I'm using the latest release version. After completing all Junon Leagues and talking to the guard and selecting "cancel" I can no longer move my character, open my menus, or anything. Is there a fix for this? It was very difficult to get all of those victories and I'm not keen to do it over again.

Sorry about that. I can modify your save file to get the stuff back that you've lost; as for the soft-lock, I'm not sure of the cause. I'll have another shot at fixing it.

Your save file is located in D:\YourUserName\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_##### if it's the steam version, or just in the FF7/Save folder if it's 1998/Game Converted version. If you send that across, I can add the rewards into the inventory.

dirtygrass

• View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: 2018-10-09 03:25:09 »
Sorry about that. I can modify your save file to get the stuff back that you've lost; as for the soft-lock, I'm not sure of the cause. I'll have another shot at fixing it.

Your save file is located in D:\YourUserName\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_##### if it's the steam version, or just in the FF7/Save folder if it's 1998/Game Converted version. If you send that across, I can add the rewards into the inventory.

It turns out I actually saved after I finished the first two leagues, so I was able to use Black Chocobo to add in the items I lost for the final league. Thanks for the offer though!

EDIT: On a totally separate note, I found what appears to be a bug. Aeris is using the Wizard Staff, which restores HP on hit. I decided to give her Slash-All to try and apply that effect to my entire team. However, when I hit my team or the enemy team with her staff, she restores 999MP to every member. This is obviously a wonderful and potent effect but unless I'm missing something it doesn't seem like it's intended.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-09 03:57:13 by dirtygrass »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: 2018-10-09 22:10:56 »
It turns out I actually saved after I finished the first two leagues, so I was able to use Black Chocobo to add in the items I lost for the final league. Thanks for the offer though!

EDIT: On a totally separate note, I found what appears to be a bug. Aeris is using the Wizard Staff, which restores HP on hit. I decided to give her Slash-All to try and apply that effect to my entire team. However, when I hit my team or the enemy team with her staff, she restores 999MP to every member. This is obviously a wonderful and potent effect but unless I'm missing something it doesn't seem like it's intended.

Good to hear it's sorted. The Wizard Rod I think is restoring MP instead of HP, and perhaps a bit more than intended, but it's fine for now.

TadGhostal99

• View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: 2018-10-10 00:10:06 »
Getting a soft-lock with carry armor.

Happens a few turns into the fight, I quadra-magic ultima, he does this, and that's it. Animations play carry armor is just frozen.

EDIT; Just found out this is a core game bug. Disregard!

Fantastic mod by the way. I've not played in literally 20 years and this is a very enjoyable experience.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-10 00:14:38 by TadGhostal99 »

TadGhostal99

• View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: 2018-10-10 17:53:27 »
Bug Report. I just noticed in Junon Town, the little fishing village area before you bribe the guard to get in, still has Barret, Yuffie, Red XIII, Aries, and Tifa sitting around talking shop. I'm on Disc 2, well after the Weapon attack and the cannon is gone, but every time I visit that area the gangs just outside.

Edit; Every time I talk to Mr Smile to reset everyone to 1, he just gives Cait Sith, Vincent, and Cid more sources, but doesn't seem to be removing any levels or letting me re-spec the other characters. So Cid now has insane stats as I've re-specced a few times, and so does Vincent/CS.

I'm level 75 ish, what should my stats look like? Any way to 'fix' it? (In the meantime I just added up everyones 'source' points in Black Chocobo, cid was at over 900, where as Tifa and Cloud who were legit 8/8 were each at 400, so I just set everyone to have 400 total 'source' points, seems fine enough.)
« Last Edit: 2018-10-10 21:42:37 by TadGhostal99 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: 2018-10-10 22:18:23 »
Getting a soft-lock with carry armor.

Happens a few turns into the fight, I quadra-magic ultima, he does this, and that's it. Animations play carry armor is just frozen.

EDIT; Just found out this is a core game bug. Disregard!

Fantastic mod by the way. I've not played in literally 20 years and this is a very enjoyable experience.

It's an annoying bug, seems to happen with some multi-part enemies but not others.

Bug Report. I just noticed in Junon Town, the little fishing village area before you bribe the guard to get in, still has Barret, Yuffie, Red XIII, Aries, and Tifa sitting around talking shop. I'm on Disc 2, well after the Weapon attack and the cannon is gone, but every time I visit that area the gangs just outside.

Edit; Every time I talk to Mr Smile to reset everyone to 1, he just gives Cait Sith, Vincent, and Cid more sources, but doesn't seem to be removing any levels or letting me re-spec the other characters. So Cid now has insane stats as I've re-specced a few times, and so does Vincent/CS.

I'm level 75 ish, what should my stats look like? Any way to 'fix' it? (In the meantime I just added up everyones 'source' points in Black Chocobo, cid was at over 900, where as Tifa and Cloud who were legit 8/8 were each at 400, so I just set everyone to have 400 total 'source' points, seems fine enough.)

I think they're supposed to be there, the dialogue changes as you advance through the game. It was originally intended to have characters visible to be talked to in most towns like in Costa Del Sol but it's only been done for Kalm and Junon.

The reset should only be for the rank itself rather than the sources; it was a debug routine to sort out an issue with ranks being messed up by a scripting change. If you started a game recently then it's best to not use the reset as it was just to sort out a technical issue with players who were midway through the game.

Stat-wise, every character gets +5 to every stat for each rank (so +30 per rank, 240 over all 8 ranks). And then a further +20 to the chosen stats on each rank for +140 for all 8 ranks. So in total it should be +380 for each character.

I'll probably remove the debug routine to reset ranks in the next patch. In the future though, there will be an actual reset feature where you can properly reallocate ranks + eliminate the need for sources themselves to make it a bit more streamlined.

TadGhostal99

• View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: 2018-10-10 23:12:12 »
Got it. I thought it was a way to re-spec those choices.

As I'm near the end I had some minor questions; at the end of the check SP character list, there's some question marks. Is this for a hidden character? What do I need to do to unlock it, if so?

Second, is there a plan or a way to get control of Vincent back after he limits? I seriously hesitate to use him sometimes for longer fights as he basically loses his attack option and, in some fights that require more tactics/items/magic, functionally can't afford to use his limits. I'm sure there's no way to make him controllable in that state, but what if he transformed, ran through a few form-attacks, then 'died' and re-spawned with full health, clearing all status/buff/debuffs in the process? It might seem a bit hacky, but would work thematically with his passive healing him over time, and actually make using his limits not a liability in long fights.

Third, any way to pick what 'pearl' hits when quadra-all'd? I don't get to select a single target so it just picks one randomly and only hits that thing until it dies, meaning if it kills it in one hit it just stops.

Fourth; Is arrange mode good to go? Should I do that if I enjoyed the base mod? Is the content sufficiently different from the base mod?

Thank you for your time and work on all this, it's a great mod!
« Last Edit: 2018-10-11 16:36:31 by TadGhostal99 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7320 on: 2018-10-11 21:58:37 »
Got it. I thought it was a way to re-spec those choices.

As I'm near the end I had some minor questions; at the end of the check SP character list, there's some question marks. Is this for a hidden character? What do I need to do to unlock it, if so?

Second, is there a plan or a way to get control of Vincent back after he limits? I seriously hesitate to use him sometimes for longer fights as he basically loses his attack option and, in some fights that require more tactics/items/magic, functionally can't afford to use his limits. I'm sure there's no way to make him controllable in that state, but what if he transformed, ran through a few form-attacks, then 'died' and re-spawned with full health, clearing all status/buff/debuffs in the process? It might seem a bit hacky, but would work thematically with his passive healing him over time, and actually make using his limits not a liability in long fights.

Third, any way to pick what 'pearl' hits when quadra-all'd? I don't get to select a single target so it just picks one randomly and only hits that thing until it dies, meaning if it kills it in one hit it just stops.

Fourth; Is arrange mode good to go? Should I do that if I enjoyed the base mod? Is the content sufficiently different from the base mod?

Thank you for your time and work on all this, it's a great mod!

The SP list has a debug string in it that was copy-pasted along with the rest of them to all the save points in the game.

I've some notes for Vincent's limits and what I go with depends on what I can get to work; one plan was to do as you said, which is revert him after a certain number of attacks.

Quadra sets a random target when used with single-hit spells; I could look into changing the targeting but I'm not a fan of quadra on the whole and might be trying to do something different with it in the future.

Arrange Mode is ready to play, it's a bit wonky in places balance-wise but hopefully it does the trick.

TadGhostal99

• View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: 2018-10-11 23:53:25 »
Cool beans!

Other minor thing, in the Dark Cave, when I spoke to the Don, Aries was just standing inside his desk, saying something about how he seems ok now. She was still there after I got Aries out of the church and went back to check since it seemed so out of place.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: 2018-10-12 19:07:21 »
Cool beans!

Other minor thing, in the Dark Cave, when I spoke to the Don, Aries was just standing inside his desk, saying something about how he seems ok now. She was still there after I got Aries out of the church and went back to check since it seemed so out of place.

It's a script issue; there are two sets of models for cloud, tifa, and aeris on that field and one isn't being hidden correctly when it's not in use.

nmystryker

• View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: 2018-10-15 07:34:23 »
so I checked the patch notes for 1.5 and notice that the posts/pages are many on this post so I assume I can just ask here. I am at the fight before Dyne and the body that triggers the scorpion fight is not here like in 1.4. has he been removed from here or did i miss something or do something wrong?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: 2018-10-15 16:41:18 »
He was moved elsewhere, it was a bit cumbersome having a solo fight to prep for right after that one.