Author Topic: FF8 installation CD  (Read 1125 times)

Yugisokubodai

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
FF8 installation CD
« on: 2014-06-28 14:54:55 »
Say, I translated FF8 PC to my language, now the question is how to make the translated data into an installation CD so that my friend can install the translation using this CD.

I'll be very gratefull if anyone can help.

Thank you in advance.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • No life
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: FF8 installation CD
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-28 15:02:40 »
There are two ways:

1 - You can make a patch that gets applied on a fresh install. After he installed, he runs the patch and gets his game translated.

2-  You re-compile the installation disk using any ISO-making program (I use CDBurnerXP), or alternatively burn it on a blank CD.

I recommend the first method. You just have to select the fresh files after the translation and then the translated files, and it makes a patch. Your friend will need the same fresh files, though.

Yugisokubodai

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-06-29 00:13:56 »
Thank you for your quick reply. I used an ISO making program, and what it did was making an un-installable CD.
My purpose is to make a CD that have install function, so my friend can use this ISO to install the game to his computer.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • No life
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-06-29 02:27:00 »
If you know how, you can make a batch script that adds (and removes, for uninstall) the registry keys and copies the modified files. I can do it for you if you want, send me a PM if interested.