Author Topic: FF7 EXE Hacks Hub - For DLPB's HextLauncher  (Read 2659 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
FF7 EXE Hacks Hub - For DLPB's HextLauncher
« on: 2014-11-20 19:48:14 »
So one thing that could be handy is centralising all the known hacks/fixes for FF7.exe into one file that can be added to and customised fairly easily: http://www.mediafire.com/view/6ql2eyay1as3r2f/FF7_EXE_Hacks_Hub.txt

I put this .txt together for use with DLPB's 'HextLauncher' (just drop it in the HE_in folder after installing HextLauncher, and set yourself user permissions to edit the .txt file as needed like you'd do with Aali's .cfg). These effects can all be activated independently from one another by deleting the '#' symbol from the line. To de-activate them again, restore the '#' symbol:

Note that all of the hacks here were found on threads posted by other contributors, so full props to them for this stuff:

-) Long Range enemy attacks (all enemy physical attacks will be long range, unless the short range flag is ticked for attacks using the PrC tool).

-) Poison Options (allow enemies immune to poison element to get status and to change element of poison status 'tick' damage)

-) Materia Equip Effects (the ones listed in the file are custom-made for the NT Mod, but they can be altered for other uses)

-) Command Materia - Commands don't overwrite the Attack command but instead are placed in a new slot

The rest are untested:

-) Mega-All no longer gives Slash-All

-) Disables Materia Split on Master (used in N7 so should work)

-) Cait Sith & Vincent starting stats/equipment editor (I'm not convinced these are the correct addresses, though)

-) Snowboard NTSC Times Fix (this is in DLPB's mod, so likely working)

If this was built upon, it could be a very handy modder's resource for making edits easier, something that could just be distributed and dropped in without having to bother with .exe patches and the like. It'd also give a little more versatility to Gameplay mods that come out that would have otherwise been limited to editing the scene, kernel, etc. Either way, I'll be adding to the notepad whenever I see something; I've got my eye on another forum that appears to be applying Gameshark codes to FF7 Steam's .exe (one of their members was able to add an E.Skill to Cloud's equipment with specific skills learned on it rather than all of them) so I want to try and add those in.