Author Topic: What mods to use?  (Read 2555 times)

C-Sharp

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
What mods to use?
« on: 2014-04-15 16:32:08 »
Hello all,
I recently purchased FFVII from steam and tested out the tifa's bootleg following EQ2Alyza's instruction. Everything went smooth and I really appreciates the works the devs put together for this to be available.
I have a question regarding what mods are best to select to stick to the originality of FFVII with just graphics enhancement and not change too much (etc. menu and such)?

sen

• No life
    • View Profile
Re: What mods to use?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-16 02:07:18 »
For menu originaility but enhanced use Team Avalanche GUI not Renuion as for battle menu especially is not ffvii styled

C-Sharp

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-16 16:07:38 »
For menu originaility but enhanced use Team Avalanche GUI not Renuion as for battle menu especially is not ffvii styled

Thank you for your reply, I'm currently using the BFE.exe to pick the mods. I don't see the Team Avalanche GUI you mentioned in any of the selection. Cuz I was reading that the Menu Overhaul is no longer FFVII menu but more of FFX and FFIX....

sen

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-04-16 17:10:45 »
Thank you for your reply, I'm currently using the BFE.exe to pick the mods. I don't see the Team Avalanche GUI you mentioned in any of the selection. Cuz I was reading that the Menu Overhaul is no longer FFVII menu but more of FFX and FFIX....
Erm haven't used BFE for a long time aswell as this game forget nearly everything sorry, i think it's in this image by eq2alyza where it says 'Team Avalanche HR'
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img248/2408/bootlegtextures.png
Select that and deselect anything of Renunion

C-Sharp

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-04-16 17:34:09 »
Thank you for pointing that out for me. Somehow I missed that Team Avalanche options. I realized that when I followed eq2alyze I already selected that. But it seems like because eq2alyza also select the Menu Overhaul which makes the menu turns out different. So the ReUnion that you talking about is actually the Menu Overhaul?

sen

• No life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-04-17 19:42:56 »
Thank you for pointing that out for me. Somehow I missed that Team Avalanche options. I realized that when I followed eq2alyze I already selected that. But it seems like because eq2alyza also select the Menu Overhaul which makes the menu turns out different. So the ReUnion that you talking about is actually the Menu Overhaul?
Yeah Menu Overhaul is part of Renuion, forgot this was a new name for the proejct

C-Sharp

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-04-19 18:10:38 »
It's the weekend so I get sometime off. I finally got every set up the way I like it after the 5th try.
First, I went with eq2alyze set up but didn't really like it much. So I had to delete the game and redo it all over.
After many trials and errors I have finally have the settings I like for this game. Pheww.
Love how the graphics are so nice. Enjoy every bit of this game now as it brings so much memories back.
I wish in the future we will get to be able to switch mods in and out without having to uninstall the whole game and restart from scratch.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • No life
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 2014-04-19 18:54:25 »
I wish in the future we will get to be able to switch mods in and out without having to uninstall the whole game and restart from scratch.

There is already an injection tool for this called 7thHeaven: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14490.0

A tutorial for it will be coming in about a months time  ;)

C-Sharp

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-04-21 15:48:21 »
Wow I didn't even know there is something like that. Thank you for pointing that out EQ2Alyza.

BTW, great youtube videos on the mods playthrough. I really enjoy them.